Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
It seems people keep up-voting the Might and Magic 6 pack. When did this start? 8:30am CST? So if there was no voting this would be done around 5:30am on Thursday?

Also checking the comments for the blog entry about the sale they said there'd be no Jack Keane for this :negative:

Edit: The drat thing's gained 4 minutes since I started this post, gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

4chan or reddit noticed the sale and decided to become dicks.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Letting users modify timed deals is annoying. Just have a fixed schedule.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

GreenNight posted:

4chan or reddit noticed the sale and decided to become dicks.

That explains the extra 5 minutes that I just noticed :smith: I wonder how long this will stretch out now.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Every time someone buys a game three seconds are added to the clock. The M&M series is just rather popular, that's all. So quityerbitchin.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

It started at an hour and thirty 45 minutes ago. It was downvoted to an hour. Now it's over an hour thirty. They're not THAT popular.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I don't think 1000+ sales is that unlikely with it being evening in Europe.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 28, 2014

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Also Might and Magic X just came out last week so that might generate some buzz.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Tarquinn posted:

Every time someone buys a game three seconds are added to the clock. The M&M series is just rather popular, that's all. So quityerbitchin.

Oh, I didn't know that. Yeah, this whole thing will stretch out for a good while probably.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Whoa they have Deadlock now. There's a demo I played to death.

Matthaeus
Aug 1, 2013

I was concerned that the Time Machine sale would be dragged out but it looks like a good hour has been shaved off of Space Quest's sale over the course of ten minutes.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Bearserker posted:

I was concerned that the Time Machine sale would be dragged out but it looks like a good hour has been shaved off of Space Quest's sale over the course of ten minutes.

It really depends on the game I think. Might and Magic is popular, King's Quest wasn't. Space Quest didn't start getting really good til the later games either.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bearserker posted:

Yeah, people seem not to care about Space Quest. Considering the first 6 Might and Magics were cheaper, I'm not that surprised. Speaking of which, what's the consensus on whether or not to play 3 before 4+5?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
I remembered what this reminds me off, those drat penny bid auction sites where every bid resets the timer to 5 minutes or whatever. Hmm, I did like Sim City 2000 back in the day.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
They're really stretching saying SimCity 2000 is from 1989. The original SimCity was, but 2000 came out '94.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

macnbc posted:

They're really stretching saying SimCity 2000 is from 1989. The original SimCity was, but 2000 came out '94.

Where are you getting '89? The store page says '95.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

uPen posted:

Where are you getting '89? The store page says '95.

It says 1989 on the main page banner for some reason.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

It says 1989 on the main page banner for some reason.
They're going through the "30 years of gaming history" they mentioned year-by-year, so the next game up should be from 1990.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Halibut Barn posted:

They're going through the "30 years of gaming history" they mentioned year-by-year, so the next game up should be from 1990.

Or possibly the first game from the series was from 1990 but the game for sale is from later. SimCity 2000 will probably be up for a while.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

1990 will probably be Wing Commander.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

When did Heretic or Hexen come out? I need them. Also Dragon's Lair. And 2002 better be Medal of Honor Allied Assault!

Matthaeus
Aug 1, 2013

bushisms.txt posted:

When did Heretic or Hexen come out? I need them. Also Dragon's Lair. And 2002 better be Medal of Honor Allied Assault!

I would have liked to pick them up as well but unfortunately ID Software holds the rights to Heretic/Hexen and hasn't put any of their catalog on GOG, only Steam.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Bearserker posted:

I would have liked to pick them up as well but unfortunately ID Software holds the rights to Heretic/Hexen and hasn't put any of their catalog on GOG, only Steam.

Do they have netplay?

Matthaeus
Aug 1, 2013

bushisms.txt posted:

Do they have netplay?

I don't know about Heretic and Hexen but if they are the same as Doom on Steam it is just the original game running in DOSBox so probably not.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
So sad I just found out about this sale and missed the Might and Magic bundle :(. In fact, I think most of the stuff on my wishlist is from years already passed by now (apparently Sim City 2000 is representing 1989? Okay...). I love the GOG sales gimmicks but it kinda sucks to get burned and miss such a short window compared to a Steam sale.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Brightman posted:

Or possibly the first game from the series was from 1990 but the game for sale is from later. SimCity 2000 will probably be up for a while.

If this is how things are going, is there a chance Shadowrun Returns might end up in this sale? That and Blackguards are the only things in my wishlist right now, and I don't expect Blackguards to be on sale, like, ever.

saucerman
Mar 20, 2009

Monopthalmus posted:

So sad I just found out about this sale and missed the Might and Magic bundle :(. In fact, I think most of the stuff on my wishlist is from years already passed by now (apparently Sim City 2000 is representing 1989? Okay...). I love the GOG sales gimmicks but it kinda sucks to get burned and miss such a short window compared to a Steam sale.

They might do a repeat at the end where they list all games at the same time. They did it the last time, if I remember correctly.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jamesman posted:

If this is how things are going, is there a chance Shadowrun Returns might end up in this sale? That and Blackguards are the only things in my wishlist right now, and I don't expect Blackguards to be on sale, like, ever.

I'm sure there's a chance. The next campaign is set to be released in a month and they probably want to get the word out.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Somebody must be asleep behind the wheel of the time machine, because SimCity 2000 wasn't made in 1989.

...or WAS it? :tinfoil:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Mercury Crusader posted:

Somebody must be asleep behind the wheel of the time machine, because SimCity 2000 wasn't made in 1989.

...or WAS it? :tinfoil:

Might & Magic VI wasn't made in 1986 either. They're taking creative liberty so as long as the first game in the series comes out on the respective date, it's good.

Psychorider
May 15, 2009

al-azad posted:

Might & Magic VI wasn't made in 1986 either. They're taking creative liberty so as long as the first game in the series comes out on the respective date, it's good.

It was the Might and Magic VI Pack, which contains the first 6 games, the first of which was made in 1986. This sale is just Simcity 2000 so it doesn't really fit.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Psychorider posted:

It was the Might and Magic VI Pack, which contains the first 6 games, the first of which was made in 1986. This sale is just Simcity 2000 so it doesn't really fit.

They don't have the original SimCity so just roll with it.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Up now is Wizardry 6+7.

How do the Wizardry games hold up nowadays?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Max Wilco posted:

Up now is Wizardry 6+7.

How do the Wizardry games hold up nowadays?

Graphics are old of course but the games still hold up as old-school party-based RPGs.

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, people seem not to care about Space Quest. Considering the first 6 Might and Magics were cheaper, I'm not that surprised. Speaking of which, what's the consensus on whether or not to play 3 before 4+5?

Play 3 before 4+5. The slight quality of life improvements in Xeen will make going backwards more annoying than it needs to be. 3 is short but great fun.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

1991: Wing Commander 1+2 for $1.50 (75% off)

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

DannyTanner posted:

1991: Wing Commander 1+2 for $1.50 (75% off)

Does this hold up?

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

bushisms.txt posted:

Does this hold up?

The graphics don't hold up terribly well, no. The gameplay and writing are still pretty solid though.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

Does this hold up?

I think so. They move really smoothly, control well with mouse and keyboard, and the cinematic presentation is still enjoyable 24 years later. WC is also pretty short, maybe 4 hours total to see one of the endings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

The EvoLand installer was updated. Anyone know what is new?