Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's funny how people see a black boy wearing a Confederate hat in a comic strip about interracial unity and it does not occur to them that there might be a point to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail

Rusty's snuck into Cherry's make-up bag!

Quincy

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mister Beeg posted:

Don Martin Dept.
Oh yes. :allears:

You should post Aragones' margin cartoons next!

JaggerMcDagger posted:

What happens with WeePals next? Do they end the strip, or run reruns until a new person comes along? It wasn't a zombie strip, but would they make it one?
"Starting tomorrow: an all new Wee Pals, by Guy Gilchrist!" :v:

Les is being a dick but I'm with him here. Not just on the general principle of being an antagonist to the despicable main cast but the dude's gotta pee and ten others with him and you don't get to occupy all the loos all on your own.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Les is being a dick but I'm with him here. Not just on the general principle of being an antagonist to the despicable main cast but the dude's gotta pee and ten others with him and you don't get to occupy all the loos all on your own.

If this were any other comic I would expect it about to be a moral about Zero Tolerance rules with Knut and the girl getting into trouble for fighting and using the boy's restroom because who the gently caress ropes off a restroom for a single person when there's apparently enough students about to form a line at the girl's bathroom.

But since this is Luann I'm guessing Knut suffers no repercussions for trying to choke out Les because hey, as you said, designated villain.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Why is Knute cleaning this public school bathroom again?

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

Johnny Aztec posted:

Why is Knute cleaning this public school bathroom again?

Be arise those poo poo union janitors share to much!

Actually, because he enjoys it and does it better than the janitors. Really.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serious Cephalopod posted:

Be arise those poo poo union janitors share to much!

Actually, because he enjoys it and does it better than the janitors. Really.

So he's a pervert. Got it.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
And now he is assaulting a fellow male student for trying to use said bathroom.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Crystal's been making a habit of using the boy's bathroom because the girl's room is too full or whatever and Knute's been enabling her by standing guard and now assaulting guys who want to use the boy's room while she's in it.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
It must be a nice bathroom. The stalls still have their doors on! Which means if Knute wasn't being such an aspie about letting people in, no one would know, or even really care!
Here you go Knute, be progressive. Declare it a unisex bathroom.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

The answer posted:

Rodney's car did have a flat tire, but there was a spare tire in the trunk.

Slylock Fox

"Yessir we've got a perpetual two-foot radius blaring alarm zone surrounding this baby! Only had about 50 accidental set offs so far!"

Moose and Molly

The sad answer is probably never, but Moose will continue to reassure Molly that he'll get to it as soon as he has the time and Molly will quietly toil away wondering if Moose really cares about her...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Midnight Moth posted:

Moose and Molly

Shouldn't she be more worried that the ironing board is wedged in her torso?

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

TELEKINESIS!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Man, what is it with the hours today? I'd swear they weren't this slippery before!

tiistai posted:

If there's no fast Internet in heaven, I might just as well go to hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnevk-6h6aI

Mister Beeg posted:

(Mad #109, March 1967)

When he shared his collection of MAD books with me many years ago (the magazines having been long since lost), my dad singled this comic out as one of his all-time favorites. :) Looking forward to more.

AxeManiac posted:

He should have been punched for having that sign ready and waiting to go. Wonder how long that little fucker was holding on to it.

Connie's only punchlines back then were "threaten Oliver with violence" and "inflict violence upon Oliver", so he may well have seen her coming and decided it was better to be done and past as quickly as possible.

My Lovely Horse posted:

What "ten others"? I thought the line was localized to ladyland.

Oh look, here comes Jim. What's the haps, Jimbo?

Neato. Hey, uh, hate to interrupt, but you haven't seen Dan around lately, have you? I figured he'd be up at the clubhouse like usual, but the place is empty... drat. Some app thought it'd be funny to wipe the contacts off my phone, too, so I'll have to wait to look up his number when I get home. Nah, it's just annoying, is all. Thanks anyway.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

It's seen as absurd because it's not worth the cost and it'd bring down gold's value too. It's been done, though.

Fingerpori

- I had a terrible premonition in a dream

Heimo had an enneuni (enne premonition, uni dream) about Vesa Enne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMiNOX1zCWA

This stuff is way too old for me, took me a moment in google to figure out what the joke was about.

I realized the author himself spells Fok_It with a capital I, so I'll go with that henceforth.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

tiistai posted:

Fingerpori

- I had a terrible premonition in a dream

Heimo had an enneuni (enne premonition, uni dream) about Vesa Enne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMiNOX1zCWA

Ha, made this for gif thread in December:

Source

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Say Nothing posted:

When thumbnailed, doesn't that middle panel look like goatse?
That can't be a coincidence.

People see goatse everywhere and it is always a coincidence.

Hip'n Relevant is one of my favourite comics.

Halibut Barn posted:

Apparently the late 30s and early 40s are a pretty rough time for a Phantom. Midlife crisis kicks in, he can't be slowing down just yet, surely he can take on as many ships full of pirates as when he was 25...

I posted about this on the official Phantom website recently, so I'll just copy and paste (some of) what I said there.

Tiggum posted:

In 1936 there had been 20 Phantoms since 1536. That makes the average life expectancy for a Phantom 40 (that’s a career length of 20 years and the assumption that they generally start around age 20). If we assume that the 21st is currently 40 years old in 2014, that makes the average lifespan of his predecessors closer to 48 (four extra years of career time plus four extra years each of their children waited to become the next Phantom, making the average starting age 24).

Tony DePaul also posted a response. And he spelled my name right. That hardly ever happens.

Tony DePaul posted:

Thanks for your thoughts on this, Mathew. There’s definitely a balancing act required in advancing the technology available to the Phantom even as he appears not to advance in age. Equipping Skull Cave with internet access was disconcerting to some readers at first but it had to be done. When I was a kid, I remember the Phantom climbing telephone poles to plug in a handset and ring up Colonel Worubu. Nowadays, I wonder if younger readers would even get what he was attempting to do if he were to climb a utility pole!

He’s not carrying a smartphone yet but that’s probably coming. I think it’s twice now that we’ve shown him using one.

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Alan has just totally lost his mind. :stare:

Here's an idea, Lynn. If you wanted him to come get his shoes, tell him to do that instead of asking a question you didn't want him to answer. :argh:

Indolent Bastard posted:

I almost never "get" [It's All Right Chief Dharma].

Neither do I. In fact, I wish there was an explanation posted with each one just so I wouldn't have to keep asking.

JaggerMcDagger posted:

What happens with WeePals next? Do they end the strip, or run reruns until a new person comes along? It wasn't a zombie strip, but would they make it one?

Let's hope not.

Binary Badger posted:

Does anyone see Jonah climbing into the old school Iron Man armor in about three strips or so? That would rock if he did.

Let's hope! :allears:

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis is the dullest comic ever. This strip is pretty typical. Arlo is looking forward to the warm weather. That's it. There's nothing else there. Why does this comic exist?

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

Would've been an ok joke without the final thought bubble to explain it.

Except the way she says it doesn't make sense. "The company's mission statement is mislabelled as Ms. Trellis's personal net worth." means that there is a file labelled "Ms. Trellis's personal net worth" that contains the company's mission statement. What it was clearly supposed to mean though is that the company's mission is to increase Ms. Trellis's net worth. Which I'm pretty sure it actually is since she's the owner, so that shouldn't surprise anyone.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Midnight Moth posted:

Moose and Molly

The sad answer is probably never, but Moose will continue to reassure Molly that he'll get to it as soon as he has the time and Molly will quietly toil away wondering if Moose really cares about her...

Moose and Molly seems to have this problem where it knows its a comic strip, and knows that comic strips have multiple panels, and yet keeps making one panel jokes. This is just terrible.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Everett True
March 14 & 15, 1928

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

They expect you to stuff all your clothes in the two free carry-ons you still get.
This is not even a difficult thing to do unless you are taking a suit. A standard sized carry-on bag is pretty roomy.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

This is not even a difficult thing to do unless you are taking a suit. A standard sized carry-on bag is pretty roomy.

And of course asshat mcgee is wearing a suit on the plane already because gently caress Comfort I am a Lawyer

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac
Oh, the irony

The Creeps

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin's Winter Follies

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (February 1, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Pogo (February 1, 1967)

Out Our Way (May 5-6, 1924)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's alright, everyone, it's just Everett True outside.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Trent posted:

And of course asshat mcgee is wearing a suit on the plane already because gently caress Comfort I am a Lawyer
As someone who has traveled for work, this is not uncommon if you have to go straight from the airport to a meeting. Though that's probably unlikely if he's going to be there for a week unless his firm is too cheap to pay for an extra night at the hotel. (And even then, there's no need to put your tie on until you get to your destination.)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

SubNat posted:

Moomin's Winter Follies

Ok, as much as I hate Mr Brisk for being a jerk, Mymble learning to ski is pretty adorable.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Little later than usual this morning for me. One of my servers had a mild electronic version of a stroke this morning at 5am, and I actually had to work. :v:

Jane's World

Well, that was pretty boring. Ok.

Non Sequitur

And that was pretty dumb, Wiley. :ughh:

Heavenly Nostrils

It was worth a shot, wasn't it, Phoebe? :)

Kliban

Moooom! Bernard's drawing boobs again! :v:

Linked because it may be a bit :nws:

http://i.imgur.com/lqwt72Z.gif

No, I have no idea either, but for some strange reason, it's really funny to me. :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 1/29/2003

This, however... I mean "impetuosity"? Seriously, Brooke? God.

Zits

When you threaten children, your threats have to be credible. This one most likely is not.

Kevin & Kell

Rudy's got a bo-ner, Rudy's got a bo-ner, nyah nyah!

Nemi

That's it Nemi! Take a stand! Aw, her face in the first panel... :3:

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

They expect you to stuff all your clothes in the two free carry-ons you still get.

Fatasses like Ed any myself can't fit all our clothes and accessories into carry-ons depending on how may days the trip is. :saddowns: It also sucks if you want to transport more than 3 oz of shampoo, perfume, etc.

Yes Ed, it sucks that we don't get free checked bags anymore, but it's been like that for 10 years, and bitching at this airline peon won't help. It's the one place you really shouldn't be pissing people off.

DantePhoenix
Feb 28, 2007

I think they teach valuable life lessons and stuff.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Hey I don't really know if this came up before but there is a kickstarter in the works to reprint little nemo in slumberland, with a bunch of other works by him also included.

With $10,000 left to go in 3 days, I'll don't think it'll make it. :(

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I think that bucket was filled with turds.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Foxy Grandpa frequently is far more casual about spilling gallons of water inside the house than one would think is reasonable.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Little Brother is, in reality, baby Everett True, who grew up watching Foxy Grandpa delivering justice to the boys and went on to deliver a similar justice on the population as a whole.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ham Shears January 10th 2014

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What a terrible person.

Also at first I loved Foxy Grandpa but now more and more he's just kind of a dick. But I'm still enjoying seeing it.

F Minus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Those brothers have some kind of spring-loaded punch-box. I want one.

• Locked thread