Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL
By the way, the best part of the new update:

lobby_voice_chat_enabled "0"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

BrandNew posted:

This is so strange I was playing on the goonman server fine for the first half of a match then suddenly my ping jumps to 90 and I get constant loss. No one else has any issues and I only have problems with the goon server and another gameME server I play on. Every other server is totally fine.

I heard the other day while on the server that it is routing issues. I usually ping 30 to the server but every couple days I ping 120-150 for no reason.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5JHXI73EuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xa5c5cl83s

Fun fact, these were 2 subsequent rounds. I guess my anger from the first fuelled the second.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

45 sec timers are The Worst™

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

hello internet posted:

I heard the other day while on the server that it is routing issues. I usually ping 30 to the server but every couple days I ping 120-150 for no reason.

Yeah, that's what I figured. It's already back to normal today.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

hello internet posted:

Yeah, same thing happens to me every once in a while. I've noticed it since we switched to this server provider. Though I've never had any loss or anything, just the ping issue.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
CS:GO Map Data http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/map-data-01/
As we continue to develop Cobblestone and Overpass, we can use round outcome data to help drive design decisions. How do these new maps compare to other official maps?
To answer that question, let’s look at data from the top four skill groups in competitive matchmaking over the period from 12/20/2013 to 1/20/2014.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
To those of you who had to deal with me on your team after having not played CS in like, 8 years, I am sorry :shobon: It was fun!

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
What are the easiest/lowest responsibility spots to play on each map?

I've started playing competitive a bit on Dust 2 (the only one I know well enough to call the spots) and it's been fun but I want more. I'd also like to ruin as few games for other people as possible.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Stumbletron posted:

What are the easiest/lowest responsibility spots to play on each map?

I've started playing competitive a bit on Dust 2 (the only one I know well enough to call the spots) and it's been fun but I want more. I'd also like to ruin as few games for other people as possible.

The spots which usually have 2+ people watching them.

Nuke - Ramp
Inferno - Banana
Dust2 - Long
Mirage - A Palace or Ramp
Cache - B

Not that these are the "easiest" spots, but always having someone nearby to help is the best situation for inexperienced players.

e: Basically just avoid any middle area, and don't try to play bombsites alone. "Mid" on Dust2/Mirage/Cache/Inferno are often sniper battles, same as yard/outside on Nuke. If the CT there gets taken out with no backup, the terrorists have free reign.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 25, 2014

Cable
Dec 20, 2005

it'll come like a wind.
I'm a casual player in Europe and cannot find any community server that's not dust2/inferno/italy... Do you guys know any/any way to search servers?

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm down for match making games and demolition and deathmatch if anyone wants to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961634234/

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
I'd really appreciate it if this game didn't matchmake me to servers where my ping is 230 especially when I have max ping set to 150.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If you guys want more detailed stats than what's in game try : http://csgo-stats.com/

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Cable posted:

I'm a casual player in Europe and cannot find any community server that's not dust2/inferno/italy... Do you guys know any/any way to search servers?

There's a filter button at the bottom of the server browser. You can type de_ for only defuse maps.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM1clPF8ho0

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Can this go in the OP, please? Thanks.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I discovered that I suffer from a terrible syndrome - Bad Weapon Addiction. I think the MAG-7 is incredibly cool in every way and I always buy it (with a Deagle for backup) as long as the map has at least one fairly tight path. I also for some unquantifiable reason enjoy the SSG08 more than the big brother AWP. Maybe because 20ish years of gaming have made it second nature to go for the head when I'm using a sniper rifle.

I've still never bought the Zeus a single time, though. I have some dignity.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jan 26, 2014

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Awesome Welles posted:

Can this go in the OP, please? Thanks.

that's not even his only one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxoQmwf87LU

Mobzy
Mar 22, 2010

NihilCredo posted:

I discovered that I suffer from a terrible syndrome - Bad Weapon Addiction. I think the MAG-7 is incredibly cool in every way and I always buy it (with a Deagle for backup) as long as the map has at least one fairly tight path. I also for some unquantifiable reason enjoy the SSG08 more than the big brother AWP. Maybe because 20ish years of gaming have made it second nature to go for the head when I'm using a sniper rifle.

I've still never bought the Zeus a single time, though. I have some dignity.

I like using the Tec-9. A lot.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Can I get a copy of the beat please

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Slime's dad, everyone. :golfclap:

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Mobzy posted:

I like using the Tec-9. A lot.

Don't.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Goddamnit, my first game in Competetive and the server boots me every round with a "pure pak error". Validating the files now, but what the gently caress.

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

I've got a video of a 5 kill round using only a scout. It's super pubstar play though, so I won't be posting it here.

I guess what I'm saying is that you can use the non-viable guns as long as you're either smurfing or low rank.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Smug Mug posted:

I've got a video of a 5 kill round using only a scout. It's super pubstar play though, so I won't be posting it here.

I guess what I'm saying is that you can use the non-viable guns as long as you're either smurfing or low rank.

The scout still gets occasionally picked up in high-level play as a poverty buy but only by players with extremely good aim. The babby rifles are of course poverty buy mainstays, and for certain roles on certain maps shotguns are also valid poverty buys. There's plenty of weapons that get used in this game, it's just that at high level play they're not worth it if you can afford an M4 or AK.

Tale
Jul 31, 2013

I use the nova all the time in Valve MM play on non-save rounds not only because of the money boost but also because it's a great way to embarrass players. I'm really not a great player but for some reason I've really learned how to corner people into eating buckshot.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
I always seem to do better with the nova than I do with either of the more expensive shotguns. It's a surprisingly great weapon for $1200 if you can find the right place to use it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Smug Mug posted:

I guess what I'm saying is that you can use the scout as long as you're Prostidude.

Fixed.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Apparently my headphones are broken? I could still hear gunshots, but not defusing or people talking. Like the tweeter broke but not the bass? And it must have been intermittent too...

I don't feel so bad about that Cache round, though. Not my fault! :( Need to buy new headphones I guess.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Zaphod42 posted:

Apparently my headphones are broken? I could still hear gunshots, but not defusing or people talking. Like the tweeter broke but not the bass? And it must have been intermittent too...

I don't feel so bad about that Cache round, though. Not my fault! :( Need to buy new headphones I guess.

Do a test outside the game? Are you missing all highs or is it CS-specific?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

Don't feel bad! Antics like what happened to you on cache add to the charm of playing in a goonman. I was in GOTV during that match I think, and there were a few other spectators. All the reactions to you just running right past the CT as he defused was hilarious.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

To be fair, I should've run up and killed him since there were two of us and one of him.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Make sure you aren't using 5.1 sound in the game options, it's bugged.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I just had this last night myself, where I could not hear the bomb being defused, even though it happened right behind me.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I swapped to my speakers and I could hear everything, so I think its the headphones. I'll need to get some new ones so I can use my mic again though.

I'll try turning off 5.1 just in case, but I think I was set to stereo, thanks. If that doesn't work I'll run by Fry's and pick up some new ones. I have the worst luck with headphones.

Yeah, at least I'll make the goonman highlight reel again. :cheeky:

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, part of the problem was that even if you didn't hear the defuse sound, it should have been obvious that he was going to go for the defuse. Also, you actually saw the CT defusing when you started to move out of the site to avoid the bomb blast.

Basically, when there is one CT left and he throws a smoke directly onto the bomb, you know he is going to go for the defuse, and you should be watching for him to come into the site.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xh7sw6thU4

astr0man fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 27, 2014

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Speaking of highlights, Fat Lou you're gonna want this one from the 2nd aborted Dust2 game last night

Keep an eye on elevator at the end of the round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Lol, HotFries showed me this lasty night, too funny

• Locked thread