Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

God dammit MSNBC...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

I want Arizona to throw a fit about this.

I need to watch The Goldbergs and Brooklyn Nine-Nine more. I guess there's some stigma in my mind towards network TV.

I ended up binge watching The Following. How the gently caress did that happen?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

God dammit MSNBC...
More like all cable news media.

And Ted Cruz continues to be the senator Texas deserves.

To be fair, ambassador posts have always been filled via patronage.

:devil: Hail Satan :devil:

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 28, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Did... did that motherfucker actually say that Obama caused the shutdown?
The same guy who made that poo poo the hill he was willing to die on?

These guys really just try whenever they can to say the craziest poo poo just to see who will believe it, don't they?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Wow...how do you recover from that if your the pope?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Y-Hat posted:

And Ted Cruz continues to be the senator Texas deserves.

No one deserves self-harm :smith:

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013

BigRed0427 posted:

Excommunicate the crow and seagull?

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

raditts posted:

Did... did that motherfucker actually say that Obama caused the shutdown?
The same guy who made that poo poo the hill he was willing to die on?

These guys really just try whenever they can to say the craziest poo poo just to see who will believe it, don't they?
The government shutdown was all the poo poo and the Republicans were high-fiving each other when it happened. Then the stock market took a dive and the general public hated it so obviously it suddenly became Obama's fault for causing it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Has there ever been a Jewish sitcom family? I guess that's why I gravitate towards it.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Jon Stewart really needs to break down how retarded that HR Block commercial is, on the subject of dumb poo poo that needs to get covered on this show.

BigRed0427 posted:

What happened? I missed it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The Goldbergs is a great show. Watch it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I don't think his character on The Goldbergs is an act.

Also I think I know that Bagels A Go-Go. But it's not on 72nd, it's a few blocks north.

Zero One posted:

I've heard it called "Patton Oswalt's The Wonder Years." Not like that's a bad thing.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Zero One posted:

Really? I haven't seen it but thought it looked absolutely terrible from the previews I'd seen, and this interview has really cemented that idea for me. I can give it a try though, I guess.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

JohnSherman posted:

Jon Stewart really needs to break down how retarded that HR Block commercial is, on the subject of dumb poo poo that needs to get covered on this show.

What happened? I missed it.

The doves the pope released as a sign of peace got attacked by a crow and a seagull.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

BigRed0427 posted:

Station crossbowmen in the pulpit from now on.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

OneTwentySix posted:

Really? I haven't seen it but thought it looked absolutely terrible from the previews I'd seen, and this interview has really cemented that idea for me. I can give it a try though, I guess.

There is a thread for it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3573092

The older son is one of the best characters on TV right now.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The NFL is loving ridiculous.

e: Holy poo poo that graphic.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

raditts posted:

Seriously, the Romans treated their gladiators better than the NFL does to their players.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

One other thing about The Goldbergs: The mom is played by the blonde cop from Reno 911.

Oh come on Stephen, you're better than a "Superb Owl" joke.

raditts posted:

I can't help but laugh when I see those Eli Manning commercials for that watch for multiple reasons, one of them being that he has New York Giants colors but no logo.

Speaking of the Giants, Justin Tuck :woop:

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 28, 2014

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
^ ^ ^ The Hell he isn't. :colbert: ^ ^ ^

raditts posted:

e: Holy poo poo that graphic.

I'm honestly waiting for the day they manage to land a trademark for "The Big Game" too, so we'll eventually hear commercials saying,
"Are you ready for the football event this weekend?

Wait...they'll trademark the word football...

"Get all your snacks for the Ball Thing this Sunday!"

...then they'll trademark Sunday. :negative:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

gently caress these people for booing Sherman

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

They cut off Erin Andrews saying "No one's talking about you"

By the way, a Boston sports radio program called Sherman a thug 12 times in 2 minutes, which isn't surprising given the city's storied history of sports racism.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Wait, they were allowed to show that?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

achillesforever6 posted:

I'd never seen that extra clip before, he was totally justified in calling out Crabtree.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Oh what the gently caress, he got FINED for that?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

raditts posted:

I'd never seen that extra clip before, he was totally justified in calling out Crabtree.

Yea it's nuts how the actual context makes it super clear he's just a normal dude who got hosed with and got pissed off. Gee I wonder why no one shows that extra clip before going into rants about how he's a dumb dirty thug.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Hahahahah Colbert using the whole "No you calling me a racist, makes YOU the real racist."

God what a stupid fine, the NFL really likes to be the No Fun League by getting rid of taunting and having fun. Why did they do that?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea it's nuts how the actual context makes it super clear he's just a normal dude who got hosed with and got pissed off. Gee I wonder why no one shows that extra clip before going into rants about how he's a dumb dirty thug.
Let it also be known he was nearly a valedictorian at his high school and went to Stanford, but he's a scary loud black man so that must mean he's a dumb nig- thug!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

I don't think he got fined for the postgame interview. Either way, taunting penalties and fines for being unsportsmanlike are bullshit. Athletes shouldn't be expected to be gentlemen at all times.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Not to mention that it happened right after an intense game and his adrenaline was probably through the roof.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Yeah that was pretty dumb, but I wonder how much of a hit was fine really was compare to how much he's actually payed?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

^ ^ ^ The Hell he isn't. :colbert: ^ ^ ^

I'm honestly waiting for the day they manage to land a trademark for "The Big Game" too, so we'll eventually hear commercials saying,
"Are you ready for the football event this weekend?

Wait...they'll trademark the word football...

"Get all your snacks for the Ball Thing this Sunday!"

...then they'll trademark Sunday. :negative:

Maybe they'll just co-opt the XFL's "Big Game at the End" name.
Did the XFL even last long enough to get to that game?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A few weeks ago, weren't people complaining about wussification at the mere suggestion that what that Incognito guy did was not okay?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Hahahahah Colbert using the whole "No you calling me a racist, makes YOU the real racist."

God what a stupid fine, the NFL really likes to be the No Fun League by getting rid of taunting and having fun. Why did they do that?

The kids I guess? My dad coaches middle school football and he punishes kids who talk trash or anything like that with extra laps at practice.

raditts posted:

Maybe they'll just co-opt the XFL's "Big Game at the End" name.
Did the XFL even last long enough to get to that game?

They did actually.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Not to mention that it happened right after an intense game and his adrenaline was probably through the roof.
Peyton Manning on the other hand has become the new Great White Hope and has the emotion of a loving robot!

Also was there a Grammy thread here? I couldn't find it.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Friendly reminder that Macklemore cut the actual gay person out of his song for a Madonna cameo.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

I don't think he got fined for the postgame interview. Either way, taunting penalties and fines for being unsportsmanlike are bullshit. Athletes shouldn't be expected to be gentlemen at all times.

I demand some geniality in my sports where people slam against each other violently for three hours and permanently maim themselves and others, thank you very much :colbert:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

404GoonNotFound posted:

Friendly reminder that Macklemore cut the actual gay person out of his song for a Madonna cameo.

And bit the beat to Thrift Shop from an actual gay black artist.

I fuckin hate Macklemore so much, also his album sucked and only won because of the gay song, gently caress that.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Halfway to an EGOT! :toot:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Yay! :neckbeard:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Are those words pregnant? They ought to be, because I just nailed them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

The kids I guess? My dad coaches middle school football and he punishes kids who talk trash or anything like that with extra laps at practice.
Maybe its just me or I like going by the law of what is best in life... I'm a terrible sport.

• Locked thread