Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Origins seemed to be running really well last night, until it finally crapped out and the entire Midgard zone froze.

But 3.5 hours of stability, cleared TG, very very few lag spikes that entire time. Was quite impressive. I also heard they had fixed an issue with an IP address being fubar'd as well, causing some problems.

Also, Tanreall, when you get on I have a TG claw for you :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Is there a quick way to make a few silver on Origins? Being level 5 with a level 1 sword, no armour and no left axe sucks :P

I pretty much don't have a clue about Mid, where's the lowest level dungeon where I can go beg for a group?

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
What should my starting stats for a shadowblade be?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Biggz posted:

Is there a quick way to make a few silver on Origins? Being level 5 with a level 1 sword, no armour and no left axe sucks :P

I pretty much don't have a clue about Mid, where's the lowest level dungeon where I can go beg for a group?

If you're between 5-10 or so, get a group and go kill Morvalts north of Aegir. They drop 1h swords, axes, and some studded. Along with jewelry. After that you'll have to hit up dungeons like Nisse's Lair (5-15), Cursed Tomb (15-25? Maybe lower than 25.), Vendo Caverns (15?Maybe higher-30), Varulvhamn (30+, Never actually been there, heard it's poo poo.), Spindelhalla (30+ Motherfucking loot city)

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

What are people doing to get online? Just hitting play on the launcher over and over? Haven't been able to get on in a few days.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

TouchToneDialing posted:

What are people doing to get online? Just hitting play on the launcher over and over? Haven't been able to get on in a few days.

Use daoc portal. Their launcher is pretty poo poo at actually displaying the server status. You can see if it's actually up on daoc portal.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

im gay posted:

What should my starting stats for a shadowblade be?

10 str, 10 con, 10 qui

Qui because it goes into swing speed and evade rate. Dex is only evade rate.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Thanks to the person that offered me a sword for my skald Polemarch. I crashed zoning into the build house and I cant get back in because it says im being logged out.

Thanks though.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

PriNGLeS posted:

Use daoc portal. Their launcher is pretty poo poo at actually displaying the server status. You can see if it's actually up on daoc portal.

DAOC portal does the same drat thing, load to 90% and then service unavailable. this has been the same since day 1 for me. spill the beans and tell is how to get out accounts flagged as elite status :P

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

sinewave posted:

DAOC portal does the same drat thing, load to 90% and then service unavailable. this has been the same since day 1 for me. spill the beans and tell is how to get out accounts flagged as elite status :P

Just knowing when the server goes down and having a lot of play time to wait until it's back up.

TouchToneDialing posted:

Thanks to the person that offered me a sword for my skald Polemarch. I crashed zoning into the build house and I cant get back in because it says im being logged out.

Thanks though.

That was me. I'll get it to you at some point. Otherwise your best bet is just buying something. Weapons can be a pain in the rear end to come by.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
speaking of weapons, it looks like 2h hammer is the best to go for savage and skald because of attack speed / quad hits not being patched on origins?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

sinewave posted:

speaking of weapons, it looks like 2h hammer is the best to go for savage and skald because of attack speed / quad hits not being patched on origins?

huh? Skald, yes. Savage no?

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
OH MY loving GOD FINALLY

1. Install lovely daoc portal launcher that wont run, point it to the origins game.dll
2. run this link in your browser: daoc://62.210.143.112:10300
3. make a shortcut to log in
4. finally play this loving game

also to spare others from going crazy, this version of DAOC does not include the following UI elements: Main Menu, Menu Bar. Interface Options. Float Target. nope nope nope.

sinewave fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jan 28, 2014

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

sinewave posted:

OH MY loving GOD FINALLY

1. Install lovely daoc portal launcher that wont run, point it to the origins game.dll
2. run this link in your browser: daoc://62.210.143.112:10300
3. make a shortcut to log in
4. finally play this loving game

also to spare others from going crazy, this version of DAOC does not include the following UI elements: Main Menu, Menu Bar. Interface Options. Float Target. nope nope nope.

Oh that's you sperging out about the escape key in broad? Get a UI.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

PriNGLeS posted:

Oh that's you sperging out about the escape key in broad? Get a UI.

I have bobsui. those elements are still missing because no main menu. you can't launch them from bobs.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

sinewave posted:

I have bobsui. those elements are still missing because no main menu. you can't launch them from bobs.

Go to character window. Click manager.

GIMpy12
Jun 10, 2004

http://fafas.lt/status daoc-origins server status
Because the staff are too stupid/lazy to make one.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

PriNGLeS posted:

great help

Thanks for the advice, I'll head over and see if I can find groups.

Is there a Goon guild at the moment? Not sure if it was/is Myth, has it changed?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Biggz posted:

Thanks for the advice, I'll head over and see if I can find groups.

Is there a Goon guild at the moment? Not sure if it was/is Myth, has it changed?

Buris Kinder, at the moment. It's not a goon guild. Just a guild goons are in.

Cnaiur
Jan 14, 2013
How do we join? /who doesn't work on the server, or is there just no one online from Buris Kinder?

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Who should work, strange that you aren't seeing anyone. You are mid right?

Well, you could send a tell to Wrex, Tanreall or me (Sersly) and we can probably get you in.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Cnaiur posted:

How do we join? /who doesn't work on the server, or is there just no one online from Buris Kinder?

/who for guilds is goofy. I believe it's case sensitive.

edit: For guilds with spaces you have to use quotations. /who "Buris Kinder"

PriNGLeS fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 28, 2014

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Tanreall/Sersly I got a yar claw last night. I'd like to be able to have you two and Nefra /random for it. Just to be fair.

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
I'd let them random for it. I might not be on tonight, or if I am really late.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Don't all have to be there at once. Can just random and I'll see who wins when I get all 3 rolls. Kind of complicated, but I don't want to just give it to someone then have everyone hate me.

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Well honestly tanreall could use it more than me or nefra, dunno how nefra feels about that though

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
No one is going to get mad at you over that.

Edit: I'm the one who will get the least out of it. You both have the gear to use it well.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 28, 2014

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Nefra is also responding in similar fashion. So, what the gently caress.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Log on to server, 1 minute later the server crashes.

I have met the enemy, and it is me.

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Haha, well you could just assign us a number and random 1-3 and give it to whoever

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I like this idea. I did nothing to earn it and now I don't even have to log in to win it.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
Could you invite Cormac to this myth thing. I was accepted on their eijin site under wintermute

PriNGLeS posted:

Go to character window. Click manager.

there is no manager there. if you mean the last button after group, that opens bobsui that's it.

sinewave fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 29, 2014

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Is there a population cap on the server now?

Also, 35 healer!!

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

sinewave posted:

Could you invite Cormac to this myth thing. I was accepted on their eijin site under wintermute

there is no manager there. if you mean the last button after group, that opens bobsui that's it.

You really need to read the thread. We're not in Myth anymore.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

im gay posted:

Is there a population cap on the server now?

Also, 35 healer!!

They've been adjusting cap a lot. There's a big thread on their forums saying people are having problems with it.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

PriNGLeS posted:

You really need to read the thread. We're not in Myth anymore.

yea yea, I see the germans.

what lvl can skald wear chain?

sinewave fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 29, 2014

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
A few questions:

Can anyone confirm if there is armor/weapon decay on the server? Someone mentioned they hadn't noticed any...

Kind of related - I am getting ready to gear up my lvl 10 shadowblade - assuming there is decay, is it still ok to buy the highest level gear I can get off the vendor (lvl 23 i believe), or will it break before I outgrow it?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Dogo posted:

A few questions:

Can anyone confirm if there is armor/weapon decay on the server? Someone mentioned they hadn't noticed any...

Kind of related - I am getting ready to gear up my lvl 10 shadowblade - assuming there is decay, is it still ok to buy the highest level gear I can get off the vendor (lvl 23 i believe), or will it break before I outgrow it?

Decay works fine. High end weapons don't have the bonus durability on them, though. So first repair knocks you down to like 93% durability.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Above pretty much sums up the very best thing about the DAOC crafting system/economy.

The addition of indestructible artifacts and the whiners who thought item decay was a bad thing really messed it all up.

With item decay people also wouldn't be as obsessed to get the very best optimized spellcrafted template, and wearing 99% armor would be accepted.

Off course this does imply people would need to earn plat to regularly buy new equipment, which the hardcore RvR peepz totally dismissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Earning plat was never too much of a problem for even the hardcore RvR people. Back in the day I remember hearing about some of the 8mans just 8manning the dragon because they could to make some quick money.

It really wasn't too hard for a group of 8 to work together 1 night a month to make enough plat to offset any decaying gear.

• Locked thread