Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Hahaha, I wait with bated breath for Cole or Mcvey to see this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
That is hilarious.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

I am starting to transfer over to After Effects as opposed to Windows Movie Maker, so there will most likely be more single play videos as opposed to entire frag videos until I get my barrings on everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiSyVyH-uCI

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

I've watched this like three times now and I'm still not sure what's going on

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Fat Lou posted:

Hahaha, I wait with bated breath for Cole or Mcvey to see this.
New players gonna new. As long as he took a lesson from it(if a SG goes off on the bomb there's probably someone on it) he hopefully won't have a repeat performance.

There's willful ignorance(running across de_train with a smoke out before finally TKing your teammate) and then there's being new.

Necc0 posted:

I've watched this like three times now and I'm still not sure what's going on
Forget it necco, it's goonman.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Haha, this is so loving good. I saw this from the CT's point of view in-game and watching Zaphod just peace the gently caress out of the bomb site right in front of him as he was defusing was one of the best things I've ever witnessed in a goonman.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Do you guys regularly call poo poo like 'defusing' when you are dead? Because I legit hate that.

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
My friend likes to stream our games we play. Sometimes we have some pretty cool poo poo happen. This is one of those times.

I like to use this as an excuse why you never kick your AFK pubbies.

http://www.twitch.tv/artelis/c/3621039

(TL:DR/Watch - Pubby was AFK for almost the whole match, gets back at the perfect time and pulls a miracle. Is also named Jesus's Daddy).

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Carrier posted:

Do you guys regularly call poo poo like 'defusing' when you are dead? Because I legit hate that.

Do you see the videos I post? Yes, sometimes, because some people need to be told.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

Carrier posted:

Like sure under normal circumstances that could be annoying but in a video where a guy walks right by a CT defusing without a care in the world?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Fat Lou posted:

Do you see the videos I post? Yes, sometimes, because some people need to be told.

Sometimes you just don't hear the drat defuse sound for whatever reason, I have literally been 20 feet away and not heard the sound.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
rofl and onto the list of "people to last pick" zaphod goes, right next to pengy and mcvey.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Carrier posted:

Sometimes it is actually helpful, like in the above video. But really you should have a key bound to toggle voice on/off, and if you are the last person left alive and need to hear poo poo just disable voice until the round is over.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Babyface Mingo posted:

rofl and onto the list of "people to last pick" zaphod goes, right next to pengy and mcvey.

loooool like I'd ever get picked.

Because I'm always doing the picking:cool:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Carrier posted:

It can be helpful. SCRUB.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

mcvey posted:

loooool like I'd ever get picked.

Because I'm always doing the picking:cool:

MCVEY I need to get back into CS:Go let's have some training sess, I'll paypal you 1 btc per month or so.

VoiceOfIntuition
Apr 11, 2009
No, Carrier's right. One of the nuances in calling that we don't bother to clarify is you don't call things about information a competent teammate can obtain.

But you know...

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

teagone posted:

It can be helpful. SCRUB.

I had a dude almost have an aneurysm when I told him someone was defusing. He spent the entire next round whining about how he lost the round because I said "defusing" which caused him to not hear the defusing, which doesn't make any sense.

I stopped doing it because it's like backseat driving. I just let people play now.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Bashez posted:

I stopped doing it because it's like backseat driving. I just let people play now.
I'm all for backseat driving because most of the time I need it but a voice_enable 0 bind helps if you've gotta concentrate.

Babyface Mingo posted:

MCVEY I need to get back into CS:Go let's have some training sess, I'll paypal you 1 btc per month or so.
I don't even know who you are. :colbert:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

VoiceOfIntuition posted:

No, Carrier's right. One of the nuances in calling that we don't bother to clarify is you don't call things about information a competent teammate can obtain.

But you know...

Flawed. No one that plays this game is competent. Everything happens by chance.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Sometimes I'm pretty good about judging the teammate I'm speccing and giving appropriate advice other times I'll find myself yelling very detailed instructions to grips on how to retake a bombsite.

Don't get mad at me I can't help but get excited sometimes.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

I was more coming from the sportsmanship end of, you're dead, so you shouldn't be able to contribute to poo poo thats going on with the people still alive... But I guess that isn't very enforcable.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Carrier posted:

I was more coming from the sportsmanship end of, you're dead, so you shouldn't be able to contribute to poo poo thats going on with the people still alive... But I guess that isn't very enforcable.

We should also enforce everyone to take out their knives upon seeing another player with their knife out, since knife duels are high sportsmanship.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Carrier posted:

Sportsmanship? How is sportsmanship involved? :psyduck:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Carrier posted:

Haha, are you talking about... bushido?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Babyface Mingo posted:

We should also enforce everyone to take out their knives upon seeing another player with their knife out, since knife duels are high sportsmanship.

Part of this is full-well knowing he could shoot you in the face, which is what makes it so bushido. It isn't necessarily dishonorable to shoot someone with their knife, but it's certainly honorable to accept the challenge.

It's ABSOLUTELY dishonorable to renege once the knife fight has started, however.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Carrier posted:

Even ESEA has changed it to where dead teammates can communicate with living teammates. I'm guessing mainly so you can still call things even if you get bum-rushed and die immediately or mid-sentence.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Dvsilverwing posted:

Even ESEA has changed it to where dead teammates can communicate with living teammates. I'm guessing mainly so you can still call things even if you get bum-rushed and die immediately or mid-sentence.

Uh, it's more that it's an unenforcable rule. If you place any restrictions whatsoever on the ingame voice chat then people simply won't use it in favour of external VOIP apps.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Who cares if he used the word 'sportsmanship'. He's generally right. Not to say I don't talk while I'm dead way too often, but generally speaking, stfu when you're dead.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Who cares if he used the word 'sportsmanship'. He's generally right. Not to say I don't talk while I'm dead way too often, but generally speaking, stfu when you're dead.

I read it more as "dead people giving info is unfair because something" but yeah you're right.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

"If I manage to ambush this guy and kill him [with a silenced weapon] before he can even shout a warning, the rest of his team should be left clueless about where or what I am" is a very natural player expectation and there are entire gaming genres built around it, so it's perfectly understandable that people would like it to work that way in multiplayer shooters as well.

Unfortunately there's the unenforceability issue Popehoist already pointed out, which makes the entire idea moot. In theory you could enforce it at LANs, but "no Mumble no deadspeak" has significant gameplay implications as well (any kind of 1HK attack becomes much more valuable) so it's something you'd need to design the actual game around.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

fade to black, mute when dead

this is fun and not at all lovely and boring

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
Personally I put deadtalking on level with wallhacking or esp. It's totally against the spirit of the game and you're a lovely person if you do it.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

NihilCredo posted:

"If I manage to ambush this guy and kill him [with a silenced weapon] before he can even shout a warning, the rest of his team should be left clueless about where or what I am" is a very natural player expectation and there are entire gaming genres built around it, so it's perfectly understandable that people would like it to work that way in multiplayer shooters as well.

What other strategic round based shooters does this? I can't think of any. It's crazy to not want that in CS. ESEA did it for CSGO in its PUG games and it sucked.

But... we should do a no deadtalk goonman.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 28, 2014

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

mcvey posted:

What other strategic round based shooters does this?

call of duty you scrub

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
If mumble/skype/teamspeak/ventrilo/etc didn't exist, it'd be awesome to see a multiplayer game where dead people lose communication. But they do, so that game doesn't exist.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
I find it a bit weird since older CS games didn't typically allow for team-specific deadtalk but I guess with out-of-game voice comm being the norm these days it's only fair to put in an in-game method as well.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
A lot of the CS's metagame is based off of calls and working together as a team. CAL used to do fade to black but that's about as far as no deadtalk will get.

Edit: Keep in mind that enemies didn't show up on radar when spotted in 1.6.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
You are all now banned from my 1.6 pub server for phone hacking and ghosting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

1.5 is better.

• Locked thread