Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rereginald Dennys
Oct 20, 2012
I'm Cerebral Cortez and I'm still trying way too fucking hard, if you see me posting anywhere, ever, you should probably just report me. Thanks :)
- Management

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

Even if they carny it up, I'm interested in seeing how they weasel out of it. The last two weeks of callers will be pretty epic.

I bet they don't even really acknowledge it. A few calls and that's it. And immediately following, Fez will be even less active than he is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

Even if they carny it up, I'm interested in seeing how they weasel out of it. The last two weeks of callers will be pretty epic.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fez got fired but still showed up for the show every day.

mr_bunnyfish
Feb 6, 2012
What song got played on O&A today before Dr. Ian Smith called in?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

mr_bunnyfish posted:

What song got played on O&A today before Dr. Ian Smith called in?

Bush - Machinehead ?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Have any listeners brought up the lovely audio quality that is Rawdog on the air since the move? What did Ron say?

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

eightysixed posted:

Have any listeners brought up the lovely audio quality that is Rawdog on the air since the move? What did Ron say?

He commented about how it's a lower bandwidth channel. It'll always be lovely quality compared to O&A's or the music channels.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The comedians and Ron ragging on Fez (and his big gay mustache) today were pretty great- it felt like good O&A.

Also good proof that Fez is here to stay since he can easily roll with these situations Ron will keep pushing him into.

mr_bunnyfish
Feb 6, 2012

The Dave posted:

Bush - Machinehead ?

Thanks!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQdSEb6OSKo

You get to see Mike Francesa's "credit card holder" and it really is a cardboard sleeve you put over your Starbucks cup.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Why does Ron insist on having Jeff Gurian in every goddamned day? I can't stand him. Time to find something else to listen to the rest of the afternoon.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I love Jeff :(

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
When he was in talking about his magical healing powers I thought he was great, a great gimmick, charismatic, ideal guest. For some reason, now he has some sort of booking power and is treated with respect? I don't get that part.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Just got back from seeing Otto and George here in Manchester. Goddamn what a great show! He absolutely killed it. And apparently Vos is going to be back here in April, which is awesome. Going to also try to see Colin in Plymouth in February.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

UncleMonkey posted:

Just got back from seeing Otto and George here in Manchester. Goddamn what a great show! He absolutely killed it. And apparently Vos is going to be back here in April, which is awesome. Going to also try to see Colin in Plymouth in February.

I've acquired a free pass for the Stress Factory in New Brunswick, and Vos is there in April. How is he live? I've never seen him live before.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

UncleMonkey posted:

aww what the gently caress. He said nothing on Facebook.+ I literally got out of work and had nothing to do. Was he in Dow st? or did he get moved to a bigger venue?

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Nice to see that this piece of poo poo Sirius online player is down yet again. God drat Sirius is such an incompetent poo poo company.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis

TL posted:

I've acquired a free pass for the Stress Factory in New Brunswick, and Vos is there in April. How is he live? I've never seen him live before.

I saw him do 10 minutes back in October, and I thought he was funny. He really did do that dryer door joke that they make fun of him for.

HarvestFly94
Nov 4, 2002

Who betta than Mortis?

TL posted:

I've seen Vos live a few times. He's really good. Opie has always said that as a person Vos is an idiot, but as a comic he's brilliant, and that's 100% right.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

TL posted:

Vos is amazing live. Amazing. As dumb as he can be, he is a genius on the stage. When I saw him a year ago, there happened to be an Elvis convention going on and he must have done a good 10 minutes just off the top of his head, not to mention like ten minutes of crowd work, before even going into his set. He's phenomenal. If you can see him, go.

ChristianDB posted:

aww what the gently caress. He said nothing on Facebook.+ I literally got out of work and had nothing to do. Was he in Dow st? or did he get moved to a bigger venue?
Yeah, somehow my friend found out and we got tickets like on Monday. I should have said something earlier. He was in Headliners, which is usually set up in some conference room or another in the Radisson on Elm St right across from Vetern's Park.
http://www.headlinerscomedyclub.com/

iceaim
May 20, 2001

As dumb as Vos can be on the radio (and in an entertaining way I might add), I have nothing but respect for Vos as a comic.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Not crazy about Gurian, but I have to admit his appearance on Friday was pretty good. The drama with Dean Edwards was interesting and his Woody Allen story was great.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Top 40 Radio Jock Opie was in full effect during Grammy talk today.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Stokes posted:

Top 40 Radio Jock Opie was in full effect during Grammy talk today.

And Anthony's "I'm a libertarian, who cares" bigotry act is beyond threadbare.

Edit: Someone needed to call in and just scream "THE GRAMMYS ARE NOT FOR YOU" at these two. Sometimes they're totally out of touch and this is one of them.

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 28, 2014

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

And Anthony's "I'm a libertarian, who cares" bigotry act is beyond threadbare.
Ant isn't a libertarian. Not even close. He's a racist, right wing authoritarian. If he claims to be a libertarian, then he has no idea what that word actually means. Ant believes in an authoritarian justice system that is taken at its word (especially when it comes to minorities) and where people's constitutional rights are nearly non-existent. He believes in immediate and brutal execution without the right to appeal. He loves, loves, LOVES police brutality-- the more brutal the better-- and dreams of a police state in which everyone (except for him, of course), is yanked off the street, harassed, and brutalized based on nothing more than the whims of cops (which are never to be questions and who never do wrong). He believes in the TSA and that people should be singled out based solely on their perceived religion and skin color. He believes that certain groups of people are racially superior to others, whom he considers sub-human and less deserving of rights.

Ant is as much a libertarian as I am Mickey Mouse (and I'm not Mickey Mouse).

Incidentally, most of the things I mentioned above are beliefs professed by Jimmy as well. The only difference is Jimmy doesn't couch his proclamations in a perceived ethnic superiority. Other than that, he's lockstep with Ant.

Sorry, don't want to turn this into a political derail. Just want to make it perfectly clear, Ant is a far-right republican at best. He is most definitely not a libertarian, even if he thinks he is.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

UncleMonkey posted:

Sorry, don't want to turn this into a political derail. Just want to make it perfectly clear, Ant is a far-right republican at best. He is most definitely not a libertarian, even if he thinks he is.

He's a right-wing shitheel doesn't give a poo poo about "the fagolas" getting married or about weed, so he's pretty much a libertarian by today's Internet Libertarian standards.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

UncleMonkey posted:

Oh, I agree with you completely. I was commenting on the persona he believes he is portraying. That faux-apathy thing that he believes puts him above "diversity" and "acceptance" but really just highlights what a despicable racist and bigot he is.

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jan 28, 2014

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

UncleMonkey posted:

Ant isn't a libertarian. Not even close. He's a racist, right wing authoritarian. If he claims to be a libertarian, then he has no idea what that word actually means. Ant believes in an authoritarian justice system that is taken at its word (especially when it comes to minorities) and where people's constitutional rights are nearly non-existent. He believes in immediate and brutal execution without the right to appeal. He loves, loves, LOVES police brutality-- the more brutal the better-- and dreams of a police state in which everyone (except for him, of course), is yanked off the street, harassed, and brutalized based on nothing more than the whims of cops (which are never to be questions and who never do wrong). He believes in the TSA and that people should be singled out based solely on their perceived religion and skin color. He believes that certain groups of people are racially superior to others, whom he considers sub-human and less deserving of rights.

Incidentally, most of the things I mentioned above are beliefs professed by Jimmy as well. The only difference is Jimmy doesn't couch his proclamations in a perceived ethnic superiority. Other than that, he's lockstep with Ant.

He also collects Nazi paraphernalia and seemingly only doesn't have a go at Jews because they sign his paychecks.

He's a textbook fascist. Take him back to 1930's Germany and he'd be all over Hitlers balls.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

UncleMonkey posted:

Actually, we should dig deeper with Ant. From what I've gathered, Ant is one of those guys who acts tough but is easily pushed around by anybody he meets. He reacts not by learning and pushing back, but pushing the tough guy image to the point where it breaks: paranoia over being defenseless and displaced anger towards convenient targets to mask self-loathing over not being able to be assertive. Which is really sad as he's really loving funny and deserves a better life than dealing with all of these issues and letting them ruin what could be a very awesome life.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
If that kid didn't always try to rob young Ant of 50 cents at school, he'd probably be a normal person today. I doubt he'd be as funny though, so gently caress it. I can forgive a nazi, provided they created a character as enduring as Andrew 'Dice' Gay.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Actually, we should dig deeper with Ant. From what I've gathered, Ant is one of those guys who acts tough but is easily pushed around by anybody he meets. He reacts not by learning and pushing back, but pushing the tough guy image to the point where it breaks: paranoia over being defenseless and displaced anger towards convenient targets to mask self-loathing over not being able to be assertive. Which is really sad as he's really loving funny and deserves a better life than dealing with all of these issues and letting them ruin what could be a very awesome life.

What in the hell would ever make you think this? You don't become a unique and gigantically successful multi-millionaire by being easily pushed around. Nothing at all about Ant's personality, career, or life would lead me to believe he's easily pushed around. His life is not being ruined by anything -- he loving lives in a god drat mansion and does whatever he wants all the time.

You just said that Anthony Cumia deserves a better life.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

An Enormous Boner posted:

What in the hell would ever make you think this? You don't become a unique and gigantically successful multi-millionaire by being easily pushed around. Nothing at all about Ant's personality, career, or life would lead me to believe he's easily pushed around. His life is not being ruined by anything -- he loving lives in a god drat mansion and does whatever he wants all the time.

You just said that Anthony Cumia deserves a better life.

Cumia is a miserable bastard. If you think he's a happy person deep down, you've got a lot to learn about life.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Cumia is a miserable bastard. If you think he's a happy person deep down, you've got a lot to learn about life.

I'm a miserable bastard too, but I'd rather be a miserable bastard that gets to gently caress models.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Sure, in some ways, but I'd hardly say he comes off as truly unhappy and pity from some guy on an internet forum is absurd. He's also never come off at all as easily pushed around, once his radio career really got rolling.

Lovechop posted:

I'm a miserable bastard too, but I'd rather be a miserable bastard that gets to gently caress models.

This, too. He's about as successful as possible in an extremely cool job.

An Enormous Boner fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 28, 2014

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Money doesn't buy happiness guys..........

But the things you can purchase and the things that are influenced by money does, so...

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

An Enormous Boner posted:

Sure, in some ways, but I'd hardly say he comes off as truly unhappy and pity from some guy on an internet forum is absurd. He's also never come off at all as easily pushed around, once his radio career really got rolling.

This, too. He's about as successful as possible in an extremely cool job.

Almost every single time Ant has had the opportunity to confront a person that they've been bashing behind that person's back, he clams up or completely shifts personalities into this kowtowing yes-man. I can't remember him ever actually confronting someone who was a "celebrity" or someone who may, in some context, be considered an equal. He will only poo poo on callers (subhuman) and blacks (subcaller).

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Under the vegetable posted:

Almost every single time Ant has had the opportunity to confront a person that they've been bashing behind that person's back, he clams up or completely shifts personalities into this kowtowing yes-man. I can't remember him ever actually confronting someone who was a "celebrity" or someone who may, in some context, be considered an equal. He will only poo poo on callers (subhuman) and blacks (subcaller).

That's because he's a professional and doesn't want to constantly alienate guests that come on his show. It's almost like he's very good at his job.

edit: it's also got to put things in perspective when you actually meet and talk to a person you've bashed. It's easy to talk poo poo about someone but when you meet them and they're nice or charming or interesting or whatever then "confronting" them quickly becomes a dumb thing to do.

An Enormous Boner fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 28, 2014

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah folding on guests is just being a smart broadcaster. If they burn bridges with everyone no one would book there, and contrary to what they say, that would be bad for them and they would hate it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm really concerned about Anthony's happiness.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

therealjon_ posted:

I'm really concerned about Anthony's happiness.

likewise, I'll make the kickstarter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Louis Ck and Penn Jilette was on O&A today, I can't wait to listen. They are two of my favorite guests.

• Locked thread