Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?

Cnaiur posted:

Indeed, I can now login on the forum as well. Hopefully they enable account creation again this weekend..

You guys aren't missing much, they are fixing bugs and stabilizing server last few days since it just started so its down half the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Who are you on this irc, Woodhouse? So I know to troll you harder. Also in game, too.

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

PriNGLeS posted:

Who are you on this irc, Woodhouse? So I know to troll you harder. Also in game, too.

Stevie on IRC and Peel IG, mostly hanging around in the origins channel or with Ikea.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Seems Account Creation has been disabled for a while. Apparently the (goon)rush was bigger than expected.

So Midgard it is, gonna play either Healer or Shaman, I usually played casters or healers, but I never liked the Midgard Casters much.

Evernoob fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 24, 2014

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
how the hell are you guys getting on this poorly managed server? it's either full or down and I've lost every character I've made so far.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Today was bad but late US TZ has been pretty stable. They just got their new server equipment as well so that should help a lot once they get it running.

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

Looks like Uthgard is closing up shop to work on completing their work without any distractions and relaunching later on. :(

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

kainashi posted:

Looks like Uthgard is closing up shop to work on completing their work without any distractions and relaunching later on. :(

Only took their server completely tanking to finally come to terms with what was wrong with their server after completely ignoring that fact and continuously implementing changes to the opposite for years.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Origins main page mentions a brand new server. Server only as in machine to run the thing, or will there be a 2nd parallel server like Ywain and Mordred (but not mordred rules ofc.)

I hope and believe it will only be a single shard.

Cnaiur
Jan 14, 2013
"we have to do a LOT of work before we can get our two servers working together"

To me this sounds like they want to cluster both servers, or use the new beefy one as main server and maybe the older one as a front end for other services? Don't know if they currently host their forum and frontpage on the same server as the game, but separating those would be a good thing now they have the hardware to do so.

Hopefully they'll re-open account creation before the second server goes live ;)

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Evernoob posted:

Origins main page mentions a brand new server. Server only as in machine to run the thing, or will there be a 2nd parallel server like Ywain and Mordred (but not mordred rules ofc.)

I hope and believe it will only be a single shard.

no

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Do we have some sort of guildroster or such? I'm not sure what i'm going to play but it will probably a dorf healer, since that is one class I never got to play last decade.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Evernoob posted:

Do we have some sort of guildroster or such? I'm not sure what i'm going to play but it will probably a dorf healer, since that is one class I never got to play last decade.

At 50 in Mid we have:
Wrex (Me) - 50 Warrior
Tanreall - 50 Savage
Sersly - 50 Savage
A couple of other goons that were doing a healer/warrior duo. Not sure what level they're up to.
Hit any of us up and we'd be happy to get you in to the guild we're in. (and should be staying in, this time) Buris Kinder.

Healers/shamans/runies are definitely the least played in the entire realm, as you'd expect.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I used to have a "gimmick" augmentation troll shaman swinging a big hammer in the assist train. In Midgard. Yes on paper kobolds are a better choice, but they were definately the very first target the Choo choo assist train went for, to kill the End Regen buff (and other buffs) on the whole team.
Troll swinging a big hammer was definately far down the list of prime targets. I would only switch to healing mode when one of our healers was getting pummeled too much.

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013

PriNGLeS posted:

Healers/shamans/runies are definitely the least played in the entire realm, as you'd expect.

I play a runie but hes level 10 and I also have a healer he just hit 5!

Tell the servers to stabilize and I should be able ot level a bit more here in the next two weeks.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Minclark posted:

I play a runie but hes level 10 and I also have a healer he just hit 5!

Tell the servers to stabilize and I should be able ot level a bit more here in the next two weeks.

Server's repeatedly making GBS threads all over itself, they broke something fierce, and per the usual haven't issued a statement. They just kind of let it roll. Main zones immediately lock up after server reboots. Atleast for Mid.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm making a healer too but it's confusing as gently caress to level. Should I stick to the SI zone or main zone?

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

im gay posted:

I'm making a healer too but it's confusing as gently caress to level. Should I stick to the SI zone or main zone?

Just stick to main zone until you get OF groups.

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Pretty much just stick to wherever you can get a full group and kill things.

Frontiers is going to be the best exp, but the mobs are like 15-20? to start.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Thanks. What should be specializing in as a Healer if I'm just solo grouping without a partner?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

im gay posted:

Thanks. What should be specializing in as a Healer if I'm just solo grouping without a partner?

Augmentation if you're just PVE group grinding.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Are the Uthgard staff a bunch of whiny faggots, or what? Oh gee another server came out that's more popular! We better close shop.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Any suggestion on starting class for this game as Mid? I haven't played before, and I usually like tanky melee. Is this possible?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Kazvall posted:

Are the Uthgard staff a bunch of whiny faggots, or what? Oh gee another server came out that's more popular! We better close shop.

Yes, they are.

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Well, hopefully this code rollback will allow the server to be stable until they get the second server up and running. Last few days have been rough :(

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
calling all forest friends for a game of touch tail
Server stability is hot garbage. Like 4 days ago was great, dunno what changed!

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

ggschmitty posted:

Server stability is hot garbage. Like 4 days ago was great, dunno what changed!

They fixed something.

Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

PriNGLeS posted:

What server/channel for IRC? Also someone should really post a new thread for origins. I found out about the server elsewhere and the OP didn't even mention it.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Tomed2000 posted:

What server/channel for IRC? Also someone should really post a new thread for origins. I found out about the server elsewhere and the OP didn't even mention it.

Read threads, not OPs. quakenet #origins.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

It takes me probably 10 attempts to get onto the server then I seem to get disconnected after about 15 minutes. I guess everyone else is having the same problem or is it my end?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

TouchToneDialing posted:

It takes me probably 10 attempts to get onto the server then I seem to get disconnected after about 15 minutes. I guess everyone else is having the same problem or is it my end?

It's the server. It's severely hosed at the moment. Constant reboots, zones freezing, etc. It's being worked on.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

PriNGLeS posted:

It's the server. It's severely hosed at the moment. Constant reboots, zones freezing, etc. It's being worked on.

Ok cool. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt my end. Im in as Polemarch. Going to try a skald.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

TouchToneDialing posted:

Ok cool. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt my end. Im in as Polemarch. Going to try a skald.

Send a tell to one of the Mid folks I listed a few posts up. We'll get you in the guild.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

So I just started, I haven't played before so I can see how dated this game is, but I do want to like it so does anyone have any tips to make this nicer? I had the resolution up and all the menus were super small and unreadable, so I turned the resolution down. Can you not resize the map? Or make it fullscreen? Also is there any way to enable strafing while holding the right mouse button?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So I just started, I haven't played before so I can see how dated this game is, but I do want to like it so does anyone have any tips to make this nicer? I had the resolution up and all the menus were super small and unreadable, so I turned the resolution down. Can you not resize the map? Or make it fullscreen? Also is there any way to enable strafing while holding the right mouse button?

Maps aren't really super important in this game. They're mostly dumb maps without much interaction. Just learn to use your strafe keys. You miss melee hits if you're strafing. It's part of the combat system.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Account Registration seems to be back up.

Created an account, created a Healer on Midgard, but when pressing "play" the screen went black and back to character select. So I guess the server is down (or something like that).

Evernoob fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jan 26, 2014

Cnaiur
Jan 14, 2013
Just came by to complain about the same thing. So I guess it's business as usual. Ah well.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Evernoob posted:

Account Registration seems to be back up.

Created an account, created a Healer on Midgard, but when pressing "play" the screen went black and back to character select. So I guess the server is down (or something like that).

If you tried to make a Frostalf that would also do it, No Atlantis expansion races up in here.

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
Made a shaman last night and managed to get him to 13. The server seems to freeze for about 10 seconds whenever a keep changes hands, but other than that it was pretty smooth last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

How early can you do PVP? Right from the start? Or would it be basically impossible considering how low level you might be

• Locked thread