Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

jerkstoresup posted:

If mumble/skype/teamspeak/ventrilo/etc didn't exist, it'd be awesome to see a multiplayer game where dead people lose communication. But they do, so that game doesn't exist.

well I mean esea pugs used to be like that and it's just frustrating because you die and then all of a sudden there's all this valuable intel that you can't do anything with.

I guess in a game that was more simmy like arma it'd be cool, and I'm sure there's even some groups who frown upon deadtalking already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ESEA could develop a TS plugin for people with such need. I.e. a bot that mutes you depending on your status in CS.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
The point is if they did that people would just use Vent/Mumble to work around it. Allowing everyone to talk is really the only fair way to go about it.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

kalstrams posted:

ESEA could develop a TS plugin for people with such need. I.e. a bot that mutes you depending on your status in CS.

People use TS? What is this? 2007?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Fat Lou posted:

TS3 is way better than vent, and imo better than mumble

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
RogerWilco or nothing.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

mcvey posted:

RogerWilco or nothing.

Just took a mental time machine back to 1999.

Also, I go from talking when dead to just typing. It is still as effective if you're a quick typist.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

mcvey posted:

What other strategic round based shooters does this? I can't think of any. It's crazy to not want that in CS. ESEA did it for CSGO in its PUG games and it sucked.

My only complaint is that the deathcam lasts about twice as long as it should. That or make it so your deathcam never leaves your perspective so in 90% of cases you're just looking at the sky/ground.

Turk February posted:

Also, I go from talking when dead to just typing. It is still as effective if you're a quick typist.

I almost never read text chat while I'm still alive. I already get killed too much for glancing at my radar.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fat Lou posted:

Another Ventriloid ?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I think CS:GO needs to add DK mode.

edit: Pretty much all the GoldenEye 'cheats' should be in imo

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

astr0man posted:

Also, you actually saw the CT defusing when you started to move out of the site to avoid the bomb blast.

Its easy to say that in retrospect when the person is outlined in blue and you can see them through walls. There's a reason why the game gives you audio clues, and my heaphones decided to spontaneously drop the treble.

Also, I'm new. But yeah, thanks. I'll be more careful watching smoke'd sites.

Again, there WAS another T alive. So you can't even put this all on me. He had working heaphones!

Babyface Mingo posted:

rofl and onto the list of "people to last pick" zaphod goes, right next to pengy and mcvey.

Oh I was already on that list, sir :cheeky:

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 28, 2014

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

.ghosts

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Zaphod42 posted:

Again, there WAS another T alive. So you can't even put this all on me. He had working heaphones!

And he was shooting at the CT as you ran by! But really it's not that big of a deal, and dumber things have happened in goonmans :)

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

astr0man posted:

And he was shooting at the CT as you ran by! But really it's not that big of a deal, and dumber things have happened in goonmans :)

Cent's ninja defuse on mill leading to a comeback from 1 - 14 is still amazing.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

interrodactyl posted:

Cent's ninja defuse on mill leading to a comeback from 1 - 14 is still amazing.

Cent needs to stop being a Dota bumb and play CS again. I miss hearing him say "WHAAAAAAAAT" after getting owned.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

teagone posted:

Cent needs to stop being a Dota bumb and play CS again. I miss hearing him say "WHAAAAAAAAT" after getting owned.

My favorite WHAAAAAT was when I accidentally shot him in the head while he was defusing at A on dust2 during a pistol round. I was halfway down long and just shot for the hell of it, thinking it would only do a bit of damage but nope, got him right in the face and killed him halfway into his defuse.

The best part was he had a little laugh right before I shot and it instantly changed gears into WHAAAAAAAAAAT WHYYYY. :allears:

Good times.

#comehomeCent

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Dota 2 is terrible anyway. Come back to the Goonmans Cent.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
#comehomecent

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
My favorite Cent moments happened during a match on de_nuke where we were on opposing teams, and I ended up owning him by complete luck both times.

First time was I was on T in lobby just watching the CT connector to radio room, and I just barely had my cross hair in between two walls so I could just barely be able to see if someone pushed. Well, he decided to push and I one shot him before he even saw me. I felt very proud and knew he had uttered either of his trademark "WHHHHAAATTTT" or "WHATEVER", because how could he not?

Second time was after we had switched sides and I was watching B ramp with an app and smoked the corridor to radio room, and then I just began firing bullshit app shots for the hell of it. Lo and behold, one of those bullets took off his head. Again I had no confirmation of his trademarks, but I knew he had said at least one of them.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
In case there is still demo recording going on, the round that just ended from de_cbble had an amazing first-half where the T team just did ridiculous retarded poo poo for 15 rounds, including a 5-man porta-potty camp.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

Cuntpunch posted:

In case there is still demo recording going on, the round that just ended from de_cbble had an amazing first-half where the T team just did ridiculous retarded poo poo for 15 rounds, including a 5-man porta-potty camp.

Lets not fail to mention that it worked spectacularly. That poor CT never saw it coming.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Please tell me there's footage.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Turk February posted:

My favorite Cent moments happened during a match on de_nuke where we were on opposing teams, and I ended up owning him by complete luck both times.

First time was I was on T in lobby just watching the CT connector to radio room, and I just barely had my cross hair in between two walls so I could just barely be able to see if someone pushed. Well, he decided to push and I one shot him before he even saw me. I felt very proud and knew he had uttered either of his trademark "WHHHHAAATTTT" or "WHATEVER", because how could he not?

Second time was after we had switched sides and I was watching B ramp with an app and smoked the corridor to radio room, and then I just began firing bullshit app shots for the hell of it. Lo and behold, one of those bullets took off his head. Again I had no confirmation of his trademarks, but I knew he had said at least one of them.

Just reminds me of one shotting him three times in a row with a scout at mid on Mirage that time.

"wtf did they buff scout"

lol nope :smugdog:

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Please tell me there's footage.

I got it for the next Goonvid.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I want to play goonmans but I don't want to end up on Fat Lou's YouTube channel.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I want to play goonmans but I don't want to end up on Fat Lou's YouTube channel.

Joke's on you, it's a badge of honor at this point.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I still haven't been featured. I've been in them as a teammate or already dead though.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Then, you should just play like a painfully average player without any cool or stupid plays. :colbert:

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

My main motivation for playing in goonmans is the chance to be in his videos.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
But I'd like to think that if someone missed a 360 noscope five feet behind me I'd notice, but I bet that guy thought the same thing!

But as soon as I learn the calls I'll likely hop in to get yelled at.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Fat Lou posted:

I got it for the next Goonvid.
Speaking of the next Goonvid, you need to come on Steam so I can tell you about a couple of rounds that need to be included in it.

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003
Ace video. Note that the last shot is crouching, not running.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

aksuur posted:

Ace video. Note that the last shot is crouching, not running.

p much the definition of a running AWP shot, nice ace regardless

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Coleman posted:

Speaking of the next Goonvid, you need to come on Steam so I can tell you about a couple of rounds that need to be included in it.

That pincer attack on toscan owned.

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003

down with slavery posted:

p much the definition of a running AWP shot, nice ace regardless

Thanks! I ran up to the shot but the crouch improved the accuracy, I wasn't running through the shot.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

aksuur posted:

Thanks! I ran up to the shot but the crouch improved the accuracy, I wasn't running through the shot.

Crouching for a millisecond the replay can't even pick up while you're running doesn't make it not a running awp shot

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003

down with slavery posted:

Crouching for a millisecond the replay can't even pick up while you're running doesn't make it not a running awp shot

Guess I'm just too fast for the camera :hellyeah:

aksuur fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 30, 2014

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I'm a running awp shot

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Highlight of the night in unranked matchmaking: Russian dude complaining "what the gently caress you hit me with an AK while running, this casual bullshit would never have happened in 1.6" in one round, and "omg you loving CAMPERS" in the next one :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i stopped someone on the other team getting an ace last night by shooting a team mate in the back of the head :c00lbutt:

• Locked thread