Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
We are dealing with the same sort of people that supported the zombabby, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. (warning, link :nms: )

..It just takes a special kind of :wtc: when I have to read the same people that call for straight-up murder of the unbelievers many times a day, cry that their 'culture of life' is being violated because a brain dead person gets to, well, be dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Tias posted:

We are dealing with the same sort of people that supported the zombabby, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. (warning, link :nms: )

..It just takes a special kind of :wtc: when I have to read the same people that call for straight-up murder of the unbelievers many times a day, cry that their 'culture of life' is being violated because a brain dead person gets to, well, be dead.

Yeah but that's what the doctors say but they're dumb. Remember Tim Tebow? They said he was going to be mentally challenged and look how he turned out! He bootstrapped his way into being the best QB since Joe Flacco or some poo poo.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

cafel posted:

'...wimpy Antioch humans...'? Anyone have any idea what this could possibly mean? My best guess is it has something to do with the Patriarch of Antioch or the Crusades, but nothing really comes to mind that makes sense in that context. I can't think of any close spellings that it might be autocorrected from that make any sense.

I'm just as confused as you are. I thought they were talking about the grenade from Monty Python and that didn't make any sense at all.

Tias
May 25, 2008

DemeaninDemon posted:

Yeah but that's what the doctors say but they're dumb. Remember Tim Tebow? They said he was going to be mentally challenged and look how he turned out! He bootstrapped his way into being the best QB since Joe Flacco or some poo poo.

I'm eurotrash, so I don't know much about Tebow, except he was a good christian young man who somehow got gypped by the commienazimuslim conspiracy.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Tias posted:

I'm eurotrash, so I don't know much about Tebow, except he was a good christian young man who somehow got gypped by the commienazimuslim conspiracy.

He's a great example of the persecution complex Freep-types have. They blame the fact that he washed out of the NFL on him being a Christian as opposed to have like zero NFL-caliber ability.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Openly gay NBA player Jason Collins to be guest of Michelle Obama

quote:

To: massmike
It’s really a pretty sad state of affairs when the only real accomplishment one can claim is that they take it up the poop-chute.

2 posted on 1/27/2014 9:21:21 AM by Howie66 (Molon Labe, Traitors!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Howie66
13 year NBA career, playoffs 9 times, twice in the finals. What are your real accomplishments?

14 posted on 01/27/2014 7:26:48 AM PST by babble-on
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: babble-on
My time spent in the United States Marine Corps for openers. There are more but I believe that they wouldn’t matter in your view.

43 posted on 01/27/2014 7:51:50 AM PST by Howie66 (Molon Labe, Traitors!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies ]
I was in the Marines, and am therefore immune to your criticisms :smuggo:

quote:

Every event in America has to be -centered- on homosexuality. The Russians might be civilizations only hope.

3 posted on 1/27/2014 9:22:24 AM by DesertRhino (I was standing with a rifle, waiting for soviet paratroopers, but communists just ran for office.)

quote:

To: DesertRhino
Even Christ had to flee to Egypt, Israel's ancient foe, to survive his own land.

66 posted on 01/27/2014 9:06:09 AM PST by fwdude ( You cannot compromise with that which you must defeat.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

The United States of Fabulous :gay:

quote:

America has truly become Homo-America.

That’s all this country now stands for. Homosex and dope.

Pardon me while I vomit.

13 posted on 01/27/2014 7:26:28 AM PST by greene66
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: greene66
When did we cross over, from toleration of homosexuality, to actively promoting same, and pushing it in our faces?

20 posted on 01/27/2014 7:28:48 AM PST by Dilbert San Diego
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Dilbert San Diego
Lawrence v. Texas

That which is not forbidden shall be mandatory.

67 posted on 01/27/2014 9:07:35 AM PST by fwdude ( You cannot compromise with that which you must defeat.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: greene66
The USA is now all-gay, all-the-time.

38 posted on 01/27/2014 7:48:18 AM PST by PGR88
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies ]

If only we had shouted that he was black and gay louder and with more frequency :qq:

quote:

This kind of stuff does not sit well with ALL of his base..

If we exploited that he was the first BLACK and GAY president he would lose a ton of support from that community.

Esepcially if we point out how much he has done for gays and how little he has done for blacks.

32 posted on 1/27/2014 9:43:00 AM by Mr. K (If you like your constitution, you can keep it...Period.)

quote:

obama gave moochelle a birthday present of staying in hawaii and munching on rug, moochlle is returning the favor by giving him long john silver for his state of the union debacle.

68 posted on 1/27/2014 11:19:37 AM by USS Alaska (If I could...I would.)

quote:

The SS might have to shoot him if he “double dribbles” on the president!

65 posted on 1/27/2014 10:49:57 AM by mdmathis6 (American Christians can help America best by remembering that we are Heaven's citizens first!)

quote:

I’ve never understood the wisdom of the health concerns that cause near hysteria (and rightly so) over washing your hands after using the restroom using two pumps of soap and the hottest water you can stand and lathering for a full two minutes then rinsing for two minutes then using a paper towel to open the door so you don’t have to touch the door handle, and yet where’s the concern with homosexuals - both homosexuals and lesbians????

47 posted on 1/27/2014 9:58:08 AM by FrdmLvr ("WE ARE ALL OSAMA, 0BAMA!" al-Qaeda terrorists who breached the American compound in Benghazi)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Saudi Arabia already has the capability to acquire nuclear weapons if they want them, after all they provided funding for Pakistan's own nuclear weapons program with the understanding that weapons would be made available should SA request them. The Cold War is over so it's unlikely either Turkey or Germany are concerned with the threat of Russian attack, and Japan and South Korea already have more than enough military backing from the US's conventional forces.

Japan has repeatedly said nearly straight-out that they would build their own bombs if it weren't for us backing them up with ours, and South Korea would likely start a program of their own rather than be the one non-nuclear state caught between China, Japan, and the DPRK. Germany and Turkey might not go for it, but a unilateral abandonment of nuclear arms by the US would only serve to destabilize international politics.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Tias posted:

In addition to what DemeaninDemon said about his being a mediocre-bordering-on-average quarterback notable solely for being ostentatiously Christian, supposedly also his mother was advised to consider aborting him during her pregnancy due to some pretty serious health risks should she carry to term, but chose not to and was fortunate enough that the problems never manifested. Much is made of this by anti-choice types here, Tebow himself included, to belittle

concerns.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

kik2dagroin posted:

quote:

Every event in America has to be -centered- on homosexuality. The Russians might be civilizations only hope.

3 posted on 1/27/2014 9:22:24 AM by DesertRhino (I was standing with a rifle, waiting for soviet paratroopers, but communists just ran for office.)

If you consider systemic alcoholism and an oligarchy run like a crime syndicate to be civilization, sure.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Nessus posted:

In that period, actually paving the roads was probably a meaningful improvement in infrastructure.

It still is in some parts of Alabama. Seriosuly, our roads are pretty poo poo.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

If you consider systemic alcoholism and an oligarchy run like a crime syndicate to be civilization, sure.

I don't think you don't understand, gently caress the homos and not in that way (but secretly totally in that way).

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 28, 2014

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

I don't think you don't understand, gently caress the homos and not in that way (but secretly totally in that way).

Freep: All They Can Think About Is Anal Sex
Freep: All Gay All The Time
Freep: BLACK and GAY

They have a hell of a bulb the those projectors they're using.

Pong Daddy
Oct 12, 2012
The Gays are notoriously bad about washing their hands I guess?

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

LunarShadow posted:

It still is in some parts of Alabama. Seriosuly, our roads are pretty poo poo.

Hell, my dad still lives on a dirt road in Georgia and my mom campaigned for county commissioner in 1996 with a platform that really emphasized how many roads she was going to get paved. There are a lot of poor counties who can't afford to pave their roads all over the South. When it rains too much, they have to cancel school because the school buses can't go down the dirt roads.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Skinny King Pimp posted:

Hell, my dad still lives on a dirt road in Georgia and my mom campaigned for county commissioner in 1996 with a platform that really emphasized how many roads she was going to get paved. There are a lot of poor counties who can't afford to pave their roads all over the South. When it rains too much, they have to cancel school because the school buses can't go down the dirt roads.

Thats surprising for a non-US goon. How far are they from the nearest small town?

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

bpower posted:

Thats surprising for a non-US goon. How far are they from the nearest small town?

About 10-15 minutes to the grocery store in the closest town. It's about 30 minutes or so to get to the closest (very) small city, and an hour and a half to Atlanta. It's not really in the middle of nowhere, to be honest.

\/\/\/ Actually, they maintain most of them. The road I grew up on has a crown and ditches and is resurfaced regularly. Some of them are just really bad, though they might not have rain days anymore. It was 10-15 years ago that I was in school down there.

Skinny King Pimp fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 28, 2014

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

bpower posted:

It's hardly unique to the deep South, though perhaps the town he's referring to ignores/neglects maintenance of its dirt roads. My parents, who live five-ten minutes or so outside of town in Vermont, are still on dirt and come mud season each year it can get pretty drat messy, depending on how much snow there is and how fast it melts. We were hardly alone among, nor is it all uncommon these days, once you get outside of town proper and off the main roads.

Never known the schools to shut down over mud, though.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Just a heads-up re:Marlise Munoz, just because her fetus isn't currently viable, doesn't mean it wouldn't have been eventually. People are treating it like the fetus was already dead, but (in spite of almost certain major developmental disablilites) it could have potentially survived outside the womb if given more time.

What I'm saying is that the freepers literally want to use this dead woman as a human incubator. This is a point I didn't fully grasp at first.

But Rocks Hurt Head fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 28, 2014

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
gently caress, you really should have a road there.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bpower posted:

I live in a kinda dual city area where they are mashed together with a population of around 300k. There are still people living on dirt roads but it's the Desert so it basically never rains. You can get basically anywhere you want without using the dirt roads though minus actually getting to some houses. It was really odd coming from the East Coast where the most 'dirt road' kind of thing might be someone's driveway or driving to a state park/forest. They also beat the poo poo out of my car.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

bpower posted:

I grew up in Portland, OR. One of the cross streets near my house was a horribly pitted gravel road, it's still like that in fact.

Now that I think about it, a huge number of roads in my old neighborhood are like that. I honestly thought it was just really common in residential areas growing up. I grew up in a kinda bad neighborhood I guess.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Just a heads-up re:Marlise Munoz, just because her fetus isn't currently viable, doesn't mean it wouldn't have been eventually. People are treating it like the fetus was already dead, but (in spite of almost certain major developmental disablilites) it could have potentially survived outside the womb if given more time.

What I'm saying is that the freepers literally want to use this dead woman as a human incubator. This is a point I didn't fully grasp at first.

The fetus had no oxygen for up to an hour. It would be exactly as brain dead as the incubator even if they kept her "alive" for 30 more weeks.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

It may shock you, readers of the freep thread, to learn that the United States is in some ways unusually rural, even provincial!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I grew up in Portland, OR. One of the cross streets near my house was a horribly pitted gravel road, it's still like that in fact.

Now that I think about it, a huge number of roads in my old neighborhood are like that. I honestly thought it was just really common in residential areas growing up. I grew up in a kinda bad neighborhood I guess.

SE PDX still has plenty of unfinished roads that get talked about every so often but never really fixed. It's not even in bad neighborhoods, it's just common anywhere south of Powell/east of Sellwood.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

If there's one thing you can say about Freepers, they'll always find a point lower than rock bottom. Always more and always worse, indeed.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Pong Daddy posted:

The Gays are notoriously bad about washing their hands I guess?

Guess; Freeper is spotted leaving restroom at work without washing up and gets reported. He has to stay for "training" where the boss goes over the necessity/procedure/whatever for washing after using the toilet. Freeper now has a huge chip on his shoulder about it.

"I have to wash my hands just for going pee BUT GAYS DO BUTT STUFF. BUTT. STUFF. Do They have to wash before going to White House?? Wher is the soap an water obama were??"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

quote:

To: Dilbert San Diego
Lawrence v. Texas

That which is not forbidden shall be mandatory.

67 posted on 01/27/2014 9:07:35 AM PST by fwdude ( You cannot compromise with that which you must defeat.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies ]

That is the perfect distillation of all Conservative fears about gays, foreigners, other religions, women's rights, etc, etc. If they're not actively boot-stomping the necks of anyone who dares be different from them...then the Others will stomp them instead.

They literally cannot conceive of a person who just wants to live his life without forcing everyone else to conform too.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
Honestly I suspect the freepers are just excited. Brain dead women being used as incubators is probably their vision of utopia.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Honestly I suspect the freepers are just excited. Brain dead women being used as incubators is probably their vision of utopia.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I can sorta kinda see where they are coming from (and then watch as they pass me by and disappear into the distance), because it is a difficult ethical issue. If the baby was viable (which it isn't), then I for one would argue that at least the attempt should be made to continue life support in order to give it a chance. Obviously the family should be consulted, but if a pregnant woman suffers brain death, and if it is medically feasible, then the default should be to keep her on life support. I mean, she is already dead, so she probably doesn't care either way. And if she hadn't planned on getting an abortion, then it would be logical to presume that she would have wanted the child to be born alive in the first place.

Obviously, this doesn't apply to this case, since the fetus isn't viable and probably won't ever be since it suffered from prolonged oxygen deprivation. The family wants her off life support, and frankly it is disgusting that freepers imply that the widower just wants her and the child gone because he loves the idea of losing both of them.

I just find "using a dead woman as an incubator" to be a rather harsh and inaccurate description of the problem. Not that freepers ever paid it as much mind, it was just a reflex from the Terry Shivago case, now with an extra abortion on top.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Religious fundamentalists bent on conquering the universe via twisted morality using women as nothing more than biological grow-tanks? Well, I never.

I think I like the Bene Tleilax analogy even more than the Dalek one. This bit of atrocity just puts it over the top.

IrritationX
May 5, 2004

Bitch, what you don't know about me I can just about squeeze in the Grand fucking Canyon.

ArchangeI posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I can sorta kinda see where they are coming from (and then watch as they pass me by and disappear into the distance), because it is a difficult ethical issue. If the baby was viable (which it isn't), then I for one would argue that at least the attempt should be made to continue life support in order to give it a chance. Obviously the family should be consulted, but if a pregnant woman suffers brain death, and if it is medically feasible, then the default should be to keep her on life support. I mean, she is already dead, so she probably doesn't care either way. And if she hadn't planned on getting an abortion, then it would be logical to presume that she would have wanted the child to be born alive in the first place.

Obviously, this doesn't apply to this case, since the fetus isn't viable and probably won't ever be since it suffered from prolonged oxygen deprivation. The family wants her off life support, and frankly it is disgusting that freepers imply that the widower just wants her and the child gone because he loves the idea of losing both of them.

I just find "using a dead woman as an incubator" to be a rather harsh and inaccurate description of the problem. Not that freepers ever paid it as much mind, it was just a reflex from the Terry Shivago case, now with an extra abortion on top.

When this story first came out, multiple family members came forward saying that life support was not an option she wanted, period. The only question left unanswered was if that was changed by being pregnant. Since the baby wasn't viable, that evaporated. Just goes to show that sometimes when you're discussing these things with loved ones, you need to dig a little deeper to see what, if anything, could change their mind, so you can fully understand their wishes. If that question had been asked, this whole situation and all of the surrounding controversy could've been avoided.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

It may shock you, readers of the freep thread, to learn that the United States is in some ways unusually rural, even provincial!

Well, my dad is a folk musician and showed me a lot of photos and movies growing up, I'd say one gets a pretty varied view of the states. I always knew the appalachians were hosed, but watching Winter's Bone made me get into reading about it a bit, and holy poo poo it's depressing stuff :(

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I grew up in the western foothills of the Appalachians. It was pretty much poverty all the way around. More than 95% of the kids I grew up with got free school lunches from the USDA. This is why it pisses me off so much when certain Congressmen complain about "welfare cheats" when it's 90% likely that either someone in their immediate family or an immediate neighbor got government help from some program or another.

And now the "in thing to do" is to strip their food stamps.

gently caress that.

There's currently a boom in fracking jobs in the region, but what happens in ten years when there's nothing left to extract out of the earth and they've poisoned the aquifers and wells? Are those corporations still going to still pay for kids to go to college?

The place I grew up in is going to be a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It wasn't a great place to be before Marcellus Shale moved in, but now it's just going to be even more of a blight on the land. I knew lots of people who got their water from wells "off the grid". What are they gonna do when fracking fucks up their water supply?

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

skaboomizzy posted:

I grew up in the western foothills of the Appalachians. It was pretty much poverty all the way around. More than 95% of the kids I grew up with got free school lunches from the USDA. This is why it pisses me off so much when certain Congressmen complain about "welfare cheats" when it's 90% likely that either someone in their immediate family or an immediate neighbor got government help from some program or another.

And now the "in thing to do" is to strip their food stamps.

gently caress that.

There's currently a boom in fracking jobs in the region, but what happens in ten years when there's nothing left to extract out of the earth and they've poisoned the aquifers and wells? Are those corporations still going to still pay for kids to go to college?

The place I grew up in is going to be a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It wasn't a great place to be before Marcellus Shale moved in, but now it's just going to be even more of a blight on the land. I knew lots of people who got their water from wells "off the grid". What are they gonna do when fracking fucks up their water supply?

What's going to happen? This.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201401170030

They don't give a rat's rear end.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Badera posted:

What's going to happen? This.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201401170030

They don't give a rat's rear end.

This. :psyduck: This is a thing of beauty! libertarianism.txt

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So, anything from Freep about Palin sticking up for McCain?

Oh, please say they're going to RINO Saint Sarah.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Ukraine PM resigns: Government

quote:

To: Berlin_Freeper
Proving once again that governments can take away guns, but they can’t take away fire. Burn every government building down and even the most stubborn despots get the picture.

9 posted on 1/28/2014 4:16:48 AM by txrefugee

quote:

To: txrefugee
They have gun rights in Ukraine. “500,000 registered gun owners in Kiev” were a special point in verbal propaganda pushed by the protesters on police via loudspeakers.

12 posted on 1/28/2014 5:43:33 AM by cunning_fish
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Rapscallion
Too bad we Americans have traded safety for freedom and equality for slavery.

13 posted on 1/28/2014 6:05:19 AM by Solson (The Voters stole the election! And the establishment wants it back.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]
Right? The shackles of my heterosexual whiteness are so overbearing since the Kenyan Muslim Usurper illegally seized power :negative:

quote:

To: Berlin_Freeper
And we hear nothing of this from the MSM. They are all just consumed by tonight’s propaganda decrees by our Dear Reader.

14 posted on 1/28/2014 6:10:11 AM by mazda77
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

To: mazda77
It’s not gay enough.

18 posted on 01/28/2014 6:02:28 AM PST by ecomcon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies ]
:rolleyes:

quote:

To: Jimmy Valentine
Obama would have been shooting already. Putin is showing forbearance.

19 posted on 1/28/2014 8:03:09 AM by 1010RD (First, Do No Harm)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]
----------------------
Obama to lay out go-it-alone approach in big speech (Announcement of his coup-d'etat)

Reuters posted:

President Barack Obama will lay out a strategy for getting around a divided Congress and boosting middle-class prosperity on Tuesday in a State of the Union speech that reflects some scaled-back legislative ambitions after a difficult year.

Obama will make clear in his 9 p.m. EST address that he is willing to bypass U.S. lawmakers and go it alone in some areas by announcing a series of executive actions that do not require congressional approval.

White House officials said Obama will announce new executive actions on retirement security and job training to help middle-class workers expand economic opportunity.

"In this year of action, the president will seek out as many opportunities as possible to work with Congress in a bipartisan way. But when American jobs and livelihoods depend on getting something done, he will not wait for Congress," Obama senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer said in an email to supporters sketching out the themes of the speech.

With three years left in office, Obama has effectively reduced for now his ambitions for grand legislative actions.

quote:

His announcement of this is grounds for impeachment, and then his civil trial for high treason.
Though I can't stomach hearing this Mussolini wannabe's voice, watching to see which Repubicans give him an ovation when he makes this statement may be worth it.

Just may have to take some Phenergan before the speech.

1 posted on 1/28/2014 4:10:48 AM by markomalley
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: markomalley
Who else went it alone...uhm....was it this guy or this guy...and how did that work out for their nations...
[napoleon.jpg][:hitler:.jpg]
3 posted on 1/28/2014 4:18:36 AM by BCW (Salva reipublicae)

quote:

...by announcing a series of executive actions

That's all this guy does is make executive orders to bypass the constitution. He knows the president is not supposed to make laws, but he's clearly shown his disdain for the Constitution, calling it a flawed document containing only negative liberties. That is, liberties given to the people instead of the government.
4 posted on 01/28/2014 2:18:39 AM PST by Telepathic Intruder (The only thing the Left has learned from the failures of socialism is not to call it that)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Telepathic Intruder
A couple years ago, I confronted my Tea Party congressman Steve Southerland (FL-2) about Obama’s illegal appointments to the NLRB and CFPB.
I was informed that “policy disputes” did not rise to the level of impeachment.

Southerland will hold a local town meeting this coming weekend. Absent a change in his attitude, I just may sit out the mid-term election. Why bother to vote if all power is in the hands of El Presidente?

11 posted on 01/28/2014 2:28:07 AM PST by Jacquerie (Restore federalism and freedom. Repeal the 17th.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Jacquerie
Not voting is how we got the DICKTATOR AGAIN!! Purists are not lifting a hand to stop the DESTRUCTION and TAKEOVER of America......THANKS, Purists.

43 posted on 01/28/2014 4:05:53 AM PST by Ann Archy (Abortion......the Human Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies ]
Hahahahahaha smacked down by your own insane Tea Party rep? Oh freep :allears:

quote:

To: Ann Archy
You say purist like it’s a bad thing. It’s bad to reject the amnesty loving, homosexual tolerating, healthcare overhauling Democrat lights at the GOPe?

We’re heading toward destruction regardless of who is chosen for us to vote for. GOPe or Democrats, both parties are taking us down the road to socialism. The only difference is that one party is driving a little faster. I’d rather my young children see their mother fighting for what is right, instead of them having to fight this battle in the future.

Since we’re name calling now, I dub you the Socialist Enabler.

63 posted on 1/28/2014 6:39:23 AM by goodwithagun (My gun has killed fewer people than Ted Kennedy's car.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 51 | View Replies]

quote:

The Clown’s numbers indicate he is not popular with the masses....His announcement that he wants to rule by dictate will only hurt him and his party (read “Hitlery”) in the long (and short) run.

He is doing this because his ideology is failing....He counted on the economy being better no matter how much he plundered from the private sector. That isn’t happening, Americans KNOW he is failing, and he refuses to acknowledge the truth.

His grasps for fascist leader-like power is desperation. Heck, did you see that poll on Obamacare? 30%.of DEMOCRATS in that poll want it repealed.

20 posted on 1/28/2014 4:43:16 AM by SoFloFreeper

quote:

The undocumented Indonesian Tyrant by Fraud SPEAKS.

34 posted on 1/28/2014 5:47:29 AM by Diogenesis

quote:

To: sergeantdave
Yep, the framers feared tyranny. We are beyond tyranny and have become a police state. Obama's surveillance abilities are the stuff of Stasi dreams.
Only the hollow shell, the outward form of our republic remains. Both the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire had a Senate. In the republic the Senate was lawgiver, while in the empire it was the emperor's rubber stamp.

Dingy Harry's senate is just that. It exists to condone Obama, to give the aura of legitimacy to Obama's diktats.

So yes, we must go around our oppressors in DC, and get our state legislators to do their duty.

88 posted on 1/28/2014 8:41:19 AM by Jacquerie (Restore federalism and freedom. Repeal the 17th.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 82 | View Replies]
Yes, the productive Congress of the United States of America who recently passed repressive legislation such as

quote:

They should have Sarah Palin do the Republican response. Bam!
9 posted on 1/28/2014 4:22:22 AM by McGruff (How's that Hopey Changey Thingy workin out for ya?)

quote:

To: McGruff
Sarah Palin would be my first choice.

Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (WA-05) will deliver the Republican Address to the Nation. She will show the nation the Republicans have no war on women, which will be the siren call by the Hildebeast when she runs for President. Rodgers will be fantastic.

44 posted on 1/28/2014 6:07:22 AM by jonrick46 (The opium of Communists: other people's money.)

quote:

To: jonrick46
I’d rather see Rush do it, that would make heads explode. It would be worth it just to hear them whine.

96 posted on 1/28/2014 9:42:08 AM by Resolute Conservative
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]
I am cool with either of those choices. Palin for maximum hilarity, Limbaugh for maximal racism

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

legoman727 posted:

So, anything from Freep about Palin sticking up for McCain?

Oh, please say they're going to RINO Saint Sarah.

Thread is here: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3116460/posts

Some of them are, in fact! :getin:

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

To: McGruff
Sarah Palin would be my first choice.

Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (WA-05) will deliver the Republican Address to the Nation. She will show the nation the Republicans have no war on women, which will be the siren call by the Hildebeast when she runs for President. Rodgers will be fantastic.

44 posted on 1/28/2014 6:07:22 AM by jonrick46 (The opium of Communists: other people's money.)

Great way to illustrate your point there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Very few, actually. It's a whole lot of 'oh Sarah I'm so sorry to criticize you but MAYBE McLame sucks?' posting.

It took all of one reply to call McCain a Nazi:

quote:

Moderator, please fix title.

It should read:

Gov. Palin: Sen. McCain Dedicated to National Socialism
2 posted on Monday, January 27, 2014 10:44:58 PM by null and void (We need to shake this snowglobe up.)

quote:

I have to agree.

C’mon, Sarah! Your debt is paid to this anti-conservative ... human. You don’t need to keep helping this man. Enough, already! Don’t you have enough knives in your back from this clown and his staff? Where was his voice in your defense when you were being attacked unmercifully after the 2008 election, being blamed for his loss? Haven’t you been shivved enough? To McLame, you are a “wacko bird” and a Tea Party hobbit. He is part of the problem, the GOPe that will stop at nothing to keep people like you and Ted Cruz and Mike Lee and other rock-solid conservatives from trying to wrest away their minute power.

Stop, Sarah, Stop!

12 posted on Monday, January 27, 2014 10:56:09 PM by Sister_T (So, ACA is the law of the land? Remember: DADT and DOMA were the laws of the land! Repeal ACA!)

quote:

"and then more eyes will be open to see how dangerous an Obama-led retreating America is in this volatile world"

Spoken like a true neocon
22 posted on Monday, January 27, 2014 11:07:02 PM by who_would_fardels_bear

A rare actual criticism of St. Palin:

quote:

“Sarah just ratcheted herself down a few notches”

More than just a few with me. Until she’s willing to cut the string with McLame, I would not vote for her for dog catcher. In some perverted way, she continues to think that she “owes” McLame something, when in point of fact he owes her big time. Her “loyalty” defies all reason.

35 posted on Monday, January 27, 2014 11:21:21 PM by vette6387

:tinfoil:

quote:

Possibly McCain has continued to help Sarah in some unknown form or fashion, given the way his family and his campaign used her and abused her. He may now regret putting her through the meat grinder.

Who knows? Her dad has had IRS breathing down his neck. Maybe John got something done on the dad’s behalf. Something private like that. It’s possible.

Otherwise, the regular bi-annual word kisses thrown to McCain are inexplicable.

However, I would love to have $5 for every time she uses the word “articulate”.

36 posted on Monday, January 27, 2014 11:22:17 PM by RitaOK ( VIVA CHRISTO REY / Public education is the farm team for more Marxists coming.)

Most of them have decided that :fap:THEIR SARAH:fap: has deigned to be friends with McCain despite the fact that he's an obvious RINO because she's just such a GOOD PERSON.

quote:

My thoughts?

You really want MY thought?

John McCain is God blessed by Sarah Palin's friendship, which exists despite his political faults and vast differences with hers, like she pointed out in her tribute to the Anniversary of the signing of 1973 the Paris Peace Accords.
51 posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:07:09 AM by onyx (Please Support Free Republic - Donate Monthly! If you want on Sarah Palin's Ping List, Let Me know!)

quote:

You’re precisely right, sweet palin45potus.

I had the honor and pure delight of meeting Sarah Palin in person last December 7!

I’d be shocked to my very soul had she written off John McCain for some political disagreements short of another WBTS!

61 posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:24:00 AM by onyx (Please Support Free Republic - Donate Monthly! If you want on Sarah Palin's Ping List, Let Me know!)

Of course you do:

quote:

I think this is Sarah’s first indication of her intent to run for President in 2016.

99 posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:00:10 AM by eCSMaster ("It is not the color of his skin, ... it is the blackness that fills his soul")

• Locked thread