Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008
I AM LITERALLY INCAPABLE OF COMPREHENDING ALTRUISM
baldrash my revenge will be brutal. You around today? I'm here till like 4:30 then I'll be back at like 9:30 or 10 est.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Oberst posted:

:siren: Week 7, 2013 :siren:
StevieLeeDFD @ McShurto

I'll be free in like an hour for the rest of the day.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Stevie Lee posted:

I'll be free in like an hour for the rest of the day.

I watched a pro bowl and now i am dead. Lets go

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Ah...I see the Holy Ghost has descended directly into Geno Smith's corporeal form

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dubs, I'm a busy man today. Unless you'll be around late, I think we'd best shoot for tomorrow.

Tomorrow. You.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

Dubs, I'm a busy man today. Unless you'll be around late, I think we'd best shoot for tomorrow.

Tomorrow. You.

I can't go tomorrow, back to work. Probably Tuesday I guess.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dubious posted:

I can't go tomorrow, back to work. Probably Tuesday I guess.

Tuesday works. I'll be available starting at 7 PM PST.

West Coast Best Coast :hfive:

Thomas Platinum
Aug 25, 2013
Broncos I want you

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Oberst posted:

I watched a pro bowl and now i am dead. Lets go

I literally fell asleep watching the pro bowl. I'm up now though.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Oldskool, we gonna try to make this happen? I haven't heard anything from you in this thread.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Alucard posted:

Oldskool, we gonna try to make this happen? I haven't heard anything from you in this thread.

Anything after 6pm Eastern this week should work for me, how about you?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

oldskool posted:

Anything after 6pm Eastern this week should work for me, how about you?

does 9PM EST tonight work for you?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Alucard posted:

does 9PM EST tonight work for you?

Sounds good.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Thomas Platinum posted:

Broncos I want you

Here is my cool story.

Step 1: Took PS3 to Little Rock to play Madden while I was travelling.
Step 2: Internet out at my parents house in Little Rock. No Madden to be had.
Step 3: Leave PS3 power cord in Little Rock.

So... I might be able to go tomorrow night after like 8pm central or so, but more likely than not I just need to be thrown on auto.

e: The cool thing is that my TV power cord fits my PS3 perfectly, but then I am stuck in this Hell that I can have one or the other on but not both. It mocks me.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm sure you could probably find a PS3 power cord somewhere close to you, like a Best Buy or GameStop or something if you cared enough to waste :10bux: on an extra cord just for internet footballs.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

WampaLord posted:

I'm sure you could probably find a PS3 power cord somewhere close to you, like a Best Buy or GameStop or something if you cared enough to waste :10bux: on an extra cord just for internet footballs.

Personally I'd do this just to get netflix back. Gotta get that fix, that netfix

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
wampa i'm free for a few hours this afternoon after 3, until around 6, if you want to pick off Tebow a few times

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dubious posted:

wampa i'm free for a few hours this afternoon after 3, until around 6, if you want to pick off Tebow a few times

I work till 6, so no go tonight. Tomorrow night?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Stevie Lee posted:

I literally fell asleep watching the pro bowl. I'm up now though.

I'm online if you see this.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'ma go get online. The Sixers-Suns game I'm watching has been p. terrible so far.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
you just went offline

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Cam Newton owns

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
wampa i actually can play tonight.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Bullshit, specifically that last Stevie Johnson TD. I had that mother fucker double covered and he shouldn't have caught it by any stretch of the imagination

Alucard fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 28, 2014

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Pass defense? Who needs it?

E: gg again Alucard. Let the CPU do your downfield tackling and uh don't run the ball three times late in the third down by 7 when your opponent can't stop your passing attack.

double edit: the play in question was like 3rd and 24 (fun fact a cat jumped on me and made me hit circle twice so i couldn't audible out of the spike play, that's why I kept fake snapping until I got the false start penalty), i ran Corner Strike with smart routes on the outside receivers, Stevie was double covered, EJ threw it outside before the receiver broke off the route & Stevie broke first, got enough of a step to catch it and both defenders fell over themselves in shock letting him pretty much walk in for his fourth TD of the game.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 28, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

oldskool posted:

Pass defense? Who needs it?

E: gg again Alucard. Let the CPU do your downfield tackling and uh don't run the ball three times late in the third down by 7 when your opponent can't stop your passing attack.

double edit: the play in question was like 3rd and 24 (fun fact a cat jumped on me and made me hit circle twice so i couldn't audible out of the spike play, that's why I kept fake snapping until I got the false start penalty), i ran Corner Strike with smart routes on the outside receivers, Stevie was double covered, EJ threw it outside before the receiver broke off the route & Stevie broke first, got enough of a step to catch it and both defenders fell over themselves in shock letting him pretty much walk in for his fourth TD of the game.

Any advice for dealing with this then? It sounds to me like there are some players that just get open on any play regardless of how many defenders you stick on them. I was man covering him with 2 guys who were in the same area as the pass and it's not like they weren't even close to where the ball ended up. One of them should have at least tipped or tackled. I was double covering Johnson every play after the first 80 or so yards, and it didn't do poo poo.

Oh FYI that SS blitz at the beginning of the game should have legit killed EJ, but instead you killed my hartline and gave him broken ribs. I was so happy to have actually put a successfully timed blitz on someone for the first time ever.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 28, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Alucard posted:

Any advice for dealing with this then? It sounds to me like there are some players that just get open on any play regardless of how many defenders you stick on them. I was man covering him with 2 guys who were in the same area as the pass and it's not like they weren't even close to where the ball ended up. One of them should have at least tipped or tackled. I was double covering Johnson every play after the first 80 or so yards, and it didn't do poo poo.

Oh FYI that SS blitz at the beginning of the game should have legit killed EJ, but instead you killed my hartline and gave him broken ribs.

Corner Strike is very, very difficult to defend with Man if the the WR is a good route runner. It's not quite a fault of you, it's just a really good play in the hands of a good WR. Zone is a bit more effective if you shade a DB into the zone.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Dubious posted:

Corner Strike is very, very difficult to defend with Man if the the WR is a good route runner. It's not quite a fault of you, it's just a really good play in the hands of a good WR. Zone is a bit more effective if you shade a DB into the zone.

Am I supposed to shade the DB and then send the zones to the sidelines? I've found that deep zones tend to be crap at actually getting to the sidelines even when you tell them to.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dubious posted:

wampa i actually can play tonight.

Hopping on now

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 28, 2014

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008
I AM LITERALLY INCAPABLE OF COMPREHENDING ALTRUISM
Baldrasshhhh...RIP?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

Hopping on now

on and ready but google hangout seems dead as tebow's irl career

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dubious posted:

on and ready but google hangout seems dead as tebow's irl career

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/76cpitpauj2o26omvi281mig80?hl=en

try again

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Dubious posted:

Stevie's a top-notch route runner, but if you jam at the line with man coverage it usually stops the route cold; regardless of whether the jam works it ends up with the man corner directly in the throwing lane and keeps him there (either through great coverage or oh-poo poo-he's-behind-me trailing, either way QB has nowhere to throw it). A successful jam also puts a deep blue zone safety in play. The purple zones (usually in cover 4 but there's a couple other plays I know of that have it) also gently caress it up and usually end in INTs.

wait why am i helping you i have to play the dolphins again

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
GG Wampa, you're improving significantly. Fun game, although I'm gonna send EA a pipebomb for not letting me challenge obvious completions that got ruled incomplete, and a bullshit Browner pick.

Cards get shithoused in Arizona 48-24; Tebow bullshit can't save them this week.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dubious posted:

GG Wampa, you're improving significantly.

Cards get shithoused in Arizona 48-24; Tebow bullshit can't save them this week.

Thank you sir, you are too kind. Madden Bullshit definitely swung in my favor, but I feel like I'm stepping my game up.

ETA - :hawksin:

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jan 28, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

Thank you sir, you are too kind. Madden Bullshit definitely swung in my favor, but I feel like I'm stepping my game up.

I also know how the CPU feels in bizarro last year after I poo poo all over them with AP

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Bears autod. Advance as soon as game is done

Oberst fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 28, 2014

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dubious posted:

I also know how the CPU feels in bizarro last year after I poo poo all over them with AP

BEAST MODE ENGAGED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSZdntRnQVg

Owning Lynch is like playing the game with a cheat code.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Giants taking the sim this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005

Krypttx posted:

Baldrasshhhh...RIP?

Nope, just been busy the last couple of days. I can go anytime tonight if you're around. Wouldn't want to deprive you of the opportunity for redemption.

• Locked thread