Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
An underrated part of the pod is hearing which wacky TV broadcasting jobs James Richardson is taking next. The guy should have fired his agent years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Ninpo posted:

At least Ingles has a go at some sort of opinion, unlike Glendenning who slurs an occasional grunt out at Jimbo in response to questions, when he's not telling some pub anecdote.

Sean Ingle? His opinions are usually hesitant and full of hemming and hawing, happy to point out exceptions to the rule that might be technically correct but also prevent people from elevating the discussion to make broad assertions.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
The worse is Fernando. The others are ok. Without Richardson I wouldn't bother.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

I am OK posted:

The worse is Fernando. The others are ok. Without Richardson I wouldn't bother.

If Jimbo joined the ramble I'd never listen to football weekly again

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mandalay posted:

Sean Ingle? His opinions are usually hesitant and full of hemming and hawing, happy to point out exceptions to the rule that might be technically correct but also prevent people from elevating the discussion to make broad assertions.

You misunderstand, I just wanted to take a pot shot at Barry Glendenning. As in, he is so poo poo, he is worse than Sean Ingle.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

oh em gee bee ess posted:

If Jimbo joined the ramble I'd never listen to football weekly again

A good post.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This French guy on FW never shuts up

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

My penguin suit!! also barry was loving atrocious this week

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Abu Dave posted:

His opinions are pretty good compared to the rest.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I had a good laugh at Terry Vegetables and Benoit Assou-Risotto

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
poo poo, I love the Ramble but it's occurred to me that Pete Donaldson really isn't very funny. At all.

The other three more than make up for it though.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

britishbornandbread posted:

poo poo, I love the Ramble but it's occurred to me that Pete Donaldson really isn't very funny. At all.

The other three more than make up for it though.

One of them sounds like Richard Bacon and it's really unnerving.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Jim? Yeah I certainly hear that.

I've mentioned it before but I have a football man crush on Luke - he's got some fantastic opinions every week that he clearly and concisely conveys. Puts those folks on Football Weekly to shame.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I am having the hardest time figuring out who is who in their photoshoot (the graphic up top rotates every second)

http://www.thefootballramble.com/show

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Jim (the Arsenal fan) is the one with glasses.
Pete (the Newcastle fan) is the one in the sleeveless robe thing.
Luke (the Portsmouth fan) is the big scruffy one.
And obviously the other one is Marcus.

Also I agree with other posters that Luke is the best and Pete is the worst.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Lot 49 posted:

Pete (the Newcastle fan) is the one in the sleeveless robe thing.

It's like he's one walking, talking gimmick. Goodbye Pete.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Monday Bandele posted:

An underrated part of the pod is hearing which wacky TV broadcasting jobs James Richardson is taking next. The guy should have fired his agent years ago.

At the moment, he seems to have a stable TV gig going for him as the presenter of Sunday Night European Football with James Horncastle, Raphael Hongstein, and Julian Laurens on BT Sports 1. He also seems to always do the World Strongest Man thing too.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

britishbornandbread posted:

I've mentioned it before but I have a football man crush on Luke - he's got some fantastic opinions every week that he clearly and concisely conveys. Puts those folks on Football Weekly to shame.
I'm really surprised at this, imo Luke Moore has some of the most basic obvious opinions in the world, that he delivers as though he's making some great important point. Every week he'll go in for a few big self-righteous grandstand of outrage about something, stressing half the words and finishing with some quickfire combination of "its a joke its a disgrace its completely out of order you just can not do that at this level". Pete Donaldson does do it too sometimes.

Luke also pronounces more names wrong than he does right but that's stopped bothering me as much.

I like most things about the Ramble and I think Luke is mostly pretty funny for 80% of the podcast, but I roll my eyes every time when he starts going off in "making an important point" mode. Although admittedly I can never remember which one is Jim and which one is Marcus so I'm not a particularly invested listener.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Fair enough. I like his thinking on most matters though and I suppose maybe my man crush comes from the fact that no one on Football Weekly offers absolutely no opinion with any conviction or evidence.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Apart from Auclaire.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

yeah I like Auclaire in all fairness.

I've had an epiphany that I can't stand Glendenning anymore.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Did anyone listen to The Game this week? That stat guy was pretty bad. "This team is 34% as good as that team."

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
For everyone who couldn't follow the Jurassic *Park XI through all the tears:

code:
                                  Edwin van der Saurus Rex

Roary Delap        Isla Nublerto Solano         Stig InGen Bjørnebye      Embryo Ferdinand

David  Dundundundundunn     Heavy Prints Boateng        Tom Clevergirly 

DNA Ashton                  Gabriel BatiSHOOTER         Jan Velocigoor of Raptorink
:aaa:

Koesj fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 28, 2014

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Hats off to the Football Ramble for actually mentioning how we made a game of our trip to Sunderland - FW didn't mention us at all despite having a Sunderland fan on the panel, while The Game mentioned us in passing with Bournemouth in a "what if someone did a shock, what a bad round it was".

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Fuckin hate when they do the "footballers who sound like" games. Rotten. Just... bin.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

ICHIBAHN posted:

Fuckin hate when they do the "footballers who sound like" games. Rotten. Just... bin.

the Jurassic Park XI was hilarious and you hate fun things.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Koesj posted:

For everyone who couldn't follow the Jurassic *Park XI through all the tears:

code:
                                  Edwin van der Saurus Rex

Roary Delap        Isla Nublerto Solano         Stig InGen Bjørnebye      Embryo Ferdinand

David  Dundundundundunn     Heavy Prints Boateng        Tom Clevergirly 

DNA Ashton                  Gabriel BatiSHOOTER         Jan Velocigoor of Raptorink
:aaa:

No GRANT Holt? Shameful.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

No GRANT Holt? Shameful.

Managed by Dr. Avram Grant.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Did anyone else notice Barry on FW mention the cross-country run joke re:Fulham-Chelsea from the Football Ramble?

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Bit late, but I didn't. There are a shitload of Magath facts doing the rounds.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

psyer posted:

At the moment, he seems to have a stable TV gig going for him as the presenter of Sunday Night European Football with James Horncastle, Raphael Hongstein, and Julian Laurens on BT Sports 1. He also seems to always do the World Strongest Man thing too.

He is actually the anchor for Bein Sport (Al Jazeera) international coverage including weekly panel and build up shows which I'd say is a actually a pretty massive gig although it wouldn't have any viability in UK. The show's and analysis are quite high quality too

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Adnar posted:

He is actually the anchor for Bein Sport (Al Jazeera) international coverage including weekly panel and build up shows which I'd say is a actually a pretty massive gig although it wouldn't have any viability in UK. The show's and analysis are quite high quality too

This sounds really fantastic, though there's likely a 0% chance I can view this in the USA.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Mandalay posted:

This sounds really fantastic, though there's likely a 0% chance I can view this in the USA.

Let this tide you over:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaLQQINTjvA

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Some great freudian slips on the ramble today from jim "quinellka" etc.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHuXEbsngGk

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Jippa posted:

Some great freudian slips on the ramble today from jim "quinellka" etc.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHuXEbsngGk

I did a double take at Quinelka.

Also I love that clip. It's brilliant but becomes perfect when he's standing at the mic stand for ages. True Larry Davidism.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
"Quinellka" was fuckin brilliant, we should be ashamed we didn't come up with it in TRP tbh.

Jim sounding pretty much exactly like Richard Bacon is so disturbing.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 19, 2014

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Smutty puns on weekly.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress me, don't listen to this week's Football Weekly. Thingy replaces Jimbo as the host. Max Rushden. Atrocious patter all round. Shite jokes like "what's the point in YOUR FACE!" and shite opinions like "ha, like to see all these tattooed footballers WHEN THEY'RE 60 AND SAGGING!" ugh just wretched. I liked it though.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

ICHIBAHN posted:

gently caress me, don't listen to this week's Football Weekly. Thingy replaces Jimbo as the host. Max Rushden. Atrocious patter all round. Shite jokes like "what's the point in YOUR FACE!" and shite opinions like "ha, like to see all these tattooed footballers WHEN THEY'RE 60 AND SAGGING!" ugh just wretched. I liked it though.

:crossarms: seem to be a bit wishy washy there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Who am I to force my opinion onto someone.