Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

MVP posted:

drat this guy is dead

Immediately after "Wolf of Wall Street" ended I turned to my girlfriend and was like "I WANT SOME loving QUAALUDES."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Same here, watching that guy's vids makes me want to try it even more.

According to imdb they used crushed vitamin b pills

hypersober
Mar 27, 2006

haljordan posted:

I know it shouldn't bother me at all, but she has made countless millions off that show and she can't even bother to properly prepare the ONE segment she's responsible for. How often do you hear her shuffling pages while stammering or just trail off mid sentence because she lost her place? I mean goddamn.

Robin works hard to prepare for the news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFodl2MunAE

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

hypersober posted:

Robin works hard to prepare for the news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFodl2MunAE

God bless Jackie.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I love to hear Howard Stern make the same comments every other day about how he uses iTunes and Amazon in the year 2014, truly the greatest radio show going on right now.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

God bless Jackie.

Are we allowed to empty-quote in this forum? Because this is a post I believe in with all my heart.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

-Atom- posted:

I love to hear Howard Stern make the same comments every other day about how he uses iTunes and Amazon in the year 2014, truly the greatest radio show going on right now.

Yeah, he really is getting stuck on a loop with that, starting to sound a bit daft. I guess you can only keep pace with technology for so many years, and then you just stop? Well, maybe just slowing down... he isn't quite at that Ben Stern "Stack of VCRs" stage yet.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Do you guys think that Howard paid someone to show him how to operate a DVR (I'm assuming even he has one by now), and if so, how much did said person get paid? I'd say high four/low five figures.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
I don't know if I'm misinterpreting what you're saying but Howard has a permanent person to just record poo poo on his DVR. He's said this on air a few times I think. As far as money goes it's gotta be in the 4 figures.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sean_Miller posted:

I don't know if I'm misinterpreting what you're saying but Howard has a permanent person to just record poo poo on his DVR. He's said this on air a few times I think.

I was just wondering if he would pay someone to show him how to operate a DVR (which is easy to learn for yourself), but having a person to tape poo poo for you is some next-level bougie poo poo.

I only ask because I know he paid that one guy like, 30 grand to hang a door.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

haljordan posted:

Howard Stern: Middle-Class Everyman

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

Howard Stern: Middle-Class Everyman

When he eventually starts broadcasting from his new compound in Florida I wonder if he'll still act like he's in Manhattan.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

I was just wondering if he would pay someone to show him how to operate a DVR (which is easy to learn for yourself), but having a person to tape poo poo for you is some next-level bougie poo poo.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had Jeff Schick show him.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

MVP posted:

drat this guy is dead

But it sounds like he had one hell of a life

Of course, he should have cut everything out and spent his time agonizing about eating half a frozen banana.

It's also incredible that Howard will pay somebody like 50 GRAAAAND to install a door, but poor JD is living in a hostel.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

But it sounds like he had one hell of a life

Of course, he should have cut everything out and spent his time agonizing about eating half a frozen banana.

It's also incredible that Howard will pay somebody like 50 GRAAAAND to install a door, but poor JD is living in a hostel.

The fact that Howard consistently hired the dumbest, laziest, most hosed-up/incapable individuals to work on his show and then yelled when nothing got done correctly is why his show is (was) the greatest of all time.

"Leno, Letterman, Conan....they all hire Harvard guys. We have Stuttering John." And to be fair, I don't know what JD makes, but I am sure it is on par with his actual ability.

Err wait, Howard's not the boss. So whoever actually hired those guys is a genius.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 28, 2014

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

JD got killed this morning, in a good way, mostly by Will. And that Asian Pete game has gotta be one of the hardest they've put together. Good thing Howard is being a little tougher on callers when they don't win, it was getting to be too much before they started cracking down on the second chances.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Brocktoon posted:

Another thing Howard has no room to criticize anyone about : Getting mad about Ted Nugent mispronouncing "Weinstein" when "you know he knows the proper pronunciation." Howard does that ALL THE TIME with M. Night Shyamalan and Zach Galifianakis!

Let's not forget the time they interviewed Gerard Butler and Robin called him "Jared" twenty times.

I suspect it was a Freudian slip because of her crush on Tim's assistant.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Is there any reason why howardstern.com censors nudity?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
My friend was on the air today! He was trying to win tickets during the Beetlejuice game...he answered the wheels on the bus question wrong.

He said they got into his head when they were discussing it and he changed his mind and agreed with them.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The birthday show is Friday, right? So we don't have to hear about that drat thing any more?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

The Human Crouton posted:

The birthday show is Friday, right? So we don't have to hear about that drat thing any more?

Except for re-caps and clips for the next 2-4 weeks.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

Except for re-caps and clips for the next 2-4 weeks.

Which will transition nicely into non-stop "AGT" talk for the next 6 months.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Probably still my favorite Stern show song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2Qecnjky8

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Wasco Jr. posted:

Is there any reason why howardstern.com censors nudity?

The technology just isn't where Howard wants it to be yet.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Kelly posted:

My friend was on the air today! He was trying to win tickets during the Beetlejuice game...he answered the wheels on the bus question wrong.

He said they got into his head when they were discussing it and he changed his mind and agreed with them.

Hahaha, Robin really got the best of your friend.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

-Atom- posted:

Hahaha, Robin really got the best of your friend.

I haven't heard it yet - I'll try and catch it later. He is less than pleased with himself that is for sure.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 29, 2014

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I really like how baby clothes showed up on Howard's Amazon suggestion feed.

Looks like Beth has been using his account. :wink:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

On 101 today there was a segment from 2004 when K.C. won $330k from GoldenPalace.com and proceeded to lose it all back within a week.

Am I misremembering or wasn't it later revealed this was some kind of fake publicity stunt?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

On 101 today there was a segment from 2004 when K.C. won $330k from GoldenPalace.com and proceeded to lose it all back within a week.

Am I misremembering or wasn't it later revealed this was some kind of fake publicity stunt?

No I remember that bit. I dunno if it's fake, it legitimately seems like something K.C. would do.

Part of the problem was that the site (ingeniously) wouldn't let him withdraw his entire balance at once so he would just fritter away huge chunks of it waiting for each individual withdrawal to go through.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Kelly posted:

Beet was on the show the other day? What day? I listen to the show here and there but I'm a Huge Beetlejuice.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Beet was on the show the other day? What day? I listen to the show here and there but I'm a Huge Beetlejuice.

He wasn't...it was that game where you have to guess if Beet will know the answer to a question.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Ooooh I gotcha.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I'm listening to a clip of Scott the Engineer talking about bowling. Normally I would laugh at Scott any day of the week, but this is so heartbreaking. You can tell bowling is like, the one joy in his life (along with smoking). He sounds like an actual live, human being with hopes and dreams (instead of a sad-eyed, broken man) when he answers the gang's questions. Of course, he gets laughed at and goofed on the entire time because he's Scott the Engineer. It's one of the few times I've heard him sound close to anything remotely resembling happy.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I love the Hanzi bashing that Howard's been doing lately. The guy gets so wound up, it's even better then the old ETM explosions.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

haljordan posted:

I'm listening to a clip of Scott the Engineer talking about bowling. Normally I would laugh at Scott any day of the week, but this is so heartbreaking. You can tell bowling is like, the one joy in his life (along with smoking). He sounds like an actual live, human being with hopes and dreams (instead of a sad-eyed, broken man) when he answers the gang's questions. Of course, he gets laughed at and goofed on the entire time because he's Scott the Engineer. It's one of the few times I've heard him sound close to anything remotely resembling happy.

On the show on the day after 9/11, Robin goofed hard on Scott as how he was more bummed out about his bowling game being cancelled than the actual attacks. It's pretty loving good radio.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Riosan posted:

On the show on the day after 9/11, Robin goofed hard on Scott as how he was more bummed out about his bowling game being cancelled than the actual attacks. It's pretty loving good radio.

Didn't he actually show up to the bowling alley, not considering that his weekly league game might be canceled due to the worst terrorist attack in our country's history?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

Didn't he actually show up to the bowling alley, not considering that his weekly league game might be canceled due to the worst terrorist attack in our country's history?

Yup. And he loaned Robin the Smokemobile so she could get home. :allears:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Squashy Nipples posted:

I love the Hanzi bashing that Howard's been doing lately. The guy gets so wound up, it's even better then the old ETM explosions.

I'm a new listener, but after hearing a few Hanzi calls, the loving Hanzi opera song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUSrPf1bglA) had me absolutely howling in my car.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Squashy Nipples posted:

I dunno, there was a pretty good ETM explosion today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

AndrewP posted:

I'm a new listener, but after hearing a few Hanzi calls, the loving Hanzi opera song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUSrPf1bglA) had me absolutely howling in my car.

The Stacy's Mom Hanzi song has been in my loving head for over a week