Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Carecat posted:

It is (not) done. Ember Prime BPs refuse to drop, except chassis.

This is the first I've heard of Excalibur prime.

quote:

This Warframe is no longer available, and will not be available again due to it being exclusive to certain Founder packs. The Excalibur Prime Warframe was only obtainable by upgrading a Warframe account to Founders status of Hunter or greater, which is no longer available.
:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
Can I get an invite on PS4 please? My tag is TeflonJuan, I even have a mic that isn't the built in one!

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
Just started playing this on PC. So glad I actually did some research beforehand. This game has to have one of the worst starting experiences ever. I got enough credits to buy the Braton, and now I don't feel completely worthless. I have been fusing my meager Mods, so I have a decent Vitality and some crit for my rifle. If I had just jumped right in I would have probably sold the Mods or something. Anyway, name is ProtonDecay if I could get an invite or whatever.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Elysiume posted:

This is the first I've heard of Excalibur prime.
:argh:

Exclusive primes was a bad idea with primes now intended to be the best version at least for the weapons. And it spoils the ability to complete a prime collection but Exaclibur, lato and skana are all very dull so we don't miss out of much.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Carecat posted:

Exclusive primes was a bad idea with primes now intended to be the best version at least for the weapons. And it spoils the ability to complete a prime collection but Exaclibur, lato and skana are all very dull so we don't miss out of much.
At least for prime frames they aren't anything you can't obtain via forma. Still annoying for the completionist aspect.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Elysiume posted:

At least for prime frames they aren't anything you can't obtain via forma. Still annoying for the completionist aspect.

Excalibur Prime's shields recharge slightly (~10%) faster.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Male Man posted:

I guess if you're trying to optimize your power to the point where you'd notice that you're probably not playing Excalibur anyway.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Other frames are for casuals.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Male Man posted:

You forget the second benefit of excalprime in that it looks totally awesome. But yeah kind of lacking like normal excal. God help us if they make Rhino Prime.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Good lord, the rank 8 test is impossible on PS4. You need 3 hands to aim and run at the same time. I couldn't even get to the first vertical ramp because I kept falling after trying to shoot.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Sab669 posted:

Decided to throw some cash at this game since my daily was -75% off Plat. The only stuff I have is the Excalibur frame, Braton and a Grakata. I've got 1300 spacebucks, what should I buy? Really none of the frames particularly interest me from what I've read.

Pubbies sell some rare cards for really cheap. An Energy Siphon cost me 40 cents and a Stormbringer cost me 8 cents worth of platinum when there were no PC goons that could spare me one. Really good stuff for literal pennies.

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009

Carecat posted:

It is (not) done. Ember Prime BPs refuse to drop, except chassis.

:smug:

(Oh god, what am I doing with my life)

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Other frames are for casuals.

I pity those who cannot run and jump and zoom as Excalibur Prime + Pendragon helm + Immortal skin + Phased Syndana.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Phased?

You need an Exalibur Prime wearing a Misa Syadana Prime :20bux: :20bux: :20bux:

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

I would not be seen wearing the whale tail.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

seiferguy posted:

Good lord, the rank 8 test is impossible on PS4. You need 3 hands to aim and run at the same time. I couldn't even get to the first vertical ramp because I kept falling after trying to shoot.

Ignis makes it tons easier. Also make sure to have it set so you don't need to hold x to wallrun.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

MrBadidea posted:

:smug:

(Oh god, what am I doing with my life)

Why would you keep the non-Prime versions of frames you have the Prime versions of.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Fuzz posted:

Why would you keep the non-Prime versions of frames you have the Prime versions of.
They show up in the codex whether or not you sell them. Same thing with weapons.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Elysiume posted:

They show up in the codex whether or not you sell them. Same thing with weapons.

Oh ha, didn't see the Codex bit. Thought it was his inventory!

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009
...I still have the none-prime versions anyway. Because why not?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

MrBadidea posted:

...I still have the none-prime versions anyway. Because why not?
80 plat that could be spent on potatoes.

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009
All the frames are potatoed. All of them. Although, I still have a huge stack of golden potatoe BPs from alert rewards anyway. I think I bought maybe 2 golden potatoes in total.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Any PS4 people want to help me with the Cicero Crisis to get 100? I've got enough for a Lapis Antitoxin now.

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002
Has anyone else ever had this problem?

I have three planets (Saturn, Pluto, Sedna) that all say I am short 1 mission from completing them, but I have no blues sites. As far as I can tell I have done all of the missions and should be 239/239.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Arclyte posted:

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

I have three planets (Saturn, Pluto, Sedna) that all say I am short 1 mission from completing them, but I have no blues sites. As far as I can tell I have done all of the missions and should be 239/239.

Have you tried running the boss stage and seeing what happens? I've noticed in my game that the assassination mission icon usually doesn't glow blue when it's opened up but incomplete.

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002
I'll try those next, I just was hoping it was a known issue or something so I didn't need to run 30+ missions over again to find the phantom 3. If it's not the bosses I'll just email support and see if they can straighten my account.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
If there's one good thing about invasions it's that they can make it a hell of a lot easier to clear non-boss, non-defence missions.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Yeah it's nice having well-populated missions everywhere, just a shame the PS4 can't really handle all the poo poo going on in these infestation mobile defense maps.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

quote:

Resource info

Thanks everyone. I won't lie, some of that is over my head (voids? potatos? a cooking min-game in my space ninja simulator no doubt) but I'll be referencing the wiki a lot and figuring that out later. I need to rack up some credits now, which sounds like just running faster missions is a good option. However, wiki suggests going solo for resources so you can collect a bunch, but what about for credits? I enjoy getting random people in the mission since I'm not very good at the game really and can die a lot. Specially when trying to level up my side arms. I'm not certain if going in with people is adding or reducing my missions credits, or maybe it has no effect at all?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Lothire posted:

Thanks everyone. I won't lie, some of that is over my head (voids? potatos? a cooking min-game in my space ninja simulator no doubt) but I'll be referencing the wiki a lot and figuring that out later. I need to rack up some credits now, which sounds like just running faster missions is a good option. However, wiki suggests going solo for resources so you can collect a bunch, but what about for credits? I enjoy getting random people in the mission since I'm not very good at the game really and can die a lot. Specially when trying to level up my side arms. I'm not certain if going in with people is adding or reducing my missions credits, or maybe it has no effect at all?

Going solo doesn't give you any benefit. Everyone gets to pick up their own copy of a resource, just like mods and ammo. Credit drops are immediately copied to everyone (one person picks it up for everyone) and additionally you get more credits in your mission reward if you have more people playing. I think it's something like a 30% bonus with a full squad.

Some people used to go solo for resource runs because a veteran player can easily solo most missions far faster than the slowest member of an average 4-man squad. With survivals, defenses, and mobile defenses as the current state-of-the-art for resource collection, going fast is no longer relevant for resource grinds, and even a bad player will at least absorb some gunfire for you.

Oh, and other players also provide XP to when they kill things. Their kills give XP evenly split between your frame and your three equipped weapons (primary, sidearm, melee), so you can let your sidearms get a few levels in their holsters so they're a little more potent when you start using them. Generally when I'm on a kick of leveling up a bunch of different weapons I won't touch a gun until it's around level 10 and I can shove a Serration/Hornet Strike into it. Even just getting up to 8 or 9 and being able to slot a reasonably developed elemental mod gets a lot of benefit.

"Potato" refers to Orokin catalysts and reactors collectively. I guess people think they look like potatoes? :shrug:

Male Man fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 27, 2014

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

So a previous post mentions that Neurodes can be farmed through invasions. As a returning player I don't know what that means? So I can do *any* invasion and potentially get neurode drops? I need a bunch of neurodes and spent my entire night looking for them at various locations and only managed to get 1. I still had a blast running around using Ash, which now has the best looking ultimate even if it is sub-optimal. He loving owns.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ice Fist posted:

So a previous post mentions that Neurodes can be farmed through invasions. As a returning player I don't know what that means? So I can do *any* invasion and potentially get neurode drops? I need a bunch of neurodes and spent my entire night looking for them at various locations and only managed to get 1. I still had a blast running around using Ash, which now has the best looking ultimate even if it is sub-optimal. He loving owns.

Every Invasion mission has a reward and Neurodes come up pretty frequently. There are a couple of Infected missions on Ceres right now that have Neurode rewards, for instance.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
Whoo! Hit Rank 12!

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002

Davin Valkri posted:

Have you tried running the boss stage and seeing what happens? I've noticed in my game that the assassination mission icon usually doesn't glow blue when it's opened up but incomplete.

And that is exactly what the problem was on all three planets. Thanks for the tip!

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Improbable Lobster posted:

Every Invasion mission has a reward and Neurodes come up pretty frequently. There are a couple of Infected missions on Ceres right now that have Neurode rewards, for instance.

I don't get why they decided to give out Fieldron and Mutagen Mass as rewards for Infestation and Invasion, instead of say, Neurodes and Neural Sensor for Infestation and potatoes and orokin cells for Invasion. I'm not really complaining because farming for mutagen samples is a pain in the rear end but by having them so easily available like this it undermines having a dojo with research and farming derelicts for mutagen samples. Also, Grineer should've been giving out Detonite Injectors since that's their tech, like Corpus with Fieldron. I'm swimming in Fieldrons and Mutagen Masses I'm making all the dojo weapons just because.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Alert up on Phobos on PS4 for a Rifle Amp aura.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Fuzz posted:

If you own both at the same you can wear the non-primes head on your prime frame.
So if you want to be Frost Prime but with Frost's normal head you can.
But you need to own both versions at the same time so if you sell your old frames you lose them.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Just played Volt for the first time since coming back. There's only one appropriate response to his new Q:

:stare:

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Ice Fist posted:

Just played Volt for the first time since coming back. There's only one appropriate response to his new Q:

:stare:

Voltframe is bestframe.

I have no regrets spending five real cash dollars on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Kaldaris posted:

Volt's the best deal and the only one I've bought with plat. Apart from that, if you've got the time, things aren't really that expensive to or difficult to make.

Orokin Catalysts, Orokin Reactors, and Formas are usually the best things to get for plat. I reccomend a Karak if you really must spend your plat on something.

wid posted:

Buy the Braton (with credits) as soon as possible to replace your lovely MK-1 Braton. If you *must* spend plat, get the Karak. It's a very good rifle that will last you until you can get the Soma. Otherwise keep your plat for warframe and weapon slots and cosmetic stuff like the scarf and colors.

Appreciate the help and would up getting the Karak, and it feels worlds better than the previous gun that is for sure.

Now I need to ask, I see a lot of suit prime/weapon prime, and I looked at the wiki and for weapons they seem to have higher damage and the suits have more special slots. Are the Prime suits/weapons strictly better than their normal predecessor?