Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
I just hope YourTube gets updated soon.

And Plugication actually works better on this JB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Edit: Never mind, I'm dumb.

omg chael crash fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 22, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

omg chael crash posted:

When trying to pair my PS3 controller it keeps asking me for a "pin", any idea what I'm supposed to put there?

Anytime I don't know a pin for pairing I've used 0000 to great effect. Give it a try.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Does anyone know of a tweak similar to Cascade that's iOS 7 compatible?

Cascade really gave a 5 icon dock a slick look.

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
I sure hope Nyan Cat Sliders get updated.
Are there any other cool sliders out there working?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Along those same lines, are there any tweaks that rid the lock screen of slide to unlock and allow me to swipe the whole screen to unlock?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Blimpkin posted:

Along those same lines, are there any tweaks that rid the lock screen of slide to unlock and allow me to swipe the whole screen to unlock?

Does installing iOS7 count as a tweak?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

eddiewalker posted:

Does installing iOS7 count as a tweak?

You, sir, have made me feel quite foolish.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
What was the name of the tweak that prevented an app from being unloaded from memory? Does it work on iOS7?

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
Really missing lockinfo. Is there currently a way to show ALL missed emails on the lockscreen and mark them read from there?

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

cisneros posted:

What was the name of the tweak that prevented an app from being unloaded from memory? Does it work on iOS7?

I use Background Manager. It's a paid tweak but it lets you set an Activator action to enable backgrounding for an app, and will then put a badge on the icon to let you know it's still running.
Works great on my 5S.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

cisneros posted:

Sunblood posted:

I use Background Manager. It's a paid tweak but it lets you set an Activator action to enable backgrounding for an app, and will then put a badge on the icon to let you know it's still running.
Works great on my 5S.

Same one I use. Had issues with the latest updates on my iOS6 iPhone4s so I had to roll back to an earlier version, but it works great on my iOS7 5s and rMini.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Pair that with Insomnia and those apps will run while your device is locked. Great for 3rd party music apps and torrent clients.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a tweak that gets rid of the "Turn on wifi to improve location accuracy" message?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Na'at posted:

Is there a tweak that gets rid of the "Turn on wifi to improve location accuracy" message?

Yep, NoAnnoyance I think its called.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
WeeTrackData7 just released/updated. A bit high I think at $1.99 but quite useful for quick reference.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Due to my refusing to update iTunes on my desktop with tons of storage (I like my podcasts to be organized exactly as I have them, what can I say?) and my laptops having weeny amounts of storage, I wound up not being able to restore my iPad from the backup I barely fit on my aging PC laptop's drive. I didn't know it would consume what was left in the restoration process.

I wound up restoring via iCloud. My iPad is currently downloading all of its former (non-JB) apps. My question is whether restoring this way will make any difference when I jailbreak it(other than taking much longer than restoring from iTunes would have been). I'm planning to use my MacBook Air to do the actual JB if that matters.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

ibntumart posted:

the backup I barely fit on my aging PC laptop's drive. I didn't know it would consume what was left in the restoration process.

http://goo.gl/gFdlEY

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I tried using an external hard drive. I couldn't get iTunes to restore from it and I didn't have enough I could transfer from the laptop to free up enough space. If there is a trick to making iTunes restore from an external HDD, that would be fantastic, but I didn't have luck finding one.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Controllers for All just updated to support DS4 controllers.

I installed it and it installs BTStack and Controllers For All and I hit the Pair button and press the 2 buttons on my DS4 and it pairs. Then I go to a game and the notification says "press your PS button" and I do, and it stacks 3 LCAP2 errors at some memory address, then a dialog about being connected and then... Nothing. Nonresponsive.

This was tried on 4 different games. Any ideas?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

A good day.

@FilippoBiga
Springtomize 3 is now live in Cydia! Compatible with all devices running iOS 7.x: filippobiga.com/springtomize/

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Eh, I bought Springtomize 2 back in the day.

Back then and even now, it appears that it is capable of exactly nothing that could not already be accomplished by using a variety of free tweaks.

Also, Springtomize 2 always had and continues to have bugs that were reported but not fixed. I bet money the same happens to version 3.

I'll pass, and stick to using free tweaks and Flex for my needs.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.

ibntumart posted:

I tried using an external hard drive. I couldn't get iTunes to restore from it and I didn't have enough I could transfer from the laptop to free up enough space. If there is a trick to making iTunes restore from an external HDD, that would be fantastic, but I didn't have luck finding one.

You can create symlinks to the external hdd.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."

Feenix posted:

Controllers for All just updated to support DS4 controllers.

I installed it and it installs BTStack and Controllers For All and I hit the Pair button and press the 2 buttons on my DS4 and it pairs. Then I go to a game and the notification says "press your PS button" and I do, and it stacks 3 LCAP2 errors at some memory address, then a dialog about being connected and then... Nothing. Nonresponsive.

This was tried on 4 different games. Any ideas?

Have they added a disable function? Also because of BTstack I lose connection to my bluetooth keyboard, and get an error message whenever I load up a game. I love the idea but it needs some polishing. Also if there was a way for the Vita to act as a controller, then it would be perfect for my setup.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Crosspoastin' from iOS Games thread: relevant question here as well:

I know this is equally jailbreaking discussion but is anyone using Controllers for All? I'm using my DS4 with MFI approved games and my success is... So so.

It connects fine, Joe Danger Infinity flat out doesn't work. Angry Birds Go seems ok, Shadow Blade works great until you get to the downward dash move. I can't seem to figure out how that should be done. There doesn't seen to be a button for it.

Anyone else have experience with this tweak and with the DS4 (or DS3 and these games?)

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Grrr... managed to transfer the backup to a hard drive and onto my desktop PC (loads more space, no worry about running out during the restore). And now that I've re-wiped and restored the iPad, iTunes won't get past the Welcome To Your New iPad screen. I can only set up a new iPad or re-restore it from the backup I just finished restoring from.

The iPad itself works, but none of my apps are on it except the stock ones.

This is so drat frustrating. Was there something else I was supposed to copy from the laptop other than the MobileSync folder?

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life
I wiped my jailbreak for Beta 4 without even second guessing it. None of the tweaks out really did much for me that was worth the nagging feeling of possible added bugs. Maybe if there was a large modding group like Cyanogenmod on Android that created just one large package of improvements to iOS I would be happy, but something about running a poo poo ton of piddly tweaks to improve the OS doesn't sit well with me. The only reason I jailbroke my iPod back in the day was to be able to quickly change my brightness and rotation and upload files to a comic reader, but that's all built in now.

The scene seems so entrenched now in Cydia and simple deb packages for minor tweaks that it doesn't seem it will change drastically any time soon. It'd be nice to see a jailbreak that just focused on coming up with a nice complete package that focused on real OS improvements like Cynagogenmod and bypasses all the awkward Cydia stuff.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A good tweak that hides certain things from the status bar please?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Cloaky

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Some man.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

SaucyLoggins posted:

I wiped my jailbreak for Beta 4 without even second guessing it. None of the tweaks out really did much for me that was worth the nagging feeling of possible added bugs. Maybe if there was a large modding group like Cyanogenmod on Android that created just one large package of improvements to iOS I would be happy, but something about running a poo poo ton of piddly tweaks to improve the OS doesn't sit well with me. The only reason I jailbroke my iPod back in the day was to be able to quickly change my brightness and rotation and upload files to a comic reader, but that's all built in now.

The scene seems so entrenched now in Cydia and simple deb packages for minor tweaks that it doesn't seem it will change drastically any time soon. It'd be nice to see a jailbreak that just focused on coming up with a nice complete package that focused on real OS improvements like Cynagogenmod and bypasses all the awkward Cydia stuff.

This is a dumb post.

The defining, major point of Apple products is that they have good features and are easy to use.

Android has come pretty far in its attempt to copy this ethos, and stock Android does a pretty good job of it.

Cyanogen only exists as a way to give people a basically stock Android experience that is compatible with many devices, in order to help those poor souls that get "enhanced" versions of Android on their phones (e.g., Sense, TouchWiz, etc), or to help those poor people that shell out hundreds for a device that doesn't get any short or long term software support.

I would say that Cyanogen is just a compilation of tweaks itself, built on top of a stock Android experience. And Android users push apks that have updated themes, keyboards, widgets, etc, in the same way Cydia installs debs that tweak iOS.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ach this is a paid tweak. Any free ones that do the job?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

Ach this is a paid tweak. Any free ones that do the job?

You can link a prepaid Visa card to an Amazon or Paypal account if you don't have another method of payment.

I'm not aware of any free tweaks that mimic Cloaky or perform similar functions right now.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Every time I install anything that automatically closes folders after I exit out of an app, it makes it so that when I close out of a folder program it zooms in super close to whatever icon I have in the upper right hand corner of my screen before closing. I don't know why, but it happens with Foldercloser, Springtomize, whatever. Any ideas?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
For those who prefer a "dark theme" in their apps a new tweak titled Eclipse (by @fr0st) should be hitting Cydia today and it will attempt to be a system wide dark mode.

aherdofpenguins posted:

Every time I install anything that automatically closes folders after I exit out of an app, it makes it so that when I close out of a folder program it zooms in super close to whatever icon I have in the upper right hand corner of my screen before closing. I don't know why, but it happens with Foldercloser, Springtomize, whatever. Any ideas?

Are there zooming options in the settings of any of your installed tweaks?

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

spongeworthy posted:

For those who prefer a "dark theme" in their apps a new tweak titled Eclipse (by @fr0st) should be hitting Cydia today and it will attempt to be a system wide dark mode.

Are there zooming options in the settings of any of your installed tweaks?

The only thing that does something remotely close to that is the icons in the dock are smaller than the other icons. Whenever I turn off that option it stops doing it, so I'm assuming it's at fault.

I do have winterboard installed, so that could also be messing with it since it's kinda wonky now.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Anyone have a recommendation for a volume tweak that let's me go past 100%? I watch movies on my ipad when I'm out, but even with external speakers they're usually too quiet.

I've tried a winter board thing that is supposed to do it, but I can't hear any difference so I don't think it works. I just want whatever the best tweak is for this, free or pay it doesn't matter,

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

BrainDance posted:

Anyone have a recommendation for a volume tweak that let's me go past 100%? I watch movies on my ipad when I'm out, but even with external speakers they're usually too quiet.

I've tried a winter board thing that is supposed to do it, but I can't hear any difference so I don't think it works. I just want whatever the best tweak is for this, free or pay it doesn't matter,

Several non-JB movie players do this. AVPlayer, probably nPlayer.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Install XBMC and watch films using that. It allows you to go way above 100%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

spongeworthy posted:

How is this going to be different than invert colors under accessibility?

• Locked thread