Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Antinumeric posted:

I was playing as the Byzantine Emperor. I acquired the Gavelkind Kingdom of Bulgaria, but couldn't destroy it due to it being Gavelkind. So I got the CA up, switched to ultimogeniture but died before I could destroy it. Despite the Byzantine empire saying primogeniture and the Bulgarian empire saying ultimogeniture when I died my youngest son inherited both titles and I started playing as him.

Considering he was 0 at the time this led to a few issues.

Was he the only son with born in the purple?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Trogdos! posted:

I have been playing a muslim for a time now. Normally I've played mostly pagans for their quick gameplay style. I'm bad at christians, unless it's the byzantines (free holy wars) or a republic. Feudal christians - I always stagnate after my first kingdom and suck at expansion.

But now, I've formed my first empire ever. Succession I can handle. Decadence is at 0-1% forever without any relatives ever picking up ash'ari with me. I bought SoI when it came out and it took this long to try out muslims because everyone bashed the decadence mechanic. But I'm having a ton of fun.

Yeah, I haven't really tried Muslims very much yet but what is it about the decadence mechanic that people dislike so much? Is it just that you end up having to give out a lot of land to people who will inevitably try to make a claim on your title on succession? Because I always end up doing that anyway since I'm dumb.

Sulla
May 10, 2008
For gavelkind they could maybe set up a points-based system where everything you own has a value attached to it (say, 1 point for a barony, 2 points for a county, 3 for a duchy and 5 for a kingdom) and after a certain amount of points you're forced to distribute them to your sons before you die (with each of them having a point limit themselves) or else inherit a massive tyranny penalty when the primary heir takes over.

Just anything that gives the player more control over who inherits what, and at the same time forcing them to distribute more or less an equal share to every heir.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah, I haven't really tried Muslims very much yet but what is it about the decadence mechanic that people dislike so much? Is it just that you end up having to give out a lot of land to people who will inevitably try to make a claim on your title on succession? Because I always end up doing that anyway since I'm dumb.

Because decadence is dynasty wide and that what you just wrote will gently caress you up because your dynastic vassals will let their sons run wild and be useless. Decadence is not hard to manage, but constricting and opposite of what is fun in CK2. Instead of having branching dynasties, you need to prune them. It's not really that fun for me in its current implementation and I think that it really needs reworking.

EDIT: It's like a time bomb. It's not hard to deal with, but the stress will slowly eat you up from inside, until you just can't take it anymore. :v:
You could also compare it to timed quests in those old rear end RPGs. Fun the first several times, but it quickly becomes tedious as you replay the game more. And CK2 goes hand in hand with replaying.

Jesus Christ this sounded real bitchy!

fuck off Batman fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jan 25, 2014

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
Regarding people wanting to flesh out CK2 rather than add new things.

You know they can do both right?

Anyway i'm really excited about this DLC because of the racists after the announcement and hopefully the "ugly borders" spergs freaking out once it's released. I've caught up on this thread (read the last 15 pages) and "ugly borders" posts are my favorite posts so thank you for making me laugh.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Necroneocon posted:

Anyway i'm really excited about this DLC because of the racists after the announcement and hopefully the "ugly borders" spergs freaking out once it's released. I've caught up on this thread (read the last 15 pages) and "ugly borders" posts are my favorite posts so thank you for making me laugh.

Yeah, "more fleshing out" is not good for marketing, so they always announce new things and add depth under the hood. It's just that people never learn.

And you might laugh now at "pretty borders" crowd, but pretty soon you're going to like them ironically, and that is just one step from posting hateposts at ugly maps :argh:

Pretty borders are like drugs.

rvm
May 6, 2013

Necroneocon posted:

In Sons Of Abraham they added some new mechanics and new events for existing factions, new extremely underwhelming faction, while messing up the game balance. I hope they won't break things again with the patch and I'm definitely not buying new expansion, unless it includes something like retinue.

To be honest, I'd prefer that they focus on what they actually care about (Catholics, Norse, Byzantine, maybe) then half-rear end India or China or Japan like they did with non-Norse pagans or Jews.

rvm fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jan 25, 2014

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I can't wait for the new DLC and see in what new interesting ways paradox will break the game and introduce new bugs. Especially interested to see what they will do with the hordes.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The way the revoke plots work is actually pretty simple but nowhere in game does it explain it to you.

I honestly had no idea there was any rhyme or logic to it. Thanks!

On another note, is it possible to reorganise counties, duchies and kingdoms so they all follow their de jure borders without going on a terrible revokation spree? Now that my empire covers about a third of the map, the OCD bit in me is getting harder to shut out. I'm dreading to see what'll happen when I conquer the mishmash of states that are the British isles (nearly every county is independent, brilliant for quick conquering).

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Disco Infiva posted:

Because decadence is dynasty wide and that what you just wrote will gently caress you up because your dynastic vassals will let their sons run wild and be useless. Decadence is not hard to manage, but constricting and opposite of what is fun in CK2. Instead of having branching dynasties, you need to prune them. It's not really that fun for me in its current implementation and I think that it really needs reworking.

EDIT: It's like a time bomb. It's not hard to deal with, but the stress will slowly eat you up from inside, until you just can't take it anymore. :v:
You could also compare it to timed quests in those old rear end RPGs. Fun the first several times, but it quickly becomes tedious as you replay the game more. And CK2 goes hand in hand with replaying.

Jesus Christ this sounded real bitchy!

Imprison and slay all kinsmen. Give your lands to non-nobles so they'll never inherit each others' titles. Each succession, imprison all your brothers and half-brothers until you get your own son, then behead them all.

Works like a charm :v: Honestly, I just give all my sons a lovely penalized newly conquered county each, or more if I deem the son as my successor. When the brothers are imprisoned and beheaded when the most powerful son takes the throne, I just land my most able non-nobles with their lands and the cycle begins anew.

Rahzmataz
Apr 29, 2013
I've managed to rescue my game from the brink of defeat, and now it's going okay. Sorta.

I went from King of Ireland, Scotland, and Brittany, to a mayor in Denmark (My brothers were pretty lovely toward me after our father forgot to ditch Gavelkind). That one holding was all I had. Now i'm king of Denmark and i've got my sights set on Norway. Emperor of Scandanavia, here I (hopefully) come! I'm a little concerned about Cumania, however. It's massive and can raise well over 80k troops. Still, with any luck they'll ignore me.

Rahzmataz fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 25, 2014

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

monster on a stick posted:

^^^^ once as a ducal regent I got the "do you want autonomous vassals of course you do" event.
This happened to me as the child emperor.

His entire family name was killed for his insolence.

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

chippocrates posted:

Was he the only son with born in the purple?

Nope. Started as the emperor.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Antinumeric posted:

This happened to me as the child emperor.

His entire family name was killed for his insolence.

This happened to me as well. It was extra annoying though because they decided to do it one step at a time. It started on high, and then they were all "You have to change it to medium!" and being a regency I didn't have an option to refuse. Then they did it AGAIN down to low, and once more to minimum. It's like they deliberately wanted to leave me with the hope that it wouldn't drop again just so they'd have the pleasure of taking it away from me.

I've learned now not to fill my realm entirely with dynasty members though. See it sounds like a good idea on paper because you get a bonus with them and they'll all be your culture and religion so they'll like you, but in practice what happens is they all hate you and like each other. So every time someone starts a faction, everyone joins the :bandwagon: and you end up having to fight off a revolt of your whole realm every generation.

In the future I think my policy is going to making them all different dynasties, and different cultures if possible, so that sure they might hate me, but they'll hate each other too so they won't be able to cooperate to make demands. Plus if they get too uppity I can just set crown authority to low and let them work it out among themselves.

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

The Cheshire Cat posted:

This happened to me as well. It was extra annoying though because they decided to do it one step at a time. It started on high, and then they were all "You have to change it to medium!" and being a regency I didn't have an option to refuse. Then they did it AGAIN down to low, and once more to minimum. It's like they deliberately wanted to leave me with the hope that it wouldn't drop again just so they'd have the pleasure of taking it away from me.

I've learned now not to fill my realm entirely with dynasty members though. See it sounds like a good idea on paper because you get a bonus with them and they'll all be your culture and religion so they'll like you, but in practice what happens is they all hate you and like each other. So every time someone starts a faction, everyone joins the :bandwagon: and you end up having to fight off a revolt of your whole realm every generation.

In the future I think my policy is going to making them all different dynasties, and different cultures if possible, so that sure they might hate me, but they'll hate each other too so they won't be able to cooperate to make demands. Plus if they get too uppity I can just set crown authority to low and let them work it out among themselves.

If they do it via the event it counts as your character changing the law. So you can never raise it above autonomous when you come of age. It is serious bullshit.

My policy is to make one duchy filled with family members (kingdom if they are emperors) and everywhere else filled with my culture/religion generated vassals. Seems to work fairly well.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

BBJoey posted:

How exactly is giving out your titles to people who you can't play as gaming the system when that's exactly what the system does in the first place? As it is, the game isn't very clear on how and why titles are distributed. If the player was able to choose who gets what (within constraints, like each son having to have a certain number of counties etc) then Gavelkind might actually be a viable and interesting playstyle instead of something which is to be dropped and never considered again.

Because Gavelkind isn't intended to be a viable and interesting playstyle, unless you just want to stay tiny forever. Gavelkind is made to be the lovely succession that has to be dropped and never considered again as soon as you can meet the conditions for changing it, which for some countries can be fairly difficult. Gavelkind is supposed to gently caress your poo poo up, that's why it doesn't give the player any input at all into how it works.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Yeah, I think of the three games I've finished, and the several I've stopped midway through, Muslims are my favored playstyle, as well. Decadence gets blown way out of proportion on this forum for how deadly/crazy/annoying it is. It's not handled the best, and the AI can't deal with it at all, so yeah, I agree it needs a rework, but as a player, you should be able to build a fairly large empire and never have a single problem with decadence. Hell, I was roleplaying my dudes to make lovely decisions, and it still never got past maybe 20-30 at the absolute highest point.

I think the issue with decadence is that, while it's fairly easy to control, you need to imprison or murder your entire male dynasty in order to keep it under control (which makes things less interesting because you don't have any dynasty members running around doing poo poo), and if you let it get out of control for a generation or two then it'll spiral out of hand because the AI makes no attempt to manage decadence so the surviving dynasty members have kids, who have more kids, and so on.

Main Paineframe fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 25, 2014

rvm
May 6, 2013

The Cheshire Cat posted:

In the future I think my policy is going to making them all different dynasties, and different cultures if possible, so that sure they might hate me, but they'll hate each other too so they won't be able to cooperate to make demands.

Different dynasties, sure, but different cultures is just terrible idea. Title claimant is -15 and it goes away eventually, but same dynasty +5 is permanent.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
So, public opinion seems to be that the mongols are the best faction to get achievements with.

I assume it's easiest to go full North Korea on Europe but how exactly do I do it without a) wasting my initial doomstack b) clicking a million times to imprison/banish people and c) losing conquered kingdom titles to the Gavelkind demon?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Disco Infiva posted:

You need to wait for your Diviner to agonizingly convert each and every province in your demense. Your stats mean nothing, your Diviners stats cap at around 20 learning. Have fun!

EDIT: Read your post better. Yeah, there is no rhyme or reason about which provinces are converting when you reform your faith, at least I didn't find one.

:gonk:

Is there any conversion events I can fire with the console? I really do not want to have to convert 6 counties with my court chaplain; having them another religion will kick my income and levies in the balls.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yeah, this happens from time to time - it's not so much a bug as it is that the Knights and the Papacy both have large armies... and small navies. They may not have enough boats to actually ship their guys over (and the AI may not be bright enough to split their Holy Doom Stacks into shippable units; I don't know).

Yeah this happened to me in my current game. The King of England gave the Knights Templar land, so they spawned in southern England and spent the entire unsuccessful crusade for Andalusia hanging out there. Still getting a whole bunch of my guys the crusader trait was worth it.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

So, public opinion seems to be that the mongols are the best faction to get achievements with.

I assume it's easiest to go full North Korea on Europe but how exactly do I do it without a) wasting my initial doomstack b) clicking a million times to imprison/banish people and c) losing conquered kingdom titles to the Gavelkind demon?

a) Don't worry about it, you'll be rolling in the best retinue soon.
b) Invasion gives you control of all sieged counties. Don't end the war at 100%WS grab as much land as you can
c) Mongols have ultimogeniture.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The way the revoke plots work is actually pretty simple but nowhere in game does it explain it to you.

You can use a revoke plot against a vassal if any of the following are true:

-The vassal is a count with more than one county (you can plot to revoke a secondary county)
-The vassal is a duke with counties outside their duchy (you can plot to revoke those counties)
-The vassal is a duke with no de jure counties inside his own duchy (you can revoke his duchy).
-You can plot to revoke any county in your own capital duchy.

Apparently you can't do ANY of those if your ruler has the content trait, though. Basically, you can plot to revoke titles that violate a vassal's de jure jurisdiction. If they happen to have multiple duchies and counties inside each of them though, or if they're a king/queen, you can't do anything about it though, so it's best to try to nip it in the bud if you're worried about them.

The thing that bugs me about revoking is that you can only revoke ONE title from a traitor before it counts as tyranny. Sometimes with the way they've worked out their titles it just doesn't make sense to only revoke one of them. Also sometimes I'd just like to strip them of ALL their titles and redistribute them, but even if you immediately give them away it still counts as tyrannical so I can't really do that.

Of course, if you are the Byzantine Emperor or a Muslim king/emperor, you can revoke duchies for free, meaning you can always maintain your de jure internal borders!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
They should just code in a Lear succession type where your lands are handed out based on your children's Diplomacy/Intrigue scores and children with the Honest trait get banished from the realm.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

grancheater posted:

a) Don't worry about it, you'll be rolling in the best retinue soon.
b) Invasion gives you control of all sieged counties. Don't end the war at 100%WS grab as much land as you can
c) Mongols have ultimogeniture.

Huh, the game said I was about to lose certain kingdoms after I finished the first war. I suppose it takes a while for the lower titles to update to ultimo.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

GoatLord posted:

They should just code in a Lear succession type where your lands are handed out based on your children's Diplomacy/Intrigue scores and children with the Honest trait get banished from the realm start a chain event that ends with your entire kingdom destroyed from the inside out.

Fixed that for you.

Actually, I'd love to see some Shakespeare styled events in the game. It'd give me a reason to play as Denmark at least.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Huh, the game said I was about to lose certain kingdoms after I finished the first war. I suppose it takes a while for the lower titles to update to ultimo.

Sometimes the game doesn't update succession for whatever reason. When my son was married to a princess, and I managed to faction her onto the throne, then faction the succession law to primogeniture, my grandson didn't show up as her heir until I saved and reloaded the game.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I'd kill to have the religious conversion system from EUIV ported into CK2, maybe have its speed tied to your religion's moral authority. For some reason I'm fine with all the other councilor activities firing at random, but with religious conversion I wish you were at least making some progress towards converting rather than waiting decades with nothing to show for it.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Mickey McKey posted:

:gonk:

Is there any conversion events I can fire with the console? I really do not want to have to convert 6 counties with my court chaplain; having them another religion will kick my income and levies in the balls.

"event 900 = converts any province where your leader is stationed to your religion , note that you can convert any province by appointing your leader general of an army and then moving that army to the province you want to convert"

From the CK2 Wiki.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Torrannor posted:

Of course, if you are the Byzantine Emperor or a Muslim king/emperor, you can revoke duchies for free, meaning you can always maintain your de jure internal borders!

It's not quite that easy as counts, dukes and kings inside the Byzantine empire start marrying/murdering each other and inheriting titles. After a while it's not uncommon to see something like the Despot of Armenia with a vassal or a county in Spain. I try not to click the subordinate vassals map button.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Confession - I use the console to switch over to dukes with sloppy overgrown duchies and transfer vassalages around until everything is in its right place. Not because I'm afraid they're too strong but because I hate untidy duchies.

Unless its my own. Then I'm just exercising the prerogatives of nobility and the king had better step off.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

KittyEmpress posted:

"event 900 = converts any province where your leader is stationed to your religion , note that you can convert any province by appointing your leader general of an army and then moving that army to the province you want to convert"

From the CK2 Wiki.

Thank you. I dont want to go around doing it everywhere but its so frustrating to see the AI mass convert its conquests while I sit here with a State Learning of 43 / Priest with 21 / 90+ Moral Authority unable to convert a single drat Old Romuva, unreformed Slavic, or unreformed Suomenusko county.

Spakstik posted:

I'd kill to have the religious conversion system from EUIV ported into CK2, maybe have its speed tied to your religion's moral authority. For some reason I'm fine with all the other councilor activities firing at random, but with religious conversion I wish you were at least making some progress towards converting rather than waiting decades with nothing to show for it.

This would be pretty sweet. I agree (as noted above) that the current system does not work so well for players (or at least my confirmation bias tells me so).

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
So I'm mongoling my way across Asia. Captured the Ecumenical Patriarch. Now he's sitting in my dungeon and I don't know what to do with him - Cant ransom, can't banish, can't revoke his title and killing him probably just creates a new one from the pope dimension.

Anything I can do about that or should I just ignore him?

The Venetians for some reason conquered a church in the Constantinople county, is that why he still exists?

e: Well that was poo poo. I reformed the Tengri faith and turned into a theocracy. Game over. :argh:

NihilVerumNisiMors fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 25, 2014

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
Dumb question: after I reformed Slavic... I'm seeing "Pagan Homeland" when attacking Romuva territories. Do I no longer count as Pagan or something?

Confused as to what's going on.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I've learned now not to fill my realm entirely with dynasty members though.

Having nearly everyone be your dynasty is pretty sweet. I've been running this whole game on low CA and they're all too busy scheming against each other to worry about challenging me. The best part is that each claimant I place on a throne is completely immune to internal revolts. Every time someone who isn't in my bloodline decides to make a play my entire realm marches. The really big downside is that you can't just take the hit if your assassin gets chatty.

quote:

Plus if they get too uppity I can just set crown authority to low and let them work it out among themselves.

I think your problems are more due to medium CA than having everyone in the same dynasty.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mailer posted:

Having nearly everyone be your dynasty is pretty sweet. I've been running this whole game on low CA and they're all too busy scheming against each other to worry about challenging me. The best part is that each claimant I place on a throne is completely immune to internal revolts. Every time someone who isn't in my bloodline decides to make a play my entire realm marches. The really big downside is that you can't just take the hit if your assassin gets chatty.

I think your problems are more due to medium CA than having everyone in the same dynasty.

You CAN assassinate them... just don't get caught :ninja:.

The trouble with having them all in the same dynasty is they tend to dogpile on a revolt. Even if they don't back the initial faction that starts it, what always happens is every other vassal ends up just getting called in as an ally by the rebels since they get automatic alliances for being related. I generally have enough troops that I can put them down with a few mercenaries backing me up, but it's a pain to do it every time I have a succession happen. Especially when I get a bunch in a row because of various factors conspiring to kill my rulers off young.

alcaras posted:

Dumb question: after I reformed Slavic... I'm seeing "Pagan Homeland" when attacking Romuva territories. Do I no longer count as Pagan or something?

Reformed Pagans don't fall under the "Pagan" umbrella anymore, they become their own religions (I think the religious group is specifically "Reformed Pagan"). It also means that Christian/Muslim preachers can't prosthelytize in your lands anymore.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 25, 2014

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

alcaras posted:

Unreformed pagans get a defensive attrition bonus vs anyone Military Organization tech 3 and below, is the "Pagan Homeland" thing you are seeing in regard to attrition or something else?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

alcaras posted:

Pretty much. You're basically "Super Pagan," treated more or less the same as Christian or Muslim religions.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I had two sons. The eldest died before ascending to the throne, but not before having a son of his own. I was an Emperor with Gavelkind succession. I had four kingdom titles and 9 county titles. When I died, my second son (who control switched over to) took the emperor title, one king title, and one county title outside the kingdom he controlled. The son of my first son took 3 kingdom titles and 8 county titles. Up to the day my king died, the "loss on succession" infobox listed two counties and two kingdoms I would lose control of.

I think Gavelkind needs a revamp, or at least some transparency as to how the titles are selected.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Moktaro posted:

I just found a website streaming medieval/renaissance music, not bad if your rig can handle that while running CK2 (or EU4 for that matter):

http://www.ancientfm.com/

Further to this, this goes very well with CK2, but it goes unbelievably well with Mountain Blade: Warband. Just in case any goons were wondering!

^^^ Yeah Gavelkind really needs a reworking, there's some suggestions in this thread of how to do it. Something needs to happen though - I don't mind it in principle, in fact it could be quite good for sparking all kinds of hilarious trouble, but as it stands I always get out of it ASAP, sometimes with console commands, just because it assigns your inheritances so stupidly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Mister Adequate posted:

Further to this, this goes very well with CK2, but it goes unbelievably well with Mountain Blade: Warband. Just in case any goons were wondering!

^^^ Yeah Gavelkind really needs a reworking, there's some suggestions in this thread of how to do it. Something needs to happen though - I don't mind it in principle, in fact it could be quite good for sparking all kinds of hilarious trouble, but as it stands I always get out of it ASAP, sometimes with console commands, just because it assigns your inheritances so stupidly.

How about assigning titles while you are still alive, and then your heirs fight among themselves after you die/become incapable, based on their perception of fair distribution. Ambitious character will want more, content would be happy with what he got, just would want an equal distribution and lunatic would want a county made of sausages. High intrigue character would have a natural edge in this, because of all backroom dealings with other vassals and heirs. If this tugging match goes on for too long, it could even spark a full blown civil war.

• Locked thread