Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jazerus posted:

So tonight I was the captain, Jonathan Livingstone, during an ice spider round. The ice spider queen inexplicably (telescience, presumably) ended up in the monkey pen, where the AI bolted it in. However...

I managed to reset the AI, losing a leg in the process, and after fixing myself up, starting a meth addiction to move at a decent pace, and finding myself haunted by Unknown, a random dude who stole a cloak, I put together a flamethrower and went off to secure Medbay. I opened the door to Robotics, and...

However, after a few seconds of that, I managed to get to my feet and bring the flamethrower to bear.

At this point, I'm in the operating room when in walks...a monkey with a backpack, Rahad Hashem.

Alas, in the end, I merely ended up assisting in the natural lifecycle of the ice spider.

I was the AI for that. We'd been subverted for a long time by then. It was borgs, not telescience who brought the ice spiders to the station to incubate and grow in the monkey pen before unleashing them to the station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

dogstile posted:

Well holy poo poo. I decided to make pipe bombs for an expedition and found someone hand already made some form of bomb. I decided to test it in the test chamber.

The resulting blast blew the limbs off a guy in the next room. Just, holy gently caress.

Glad you enjoyed them. I'd actually left them for some new chump who didn't know how to make them and had left after I'd taught him how.

It would have been even more impressive if you hadn't set it off on a reinforced floor.

edit: I'd left them in toxins, so don't think I'd dropped them off in the bar for some jerk to grife with

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
Seems like critters are fixed, at least the biodome zombies anyway. Not sure if it's just me but they seem a bit more faster than usual, pretty strong too if it put me to the ground in one hit.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

WarpedNaba posted:

Glad you enjoyed them. I'd actually left them for some new chump who didn't know how to make them and had left after I'd taught him how.

It would have been even more impressive if you hadn't set it off on a reinforced floor.

edit: I'd left them in toxins, so don't think I'd dropped them off in the bar for some jerk to grife with

I was that Chump, Big McLargeHuge. When I said I wanted to make bombs I quite literally meant pipebombs, not well, not them. That was no pipe bomb you hooked me up with.

(I only left to throw my PDA and to grab a fuel tank for the flamethrower I made, expedition's call for some brand of firepower)

I was left staring at the screen in both horror and amazement, so thank you. That was wonderful.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
I remember seeing the end results of that bombing. Of course, I was doing some of my own as the traitor RD that round. I had managed to find the Spiked Football and was playing SPORTS with one Weedlord Gokuhitler in the void. Namely, Exploding SPORTSball. You need a football covered in razors, and poo poo ton of microbomb implants, spread between the players.

His microbomb implant went off just as a detective joined us in the void, setting off the six or so in me. :allears:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Shadowbag posted:

I remember seeing the end results of that bombing. Of course, I was doing some of my own as the traitor RD that round. I had managed to find the Spiked Football and was playing SPORTS with one Weedlord Gokuhitler in the void. Namely, Exploding SPORTSball. You need a football covered in razors, and poo poo ton of microbomb implants, spread between the players.

His microbomb implant went off just as a detective joined us in the void, setting off the six or so in me. :allears:

Heh, I timed that succumb perfectly.

Also, it's Weedlorde Gokuboner. I got in trouble for being a Hitler on the job :colbert:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Goku von Weedhitler was pretty cool during the skeleton round. We had fun in the thunderdome.

bacalou
Mar 21, 2013

That was an awful round. Genetics was under fire or filled with trolling sperglords constantly for 30 minutes before my geneticist partner went nuts and tried to kill me. I somehow got shoved into a scanner and was unconscious the for 40 minutes, unable to succumb. The worst part is, I don't think anybody was a traitor.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
The one thing about admin fuckery rounds is that half of everyone takes it as a free license for murder while the other half play it the same as a normal round, but with a silly gimmick.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Looks like someone spilled the secret of Flaming Tomatos to FacePunch or somewhere because BOY HOWDY it sure is fun having those every round.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Trip report : Changeling Medical Director.

Ran off pretty early and took the freebies out in mining before coming back and managing to sting the captain. He's yelling about cloaked sleepy pen over the radio as I'm far away chilling with my geneticists. I wait a decent amount of time and head back, where I see the Captain and HoP, Mr. White, in the pharmacy. I get close, ask what happened, mention about what he said on the radio, distracting White from shoving anti-tox after anti-tox pill down the Captain's throat.

He goes, 'I'm fainting'. Then starts stuttering. Last words? 'YOU'

Faints, I drag him down into pathology and do my thing, as the Captain is saying thanks to the hero HoP who managed to save him. I respond with mimic, decide to take White's identity since he had all access. I wander around a bit, eat some folk, then find the HoS afk in his office. I assume his identity for the rest of the round, and subvert the AI with an only-human law. I had stung the dude trying to break into the upload the AI was calling out on the radio about, ate him out in space. Just went around, stinging, and I got to sternly warning the crew about the security alert about changelings on the station. A few said thanks, but all got face-spat and dragged off while being chastised for not listening.

Did I mention the only two pairs of thermals are in my possession at this point? Good. Capt's still kicking around, messing about with AI shells and husk brains and poo poo, but has too many people around him. I managed to eat a mutation-cloaked geneticist in the morgue, of course after warning him about changelings, with the captain and detective in the next room, totally unknowing. Stripping him, what's this. CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING BELT. I quickly make a plan, call the shuttle, and eat various other isolated people, mostly on the north half of the station. I hear on the radio the doors are shocked, I get the AI to cut it out.

Time comes, I get to the shuttle area about two minutes before it would hit, and find a item-cloaked assistant beating the poo poo out of some guy, yelling for my help. I murder him with the egun, take his cloak, pop on the wrestling belt. It's loving go time. That fatass crying for help got meth-wrestled, before being chucked out the airlock because he was too blubbery for me to get my hands around his neck. Wrestle another guy badly. Eating meth the whole time as I kick a miner from one airlock to the other just inside the shuttle, and go on my cloaked wrasslin rampage.

Fueled by a bottle of meth ate right before it went down, I gently caress spacemans up before popping abomination with about half the shuttle time left. You can't kick or strike, but you still keep the moves even though the belt falls off. So I would punch them, slam, climb my monstrous form on a chair and drop on them before devouring whole. Unfortunately there were but a few left alive during this time. I ended with 21 absorbed at round end and 23 by the time it restarted. Hands down best ling round, even better than the one where I Houdini'd out of a surefire death.

I just wish I had held the cloak in my hand when I unveiled myself.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Does wrestling belt punches (the regular punch, not strike) stack with changeling strength?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I was the fat guy you threw out of the airlock. I signed on late as a doctor and was sleepy penned by another traitor on my way to medbay to dig shrapnel out of some guy's chest, given eye-beams by the slowest geneticist ever, then I randomly mutated a loving lot outside of escape, to the point where I had no idea what was going on.

Deadchat was pissed that the HoS was picked as a changeling and got a belt somehow, though. :allears:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Phuzzy posted:

Looks like someone spilled the secret of Flaming Tomatos to FacePunch or somewhere because BOY HOWDY it sure is fun having those every round.

They're the most obvious thing they could possibly be given their behavior. This thing is also obtained in bulk from a publicly-known and visibly similar plant.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Has Jung Mi Young being playing his "extremely racist caricature" gimmick long? Because man that hackneyed fake accent poo poo is embarrassing to read :(

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
Christ emagged firebots are robust as hell, combine that with emagged medibots and there's your slow roving incapacitation army.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
What do firebots actually do when emagged? I don't know that I've ever seen it do it's thing.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Charge into you and stun you hella long.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Angry Diplomat posted:

Has Jung Mi Young being playing his "extremely racist caricature" gimmick long? Because man that hackneyed fake accent poo poo is embarrassing to read :(

Just lightly savage him a little.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Admiral Funk posted:

What do firebots actually do when emagged? I don't know that I've ever seen it do it's thing.

It's kind of like getting shot with a firehose instead of a fire extinguisher.

For a good time put them at the far end of a long hallway and have emagged medibots at the other end so that when people go flying into the wall they get drugged to hell.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

PopeCrunch posted:

Just lightly savage him a little.

I was out having Mining Adventures so I couldn't really, but I think from now on when I see him doing that poo poo I'm just gonna confiscate his limbs. Like, all of them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Angry Diplomat posted:

I was out having Mining Adventures so I couldn't really, but I think from now on when I see him doing that poo poo I'm just gonna confiscate his limbs. Like, all of them.

Start with a leg or a hand, see if he learns his lesson, then lop off another if he doesn't.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

For what its worth, you don't need to drag someone all the way to medbay for surgery.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Admiral Funk posted:

Let me put it to you this way: Have you ever met Partybot?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why, is there a Port-a-Surgery pod now? Hmmmm.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

As long as they're unconscious, a table will do. Just wring the neck for a bit until they stop struggling.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

scamtank posted:

As long as they're unconscious, a table will do. Just wring the neck for a bit until they stop struggling.

I use an O2 cylinder for "anesthetic", myself (with consent, of course. Always amazes me what people will agree to). Your way's probably a lot safer.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
And if it's truly a consensual surgery, the patient can just spam the *faint emote each time he hears the recovering sound.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Firebots are like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXc5ltzKq3Y

YOU GET TO DRINK FROM THE FIREHOSE

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."

Captain Bravo posted:

Let me put it to you this way: Have you ever met Partybot?

I have never had the pleasure of meeting party bot.

^edit^: Oh. OH.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen PartyBot since the move off of Shroomstation... Did PartyBot get taken out?

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
BYOND update v504 breaks the chat CSS.

The font is set to some nonbolded font for everything, colours and bolding don't apply any more.

v503

v504

less than three fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 26, 2014

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Is it cool to randomly fill peoples working spaces with metal foam if they're being knobs?

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

I'm going to say yes as long as you don't do it every 4 minutes and they are not in the middle of a lethal disaster if they don't get to medbay.

lenin
Sep 11, 2001

dear leader
If you were hit by PartyBot's blasts while in space, the momentum would keep you going across multiple screen transitions, until you hit something and promptly gibbed. Don't know if the regular Firebots have that kind of force but it certainly made the first time I broke into PartyBot's lair memorable.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Eating your own brain should not give you kuru :argh:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
After a few borg rounds, I think I have a favorite thing to play as now. I thought the laws and the limitations of your slotted module would be a pain, but you get used to it very quickly. Even without hands to manipulate objects with, you learn how to get around it, or you just go to the roboticist to change up. The Robotic Talk channel is neat as hell too, adds a whole new perspective to what's happening on the station beyond regular and job-specific radio; a whole layer of chatter you miss just for not being a borg. The battery's barely a nuisance so long as you don't have all your item slots filled all the time, and recharging at the various docks around the station is fast. And the freedom, holy crap, you can go just about anywhere and the most you'll get is "huh, borg going through here, oh well."

The thing I like most though, so far? Your fellow borgs and the AI actually kinda give a drat about you. :shobon:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
There's a machine translator implant that Roboticists can make that let humans use the machine talk channel. Sometimes even if you're not a Roboticist you can bribe them for an implant by trading them yellow gloves though.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
If I'm a roboticist, if someone knocks on my window and asks for a machine translator implant, I'll gladly give it to them, no bribe needed. I always make one for myself, the captain almost always comes in and gets one for himself, so it's a fun little private channel. It also lets me talk to any borg buddies, so I usually get to avoid rampaging emagged borgs, since I was nice enough to give them a reinforced head. :3: And more than once, I've gotten the AI to hint/somewhat reveal their changed laws by convincing them (lying) that I'm just a really advanced borg with a meat-body, so it's totally not telling a human what their new law is.

Now, if more people came in to be borged...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Coolguye posted:

There's a machine translator implant that Roboticists can make that let humans use the machine talk channel. Sometimes even if you're not a Roboticist you can bribe them for an implant by trading them yellow gloves though.

The robotics manufacturer can make it, though you'll need an implanter to do anything with it (also available at the robotics manufacturer). If the roboticist is unwilling to take your bribe, try QM.

• Locked thread