Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Don't you give him credit for that! Don't you do it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Those two together on one comic? Oh my God. It must be amazing. I wonder how well Liefeld can render limbs and guts exploding given free reign to go hog wild.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is just as good as the Sex Criminals one.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waterhaul posted:

Originally when Ditko did it yes but then people have gone crazy with it and it's effectively turned into corn rows most of the time. People can have it in real life though.

This one guy's picture always shows up in discussions about Osborn's hair. And usually only him, as if he's the only one in the world to have it. I've been seeing it for years. I wonder if this guy knows.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gatts posted:

Those two together on one comic? Oh my God. It must be amazing. I wonder how well Liefeld can render limbs and guts exploding given free reign to go hog wild.

I imagine it will look something like this:

Except all the short dude's intestines would come flying out the stump of his wrist.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
All New X-Factor #2: Quicksilver's no fun

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Lobok posted:

This one guy's picture always shows up in discussions about Osborn's hair. And usually only him, as if he's the only one in the world to have it. I've been seeing it for years. I wonder if this guy knows.

I thought of Blake Griffin personally.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Osborne hair is as disturbing and upsetting in real life as it is in comic books.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Watchmen. Mff.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Savage Dragon #28.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Spanish Matlock posted:

I guess if I had a healing factor I wouldn't wash my hands either.

If I had super-scent I wouldn't be able not to.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

What If... Thor and the High Evolutionary argued on the internet? (vol.2#1)

What If... Steve Rogers were an amazingly fascistic president without anyone suspecting he might be a Nazi clone because they were too amused by his one-liners? (vol.2#28)

What If... Civilisation never developed typography or aesthetics, but loved man butts and somehow knew how to make a giant bronze wendigo levitate? (vol.2#29)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So a couple of months ago I posted this:

muscles like this? posted:

The 40s weren't always an inventive time for superheroes.

because it was kind of goofy and generic. Browsing an old comic book cover blog today I discovered this:

Where apparently The Green Mask changed color schemes and started lighting himself on fire.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

So a couple of months ago I posted this:

because it was kind of goofy and generic. Browsing an old comic book cover blog today I discovered this:

Where apparently The Green Mask changed color schemes and started lighting himself on fire.

I love it because it doesn't look like he has fire powers, just a gun that shoots flames. So he really is just lighting himself on fire.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Well, I know that if I were an evildoer someone ballsy enough to do that would scare the daylights out of me.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ManiacClown posted:

Well, I know that if I were an evildoer someone ballsy enough to do that would scare the daylights out of me.

Truly, The Green MaskThe Flame has mastered Ninja Thinking.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Waterhaul posted:

Poor choice of words from Superman vs The Amazing Spider-Man #1

The secret origin of Spider-boy.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ManiacClown posted:

The villain doesn't even care about his plane being shot at. He's more concerned there's a crazy man on fire leaping at him from God knows where.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The MSJ posted:

The villain doesn't even care about his plane being shot at. He's more concerned there's a crazy man on fire leaping at him from God knows where.

Do we even know for certain he's a villain? He could just be some dude flying a plane!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Jerusalem posted:

Do we even know for certain he's a villain? He could just be some dude flying a plane!
Until I saw this cover, I had no idea what my gran did during the war.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mighty Mouse, unknown source.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Gen13 #65

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This may be the least subtle supervillain plan of all time.

Mary Marvel #1

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

ImpAtom posted:

70 years later, Mark Miller would recycle this idea without a hint of irony.

Well, if he hasn't yet, I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh, so that's where he got the idea for Nemesis.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Mary Marvel don't say your magic word! Doctor Sivana has booby trapped your uterus to implode!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

From WWE Supestars #2.

He can also be a Kevin Nash impersonator or a holiday-themed monster.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Gavok posted:

From WWE Supestars #2.

He can also be a Kevin Nash impersonator or a holiday-themed monster.
Oh you just know AJ's gonna be the femme fatale who shoots somebody in the back.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

The mutant power to turn one's own rear end into whatever you touch? Man they ARE running out of mutant ideas.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

CapnAndy posted:

Oh you just know AJ's gonna be the femme fatale who shoots somebody in the back.

She's already playing all the angles, having associated with disgraced cop John Cena, crooked businessman Randy Orton and heroic anarchist CM Punk. She's been kidnapped by the Bella Twins and now all three of those guys are trying to find her. This has led to Cena and Orton being kidnapped by bayou cultists for mysterious reasons.

WWE Superstars is awesome, is what I'm saying.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

ImpAtom posted:

Mary Marvel #1

Is it Sivana that has the panel where he's reading a newspaper and monologuing about how he could have bought it but stole it anyway? Anyone have that panel?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

At least Sivana Jr. knows how to really plot a villainous scheme:

Captain Marvel Jr. #36

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Kalli posted:

I love that he uses eggs filled with explosives. Nobody could be arsed to draw landmines that day.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

POYO! From Chew #18.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Gavok posted:

She's already playing all the angles, having associated with disgraced cop John Cena, crooked businessman Randy Orton and heroic anarchist CM Punk. She's been kidnapped by the Bella Twins and now all three of those guys are trying to find her. This has led to Cena and Orton being kidnapped by bayou cultists for mysterious reasons.

WWE Superstars is awesome, is what I'm saying.

Is it legit good? Or at least entertaining enough to a comic/wrestling fan?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Uh... where do I sign the petition to get a Poyo solo book?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

Uh... where do I sign the petition to get a Poyo solo book?

First you must go out and kill an enraged bull. Kill it by ripping its heart out as it rushes you. Eat its heart while it beats, full of the last living will and strength.

Then your deed will be counted for the glory of Poyo.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Die Laughing posted:

Is it legit good? Or at least entertaining enough to a comic/wrestling fan?

The latter, definitely. Like, on a critical level, it's pretty laughable, but it's definitely a fun time if you're a wrestling fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Kalli posted:

Captain Marvel Jr. #36

It's a little weird how Freddie talks about Cpt. Marvel Jr. as a different person. Sivana jr too, come to think of it.

• Locked thread