Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

Quicksilver

Christ that looks awful. It looks like someone dropped an anime on its head as a baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I am surprisingly upset that Quicksilver isn't even more Glam. He looks like an extra from Hackers.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Waterhaul posted:

Quicksilver

I'm getting some weird 90's Animorphs-cover vibes from this one. Wasn't Quicksilver a late addition to the movie as a "gently caress you" to his inclusion in The Avengers 2?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Fox pulling a petty move with X-Men at the expense of the shooting schedule isn't exactly a new development.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Waterhaul posted:

Quicksilver

This movie sure is going to be a treat :getin:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Waterhaul posted:

Quicksilver

Just wanted to remind everyone that this is the most expensive movie Fox has ever made outside of Avatar

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Waterhaul posted:

Quicksilver

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

TetsuoTW posted:

Christ that looks awful. It looks like someone dropped an anime on its head as a baby.

I'm just happy it doesn't look like the usual bodysuit from the books.

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

Waterhaul posted:

Quicksilver

The pouch belt finally make their triumphant entry to the X-Men Cinematic Universe

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Well, I think this is one case where a dude running around in spandex with a lightning bolt on it would be a vast improvement.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Centuries from now when Hollywood is a smoldering crater they will ask what lead to its destruction and our future generations will point to the X-Men movie as the epicenter. The one that brought them to their knees and killed the blockbuster and superhero flicks.

On the one hand it looks so bad it might be entertaining, I mean looking at Quicksilver there seems to be a hint of 90s style poo poo on costume. On the other hand I can only imagine what hellish horrors the guys who greenlighted the budget for this thing are going to be subject to when it all collapses around them.

Exec: "Umm...hello, Mr. Cameron. I have some bad news. Your budget for the next few Avatar movies? I'm afraid we can't do that."
James: "...you have angered the great one...we will come for you from many angles. Do not bother to prepare...it has already been done."

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Eurotrash Quicksilver is perfect. :colbert:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Eurotrash Quicksilver is perfect. :colbert:

Yeah I don't get why literally everyone isn't stoked about this.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Really not sure why Quicksilver is wearing all of that crap, unless it's supposed to be him in the '70s?

Toad, who I don't think was previously mentioned as being in this, looks bad.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

thanks to Time Travel Shenanigans, 90s-as-hell-looking Pietro could always literally be from the 90s

"is that a loving Walkman?"

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 27, 2014

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Quicksilver is from an alternate timeline where Das Scorpions traveled through time and killed Hitler.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It's kind of interesting that Havoc and Toad are in military clothes. Maybe there's a subplot of having mutant soldiers?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Yeah I don't get why literally everyone isn't stoked about this.

Everything I've seen so far regarding DoFP has looked like garbage to me; the stills, the janky-as-gently caress trailer, and now these covers. I want to like this movie, but the marketing team is not helping.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

More images.

Veiny Abs

I can walk again

Fabulous BubbleMan

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Jesus christ they managed to make Huge Ackman look bad. That's impressive, honestly.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Jesus christ, the veins on Jackman. That guy is like an actual mutant. But one of those weird Morrison-era mutants whose power is to have bulbous veins that can coerce people into giving him movie roles.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The gently caress is up with his veins :gonk:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

The Wolverine thing is part it's terrible photoshopped like the rest and Jackman should accept that he's old and not juice as much.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Clearly Fox signed Jackman but his veins had too many demands in their contract so they're trying to walk.

Waterhaul posted:

The Wolverine thing is part it's terrible photoshopped like the rest and Jackman should accept that he's old and not juice as much.

He should accept he's old and just make the next time travel flick Old Man Logan.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 27, 2014

ufarn
May 30, 2009
This looks like one of those videogame adaptations from the 90s.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Badly photoshopped press photos from Empire magazine may not be representative of one of the most expensive films ever produced, film at 11.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PupsOfWar posted:

thanks to Time Travel Shenanigans, 90s-as-hell-looking Pietro could always literally be from the 90s

"is that a loving Walkman?"

That was my first thought, that QS is actually from the future.

I am still holding out hope that the movie will have a young Scott and Jean. They may not be major characters, but they'll be there.

I like Toad's taxi driver look "Are you croaking at me? Are you croaking at me?! I do see anyone else croaking in here!!!!"

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Finally, a costume in a major movie that I can make from a Halloween store and have it look movie accurate! (Or maybe even better than, jesus christ.)

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

God drat bone claws. Having his claws be bone was loving stupid in the books and now that poo poo is in the movies :(

Yes, I saw The Wolverine.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Happy Hippo posted:

God drat bone claws. Having his claws be bone was loving stupid in the books and now that poo poo is in the movies :(

Yes, I saw The Wolverine.

The Wolverine was great,only the Viper ruined what would have been a brilliant pop corn romp.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

I can walk again

Why isn't Xavier wearing his awesome floral print Seventies shirt? Like, all the time? In every appearance, regardless of age or time period?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Hakkesshu posted:

Badly photoshopped press photos from Empire magazine may not be representative of one of the most expensive films ever produced, film at 11.

So much this. The problem here is the magazine, not the movie.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Waterhaul posted:

Well they need some way to try and stay in print beyond constantly doing best of lists.

Trask

The tag line combined with the Trask photo is pretty unintentionally funny.

Trask/Dinklage looks awesome and I am sad no-one is admitting this here.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Madkal posted:

Trask/Dinklage looks awesome and I am sad no-one is admitting this here.

Who gives a poo poo when the rest of the movie looks awful?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waterhaul posted:

I can walk again

"Holy gently caress I need to see this movie. I mean did you SEE that cover of that one dude thinkin' real hard?"
"Oh, I thought he was trying to sell us on brand synergy."
"No no, he was telling us to hold on cuz he needed to take a call."
"Either way I think we can all agree it was pretty dynamic stuff."

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

it's been long enough that I don't remember: was Wolverine considered sex-symbol material before Jackman played him?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

PupsOfWar posted:

it's been long enough that I don't remember: was Wolverine considered sex-symbol material before Jackman played him?

He was a short, stubby hairy cigar smoking drinker. He also charmed all the ladies, so who knows.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Madkal posted:

He was a short, stubby hairy cigar smoking drinker. He also charmed all the ladies, so who knows.

I think it's more that haggard, greasy beefcakes went out of style pretty much everywhere in the 2000s, so Wolverine probably would have changed regardless of Jackman's involvement.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

"Young" Wolverine

Blink (and you'll miss the 2 seconds she's probably in the film also I think it's Warpath with a sticker head)

Old Man

Older Man

Also one of the other images was just Bryan Singer and I'm not reuploading that because it's a dumb thing to include :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Who would seriously run out to collect 25 of these terrible covers?

• Locked thread