Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jabro posted:

Wait, I'm about to make my rage guy and was going bow. The arrows aren't red? That is kind of a deal killer. I guess rifle then.

Weapon skins don't change the effects, so energy guns shoot bullets etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Aphrodite posted:

This is why I (almost) always go with melee weapons. As a bonus I think you get some CC resistance with melee weapons equipped, or something similar?

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

jabro posted:

Wait, I'm about to make my rage guy and was going bow. The arrows aren't red? That is kind of a deal killer. I guess rifle then.

The attack visuals for weapons are altered depending on your power. So if you have fire, you throw fireballs and whatnot, ice throws chunks of ice, electricity has lightning effects...I suspect that Rage would give you red arrows, but I wouldn't know.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Your coloration does change some effects, though.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

MJ12 posted:

I suspect that Rage would give you red arrows, but I wouldn't know.

It does. I've been playing with a few Rage DPSes for the past couple of nights.

Some of their attacks make doing the new content a bitch since I can't tell if the blood all over the ground is friendly or "oh gently caress we're all going to die".

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I went with a Flying Rage Villain using Two-Handed. The energy battle axe seemed appropriate. :black101:

Marcus Lang is the name.

I just can't do villains, trying again as Seera Kast hero-side.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 30, 2014

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rage arrows are red. I am a happy man. I haven't played this since release. I am PS4 and will try to add people who've posted here for PS. PSN - BadLeRo

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
We got anything going for the ps4 crowd? I just started playing this pretty casually.

Super Speed is a great movement power.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Rubicon posted:

Super Speed is a great movement power.

Until you get hung up on a street light.

Also the lightning effect bugs me, but I'm picky like that.

e: Does the game not give you the introductory pvp missions now? Could have sworn the first on was at level 5...

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 29, 2014

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Is anyone in game now? I seems I am the only one in the channel?

Does the Hero and Villain side share the same channel? I just wanna play with some goons.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

jerichojx posted:

Does the Hero and Villain side share the same channel?

Yes. I know the nights where I got messages from it, it was I want to say WarLocke playing villain-side, so we couldn't group up.

About to make dinner but I can hop on in a little.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
My rage guy is a villain, forgot to mention that. Serrtan is the name. Just can't do hero again. After doing it so many times, the poo poo just gets old.

whatspeakyou fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 30, 2014

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Every time I see this name it reminds me of a guy who played Diablo (1) way the hell back when, by the name of Sirtan Deth.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

jerichojx posted:

Is anyone in game now? I seems I am the only one in the channel?

Does the Hero and Villain side share the same channel? I just wanna play with some goons.

I swear I was on and no one was saying anything, but it's also possible we just missed each other. Just to be clear though, your channel shows when you say something right?

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

WarLocke posted:

Every time I see this name it reminds me of a guy who played Diablo (1) way the hell back when, by the name of Sirtan Deth.

No, what it probably reminds you of is the guy you originally recruited into DCUO when it first came out. Least I think that was you. You, Wafer, and Raider. Haven't seen/heard from any of those guys since then, actually.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Is the iconic robot pet any good? I'm thinking of taking it just because it's so cute :3:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Playstation Goons, is everyone villain or hero? I don't want to get too far on one side and see that everyone is the opposite.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
"Everyone" is not much anyways, but IIRC most goons are bad guys.

Also, one last attempt to find out if anyone knows of or is a member of a guild that would be good for someone who lives in a european time zone (UTC +4). I saw people recruiting for russian guilds in the chat, but I reeeally don't want to play with other russians, our online communities are always hives of racist, homophobic idiots.

RottenK fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jan 30, 2014

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Are you on the US server, or EU? If the former/you're on Hero, I'll see about getting you into mine, we actually have enough guys that there's a night crew too.

(There's been talk of some of us making a second guild for Villain side but none of us ever goes and DOES it.)

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

WarLocke posted:

Is the iconic robot pet any good? I'm thinking of taking it just because it's so cute :3:

It does okay DPS, but means you only have 5 powers to work with. I'd say yes, it's more than worth it because it's so adorable.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I'm on USPC Heroes.

I'm already on the second hero and it's getting bland.

I'll probably do a HL villain next.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Are you on the US server, or EU? If the former/you're on Hero, I'll see about getting you into mine, we actually have enough guys that there's a night crew too.

(There's been talk of some of us making a second guild for Villain side but none of us ever goes and DOES it.)

Villain, but my guy is only level 10, so starting over shouldn't be a big deal. Tho' it'd be great if we did have a bag guy guild too, hero side is a bit boring and I don't like any of the mentors :v:

I'll have to check the server. I think I'm on US, but I may be wrong.

Professor Lazy
Jun 25, 2011

whatspeakyou posted:

No, what it probably reminds you of is the guy you originally recruited into DCUO when it first came out. Least I think that was you. You, Wafer, and Raider. Haven't seen/heard from any of those guys since then, actually.

Wow, those names take me back!

Syrg Sapphire posted:

I started playing again recently and my league died when I wasn't playing. I'm USPC heroes, so if you could get me into your league it'd be awesome, I miss having other people to play with. Character name is Arcano.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I'm on right now as Ankh Aggressor

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Professor Lazy posted:

I started playing again recently and my league died when I wasn't playing. I'm USPC heroes, so if you could get me into your league it'd be awesome, I miss having other people to play with. Character name is Arcano.

I'll do what I can but right now the dudes with invite are asleep. I'm leaving a message for the higher-ups but if you wanna go for it when I'm not around, ask for someone in All Stars.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'm in a Villain League called the Mad Villains. They're pretty active and all the people in it are cool.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
I'm on PS4 and have been playing my heroes more, but I'm only level 8/7. Casually getting up there and I'm thinking about starting up a gadget/shield character.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I just checked, I'm on USPC. Made a hero character, name's Feminism. Who should I contact to get into your guild, Syrg?

Alternatively, does anyone wants to finally make that villain guild that people sometimes talk about? :v:

[Edit]Should've refreshed the thread before posting.

Fuzz posted:

I'm in a Villain League called the Mad Villains. They're pretty active and all the people in it are cool.

Does anyone plays during eurotime?

RottenK fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 30, 2014

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I'm playing Seera Kast on hero-side USPC and would love an invite to the hero group.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

So now that I'm 'Legendary' and can open as man Promethium Lockboxes as I want, should I be doing that as I get them or do their contents scale to level/CR so I should bank them until 30?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

WarLocke posted:

So now that I'm 'Legendary' and can open as man Promethium Lockboxes as I want, should I be doing that as I get them or do their contents scale to level/CR so I should bank them until 30?

Bank until 30. Then you'll get Marks out of them along with whatever gear they had.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

WarLocke posted:

Opening at basic CR/level 30 gets you 1 Mark of Triumph, CR45ish gets you 1 MoT, CR60ish gets you 25 MoT, CR70ish 125 MoT, CR84ish 1 Mark of Reality. They no longer contain rings/necks which scale depending on your CR (they're now in the vault) just marks, base items and nu 52 styles/auras.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

WarLocke posted:

Bank them until 30 (which takes about no time at all), and then keep getting more CR so you can get the best yield out of all of them.

Just make sure to open them before they expire and go bad.

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.

RottenK posted:

I just checked, I'm on USPC. Made a hero character, name's Feminism. Who should I contact to get into your guild, Syrg?

Alternatively, does anyone wants to finally make that villain guild that people sometimes talk about? :v:

[Edit]Should've refreshed the thread before posting.

Does anyone plays during eurotime?

Me and another goon made a villain guild called fantastic farts, if you'd like to join. primarisx is my steam name which is probably the best way to reach me.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I think I made it into a wall.

I am about CR44 and I seems to me in order to progress I can only do Singles and Duos.

Tier 1 Raids seem too difficult for pubs.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

jerichojx posted:

I think I made it into a wall.

I am about CR44 and I seems to me in order to progress I can only do Singles and Duos.

Tier 1 Raids seem too difficult for pubs.

This is why Legendary/expansions are great. You could really easily do sub-avatars to gear up to CR 53 so you can enter Central City, then do all that stuff to pretty quickly jump up to the 70s and start doing Tier 3 stuff.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Primaris posted:

Me and another goon made a villain guild called fantastic farts, if you'd like to join. primarisx is my steam name which is probably the best way to reach me.

I sent you a friend request on Steam.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

What's the goon chat channel? The OP is old enough that I wasn't sure if that's it, since I'm in another called Goonsquad. Going to be playing for a few hours today and it'd be cool to actually run into some goons.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I'm in goonlimited but I rarely see anyone in there. That's the one big issue with this game, there's not enough goon interest to have people online you can bullshit with like some other games. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Is it possible to actually text chat in the channel? I've never really messed with it, and it seems to be a voice channel only. Also I'm ArchRanger on Steam if anyone wants to add me there. I've kept my sub active but haven't actually played in a couple months, so trying to get back into it. oh god I forgot how to play every one of my characters

• Locked thread