Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'm willing to bet that someone already has more than 50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS

Nitrox posted:

it's not hard, on a mobile defense the oxyspreys spawn a ton and drop 2 oxiums per oxysprey. two runs of kappa (or a similar mobdef) and you're basically done if the rng decides to cooperate even a little

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Doing a few Tower I capture missions with fellow goon Sarern.

We are really good at this game.

Objectivist Rapist
Mar 25, 2007

Rape is a construct
and I'm an engineer

Nitrox posted:

s'not terribly hard. I ran a Xini or two and have about thirty (and a near maxed out Soma, which is so, so lovely.)

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I ran Kappa twice and got 80 (got exactly 40 each run) so yeah it's really easy to get.

OscarWins
Sep 6, 2004
glomp me

Objectivist Rapist posted:

s'not terribly hard. I ran a Xini or two and have about thirty (and a near maxed out Soma, which is so, so lovely.)

Can confirm, averaging about 10 - 12 per 20 minute Xini run. After about 20 mins it starts to slow down.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Cyath - Eris also dumps 20-40 of them, much like Kappa.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Just as a heads up, the affinity booster will automatically activate once you reach 50 oxium. The quest instantly finishes, so don't plan on saving the booster for the weekend.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
:siren: PS4 Alert. Metis/Jupiter. Speed Holster aura :shobon:

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

BarkingSquirrel posted:

:siren: PS4 Alert. Metis/Jupiter. Speed Holster aura :shobon:

Speed Holster is definitely the most :shobon: aura. "No, really guys, I'm helping!"

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

SilentW posted:

Speed Holster is definitely the most :shobon: aura. "No, really guys, I'm helping!"
Speed Holster is weird in that it's arguably the lowest impact aura and it gives less points than any other aura.

Objectivist Rapist
Mar 25, 2007

Rape is a construct
and I'm an engineer

Insert name here posted:

I ran Kappa twice and got 80 (got exactly 40 each run) so yeah it's really easy to get.

Holy poo poo, you ain't kidding. Pulled 38 of 'em out of one run and it was a lot more relaxing than the usual Xini trips.

Objectivist Rapist fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 30, 2014

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Is this update out for the PS4 yet or just PC?

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
From the last Nightmare alert:

"Four Rhinos walk into a spaceship"

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

"Why did I even queue with a group"

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Is it because I'm playing with pubbies or is there really some other reason I'll finish a mission with 150 kills and the next closest will be like 9

Edit: ^^^ That's exactly what I'm talking about

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Daric posted:

Is it because I'm playing with pubbies or is there really some other reason I'll finish a mission with 150 kills and the next closest will be like 9

Edit: ^^^ That's exactly what I'm talking about

It's pubbies, they're terrible, but also because many of them are slow as gently caress so the player who goes first can easily take out most of the enemies before the rest of the players even see them.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The results for the new community melee weapons are in! The top 3 winners are

"Sword and Board"

"Bladed Tonfa"

"Infested Mios"

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Daric posted:

Is this update out for the PS4 yet or just PC?
Just PC right now, PS4 updates are currently lagging behind PC by about 6 weeks.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The Mios is certainly :kratos: inspired.

Also, PS4 goons who are struggling with the rank 8 test, I just completed it the cheap way, because gently caress if I'd finish it the right way. Here's the trick:

- Be a Loki (if you're rank 8, you've probably got one by now)
- You will need decoy and switch teleport. Max out your power range / efficiency as much as possible for switch teleport. An energy siphon is probably a must here too in case you gently caress up a bit like I did.
- Go into your controller settings and turn off needing to hold for wall runs. This means you'll be able to aim and shoot without having to hold X (thanks Doji for this tip). You should probably play around and get a feel for how it works before attempting the test.
- Equip an ignis
- The first platforms will require an honest run, no cheating. Just keep trying and you should be able to get it. Once you get to the next circular platform, then you can game the system.
- Aim and drop a decoy on the next circular platform. It may take a couple of tries but once you do that, you're golden - just switch teleport to it.
- You may get to a point where the angle of decoy is difficult. I found that on the last run before the final circular platform, I ended up instead of running sideways on the parkour wall, I ran vertically up and I climbed to the top of the wall where I could walk around. The next thing I did was walking to where I was right under the circular platform and jumped to where my head just popped out of the floor. This triggered me finishing the test and I won. Edit: Do what this person does
- Take your time. There's no time limit.
- You get your retries back once you make it to a new circular platform.

Whew. I'm finally able to build my embolist :)

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 30, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Piell posted:

"Infested Mios"

The Tenno were almost annihilated, BUT THE SOUL STILL BURNS.

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!

Piell posted:

"Sword and Board"

"Bladed Tonfa"

"Infested Mios"

Cool that 2 of my top 3 were winners, but man I really never wanted those tonfas, they seem so boring gameplay wise compared to the other options that were there. (I wanted that pile bunker so bad.)

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Man, another PC patch, and still no god drat character copy to PS4. I can understand it not being out right at release but jesus it has gotten a bit ridiculous at this point, I dropped 50 bucks on the game on PC back in the day after hearing my account would be able to copy over and have a ton of poo poo unlocked but at this rate my friends are going to be burnt out on the game by the time I can actually play with them on PS4. I could have sworn they said last week at some point that it would be in early this week.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

They said it was in the final stages of testing, they didn't give a specific time frame.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
They said that 2 weeks ago but I am pretty sure they posted an update to it last week. Oh well, just venting I suppose, I've just been very disappointed in how most of the F2P ps4 games have been handled so far but I guess this isn't really the place to bitch about that.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Piell posted:

"Sword and Board"

"Bladed Tonfa"

"Infested Mios"

These all look really good and I'm glad DE can at least seem to judge contests well enough.

I haven't been playing much lately, but what's the deal with the detron? is it actually a good gun? Because it looked like just another shotgun pistol to me when the corpus crewmen were using it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

animaCartographer posted:

Cool that 2 of my top 3 were winners, but man I really never wanted those tonfas, they seem so boring gameplay wise compared to the other options that were there. (I wanted that pile bunker so bad.)
Man gently caress those tonfas anyone who voted for another useless fist weapon is so dumb.

Oh what could have been...

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

AndroidHub posted:

I haven't been playing much lately, but what's the deal with the detron? is it actually a good gun? Because it looked like just another shotgun pistol to me when the corpus crewmen were using it.
If you have a Brakk, it's just a Brakk that deals radiation damage.

My suspicion is that it will be broken as hell with a potate and 2-3 Formas. The base damage per pellet is decent, and it responds well to multi shot mods. If it has a downside, it's that the magazine is tiny and you reload a lot. And the spread is huge.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

According to the Codex, Oxium Ospreys can drop Hell's Chamber.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Piell posted:

The results for the new community melee weapons are in!

Those are good picks by DE, although the tonfa are a little boring and I would've also preferred the DRILL PUNCH.

Sword & board is a good first place with melee 2.0. I hope they stick with the idea of having it holstered on the arm with the equip animation the dude concepted, it would look awesome.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jan 30, 2014

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Bruc posted:

They said that 2 weeks ago but I am pretty sure they posted an update to it last week. Oh well, just venting I suppose, I've just been very disappointed in how most of the F2P ps4 games have been handled so far but I guess this isn't really the place to bitch about that.

I imagine the hardest thing to do right now is bringing the PS4 version in line with PC.

For example getting a second shot at the Ciecro event would probably get the :qq: crowd crying about it being unfair only people with PS4's get to do it again and a second chance at all the rewards. Granted they would have a point, but sensible reactions aren't a thing on the internet.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
So was the rocket hammer a thing that's actually happening or was that one of the contest submissions that didn't make it? Because I really want a loving rocket hammer.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
There was a Grineer rocket-sledgehammer mentioned in the last stream, but that's a two-hander. The one-handed 'pile-bunker' was a Design Council idea that didn't make the final cut, sadly.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Serpentis posted:

There was a Grineer rocket-sledgehammer mentioned in the last stream, but that's a two-hander. The one-handed 'pile-bunker' was a Design Council idea that didn't make the final cut, sadly.

They might still make it when they run out of ideas.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Piell posted:

It's pubbies, they're terrible, but also because many of them are slow as gently caress so the player who goes first can easily take out most of the enemies before the rest of the players even see them.

Based oy experience a lot of them don't play the tutorial that tells you the basic mechanics.

Then they just get carried and you find yourself trying to do a defense on Sedna or something with somebody who still has the MK-1 Braton, Lato, and Skana. :negative:

E: once I was in a survival game with three. They all promptly burned their revives and kept yelling at me to extract even though I was fine because I don't suck at this game.

They kept not shutting up so I disconnected :v:

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jan 30, 2014

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
You've given me a plan to six forma a MK-1 Braton.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Carecat posted:

You've given me a plan to six forma a MK-1 Braton.
It's been done to prove a point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv9BjH8ra2E

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Good thing the current event gives an affinity booster, I guess?

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
I did not play this on PC - for some reason even though I have over 250 games on Steam, I always end up playing TF2 - but it absolutely grabbed me on PS4.

During the Steam Holiday sale I crafted myself the Vauban skin and the phased scarf. It would be absolutely ridiculous to think that DE would let me copy those 2 things over to my PS4 account wouldn't it?

I mean, the items look cool but I'm not gonna overwrite my PS4 account that has nearly every frame (gently caress you Ember Prime) with an unused PC account with 2 coolish skins. I can dream though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Those melee suggestions only make the anticipation of a buffed melee system all the more agonizing. I mean, I'm currently leveling un-potato'd fang and having a blast turning grineer into finely sliced salami but it's so painfully obvious that melee is simply garbage once enemies do tons of damage and have a lot of health.