Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT posted:

When IaMP came out with Evening Star, didn't ZUN write something like "Yukari finally has her own theme"?

I always attributed the melody to Yukari rather than Ran since she is, well, the actual stage 6 boss of PCB. Even if I like Ran's theme a lot better and Ran's came first, I still always attribute it to being originally from Yukari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kheldragar posted:

I always attributed the melody to Yukari rather than Ran since she is, well, the actual stage 6 boss of PCB.

RIP yuyuko

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Kheldragar posted:

I always attributed the melody to Yukari rather than Ran since she is, well, the actual stage 6 boss of PCB. Even if I like Ran's theme a lot better and Ran's came first, I still always attribute it to being originally from Yukari.

Are you sure you're not forgetting anyone?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Can anyone help me find a specific arrange of Nuclear Fusion? It was the one that featured H-bomb test footage and started with a voiceover, followed by a mellotron-esque organ arrange. It's disappeared from Youtube so my bookmarks don't help, and the title was the same as the original song's so it's proving hard to find...

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Namtab posted:

RIP yuyuko

She's already a ghost, and a cheerful one at that, so she is resting in peace.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

JosephWongKS posted:

She's already a ghost, and a cheerful one at that, so she is resting in peace.

No, she actually a remorseful and angry ghost because *quotes 300 page long self-insert fan fiction*

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

She seemed perfectly okay with being a Stage One Boss. That's pretty peaceful.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Aliginge posted:

Holy poo poo (origin)

http://sinkerghost.co.vu/tagged/drawingu

sup

Anybody recognize the song playing on that site? Taking a wild guess that it's a remix of something touhou.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Anybody recognize the song playing on that site? Taking a wild guess that it's a remix of something touhou.

I wouldn't expect it to be. Previous songs had nothing to do with Touhou. It's just stuff she likes.

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

http://sinkerghost.co.vu/tagged/drawingu

sup

It's not Touhou. Googling the lyrics pulled up http://randomnessthing.com/2010/01/26/beat-of-the-day-say-that-you-love-me-by-akemi-kakihara/

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Namtab posted:

RIP yuyuko

Extra stage. :doh:

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Kheldragar posted:

Extra stage. :doh:

Phantasm :v:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

No, she actually a remorseful and angry ghost because *quotes 300 page long self-insert fan fiction*

Yuyuko's bio from PCB is pretty great though. In life she killed herself 'cuz the whole causing death thing kinda sucked, as a ghost she got a new-found appreciation for this whole death thing and gleefully makes people drop dead because that's the cool thing to do.

Redmark posted:

Phantasm :v:

Nobody identifies Sakuya or Youmu as stage 6 midbosses either, mate.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Potsticker posted:

She seemed perfectly okay with being a Stage One Boss. That's pretty peaceful.

Her stage one theme was dreadfully lacking though. Then again, it is stage one; since when has a stage one boss ever had a good-

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Not to disparage your taste in music, but I've always thought that Nazrin was the first one to break the stage 1 boss theme curse. And Ghost Lead is pretty cool too. Practically the only thing that made replaying TD stage 1 tolerable. It's a bit short to be good as a stand-alone piece, but all stage 1 boss themes are short by necessity. I think it could have been pretty great if it had more time to develop.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Apparitions Stalk The Night is a cool song, there never was a stage one boss theme curse. :saddowns:

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Crosspost from Trad Games. Apparently there's a Cirno RPG :crossarms::

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3485203&pagenumber=21#post424751522

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

There has been a number of touhou Pen and Papers RPGs out there, hell a goon even made one.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

ElMaligno posted:

There has been a number of touhou Pen and Papers RPGs out there, hell a goon even made one.

Heck, in The Game Room, there have been two attempts to run a Touhou battle game using the Fate RPG system. I did one, another goon did the other but both fell apart for personal reasons of the GM. Its tough to recreate the game itself, but we tried to nail the Gensokyo flavor which is really all you need.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Krysmphoenix posted:

Heck, in The Game Room, there have been two attempts to run a Touhou battle game using the Fate RPG system. I did one, another goon did the other but both fell apart for personal reasons of the GM. Its tough to recreate the game itself, but we tried to nail the Gensokyo flavor which is really all you need.

I still think that the best way to run a touhou inspired game is using a supernatural detective theme set in modern times.
I just want someone to do Tsukumogami yakuza...

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kheldragar posted:

Her stage one theme was dreadfully lacking though. Then again, it is stage one; since when has a stage one boss ever had a good-

So I'm supposed to be looking for arranges of Minoriko Aki's theme now right?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

ElMaligno posted:

Hell, I've made one :v: Never released it anywhere, but I did.

ElMaligno posted:

I still think that the best way to run a touhou inspired game is using a supernatural detective theme set in modern times.
I just want someone to do Tsukumogami yakuza...

Nah, the best way is probably Golden Sky Stories. It's all about being minor yokai, so you and your friends can be stage 1 bosses together.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."
Like just about everything else from SA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK252WLTycw

Stage one boss music owns :v:

SA krew represent

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

SA contains my top two characters, my top favourite theme, and a cast where I can like every single character in it. (Bosses that is) Hate playing it though :v:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

gnome7 posted:

Nah, the best way is probably Golden Sky Stories. It's all about being minor yokai, so you and your friends can be stage 1 bosses together.

Where there are no incidents causing a surly miko to run around smashing you and your friends' faces in!

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Yeah SA is the best. It's got my top favorite (Utsuho) and a couple of less favorite characters and music as well.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The President of the United States has declared Honnouji Academy part of Gensokyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHbLzXz0si4

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"

el burbo posted:

The President of the United States has declared Honnouji Academy part of Gensokyo
What is this and how do I make one?

e: aw hell yes fiverr is finally useful for something http://fiverr.com/activerog/be-your-white-house-spokesperson

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jan 25, 2014

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

This is over a year old, but I just discovered that Alpha Music mashed up U.N Owen with the fourth movement of Dvorak's ninth symphony and it sounds drat good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Eb2wYDDLw

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kheldragar posted:

SA contains my top two characters, my top favourite theme, and a cast where I can like every single character in it. (Bosses that is) Hate playing it though :v:

In terms of music, the Stage 5 theme was so good that it made grinding that level bearable.

Too bad I was too fatigued to finish the game by the time I get past it :negative:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Very much like "Weekly Shonen Jump" and "Wall Street Journal", in my mind I always always mix up SomethingAwful and Subterranean Animism, and have to take a half a moment to work out what people are talking about. :v:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I don't mean to interrupt the praise for touhou 10+ but this is one of the best touhou themes performed in the best way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTU84uwyN5w

Zoness fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 30, 2014

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Very much like "Weekly Shonen Jump" and "Wall Street Journal", in my mind I always always mix up SomethingAwful and Subterranean Animism, and have to take a half a moment to work out what people are talking about. :v:

SA contains my favourite two characters, Meaty Martha and Teh Loki.

Zoness posted:

I don't mean to interrupt the praise for touhou 10+ but this is one of the best touhou themes performed in the best way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTU84uwyN5w

Immediately knew it from the video title. But I still have to :cripes: at the obsession with U.N Owen. I want awesome things for other themes!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

DrSunshine posted:

I get all my financial news from WSJ!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Do any of you guys think you could help me identify a Touhou arrangement that was used in the old-rear end P5 fan soundtrack a while back? I know it's an arrange of Tiny Tiny Clever Commander, but i have no clue to as to the name/artist of the track itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Can0foLWDwM

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kheldragar posted:

Immediately knew it from the video title. But I still have to :cripes: at the obsession with U.N Owen. I want awesome things for other themes!

U.N. Owen went viral on both sides of the pond. The McRoll/RAN RAN RUUU was undeniably responsible over here in America, and it certainly had an impact in Japan though it's far from the only reason people went nuts over the theme (and in turn, Flandre).

Like it or not, U.N. Owen is probably a huge reason as to why Touhou is as popular as it is.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
You're certainly not the first person to think the reason for Touhou's popularity was unknown.

...that would have been more witty if spoken instead of written.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Got a bit of a question, and this ought to move faster than Pooshlmer. See, I've just downloaded Touhou A Live from here:
http://vgperson.com/games/touhoualive.htm

And like the think tank I am, I cannot seem to find any .exe for the game itself. Am I blind, or is there something I'm missing here? I'm already running in Japanese locale, so that's hopefully one hoop down.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

You probably don't have RPG Maker 2k3 installed so what you're going to have to do is run RuntimeSkip.exe to fake your computer into thinking that RPGM2k3's runtime packages are installed and then run RPG_RT.exe to play the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Do not even ask posted:

You probably don't have RPG Maker 2k3 installed so what you're going to have to do is run RuntimeSkip.exe to fake your computer into thinking that RPGM2k3's runtime packages are installed and then run RPG_RT.exe to play the game

Right then- I assume I'd have to download RPG_RT.exe then?