Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

I thought this looked familiar! It's Borden's Andrew Dobson! And you even gave him a hat! And hair extensions!

link if you don't have archives: http://i.imgur.com/NcyHt.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

This week's strips have the Judge stealing a stop sign and spray-painting his name on a national monument.

9 Chickweed Lane

Now that we know what her nightmare is, can anybody tell us how Paige Turner first met Amos?

You could always try reading this story from the beginning. That'll put anyone into a lengthy coma.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Man I hate Brooke. Did he ever admit he's a smut purveyor? Because he had the older Burber straddling her man in one of those old strips we are tortured with.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Moto Punch posted:

Some of his earlier non-wee pals work is featured here : http://museumofuncutfunk.com/2013/12/14/the-morrie-turner-exhibition
Definetly worth a look at his work intended for a more mature audience.

Hokey smokes, some of these are amazing. So long, Morrie Turner. You were one of a kind.

Luann

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

That's a pretty drat good Adam Smith, Ralph.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (January 16th 2007)

Doonesbury

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
[b]Modesty Blaise - The Gallows Bird]/b]

Combination "Best available source" problems in the books again plus a few scanning problems at the start here, sorry. Should be a little clearer soon I hope. Anyway Modesty and Willie waste no time getting into trouble again I see.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
An ABC promo for the 1972 "Kid Power" show, based on "Wee Pals". If the animation style didn't tip you off, it was produced by Rankin-Bass. They farmed out the production to Topcraft in Japan, which more or less morphed into Studio Ghibli later on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bETX1PW6bfQ

Fun fact: Connie was voiced by April Winchell, her first voice acting role. Currently she's Sylvia on "Wander Over Yonder"

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 28, 2014

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

And today Comics Kingdom introduces the new kid on the block,

Johnny Hazard

Evidently already in progress, even though this is the first day it's up.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

drat.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

bonestructure posted:

Aww, Morrie. :( You were a standup guy, Mr Turner, godspeed.

Am I reading this wrong or is Prince Valiant standing on that guy's nuts?

He's standing on the inside of the knees. If he leans forward he'll break his legs.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

:drat:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Mister Beeg posted:

An ABC promo for the 1972 "Kid Power" show, based on "Wee Pals". If the animation style didn't tip you off, it was produced by Rankin-Bass. They farmed out the production to Topcraft in Japan, which more or less morphed into Studio Ghibli later on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bETX1PW6bfQ

Fun fact: Connie was voiced by April Winchell, her first voice acting role. Currently she's Sylvia on "Wander Over Yonder"

Is there any chance you have a source for his "Humor in Hue" one panel strip that was showcased in that museum link?

Like this one:

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Nah, that one's just 'wow'. This one is 'drat':

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

She might have a point. I know Jet Force Gemini gave me all sorts of nightmares.

Retail

You missed the after Christmas sales by a few weeks and if you were a really hardcore bargain hunter you'd join the rest of the world and shop online anyway.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

It's like a love triangle but with lukewarm friendships.

Dustin

They need that money to upgrade their computer systems from the 80s CRT tech they're using.

On the Fastrack

Uh, we're talking about a professional programmer. The correct response is, "what girlfriends?"

Safe Havens

Little do they know Dave's been doctoring the images on the fly before sending them.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Presto posted:

Holy gently caress.

And I thought that Treyvon strip was good.

God drat it, God, you took Morrie, yet Gilchrist and McEldowney continue to live?

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Presto posted:

The world is a lesser place today.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Gil's mom is a killjoy

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Lio feels the way I do about South Park.

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

A most excellent parrot!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Radio Patrol

SMOKOS! For SMOKING!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Fok_it

If there's no fast Internet in heaven, I might just as well go to hell.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The way Tommie is handling that deer, I expect her to get Lyme disease pretty soon.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

Uh, we're talking about a professional programmer. The correct response is, "what girlfriends?"

Oh, I don't know about that. That's pretty much exactly the way I met my wife. :v:

:psyduck: Meds, Boyce. Take your meds. You can do this.

Jane's World

This should be interesting. I don't think we've ever met Jane's Mom before.

Non Sequitur

Ok, :ughh: in a funny way, I guess.

Heavenly Nostrils

:v:

Kliban's Cats

That's a drat fine sweater. :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 1/28/2003

Jesus, Brooke, go jack off or something. This is getting old.

Zits

:ughh:

Kevin & Kell

What? A filter? To filter what? What does this even mean, Holbrook?

Nemi

So, this "removal" of Ben Affleck is really a thing?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (January 31, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

The Dinkles take a holiday from misery, but mutual embarrassment takes no time off.

Popeye

Olive, true to form, walked home from the ambush without the kid. Unless she's holding him by the hand.

Rip Haywire reaches the final boss.

Pogo (January 31, 1956)

Out Our Way (May 2-3, 1924)

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Had a few things I planned to do once I got caught up with the thread, but unfortunately, one of them acquired priority along the way. The rest, after some rest.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Jane's World

This should be interesting. I don't think we've ever met Jane's Mom before.

Okay Paige, this is funny. It's entertaining. I want to keep reading it. Now don't cut away to CIA Lesbian's current problems, don't do a flashback to Jane 4 girlfriends ago, just keep the story going.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Julet Esqu posted:

Hokey smokes, some of these are amazing. So long, Morrie Turner. You were one of a kind.

Agreed--just brutal. More so that a lot of 'em only need a word or two changed, if that, to be current.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin's Winter Follies

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Clever, very clever

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

I almost never "get" this strip.

Monty

Mike du Jour

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ham Shears January 8, 2014

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Everett True
March 11 & 13, 1918

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Presto posted:

The one I posted hit me because you could run it today, with no changes except for adding 50 to the years. But this isn't the political cartoon thread so

Geese will gently caress you up, and then probably rape you. They are vicious beasts.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Kammat posted:

[b]Modesty Blaise - The Gallows Bird]/b]

Combination "Best available source" problems in the books again plus a few scanning problems at the start here, sorry. Should be a little clearer soon I hope. Anyway Modesty and Willie waste no time getting into trouble again I see.

I am SURE I've seen an alternate strip for the first section where Modesty calls Willie; in the other one, Willie's shushing a woman who's with him... maybe I'm going nuts, but the way he's currently shushing nothing at all just... rings a faint bell with me that that isn;t how it is supposed to be.

Serious bummer re. Turner. He seemed a drat good egg.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Of all the pet names Lola might have had for Opus, 'Sweet Pea' is not what I'd expect.

Calvin And Hobbes

Café con Leche, "created by Charlos Gary, is about an interracial couple getting to know each other's African-American and Latina cultural background."

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

The Creeps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Samovar posted:

I am SURE I've seen an alternate strip for the first section where Modesty calls Willie; in the other one, Willie's shushing a woman who's with him... maybe I'm going nuts, but the way he's currently shushing nothing at all just... rings a faint bell with me that that isn;t how it is supposed to be.

You're not crazy! The opening of this book noted that Gallows Bird was censored in quite a few strips, including Willie having a friend in bed in the opening strip. This is only a year or two after having Modesty go full frontal, so having to redo the strips was a bit puzzling for the team. I'll scan that tonight.

• Locked thread