Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
It doesn't as far as I know. The flange comes out straight in the end. Either way the flange is getting warped one way or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
NSX guys have money. A friend of mine developed and fabricated parts for STMPO a few years back.

They had no problem selling ridiculously priced parts.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I have yet to see evidence of any car owner ever having money.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

The shine fell off the GTR today. What the!

Starting to dip into the S30 product line.

Hurry up and wait on the exhaust project, hoping to get it all done Monday.

Can YOU name these engines?

My old Z came back for some tinkering.

Passive aggressive notes left by my coworkers for me to weld on their personal projects.

The last thing I welded today.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
You should just tack weld an iron dick onto your coworkers' projects every time they bother you.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

If you've been paying really close attention you'd know that I have another mystery car floating about. Surprise another S13! I had to drive through the swamps of central Florida to pick it up today out of a friend's garage.

Not pictured were air boats and alligator farms. It's been a while since I've been out this way so I'll have to come back and feed some alligators in a future update.

Some jerk.

And another S13 coupe. It had a LS1 and Siliva front end but it has been parted out. It has a lot of new aftermarket suspension, fuel cell, and some other junk. I am looking to sell it.

I really want to buy a Corvette this year, C5 or newer. Pulling out the stops till it happens. I am keeping the Mustang though because I need something weird and it's actually running good.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Mustangs are weird?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

It's weird for me, and has negative camber in the front, which according to Mustang forums is like black magic.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I think they call that "bent suspension components"?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

some texas redneck posted:

I think they call that "bent suspension components"?

Or bent unibody.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I have cast a spell of camber plates upon my suspension.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

ultimateforce posted:

I have cast a spell of camber plates upon my suspension.

Think they call that bent strut tops.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I guess I'm not cool enough to be your facebook friend
:colbert:

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

You might be! I add people at random. Message me on FB and you'll get special treatment.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Some photos of what the black ceramic coating looks like. Note the blue light from computer speakers on the desk.

The Z has a bolt-in roll bar.

The GTR is slowly getting suspension.

Some F-Body.

Where my life is wasted.

This thing I put over my face.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Bolt in bar in the z looks great! Is it an off the shelf piece or did you make it?

I think it's a shame to hide that billet collector with dark ceramic coat.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

We have someone in the shop that does cages, I'm usually doing something else. All custom though.

ironblock
Aug 23, 2013

Screw practicality, best 1 mile commute ever.
God drat. I need to get a place with a garage so that I can start soliciting your services for cool things.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

That's awesome. Any thoughts on producing those bolt in bars?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I'd need to see some demand for them. Currently no. The rear plates aren't welded in because we are waiting for the rear suspension to arrive.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I may have missed this, but what is the end goal for the GTR?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

VK56DE swap with an 8 second NHRA cage. We'll see how fast it goes.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I have already pointed out I could have gotten my Mustang in the 8s for as much as we paid for the chassis, but apparently no one cares!!!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

maybe it is because an 8 second mustang is boring and wont bring attention to the shop where a GTR might?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

This import poo poo is a fad. Mustang now. Mustang FOREVER.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah why would you want to attract the attention of probably the biggest aftermarket on the planet? (Mustangs)

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Exactly, the biggest market!

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

ultimateforce posted:

This import poo poo is a fad. Mustang now. Mustang FOREVER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc8rjM5dF5o

It's a rolling semiotics lesson.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Combining Umberto Eco and muscle cars, two of my favorite things

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

:allears: Oh, this 30 year old Japanese N/A header for your car is really expensive you say? Of course it can only be made from 321 stainless which is $100 a bend! What's that, you want it for less than $1000? :allears:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
$100 a bend? Just cram it into a pipe bender and spraybomb it with barbeque paint. Don't you know the customer is always right? :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ultimateforce posted:

Exactly, the biggest market!

You'd probably make a killing welding up manifolds for Mustangs.

Are the other guys anti Ford/domestic or something?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I think you mean Dumbestic good sir. :smug:

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

leica posted:

You'd probably make a killing welding up manifolds for Mustangs.

Are the other guys anti Ford/domestic or something?

Because I've had the Mustang parked out in front of the shop for a while we get the occasional Mustang owner. They will NOT pay money for anything. It's already made in China for cheap. It's so easy to make a Fox or SN95 fast there's no big need for good parts.

ironblock
Aug 23, 2013

Screw practicality, best 1 mile commute ever.

ultimateforce posted:

They will NOT pay money for anything.

That's why you gotta target the Datsun Roadster guys. We'll pay money for ANYTHING if it fits on our cars, and there's a lot of really lovely fab work out there. Our header of choice is bullshit, our brake brace is bullshit, our intakes are bullshit...

Anyways someday I'm gonna need an R16 turbo manifold.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I get there'd be no money in fox/SN95, but what about the new 5.0 Coyote Mustangs? They can't be making poo poo for those in China already are they? IDK, sorry about all the questions, I'm just curious about how the market works.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Yep, I've already seen China stuff for the new Mustangs already. Direct copies of American made stuff. They don't waste time any more.

Basically look on Ebay and you'll see it trickling in.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Mustang guys are notoriously cheap and the Fox/SN95 market is flooded with an endless stream of cheap Chinese poo poo, so I definitely get why there would be no market for UF's (justifiably expensive) works of art.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

ultimateforce posted:

Yep, I've already seen China stuff for the new Mustangs already. Direct copies of American made stuff. They don't waste time any more.

Basically look on Ebay and you'll see it trickling in.

I bet if you look at aliexpress, you'll see it before it even trickles in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

meatpimp posted:

I bet if you look at aliexpress, you'll see it before it even trickles in.

Yeah, we get feelers for stuff. Boy if you knew how much I can get Chinese wheels for you'd never buy knock-off wheels again.

:ssh: Chinese wheels are $50 a piece shipped. :ssh:

Actual forged wheels from Rays, Work, SSR, etc.? The markup is basically zero percent.

• Locked thread