Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

King Dead posted:

Does anyone know what armor set/pack contains the armor used in this screenshot for this unrelated mod? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/ It's hard to find leather armor mods that look nice but also simple and plain.
That's Dawnguard heavy armour from the Dawnguard DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

epitasis posted:

That's what I assumed but the installation instructions don't seem to make any mention of it!

To me this suggests you only need to look in those subfolders if you're doing a manual install. I have to imagine there are a ton of people that see that MO found the .esm/.esp and don't give it a second look.

This is an issue I had before. Using MO to install SPERG, I selected DB and DG but those optional files never were actually installed. I didn't realize this until installing another mod that required those files and I began rapidly scratching my head as to what went wrong.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Tzarnal posted:

Revenge of the enemies is great. But only if you want what its advertising, it will make enemies harder, it will make some bosses REALY HARD. Some of the bosses have thousands of HP.

If that sounds cool to you, go ahead.

My "go to" for Darksoul-sy combat has been Ultimate Combat with timed block, hardcore damage turned on, on the second easiest difficulty (the one up from whatever you start at in vanilla)

At level 1, I can clear the mines around Riverwood of bandits, but the named ones are hard as gently caress if you're not prepared (buffed, use powers, etc.)

It is quite fun. The same setup with Revenge of the Enemies wasn't as fun.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

poptart_fairy posted:

Is there anything which stops Nightingale armour from chopping off my Argonian's nose?
Improved closefaced helmets

And all the other helmets Bethesda didn't bother finishing before release or even after.

(Except Dragon Priest Masks and the Masque of Clavicus Vile.)

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Mammal Sauce posted:

What exactly is stopping people from distributing mod packs via torrent? These people don't actually have any legal claim to their derivative works, so why aren't there already a shitload of people making mod torrents or otherwise distributing them in a fashion that prevents all the Arthmoors in the scene from sending takedown notices/DDOSing hosts/etc.? I can't imagine a torrent site staff member responding to a takedown request with anything other than "lol :fuckoff:"

Raygereio posted:

There are. Go to any torrent searchsite, type in for example something like "skyrim mods" and you'll get plenty of results.
What epitasis seems to want though is a modpack that he can just instal into his Skyrim directory and immediatly can start playing. People have asked for that before in the moddingthreads for Skyrim, New Vegas, etc. But it's not likely to happen for various reasons.

I imagine the biggest issue is the fact that there's nothing even approaching a list of singularly 'best'/essential mods for Skyrim outside of a list of mods small enough that there's not much of a point (SKSE, SkyUI, Unofficial Patches?). Any pack would still have a million choices someone would need to make, because there's too many variables regarding what makes the game feel right.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Anyone using Immersive Patrols or Radiance might want to take a look at Extended Encounters, which adds more Random Encounter types, which is very cool. Going to give this a shot and see how it works out.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

King Dead posted:

Does anyone know what armor set/pack contains the armor used in this screenshot for this unrelated mod? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/ It's hard to find leather armor mods that look nice but also simple and plain.

Looks like the standard armour for Dawnguard troops to me?

Hothtrooper44
Jul 10, 2013

Combo posted:

Very true, got it. Annoying though! Half of the reason I play this drat game is to look like a pretty princess, stop taking options away from me.

Now I have to track down a stormcloak still alive somewhere so I can get a cape because I just installed cloaks of skyrim :v:

You need to be a certain rank within the civil war progression to craft side specific sets. The Heroic Imperial and Heroic Stormcloak sets come first at a lower rank, then the Imperial Knight and Stormlord come at very high ranks. Many of of the sets are integrated into the flow of the game through requirement triggers, quests, etc.

Also, OP should update the thread under the armor mods section. =)

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Hothtrooper44 posted:

You need to be a certain rank within the civil war progression to craft side specific sets. The Heroic Imperial and Heroic Stormcloak sets come first at a lower rank, then the Imperial Knight and Stormlord come at very high ranks. Many of of the sets are integrated into the flow of the game through requirement triggers, quests, etc.

Also, OP should update the thread under the armor mods section. =)

Yeah, it definitely makes sense, and to be honest I didn't even know it was in the game until I did the Stormcloaks questline on my assassin and wondered what the hell Ulfric was wearing, since he was long dead in my other character's game.

Adding it via console is fine. IAv7 is really, really great.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
A few SPERG questions

The Description page on nexus says that you get a semi-random skillup EVERY time you complete a quest, however i just did some small quests in Whiterun (Fetch the amulet in halls of the dead, get Michael off Carlottas back, give the Sword to the Jarls advisor) however none of those granted me a skill-up. I did get some skill-ups when completing quests yesterday, but those were bigger quests; do you not get skill-ups for a certain type of quests? (i.e. very short ones). Or are certain types of missions considered "tasks" instead of "quests"? (or something like that)

I get 2 carry capacity every time i put a point in Health at level up, is this from SPERG or from another mod? I couldn't find this particular detail in any mod description.

I have SkyTweak, and see that in its configuration panel every skill level up rate is at 1.0. Does this mean that it overrides SPERGS alternate skill gain, or is the multiplier from SkyTweak multiplied with SPERGS rate? The SkyTweak info page says that its tweaks are added as "Stacker(+)Perk", so they are treated separately than straight up modifications to the .ini's?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Ineptitude posted:

A few SPERG questions

The Description page on nexus says that you get a semi-random skillup EVERY time you complete a quest, however i just did some small quests in Whiterun (Fetch the amulet in halls of the dead, get Michael off Carlottas back, give the Sword to the Jarls advisor) however none of those granted me a skill-up. I did get some skill-ups when completing quests yesterday, but those were bigger quests; do you not get skill-ups for a certain type of quests? (i.e. very short ones). Or are certain types of missions considered "tasks" instead of "quests"? (or something like that)

If I remember correctly it has to increment the "Quests Completed" counter in your stats, and Bethesda was kind of inconsistent about what quests do that.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Kilroy posted:

Improved closefaced helmets

And all the other helmets Bethesda didn't bother finishing before release or even after.

(Except Dragon Priest Masks and the Masque of Clavicus Vile.)

Awesome, thank you. It bugged me I lost my snout whenever I found cool armour.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Emong posted:

If I remember correctly it has to increment the "Quests Completed" counter in your stats, and Bethesda was kind of inconsistent about what quests do that.

Generally I think it doesn't include quests you get under the Miscellaneous category, only quests that are standalone. I think all those quests he described are the former. *Some* misc quests award skillups in Vanilla skyrim but they're the exception, not the rule.

Axeface
Feb 28, 2009

He Who Walks
Behind The Aisles

Mortimer posted:

I did some digging through the files, and the biggest thing is ensuring you have advancespeech.pex in your folder (that's the script it uses). Other than finding a silly typo ("Yourr speechcraft...") it hasn't elucidated any problems it could have.

the code in question...

God smiles on those who help their fellow man. It sort of seems to be working again, but kind of spottily, triggering for some books but not for others; if there's nothing in the mod itself, maybe there's just some weird loving conflict that MO isn't catching. Thanks for looking.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is it okay to disable dummy .esp's if I have MO set to automatically extract .bsa's into loose files? I know it's safe to do if you keep the .bsa's intact, but it doesn't say anything about if they've been extracted.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is it okay to disable dummy .esp's if I have MO set to automatically extract .bsa's into loose files? I know it's safe to do if you keep the .bsa's intact, but it doesn't say anything about if they've been extracted.
If you've extracted a bsa file and load it's contents in the game as loose files, there isn't any reason keep that bsa file and its corresponding dummy plugin around.
Unless you want to mess around with the files inside the bsa file, there really isn't any reason to extract them though.

King Dead
Apr 13, 2011

Strategic Tea posted:

Looks like the standard armour for Dawnguard troops to me?

Oh welp. I haven't touched the game since a month after it came out and don't know/own the DLCs. Guess I'll go digging around the nexus for a while.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So I got no reply on my previous post, so I guess I'll make it short: is Immersive Armors (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19733/) compatible with Morrowloot? And I'm considering getting the realvision ENB (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/) but it seem to want me to download fuckloads of mods to make it even look good. Is it really needed?

Edit: Oh, and does anyone know any really good texture packs? I tried http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/607/ some time ago, but I found out it also changes the color of some textures making some of the wilderness look really, really weird

Stalins Moustache fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 27, 2014

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007
Is it just me, or is the Fort Urokk quest in Falskaar utter bullshit? The mod has been very well balanced for my level range (late 20s) so far, making this even more surprising, but suddenly you're fighting 20-odd Bandit Marauders in an enclosed space, immediately followed by fighting another dozen high-level hostile NPCs. You have five allies at this point but all of them are utterly useless, doing nothing more than taking a hit or two before going down. Within ten seconds of both fights starting, I was being hit by at least half a dozen melee guys as 4-6 archer NPCs peppered me from afar, all of which were at least level 25.

Does the rest of Falskaar's main questline tone down the combat from this, or should I just come back in 30 levels when I can actually take being attacked by a dozen level 25 guys at once?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Preem Palver posted:

Is it just me, or is the Fort Urokk quest in Falskaar utter bullshit? The mod has been very well balanced for my level range (late 20s) so far, making this even more surprising, but suddenly you're fighting 20-odd Bandit Marauders in an enclosed space, immediately followed by fighting another dozen high-level hostile NPCs. You have five allies at this point but all of them are utterly useless, doing nothing more than taking a hit or two before going down. Within ten seconds of both fights starting, I was being hit by at least half a dozen melee guys as 4-6 archer NPCs peppered me from afar, all of which were at least level 25.

Does the rest of Falskaar's main questline tone down the combat from this, or should I just come back in 30 levels when I can actually take being attacked by a dozen level 25 guys at once?

I did Falskaar at level 40-something and the last few quests were full of stupidly strong enemies and allies that cause you to get a fine (and thus turn on you) if you hit them.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Emong posted:

Thanks! That explains it!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Anyone got any experience with this mod?: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31325/ (realtime Dragon Flight)

I used the simple version last playthrough, which is basically just a ini tweak to enable features that Bethesda more or less completed, but were unhappy with. I'm curious about the more advanced version this time tho since the flightmodel seems to have been upgraded and made less janky. But the mod also smells like buggy and unfinished.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 27, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Stalins Moustache posted:

So I got no reply on my previous post, so I guess I'll make it short: is Immersive Armors (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19733/) compatible with Morrowloot? And I'm considering getting the realvision ENB (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/) but it seem to want me to download fuckloads of mods to make it even look good. Is it really needed?
Yes to the first one, the stipulation being if you want to stick with Morrowloot's vision you have to disable "craftable" on most armor. RealVision doesn't have you install "fuckloads", rather it just requires CoT 3.1 plus optional lighting solutions. If you're using vanilla lighting then ENB isn't for you.

quote:

I have SkyTweak, and see that in its configuration panel every skill level up rate is at 1.0. Does this mean that it overrides SPERGS alternate skill gain, or is the multiplier from SkyTweak multiplied with SPERGS rate? The SkyTweak info page says that its tweaks are added as "Stacker(+)Perk", so they are treated separately than straight up modifications to the .ini's?
I'm also curious about this one - I've run them both in the past, and set up SkyTweak to SPERG's values, but I'm not sure how much of an impact that had. If anyone knows for sure I'd love to know. And how does it interact with Elys Uncapper values?

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Mortimer posted:

And how does it interact with Elys Uncapper values?

It stacks multipliactively IIRC. SkyTweak's numbers will stack additively with effects in the game that affect the leveling rate, like the standing stones or the rested effects.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Wait it stacks multiplicatively or additively? I was wondering how SkyTweak interacts with Elys, but if what you're saying is true, and what my gut tells me, all SkyTweak is doing is adding another value to multiply by in the grand scheme of things. It isn't overwriting other leveling mod's values, nor does it have a way to import those values, it just says whatever you have now is "x1". Is that correct?

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Dongattack posted:

Anyone got any experience with this mod?: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31325/ (realtime Dragon Flight)

I used the simple version last playthrough, which is basically just a ini tweak to enable features that Bethesda more or less completed, but were unhappy with. I'm curious about the more advanced version this time tho since the flightmodel seems to have been upgraded and made less janky. But the mod also smells like buggy and unfinished.

It's a great mod and it works, but at the moment I don't use it. I'm sorry this is probably about as clear as mud, but there was a bug I noticed a while back where Odahviing would randomly appear on the ground when exploring - it was impossible to interact with the dummy Odahviing, but I'd hear him spout his lines when I walked past. Some dummies became permanent whilst others were temporary.

Even so I play mainly as a mage, and with way over 100 spells on my favourites menu (sorted into groups), it's extremely infuriating when the majority of my spells are removed from the menu as they're disabled when riding a dragon. They're not re-added upon dismount.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Just an FYI for the OP that I forgot the last time I posted here... unless it's just me, the section on the texture pack combiner\mod could probably be edited or removed as Alluvion seems to be gone (is that torrent around elsewhere?) and the amount of changes and updates to individual mods make it fairly unwieldy.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
This guide on Nexus just popped up, purporting to provide a good overview of settings, tweaks, and mods to make even a heavily-modded Skyrim stable. Has anybody looked at this and determined if it's quality work or just snake oil? (I'm a late 2013 reg and I already trust this community with such things more than anyplace else. I guess it's time to drop another :10bux: for a premium subscription.).

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/

∨∨∨ Thanks. I didn't realize that, and only knew about it because I saw it used elsewhere. It's now removed.

Ynglaur fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 28, 2014

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Might want to remove that regdate icon out of your post. It used to be probatable (not sure the current status).

edit: Also, Immersive Armors 7 is almost 1GB? drat. Will it mess things up if I start a game and enable it later after its finished downloading?

luchadornado fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 27, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Ynglaur posted:

This guide on Nexus just popped up, purporting to provide a good overview of settings, tweaks, and mods to make even a heavily-modded Skyrim stable. Has anybody looked at this and determined if it's quality work or just snake oil? (I'm a late :regd13: reg and I already trust this community with such things more than anyplace else. I guess it's time to drop another :10bux: for a premium subscription.).

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/

Just made a bunch of these changes (the small reserved memory size in ENBoost, removing some of the other lines under [General]) and didn't notice anything different. But really on my system it's basically infinite mods+textures and no ENB runs at 50-60 fps and anything with an ENB runs at 25-35 so I have no idea if anything is different.

Edit: Is there any way to get the new weather and lighting in RCRN without all that loving bloat? Like, so I don't have to add another loving game launcher and comb through my directories to find what it changed and try to cram it in a MO directory? The FPS sacrifice in ENB is hard to swallow but I don't want to lose the colors it provides for COT, or the parallax fixing.

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 28, 2014

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I've been considering running ENB, but I'm wondering what kind of effect it has on performance. I usually have ~60 FPS with a whole bunch of visual mods already, so what should I expect with ENB? I'm rocking a GTX 760 video card if that helps.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Just put it in the folder and try it it'll take the time for you to boot the game one time.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Nymix posted:

It's a great mod and it works, but at the moment I don't use it. I'm sorry this is probably about as clear as mud, but there was a bug I noticed a while back where Odahviing would randomly appear on the ground when exploring - it was impossible to interact with the dummy Odahviing, but I'd hear him spout his lines when I walked past. Some dummies became permanent whilst others were temporary.

Even so I play mainly as a mage, and with way over 100 spells on my favourites menu (sorted into groups), it's extremely infuriating when the majority of my spells are removed from the menu as they're disabled when riding a dragon. They're not re-added upon dismount.

Aw, okay, i'll skip it then. Thanks!

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

epitasis posted:

Just put it in the folder and try it it'll take the time for you to boot the game one time.

I was going to just try it but a bunch of other visual mods I remember installing had options like if I had ENB installed or not, and thought I'd have to go through all my visual mods and go through the options again which is :effort: so I figured I'd ask here first.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 28, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Nah basically note the files you're adding, drop 'em in, run around outside and see what your FPS is. If it's not satisfactory, delete the files. You can go back through and add whatever ENB things if you like it. Which, what would those be, some patched particles or parallax textures?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
RNaD with the SPERG perk that doubles your racial bonus is hilarious as an Argonian. I'm drinking and eating from the skankiest, most disgusting food and water sources possible like it's nothing.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

poptart_fairy posted:

RNaD with the SPERG perk that doubles your racial bonus is hilarious as an Argonian. I'm drinking and eating from the skankiest, most disgusting food and water sources possible like it's nothing.
Sounds like an Argonian, all right.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Racist. :colbert:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

So i have ENB and some mods installed, and it runs fine with like 30-45 fps, but it seems whenever I enter an instance and then head back out to skyrim the frame rate drops to unplayable levels until I quit and restart the game. Im using the script extender, so im wondering what it could be thats causing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GAY RETARD posted:

So i have ENB and some mods installed, and it runs fine with like 30-45 fps, but it seems whenever I enter an instance and then head back out to skyrim the frame rate drops to unplayable levels until I quit and restart the game. Im using the script extender, so im wondering what it could be thats causing that.

It's not the script extender if that's what you're thinking. Default ugridstoload?

• Locked thread