Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Has any comedy sequel besides Waynes World 2 ever done this?

Uhhh I liked Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey more than the original but I'm sure some would disagree (like I disagree with Wayne's World 2 being same level as original Wayne's World). Hot Shots Part Deux was equal or better than the original Hot Shots! I think the best example though is Gremlin's 2: The New Batch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Corek posted:

Paquin won too. She isn't in the movie, but she is in that image.

To recap: Anna Paquin (1993), Halle Berry (2001), and Jennifer Lawrence (2012) are Oscar winners. Ian McKellen (1998/2001), Ellen Page (2007), Hugh Jackman (2013), and Michael Fassbender (2014) are nominees.

Ah, Jennifer Lawrence was actually the one who I forgot won, I only remembered her being nominated.

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Uhhh I liked Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey more than the original but I'm sure some would disagree (like I disagree with Wayne's World 2 being same level as original Wayne's World). Hot Shots Part Deux was equal or better than the original Hot Shots! I think the best example though is Gremlin's 2: The New Batch.

I'm not as crazy about Gremlins 2 as a lot of people here are but these are all acceptable answers, especially Hot Shots Part Deux which is way better than the first. Good call.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Ah, Jennifer Lawrence was actually the one who I forgot won, I only remembered her being nominated.

I'm not as crazy about Gremlins 2 as a lot of people here are but these are all acceptable answers, especially Hot Shots Part Deux which is way better than the first. Good call.

Addams Family Values, too.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

morestuff posted:

poo poo, I really feel like an idiot for forgetting that one, that's one of my favorite comedies ever.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Corek posted:

Evil Dead 2

Does it count if the original movie wasn't a comedy? :v:

And I actually enjoyed Ted but Seth MacFarlane is responsible for Dads so gently caress him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Holy gently caress.

I do not want to grab a pizza with these guys.

AFewBricksShy posted:

That is horrifying.

Makes me think of this...

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Corek posted:

Evil Dead 2

The original is a better comedy and a better horror movie. Just a better movie in general.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I absolutely agree that Evil Dead 2 is a better movie than the first (although they're both great), but Evil Dead isn't a comedy (I know some of you are going to insist it is, but here's the thing: it's not) so it doesn't really fit the kind of thing I was referring to.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Gremlins is a different kind of comedy and I always found it unfair to compare the two. The first movie was more of a dark comedy while the second clearly took it's unfluences from Tex Avery and cartoons. Both movies are great in their own right but are so different that I can't say which is better.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
e: nvm

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

CaptainHollywood posted:

Umm.... this does not look good.

:cry: They will haunt me in my nightmares.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

kiimo posted:

Makes me think of this...

Which is why it's absolutely perfect.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I thought Scary Movie 2 & 3 were funnier than the first one

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Before I read the Sandman, Bill and Ted's was my favorite personification of death.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

achillesforever6 posted:

Before I read the Sandman, Bill and Ted's was my favorite personification of death.

You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

(twirls scythe over head)

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

CaptainHollywood posted:

Holy crap. It's as though they were mutated by way of Robocop's Detroit.

riversarl
Nov 11, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Ace Ventura 2? The first was great, but the second has so many setpieces (Rhino, spears in legs) that I would rank as some of the finest physical comedy ever.

tokidoki
Feb 23, 2006

Damn bunnies!

riversarl posted:

Ace Ventura 2? The first was great, but the second has so many setpieces (Rhino, spears in legs) that I would rank as some of the finest physical comedy ever.

Totally agree. The second one makes me laugh my rear end off.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ghostpilot posted:

Holy crap. It's as though they were mutated by way of Robocop's Detroit.

Don't be absurd. There won't be any mutants in that movie.

(I'm eagerly waiting for someone to take this bait.)

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 30, 2014

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

CaptainHollywood posted:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus Christ. This is the most grotesque thing I think I've seen all year.

Actually, their faces remind me of Gremlins 2. The thick lips particularly, but also things like Michelangelo's eyes.

And it looks like Raphael's color is pink. That's adorable.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 30, 2014

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

CaptainHollywood posted:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Gollums.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Is it possible to add Austin Powers 2 to the mix? While the first was more satire than spoof- part 2 full embraced it's ridiculousness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhvHfiMEeRQ

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno. Those look like Ninja Turtles. Better than the 3rd movie's masks, or the last video game's redesign. (e: or the Transformers vs their cartoon counterparts.)

I just want to see a version with no CG applied over the mocap suits.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 30, 2014

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lotish posted:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus Christ. This is the most grotesque thing I think I've seen all year.

Actually, their faces remind me of Gremlins 2. The thick lips particularly, but also things like Michelangelo's eyes.

And it looks like Raphael's color is pink. That's adorable.

I think there's something about the colors on those posters. The actual Turtle miniatures they use on set have more traditional colors.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

morestuff posted:

Like Wayne's World 2, Addams Family Values doesn't work as well if you watch it right after the first. Both movies have some of my favorite scenes from their franchises, but as a whole aren't as cohesive.

In Wayne's World, I really like Walken, James Hong's martial arts fight against Wayne, the roadie character and the Graduate ending. As a whole though too many jokes were recycled or just fell flat.

With Addams Family Values, I really love the whole camp plot as well as the baby stuff, but Fester's plot pales so much in comparison to everything in the first movie that the whole thing suffers as a result. Nathan Lane playing so radically against type as the gruff and sarcastic cop was pretty great though.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Yodzilla posted:

And I actually enjoyed Ted but Seth MacFarlane is responsible for Dads so gently caress him.

Oh god, the trailer for Dads was so...horrendously unfunny it reached Work It! levels of offensiveness, with its tired, lame sexism and racism (ugh, the whole "let's dress you up as an asian schoolgirl!" thing was so gross I felt like I need to go and take a shower afterwards.) And yeah, I've watched all of Work It! (so I could review it for my show) and it's a real abomination. I'm beginning to think that America just can't do sitcoms.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Corek posted:

Paquin won too. She isn't in the movie, but she is in that image.

To recap: Anna Paquin (1993), Halle Berry (2001), and Jennifer Lawrence (2012) are Oscar winners. Ian McKellen (1998/2001), Ellen Page (2007), Hugh Jackman (2013), and Michael Fassbender (2014) are nominees.

Almost to Dark Knight Rises levels:
Bale (winner 2011, nominated 2014), Oldman (nominated 2012), Hathaway (nominated 2009, winner 2013), Cotillard (winner 2008), Freeman (winner 2005, four other nominations), Caine (2 wins, 4 nominations), and Neeson (nominated 1994)

I probably spent too much time on imdb looking up that info, but I just love the idea of Oscar-winning actors/actresses starring in comic book movies.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Yodzilla posted:

He's also responsible for American Dad which has introduced to many how batshit insane Patrick Stewart is so it all balances out.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey
Great Muppet Caper
Rush Hour 2 (maybe)

^ Stewart is nuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WViTzC_SRHw

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 30, 2014

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Safe House with Patrick Stewart is hilarious.

Until the last 10 minutes. Then it gets dark and serious and non-hilarious.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jan 30, 2014

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Lotish posted:

I really don't understand why they need to have such human lips. And eyes. And two of them have noses. Are they human-turtle hybrids now?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Cacator posted:

I really don't understand why they need to have such human lips. And eyes. And two of them have noses. Are they human-turtle hybrids now?

Weren't they always?

The creepier looking the better imo.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sassassin posted:

Weren't they always?

No, they're just mutated turtles.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
They're heroes. In a half shell.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
And they're green.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I like the turtle designs. It reminds me of the original film but with a texture update.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
A Shot in the Dark
Hot Shots Deux
Gremlins 2

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Vagabundo posted:

Also, new poster for Noah.

What angle is he standing at?

He looks like Kimbo Slice.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's really funny to see the likes of Jennifer Lawrence and Fassbender in this now.

Apparently Fassbender basically had to be forced to do the movie at gunpoint.

CaptainHollywood posted:

God I hope this is real.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

No, they're just mutated turtles.

No, I think this they're going with aliens, hence why it's called "Ninja Turtles".

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Young Freud posted:

No, I think this they're going with aliens, hence why it's called "Ninja Turtles".

Alien plot was dropped. The name was shortened to be succinct and because it's an already known property, just like X-MEN turning to X2 doesn't mean there are no men in the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I was looking at the dvd for The Burning and I never noticed just how uninspired the artwork was.

Even the tag line feels lazy.

The recent blu ray seemed to put some effort into it and put this together.

It even includes a flip side that has the original artwork.

The dvd wasn't the only uninspired artwork, the uk video covers were just down right lazy.