Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

GAY RETARD posted:

it must be me blaming SKSE (which i never did) that is causing these problems. Super helpful guys, thanks a ton.
I apologize for reading one sentence in your original post wrong. Feel better?

Like I said before: I'd start by looking at the graphical overhauls and tweaks you have installed. Remove ENB, texture & meshes overhauls and anything else graphical related in your setup. Then test if you still have the problem. If you do, then extend the same blunt axe troubleshooting method to your other mods. If you remove a mod with scripts, remember to either start a new game or revert back to an old save from before you installed that mod. If you find that you don't have any problems without your high-res texture. You could try ENB's ENBoost feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burns
May 10, 2008

There could be a million reasons for why Skyrim is not working correctly. What about your hardware? I run a stock i7-4770k, 12 gigs of ram, 2 570 gtx video cards in SLI and Skyrim still can run like crap (in fact right now I am having framerate issues). Check your video card drivers, maybe revert to an older version. Verify integrity, clean your plugins, REMOVE ENB (I didnt see mention of which configuration or version you use - some are incredibly system intensive).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

GAY RETARD posted:

Literally nothing? Nobody has experienced this before? Ill take a screenshot of my load order when I get back home because god knows if thatll help, but If I can play the game fine at one point, shouldnt the whole thing run just as well? Maybe im asking too much for my 1gb graphics card which performs beautifully WITH THE SAME EXACT MOTHERFUCKING MODS AND SETTINGS to keep such a level of performance between identical area loads, but obviously im just a noob that has no idea what im doing and has to disable every single texture pack (with which the game can run fine) to see improvements, and regardless it must be me blaming SKSE (which i never did) that is causing these problems. Super helpful guys, thanks a ton.

Have you tried setting the correct amount of memory in your enblocal file? Look for the VideoSizeMB setting under Memory and set that your VRAM level, see if that changes anything.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Mr. Crow posted:

I made a thing. Simple mod, adds two hotkeys for trading with followers, telling the to wait/follow and putting them into the 'command' mode.

So, uh, you ever tried long-pressing Activate on your follower?

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Mortimer posted:

SPERG comes with its own skse folder with a custom uncapper ini. Even if you have MO I found it easier to just manually put the ini in the correct place. SPERG also doesn't unpack correctly with MO (DLC doesn't get put in the main folder) so I wouldn't be surprised if the ini also failed to be moved.

Managed to get to level 25 before realising that the DLC esps weren't showing up in MO. If I haven't done any of the dlc quests yet will anything have broken or been missed due to me not having the dlc esps activated until this point?

EDIT: by DLC esps I mean the ones that come with SPERG

Nova69 fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 29, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Nova88 posted:

Managed to get to level 25 before realising that the DLC esps weren't showing up in MO. If I haven't done any of the dlc quests yet will anything have broken or been missed due to me not having the dlc esps activated until this point?
The DLC can be installed on an ongoing game just fine.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Raygereio posted:

The DLC can be installed on an ongoing game just fine.

I wasn't very clear with the earlier post, I meant the SPERG dlc esps (SPERG-DG, SPERG-DB). I already had the normal DLC installed.

futile
May 18, 2009
So there's now an alpha release of the upcoming big SKSE version. Which is exciting because there's a ton of new functions for modders including some important API functions. Also, it has that Sheson memory fix patch built into it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Okay, can somebody help me understand what Automatic Variants does with the textures from the AV packs, and why it appears to be moving them somewhere? It seems all the .dds files have disappeared out of the AV Packages directory in data/skyproc/Automatic Variants, and hence I have a bunch of purple-texture monsters. This isn't the first time it's happened. I dont know if it's some sort of MO/AV conflict or what, but I'm starting to get irritated.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

futile posted:

So there's now an alpha release of the upcoming big SKSE version. Which is exciting because there's a ton of new functions for modders including some important API functions. Also, it has that Sheson memory fix patch built into it.

Sheson has not only fixed Skyrim's memory, he's also fixed the SKSE people into releasing the first patch in half a year.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
So the Rawlith Khaj racial bonus from Resplendent Racials Package won't work with SPERG because SPERG replaces the fists to a weapon, and Rawlith Khaj applies to the base fists. Is there a way to fix this?

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

Okay, can somebody help me understand what Automatic Variants does with the textures from the AV packs, and why it appears to be moving them somewhere? It seems all the .dds files have disappeared out of the AV Packages directory in data/skyproc/Automatic Variants, and hence I have a bunch of purple-texture monsters. This isn't the first time it's happened. I dont know if it's some sort of MO/AV conflict or what, but I'm starting to get irritated.

It moves them to Data/Textures/AV Packages/ so skyrim can find them. It really should just copy them since that's pretty counter intuitive. MO might be getting confused since it struggles with how some programs do file stuff.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

sockpuppetclock posted:

So the Rawlith Khaj racial bonus from Resplendent Racials Package won't work with SPERG because SPERG replaces the fists to a weapon, and Rawlith Khaj applies to the base fists. Is there a way to fix this?

Turn off SPERG unarmed in the MCM. Though unarmed bonuses should still apply to the "fist" weapon.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Mortimer posted:

SPERG comes with its own skse folder with a custom uncapper ini. Even if you have MO I found it easier to just manually put the ini in the correct place. SPERG also doesn't unpack correctly with MO (DLC doesn't get put in the main folder) so I wouldn't be surprised if the ini also failed to be moved.

Could you elaborate on this? Are you talking about SPERG-DG.esp and SPERG-DB.esp? Which folder should they be in?
Currently mine are in the ...\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\SPERG folder

I too was getting 1 perk per level, and found that i had to move the

SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.ini file to

...\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\Skyrim -Community- Uncapper\SKSE\Plugins

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 29, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

When MO opens the installer for SPERG, even if you select DG and DB DLC options, they don't get added to the main MO folder.

MO does weird stuff with SKSE sometimes, so I have that installed manually to skyrim/data/skse to make sure nothing overrides that.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

sockpuppetclock posted:

I had the same issue and seorin gave me the same answer and it totally worked. Leaving the "fists" equipped doesn't seem to change the resplendent khajit claws, and now you get to level up pickpocketing and enjoy sweet sperg bonuses!

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.
I'm trying to install Skyrim Community Uncapper with the Mod Organizer, but I get a message saying "No game data on top level".

Anyone know how to fix this?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

right-click data, click set as data folder, modorganizer literally has a tutorial for doing this the first time you encounter an archive like that

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
So, I just finished up a hardcore playthrough, and I'm thinking of cleansing my palate with an overpowered "BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW GOD!" character. Any suggestions for mods that make me into a walking nuclear bomb? Ideally, something with nice visual oomph right out the gate. I was thinking about Colorful Magic, if it plays well with the Apocalypse Spell Package.

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

Needs More Jazz posted:

So, I just finished up a hardcore playthrough, and I'm thinking of cleansing my palate with an overpowered "BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW GOD!" character. Any suggestions for mods that make me into a walking nuclear bomb? Ideally, something with nice visual oomph right out the gate. I was thinking about Colorful Magic, if it plays well with the Apocalypse Spell Package.

Set the difficulty to its lowest setting and get some destruction spells (Fireball is good for this.) You won't necessarily need mods at all.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
SPERG question:

I've unlocked Faith in the restoration tree. I figured what it would do is give me bonus hit points, or up the amount of hit points I have for a time. What seems to have done is allowed me to permanently increase my hit point pool by casting a healing spell at full health. Is this supposed to be happening?

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009
I'm just dropping in here to say that these opulent cloaks are really pretty.

Also does anyone know any good fancy clothing mods? I want to roleplay a plebeian who eventually becomes a really smug rich dude but, all I can find are dresses for women.

Axeface
Feb 28, 2009

He Who Walks
Behind The Aisles
Hey, so I remain a big loving baby who doesn't understand computers, and now I'm trying to take a run at ENB and overhaul the graphics on this sucker. To that end, am I right that I have to download ENB first separately, off this site, and then pick whichever mod I like on Nexus that has settings for it (like this)?

If so, that leaves me with another couple questions. Like: How do I install ENB? The page mentions that there are different versions of it, but I don't know how to determine which I should use, or how to decipher the installation instructions. I also have no idea what an injector is.

That all said, provided I get this together, does anybody have any suggestions on good graphics mods to use? At the moment I'm looking at CoT linked above. Also:

Scyantific posted:

:steam:ThirteenOranges Places and Quests: Some pretty good quests and locations to look at.

All of these are on Steam Workshop, I've noticed, and the copies that exist over on Nexus are all by different people, or in Spanish, or have fifteen different copies. I'd be a lot more comfortable just subscribing off the ones from the Workshop; however, I'm launching through MO these days, so I'm not sure if they'd even be possible to use, or if it's advisable to mix and match between Nexus and Workshop stuff. Any thoughts?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Hey LtSmash, if mods are adding stuff through injection now instead of leveled lists does that mean we shouldn't try to lootify those? Like Immersive Armors or (I think) all those mods that Complete Crafting Overhaul has configuration options for?

Petah
Aug 24, 2006

Keeping the American Imperialists at bay since 1948
There is a special weapon you get at the end of the Dragonborn questline Dragonrend, the bow dropped by Miraak.

However I haven't been able to find any information on the internet about this bow AT ALL. It's bugged in my game and I think it might be because of SkyRe. It doesn't use the perks and it won't keep track of dragons killed. I wanted to see if I could use console commands to get the upgraded bows but I can't even find it in the Skyrim Wiki.

Carnalfex
Jul 18, 2007

Axeface posted:

Hey, so I remain a big loving baby who doesn't understand computers, and now I'm trying to take a run at ENB and overhaul the graphics on this sucker. To that end, am I right that I have to download ENB first separately, off this site, and then pick whichever mod I like on Nexus that has settings for it (like this)?

If so, that leaves me with another couple questions. Like: How do I install ENB? The page mentions that there are different versions of it, but I don't know how to determine which I should use, or how to decipher the installation instructions. I also have no idea what an injector is.

That all said, provided I get this together, does anybody have any suggestions on good graphics mods to use? At the moment I'm looking at CoT linked above. Also:

All of these are on Steam Workshop, I've noticed, and the copies that exist over on Nexus are all by different people, or in Spanish, or have fifteen different copies. I'd be a lot more comfortable just subscribing off the ones from the Workshop; however, I'm launching through MO these days, so I'm not sure if they'd even be possible to use, or if it's advisable to mix and match between Nexus and Workshop stuff. Any thoughts?

You can use workshop stuff just fine. It will show up on the right side in MO, as loose data files, but won't be listed on the left as a mod. Just make sure it is checked to be active and you're good to go.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Petah posted:

There is a special weapon you get at the end of the Dragonborn questline Dragonrend, the bow dropped by Miraak.

However I haven't been able to find any information on the internet about this bow AT ALL. It's bugged in my game and I think it might be because of SkyRe. It doesn't use the perks and it won't keep track of dragons killed. I wanted to see if I could use console commands to get the upgraded bows but I can't even find it in the Skyrim Wiki.

Dragonrend is a shout, not a weapon.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Grondoth posted:

SPERG question:

I've unlocked Faith in the restoration tree. I figured what it would do is give me bonus hit points, or up the amount of hit points I have for a time. What seems to have done is allowed me to permanently increase my hit point pool by casting a healing spell at full health. Is this supposed to be happening?

They're not time limited, but they should go away when you lose them from getting hit. If they're sticking around no matter what you do, without you having to heal again to restore them, that shouldn't be happening.

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Petah posted:

That Boss doesn't drop a bow though? A quick google says that bow got added by SkyRe and others have complained about the same thing, and that bow got borrowed from another mod called Recurve Longbow and incorporated into SkyRe to be used as loot for that particular boss.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

epitasis posted:

Hey LtSmash, if mods are adding stuff through injection now instead of leveled lists does that mean we shouldn't try to lootify those? Like Immersive Armors or (I think) all those mods that Complete Crafting Overhaul has configuration options for?

I'm assuming it uses scripts to add and remove items from lists as needed but I've still got like 4 hours on my download so I can't check for sure. If you only care about unenchanted stuff then that's fine. Assuming the mod adds them where it should, Hoth & co are solid but others trying for the same thing might not be. But I'm guessing it doesn't have any enchanted versions, or only a small number, and its additions wouldn't show up on mod added lists as well. So I'd argue there is a good reason to still lootify it.

I think I would turn everything to craft only (or off all together if you don't want it) and then lootify what you want. I'm not sure how they do the armor weight class swapping either, if its 3 sets of armor or they uses SKSE to change the type. First would be a pain to make all those copies, but the second wouldn't effect the keywords so perks wouldn't work right.

The new (alpha) version of SKSE packs all kinds of goodies I've been waiting for plus enables the papyrus <-> skse dll mod api. Lots of stuff for me to work on.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Mortimer posted:

Ineptitude posted:

I too was getting 1 perk per level, and found that i had to move the

SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.ini file to

...\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\Skyrim -Community- Uncapper\SKSE\Plugins

What version of Mod Organizer are you guys running?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Petah posted:

If Miraak uses and drops a bow, then that's from a mod, not the vanilla game.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Yeah I'm pretty sure Miraak drops all the gear he uses, which is his armor, a sword and a special staff.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I mentioned earlier that I downgraded from the new versions of Immersive Armors and Apocalypse Magic due to crashes I started experiencing on save after I upgraded them; I just rechecked the pages of both and it looks like AM put out an incremental patch including a "No scripts" version and there is chatter in the threads about the bug I was getting, so I guess we know who is to blame now. It also seems Apoc requires a full uninstallation before you upgrade, which just makes me want to weep blood.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Does Lootify remove any levelled list work an ESP does, or does it just add things to levelled lists that weren't there before? I like lots of variety, so I'm thinking that if I grab every Automatic Variants pack I can find, and every item and armor that looks decent and then Lootify them, that will give a nice variety to the world. (JRPG-style swords and anime power armor need not apply. I like my immersion.)

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Ynglaur posted:

Does Lootify remove any levelled list work an ESP does, or does it just add things to levelled lists that weren't there before? I like lots of variety, so I'm thinking that if I grab every Automatic Variants pack I can find, and every item and armor that looks decent and then Lootify them, that will give a nice variety to the world. (JRPG-style swords and anime power armor need not apply. I like my immersion.)

No it won't remove anything from leveled lists or outfits. It also processes based on whatever the lists look like in your current load order so if you give bandits daedric swords in a mod and then lootify some anime daedric swords bandits will get the anime swords too. I'm kinda brainstorming a way to optionally exclude a mod's changes since a lot of weapon/armor mods will poo poo 20 copies of each kwaii katana into a couple of random lists and call it distributed.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
I ran into something weird.

I had to update Mod Organizer, so I looked in there, updated once, then updated again to get to 0.12.6 and then booted it up again.

It no longer downloads mods when I'm on the Nexus and hit "Download with NMM", it freezes at 100% on files that I download manually, and it won't tell me when I download an update that the file is now updated.

Is this a common problem, or should I just delete it and redownload the latest version and try again?

It also lost BOSS.

Should I just wipe everything and move the gently caress on?

If so, how do I mass add mods to Mod Organizer, since I've got like 100 of the drat things and don't want to spend the next 12 hours putting each in one at a time.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Has anybody else had trouble with Automatic Variants only working on some creatures but not all? The draugr in my game have variants, but I'm not seeing anything with farm animals and stuff. However, I'm also getting a mix of low and high textures so it may be an issue of something getting overwritten.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

50 Foot Ant posted:

I ran into something weird.

I had to update Mod Organizer, so I looked in there, updated once, then updated again to get to 0.12.6 and then booted it up again.

The weird thing is that you updated to a version that's been out of date March of last year. Get 1.0.12. The new versions will import mods from nmm installs I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
How the gently caress did that happen?

:hurr: Guess I'll install the right one.

• Locked thread