Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I got my Karak. :toot:

-Then I got a Gorgon blueprint as my daily reward. :doh: I've actually got to go back and finish levelling my Branton so I can sell it off and make room. :argh:

Kaldaris posted:

Volt's the best deal and the only one I've bought with plat. Apart from that, if you've got the time, things aren't really that expensive to or difficult to make.

Seconding this. I thought it was fun zipping around like a maniac on Excalibur... Until I electrocuted entire squads of dudes with one swipe of my thumb without taking one step. :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Vauban Chassis alert on PC for 48 minutes.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Doji Sekushi posted:

This.

I don't need more stinking dps.

amen.

Given how buggy/poorly meshed the rooms are in Warframe you do NOT want that shiny super rare card dropping through the floor.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Here's an up to date damage calculator for weapons, by default modded for the maximum theoretical DPS.

http://dpsframe.com/

That's sad, per shot the Latron Prime is only just worse than the Vectis but has a way higher fire rate. Burston Prime is the best sniper rifle if you can hit with all three.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jan 26, 2014

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Lothire posted:

After running through the wiki I'm still confused about gathering certain resources, mostly the standard common ones and such. There's some ideal places listed but I'm not far enough long to reach 'em, and I think I need to grind up more experience with my warframe/equipment/mods before proceeding onto the what I'm guessing are higher ranked planet mission. I just ran a couple of the beginner missions again in hopes of some polymer bundles and I've yet to get any via mission success or from enemies/boxes. Am I on the right track here?

It sounds like some mission types are better for getting mods, so I've gotten quite a few doing those. This game is proving a fun time waster over remote play, although the controls are a real struggle.

Each planet only has 4 types of resources they drop. On the map screen, look at the left side for the box that shows the planet name and a brief description. If the stuff you're looking for isn't there, you won't find it on the planet.
Survivals, Mobile Defenses, and Defenses are best for picking up resources, mainly because the game just throws so freaking many enemies at you during them that there's more chances for stuff to drop.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
All resources can drop from crates, lockers, enemies and bosses.

• Alloy Plate - Abundant
    • Farm in voids.
  • Nano Spore - Abundant
    • Farm in voids.
  • Control Module - Abundant
    • Farm in voids.
  • Ferrite - Common but drops in small quantity
    • Farm on Appolodorus, Mercury.
  • Gallium - Common
    • Frequent invasion reward.
  • Polymer Bundle - Common
    • Easy to farm with extractor
  • Rubedo - Common
  • Salvage - Common
  • Circuits - Common but drops in small quantity
  • Neurodes - Uncommon
    • Rare drop on any boss. Farmable from Lephantis in Orokin Derelict Assassination.
  • Morphics - Uncommon
    • Difficult to farm, use extractor on Mars instead.
  • Plastids - Uncommon.
    • Difficult to farm, recommend extractor.
  • Orokin Cell - Rare
    • Rare drop on any boss.
    • Level 30 difficulty: Common drop from Phorid on Exta during Ceres invasion.
    • 1-4 can drop from Lephantis in Orokin Derelict in Orokin Derelict Assassination.
  • Neural Sensors - Rare
    • Only farm is 1-2 a time from Alad V on Jupiter.

Fieldron and Mutagen Mass can both be easily farmed from invasions.
Forma BPs are frequent rewards from all Void missions.
Catalyst and Reactor BPs are given at special events, check after developer livestreams.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 27, 2014

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Carecat posted:

• Alloy Plate - Extremely common from voids.
  • Nano Spore - Extremely common from voids.
  • Control Module - Extremely common.
  • Ferrite - Common, very easy to farm on Appolodorus, Mercury.
  • Gallium - Common, frequent invasion reward.
  • Polymer Bundle - Common, easy to farm with extractor.
  • Rubedo - Common, easy to farm with extractor.
  • Salvage - Common but some very high recipe demands.
  • Circuits - Uncommon but low demand in recipes.
  • Neurodes - Uncommon can be farmed through invasions.
  • Morphics - Uncommon, can be farmed with extractor.
  • Plastids - Uncommon.
  • Orokin Cell - Rare, drops from any boss, farm from Derelict Assassination.
  • Neural Sensors - Rare.

Neural Sensors it should be said, only drop from Jupiter and the mission variety on Jupiter is not great. Farming Alad V or Defense/survival seems to be the best way to get them.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

wid posted:

Volt and Loki are both very good frames (as in, they only pale in comparison to Rhino and Nova) and only 75 plat normally and you get them with warframe slot and potato. The other warframes are not really worth spending plat on considering they're not that hard to get, *EXCEPT* Vauban. Warframes that are low on priority to get: Necros, Valkyr, Ash, Banshee, Ember until DE buffed them a bit.

Buy the Braton (with credits) as soon as possible to replace your lovely MK-1 Braton. If you *must* spend plat, get the Karak. It's a very good rifle that will last you until you can get the Soma. Otherwise keep your plat for warframe and weapon slots and cosmetic stuff like the scarf and colors.

gently caress you Ash is awesome. :colbert:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Pyronic posted:

Neural Sensors it should be said, only drop from Jupiter and the mission variety on Jupiter is not great. Farming Alad V or Defense/survival seems to be the best way to get them.

Can Titan Extractors get them? I've gotten a few Orokin Cells from my extractor on Saturn, but never any Neural Sensors from Jupiter. Also, it's stupid that Cells can be an invasion reward, but Sensors cannot :colbert:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is there any reason to save Ember/Frost/Mag if I have their respective Primes? I'm collecting warframes, but I don't want to buy that many extra slots.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

hooah posted:

Can Titan Extractors get them? I've gotten a few Orokin Cells from my extractor on Saturn, but never any Neural Sensors from Jupiter. Also, it's stupid that Cells can be an invasion reward, but Sensors cannot :colbert:

Extractors can get them, but it's rare. They also absolutely can show up as invasion rewards.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Elysiume posted:

Is there any reason to save Ember/Frost/Mag if I have their respective Primes? I'm collecting warframes, but I don't want to buy that many extra slots.

Affinity. Other than that, nope.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Fuzz posted:

Affinity. Other than that, nope.
Once I max them (or a weapon) I can just trash them without losing affinity, right?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Elysiume posted:

Once I max them (or a weapon) I can just trash them without losing affinity, right?
Correct. Any catalyst/reactor/forma you've dropped into them are lost forever, however.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The codex is the best place to check your affinities. Might as well ditch most bad weapons if their build costs are low or you will drop 400+ plat on weapon slots.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Everyone on PC should go play the invasion in Ceres, specifically the mob def on Cerium. Whole ton of ~30+ Infested. That was a blast (except for the second time when the host was terrible).

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Carecat posted:

• Alloy Plate - Extremely common from voids.
  • Nano Spore - Extremely common from voids.
  • Control Module - Extremely common.
  • Ferrite - Common, very easy to farm on Appolodorus, Mercury.
  • Gallium - Common, frequent invasion reward.
  • Polymer Bundle - Common, easy to farm with extractor.
  • Rubedo - Common, easy to farm with extractor.
  • Salvage - Common but some very high recipe demands.
  • Circuits - Uncommon but low demand in recipes.
  • Neurodes - Uncommon can be farmed through invasions.
  • Morphics - Uncommon, can be farmed with extractor.
  • Plastids - Uncommon.
  • Orokin Cell - Rare, drops from any boss, farm from Derelict Assassination.
  • Neural Sensors - Rare.

I've played a ton of Europa, still no drat control modules. Carrier! :argh:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Jesus an extractor just gave me six morphics. I didn't realise the things could get you rare mats. :psyduck:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It's claimed to be a 33% chance to get morphics from extractor Mars.

I think all of the void gives out control modules. A lot of control modules.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Pierson posted:

Jesus an extractor just gave me six morphics. I didn't realise the things could get you rare mats. :psyduck:

Is the whole "Extractors healing over time" total bullshit? I've had a few sitting fallow and they still have a lovely little health bar.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
The health bar is bugged last I heard and is not accurate.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Carecat posted:

It's claimed to be a 33% chance to get morphics from extractor Mars.

I think all of the void gives out control modules. A lot of control modules.

I have hundreds of control modules from void runs. Literally multiple hundreds.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
I had a mission last night where we didn't encounter a single enemy in the entire level. Just me and another dude running through exploring a ghost ship.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Bunleigh posted:

I had a mission last night where we didn't encounter a single enemy in the entire level. Just me and another dude running through exploring a ghost ship.

On PS4 yesterday that happened on an extermination alert making it unbeatable.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Fuzz posted:

Is the whole "Extractors healing over time" total bullshit? I've had a few sitting fallow and they still have a lovely little health bar.
If you're on PS4, the version you guys are at right now may have the health display bugged. If you retrieve a damaged one and deploy a fresh one in its place, the retrieved one should repair to full within a few hours.

Just build a few spares and make sure to retrieve and replace any damaged ones as the need arises.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Elysiume posted:

8 revives :v:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Rivensteel posted:

I've played a ton of Europa, still no drat control modules. Carrier! :argh:
Do tower missions. I have 400+ control modules and couldn't run out if I tried.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Elysiume posted:

Do tower missions. I have 400+ control modules and couldn't run out if I tried.

I stopped playing for a while back when control modules were rare as poo poo and required you to farm Hyena until your eyes bled. Now I'm just swimming in the loving things, it's such a bizarre (but not unwelcome!) whiplash.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Decided to throw some cash at this game since my daily was -75% off Plat. The only stuff I have is the Excalibur frame, Braton and a Grakata. I've got 1300 spacebucks, what should I buy? Really none of the frames particularly interest me from what I've read.

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007
I don't know if you have the same bundles on PC as PS4, but if you do, there's a female pack that isn't too bad, gives you Trinity, Ember, and Mag. Along with the slots and potatoes to go with them for 400p.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.

Sab669 posted:

Decided to throw some cash at this game since my daily was -75% off Plat. The only stuff I have is the Excalibur frame, Braton and a Grakata. I've got 1300 spacebucks, what should I buy? Really none of the frames particularly interest me from what I've read.

Buy a whole bunch of Orokin catalysts and weapon slots. While the catalysts can be acquired in game, they are usually from ultra rare alert missions.
You can't get weapon slots from in game grinding at all, so it would be a good choice to get a bunch of those.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Officer CockKnuckle posted:

I don't know if you have the same bundles on PC as PS4, but if you do, there's a female pack that isn't too bad, gives you Trinity, Ember, and Mag. Along with the slots and potatoes to go with them for 400p.

That's only 340 platinum more than the sane way.

EDIT: No, wait, forgot the potatoes. 280.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
What's the quickest way to grind up lovely weapons (lato and skana so I can sell the bastards off)? Am I better off just bringing them along and using my primary gun, or would it be better to try and use them but end up doing much less damage?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Drop 100~ total on frame and weapon inventory slots, buy a Carrier for 75, saturated classic pack and 100~ worth of catalysts. Spend the remaining 1000 on catalysts, reactors and slots when needed. There isn't really anything you should spend plat on, maybe a massive 35P on affinity booster if you want to grind affinity a lot on a weekend.

You could trade plat for a maxed out Serration later and save some effort but if they cost more than 75P it's probably not worth it. They might be around for less, I wouldn't know.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 26, 2014

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
The only frames worth actually buying are Volt (cheap and a pain in the rear end to get) and Vauban (pricey and pain in the rear end to get).

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I'd grab a Carrier, a Volt and the Alpha color pack. But the Volt is mostly because it's hard to get otherwise, and the Alpha color back because I like making pretty space ninjas. By which I mean my frames look like ridiculous clowns, and I want just the right shade of red for the clown nose.

Really, the only thing that you really do want to pick up with plat now is the Carrier. There's plenty of items that you might want to buy later on, but you can spend that plat when you need those items.

In PC-land you'd be paying 200-300 platinum for a maxed Serration. Grabbing a Rank 8/10 Serration for about 50 platinum would make you significantly more powerful when starting out, though. If you're in PC-land, I'd recommend asking a goon for help on getting one if you want one.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is the Drakgoon worth putting a potato in? I've only just started it, so I don't have a good feel for it yet, although I've liked the other shotguns I've tried.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
PS4 invasion starting up on Europa

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

hooah posted:

Is the Drakgoon worth putting a potato in?

Haha, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It is (not) done. Ember Prime BPs refuse to drop, except chassis.