Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Hey guys, if all goes well on Monday, we'll have enough time for some serious attempts on Nefarian.

I'll do a short writeup tomorrow, but here are some videos people can watch in the meantime to get the general idea of how it works.

Basically, you kill the adds coming through the gates for x minutes, then bring Nefarian down to 20%. At 20%, the corpses of the adds from the beginning will all resurrect and you have to AOE them (invulnerability pots etc.), then you burn him down the last 20%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67POH7fb0rY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY10XA2AsQI

Try to see what your class is doing in the video.

Can check this thing too, the fight has changed surprisingly little...

http://www.wowwiki.com/Nefarian_%28tactics%29

lapse fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

God those UIs are awful.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

lapse posted:

Hey guys, if all goes well on Monday, we'll have enough time for some serious attempts on Nefarian.

I'll do a short writeup tomorrow, but here are some videos people can watch in the meantime to get the general idea of how it works.

Basically, you kill the adds coming through the gates for x minutes, then bring Nefarian down to 20%. At 20%, the corpses of the adds from the beginning will all resurrect and you have to AOE them (invulnerability pots etc.), then you burn him down the last 20%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67POH7fb0rY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY10XA2AsQI

Try to see what your class is doing in the video.

You're going to need two mages specced deep Frost with Improved Blizzard, to slow down the adds in the killzone in Phase 1 (and 3, presumably). I was one of them for Insidious, it's pretty doable. Phase 1 is 42 mobs (I believe), so it would be good if someone kept count. Phase 2 itself is pretty easy, needs some care in the transition.

Also, in bold:
I'd like to volunteer my character
Level 60, specced deep Frost with Improved Blizzard (and Winter's Chill), everything (except maybe gloves I think) is pre-raid BiS, a lot enchanted as well. I've done Phase 1 with him no problem with worse gear. So, if someone has a mage who lacks gear, or you're short on mages, I can trust an officer with my data. This might just become a regular thing, depending on circumstances.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Serperoth posted:

You're going to need two mages specced deep Frost with Improved Blizzard, to slow down the adds in the killzone in Phase 1 (and 3, presumably). I was one of them for Insidious, it's pretty doable. Phase 1 is 42 mobs (I believe), so it would be good if someone kept count. Phase 2 itself is pretty easy, needs some care in the transition.

Also, in bold:
I'd like to volunteer my character
Level 60, specced deep Frost with Improved Blizzard (and Winter's Chill), everything (except maybe gloves I think) is pre-raid BiS, a lot enchanted as well. I've done Phase 1 with him no problem with worse gear. So, if someone has a mage who lacks gear, or you're short on mages, I can trust an officer with my data. This might just become a regular thing, depending on circumstances.

I was thinking of temporarily re-speccing Firos as well.

People who don't have enough points to compete on Nef loot could switch to our Improved Blizzard mages for that fight only.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

lapse posted:

I was thinking of temporarily re-speccing Firos as well.

You'll do no such thing :mad:

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Firos posted:

You'll do no such thing :mad:

:(

But you never even play him!

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
https://web.archive.org/web/20080204090552/http://www.wowwiki.com/Nefarian_%28tactics%29

Here's a link to the tactics page circa 2008 before Nef was retuned in Cata. Might have more accurate information I'm not sure how much it changed.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

lapse posted:

:(

But you never even play him!

I'm only kidding :shobon:

Also I will probably start using him in MC because I now need no more loot (except striker's mark but whatever).

Edit: I'm also going to need to powerlevel tailoring and get the bloodvine stuff. drat you guy who I gave my mage to for abandoning tailoring :smithicide:

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
The 300 tailoring requirement is only to get the set bonus from bloodvine. You can still equip it even if you don't even have tailoring at all. Unless you were specifically talking about wanting the set bonus,

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

siig posted:

The 300 tailoring requirement is only to get the set bonus from bloodvine. You can still equip it even if you don't even have tailoring at all. Unless you were specifically talking about wanting the set bonus,

I must min-max my character alt :byodood:

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

:siren:

HEY GUYS, we are running the Thunderfury quest RIGHT NOW, due to having a ton of people online pre-ZG run

:siren:

Log on and help out!!!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Someone please record it and post it here. I wish I was 60 just so I could watch in game.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

Someone please record it and post it here. I wish I was 60 just so I could watch in game.

The best part was when 2 Thunderaans spawned and killed all of us :shepface:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
We're a real guild now guys :yayclod:

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
Not as long as you're in it, this should be rectified soon though.

Something else of note, I found out today that my ANCIENT HAKKARI MANSLAYERS' proc gets a 200% damage bonus from spellpower! Accordingly, I will require plenty of greater arcane elixirs and shadow power elixirs as well as a flask of supreme power during our next raid. I think I can get plus about 450 damage per proc with all 3. Its just a shame that BWL is full of dragons and not men. Alas, what can you do? Also, thanks to whoever sent me all that extra raid stuff.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Get +30 SP enchants on each too for that extra slaying of mans.

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
I was thinking Lifestealing, but 30 SP sounds good too. Maybe one each.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I'm gonna be late to tonights raid, probably 9:30 est or so.

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!
nef down yo

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

gco posted:

nef down yo

!!!!!

Grats all, perfect raid

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer
There was a surprising lack of swearing during the Nef kill.

Congrats buds

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Youth with a Skull posted:

There was a surprising lack of swearing during the Nef kill.

Congrats buds

I think some of us were a little shocked at how quickly we killed him.

I was totally expecting to need a second day of attempts before getting him down.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Yea, it went pretty smooth. If you take into account him freezing/getting stuck and figuring out the colors/groups, we basically got him down on our 2nd (or 3rd?) attempt. Real nice work.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Congrats on getting Nef down on the first night. That's pretty awesome, especially if you ran into some bugs.

Just to satisfy my own vanity, does anybody know if the "hide behind the throne" tactic is valid for phase 1 of Nef on ED (there was an aggro nerf late in 2006 that made this tactic unusable)? Since ED is for nostalgia, I just thought I'd ask. I just can't remember if the change happened in 1.12.1 or 2.0:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-2JQgYuNcU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Boots of the Shadow Flame dropped so I hate all of you.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm trying to re-download the installation files and noticed there isn't a download link when I login to the wow-one website. Does anyone know if they moved/remove the game installer? I'm stuck at work (snowpacalypse) and trying to avoid pissing off our ISP by using the torrent. (We have a small ISP who I know personally).

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I had the same issue, ended up using a torrent. Sorry to be of 0 help.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Otacon posted:

I had the same issue, ended up using a torrent. Sorry to be of 0 help.

I poked around and found what looks to be a direct link in this thread in case anyone needs it: http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/135-1121-wow-client-download-and-install/

Stryfe
Jun 20, 2006
Death is instant, Pain will end, glory is forever

lapse posted:

I think some of us were a little shocked at how quickly we killed him.

I was totally expecting to need a second day of attempts before getting him down.

Yeah, I was told healing-wise Nef was harder than Chrom who was harder than Broodlord.... So I assumed the difficulty in other parts of the fight was also harder. But our healers work better together/individually now than since we first did broodlord, so maybe that's part of it.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Yeah, Nef was.. surprisingly easy.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...

Stryfe posted:

Yeah, I was told healing-wise Nef was harder than Chrom who was harder than Broodlord.... So I assumed the difficulty in other parts of the fight was also harder. But our healers work better together/individually now than since we first did broodlord, so maybe that's part of it.
No I definitely remember Nef being easy compared to Chrom. Nef is the prize you get for getting the hard fight down.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

:siren: MC full clear + BWL first 3 bosses tonight. :siren:

Anybody that can be in Stormwind at 7:30 EST, that's when I will use the Nefarian head for the buff.

I pretty much will be getting home at exactly that time, so if someone can please form up the group that would be awesome.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

lapse posted:

:siren: MC full clear + BWL first 3 bosses tonight. :siren:

Anybody that can be in Stormwind at 7:30 EST, that's when I will use the Nefarian head for the buff.

I pretty much will be getting home at exactly that time, so if someone can please form up the group that would be awesome.

Can you still rocket from 55 to 60 on trash in MC? If so I wouldnt mind doing a trash pack or two...

mmmmearth
Jul 31, 2013
Dinged 60 on horde side about a week ago. Guild scene was no fun so I transferred last night as a hunter - Lechium

Also, I had a rogue with you guys 4 or 5 months ago, till I did something stupid.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
wtf is a snuzzlepony

cynicalTechlord
Dec 19, 2013

Faster than a Voodoo3? Lol.
Played a ton of original WoW, so this looks pretty interesting. Just started a mage here.
Character's Celeria. Human of course, because extra rep is OP.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Login server down? Stuck at authenticating.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Reminder that the ZG tonight is scheduled to start 30 minutes earlier (because we don't want to have to race to beat the reset)

So we'll form up the group at 7:00 and start at 7:30.

Need some warriors & healers, it looks like.

eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
I SHOULD BUY A NEW AVATAR. GIVE THE FORUMS ALL MY MONEY.
I signed up but I probably won't make it till ~7:20. I'll come on my druid but if you can fill up on healers (yeah right) before I get there then it's cool if you give my spot away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

Hey can I get an invite, name is animecatgirl.

• Locked thread