Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Vib Rib posted:

The digital miner is almost too good. Once you get any kind of power set up for it (even a windmill or two is enough to run it forever with silk touch on) and dump a handful of fairly cheap upgrades into it, it turns into a mining laser that's faster, cheaper, and lets you specify exactly which ore you want. Leave it alone for two minutes and you've got hundreds of certus quartz ore. You'll never go hungry again.

The cost of the digital miner is really all up front - it takes quite a bit to build, and is kind of a pain to make. Compare it to a quarry, instead of the laser drill. It's still pulling out already existing blocks, after all. And if you want more resources, you do have to pick it up, move it, set up power and item transport, whereas the laser drill you just set it up and forget about it.

The digital miner probably could use a bit of toning down, but it's not meant to be compared to the laser drill. (Although the fact really is that once you get that kind of automation going, resources are no longer a problem, no matter what method you choose.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Decided I wanted to take a break from NST Diet, and headed over to curse to see what they had for adventure maps.

So much garbage. So much.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Serifina posted:

The cost of the digital miner is really all up front - it takes quite a bit to build, and is kind of a pain to make. Compare it to a quarry, instead of the laser drill. It's still pulling out already existing blocks, after all. And if you want more resources, you do have to pick it up, move it, set up power and item transport, whereas the laser drill you just set it up and forget about it.

The digital miner probably could use a bit of toning down, but it's not meant to be compared to the laser drill. (Although the fact really is that once you get that kind of automation going, resources are no longer a problem, no matter what method you choose.)
Yeah, that's why I don't protest it so much. At that point I'm pretty well set no matter what.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah, that's why I don't protest it so much. At that point I'm pretty well set no matter what.

Amusingly, Thaumcraft's arcane bore is probably the most balanced of the lot. Takes forever to get to, takes a bit to get running, requires replacement of picks (or repair and that's slow as hell) and has a fairly small radius, even with max potency on the focus.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Is there a smoother process for trying Lua scripts in ComputerCraft inside NST without having to shoehorn the script into its archive file? I see that it chokes up and crashes if you try to insert a newer file in while everything is running, which means having to restart Minecraft every time I have a syntax error.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Is there a smoother process for trying Lua scripts in ComputerCraft inside NST without having to shoehorn the script into its archive file? I see that it chokes up and crashes if you try to insert a newer file in while everything is running, which means having to restart Minecraft every time I have a syntax error.

You should use pastebin and the HTTP API.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

In my day we edited our programs with vi and we LIKED it!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

axelsoar posted:

In my day we edited our programs right on the computer inside minecraft!

Imagine how terrible that would be :v:

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Arrath posted:

Imagine how terrible that would be :v:

Funny thing is, that thing is less functional than vi. I guess being able to click to move the cursor is nice though.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
There's a disk hidden in dungeons sometimes called LuaIDE that has an editor on it. This looks like the same editor but with a download LuaIDE.

Edit: Apparently it is, but this version is updated.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

axelsoar posted:

In my day we edited our programs with vi and we LIKED it!

VI :stonk: . You're a monster, the only good editor is VIM! :colbert:

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

mechaet posted:

You should use pastebin and the HTTP API.
I could see that working, but that kind of offends my sensibilities. In order to easily insert a script inside a computer inside my computer, I have to send it halfway across the planet. I guess presumably I could just have a little mini server up when I'm doing this and try to do GETs to localhost.

More Never Stop Toasting Trip Reports:
Since I'm still short on diamonds, obsidian, and backup materials for converting to them with a Minium Stone, I tried out this mining script last night. The little thing immediately started digging down and disappeared. That is how it works, but I was terrified it dropped dead down there and I'd never see it again. So I dug a side shaft to keep an eye on it. I wind up in a completely new cavern to me, with monsters all over the place. A big fight ensues, and then when the smoke clears, I can here the <thunk> <thunk> <thunk> of blocks being mined. I turn around and for a moment in the dark corner, I see the little guy passing by, banging away. :wave:

It emerged with all kinds of stuff, but never coal, obsidian or diamonds. The patch where it was playing looks to have been lava-free so I guess that scratches obsidian. It was an 8x8 square so it's possible diamonds wouldn't be there. I also recollected the turtle at the end without looking at its inventory, and it vomited a bunch of stuff down into the huge hole it had made. By the time I figured out that stuff might have been important, I think the despawn timer had triggered.

One issue was the amount of cobblestone I got. The script looks at whatever is in the inventory at the start, and ignores that while digging. I think it is ignoring most cobblestone, but it still comes up with a few stacks. I'm just assuming that's the cost of doing business; it does still mine the sequence it needs to check every block, and that means hitting some stone. But still, are there any other blocks that turn to regular cobblestone when mined? It looks like I need to add marble and basalt to the ignore list because it's dragging up tons of that too.

Right now I'm swimming in copper. Is that a material that is often in short supply with industrial mods? I'm assuming the main problem is 4 mods contribute copper, and together I get their sum. I think my ratio of copper to iron, for example, is 5:1. Tin is a close second in abundance. I'm pondering doubling or tripling the diamond rate, because so much stuff needs that and it looks like that's still at the traditional spawn rate. I think I've only seen three of them naturally so far.

I'm pondering converting some gold to diamonds to I can make more diamond picks, and get four of these miners going at once in a grid. That's assuming I can keep them well-fed. In that regard, how do people generally use them for tree farming for charcoal? Does TreeCapitator work with turtles? I also wonder about rubber. What I had read was that they produce some sap on the sides and that's what you have to tap, but I don't see anything unique on the ones I have run into the wild, nor the ones I have planted.

BrightGreenLine
Sep 2, 2004
oh :gonk:
Make sure it's filtering by smooth stone, and not cobblestone.

As well, it'll still bring up lots of cobblestone just because the world is mostly stone. Even if it's smart about digging, with an 8 by 8 digging area, that's at least 64 blocks per level. Since the world contains far more stone than anything else, expect multiple stacks of double relative to all other blocks.

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Right now I'm swimming in copper. Is that a material that is often in short supply with industrial mods? I'm assuming the main problem is 4 mods contribute copper, and together I get their sum. I think my ratio of copper to iron, for example, is 5:1. Tin is a close second in abundance. I'm pondering doubling or tripling the diamond rate, because so much stuff needs that and it looks like that's still at the traditional spawn rate. I think I've only seen three of them naturally so far.

I'm pondering converting some gold to diamonds to I can make more diamond picks, and get four of these miners going at once in a grid. That's assuming I can keep them well-fed. In that regard, how do people generally use them for tree farming for charcoal? Does TreeCapitator work with turtles? I also wonder about rubber. What I had read was that they produce some sap on the sides and that's what you have to tap, but I don't see anything unique on the ones I have run into the wild, nor the ones I have planted.

Copper and tin are both extremely common in the NST pack. If you're using Applied Energistics, you might want to consider converting some of it to iron or gold, seeing as you need a lot of both to make high-tier AE stuff. The assembler chamber, which does automatic crafting, takes up several stacks of both iron and gold, especially if you build it bigger than the 3x3 bare minimum.

The rubber trees you're thinking of are from IndustrialCraft 2, which is not included in the NST pack. You're going to want to look for the MineFactory Reloaded rubber trees, which have no sap spots on the sides. You get the drops of rubber by just chopping down the tree.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I could see that working, but that kind of offends my sensibilities. In order to easily insert a script inside a computer inside my computer, I have to send it halfway across the planet. I guess presumably I could just have a little mini server up when I'm doing this and try to do GETs to localhost.

Since I'm still short on diamonds, obsidian, and backup materials for converting to them with a Minium Stone, I tried out this mining script last night. The little thing immediately started digging down and disappeared. That is how it works, but I was terrified it dropped dead down there and I'd never see it again. So I dug a side shaft to keep an eye on it. I wind up in a completely new cavern to me, with monsters all over the place. A big fight ensues, and then when the smoke clears, I can here the <thunk> <thunk> <thunk> of blocks being mined. I turn around and for a moment in the dark corner, I see the little guy passing by, banging away. :wave:

It emerged with all kinds of stuff, but never coal, obsidian or diamonds. The patch where it was playing looks to have been lava-free so I guess that scratches obsidian. It was an 8x8 square so it's possible diamonds wouldn't be there. I also recollected the turtle at the end without looking at its inventory, and it vomited a bunch of stuff down into the huge hole it had made. By the time I figured out that stuff might have been important, I think the despawn timer had triggered.

One issue was the amount of cobblestone I got. The script looks at whatever is in the inventory at the start, and ignores that while digging. I think it is ignoring most cobblestone, but it still comes up with a few stacks. I'm just assuming that's the cost of doing business; it does still mine the sequence it needs to check every block, and that means hitting some stone. But still, are there any other blocks that turn to regular cobblestone when mined? It looks like I need to add marble and basalt to the ignore list because it's dragging up tons of that too.

I've used that script a bit too, try this one out though, I like it better.

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/6766-mlg-mining-circular-branch-mining/

It requires a bit of setup, and learning the command line parameters, but once you get it going it's damned amazing. I recommend starting with a single tunnel and maybe 8 shafts at level y5 or so depending on bedrock of your server. Once you get the hang of it you can start doing larger builds. I've edited the config (literally "edit config") to have the defaults I like (torches, onechest, 2 blocks between shafts, radius 3, etc).

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
It's been so long since I've dicked around with modpacks that I'm not sure whether or not it's still safe to yank certain mods out of modpacks. Like I want to take NST and strip Galacticraft, ICBM, Logipipes, and probably a few other mods that I don't care for, don't want, or don't need. Does that run a risk of screwing up the pack at all?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Thanks everybody. I may try that other script tonight, but first I suspect I will have to recover the turtle that was running the other program when I shut down for the day. Now it's probably in the middle of that 8x8x50 region it was digging up.

I didn't realize I was dealing with different rubber trees. Hoooo boy. :p

I made sure to use smooth stone when instruction the miner what blocks to ignore. I guess what it produces was just from the mechanics of what it was running.

At this point I have a double chest of cobblestone, with more to come. Are there any clever uses for it? I'm pondering just expanding out the little island I'm on and landfilling, but I'm wondering if there are any conversions I should be investigating to help me out here.

My goal is to build my undersea dome and then trying most of the cool stuff. I was hoping I didn't end up cramming all the cool stuff into this cramped space just to be able to build the dome. :(

Edit: I guess I should pay more attention to equivalent exchange and what I'm doing there. There at last something I can do with cobblestone with that.

Rocko Bonaparte fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 30, 2014

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

D34THROW posted:

It's been so long since I've dicked around with modpacks that I'm not sure whether or not it's still safe to yank certain mods out of modpacks. Like I want to take NST and strip Galacticraft, ICBM, Logipipes, and probably a few other mods that I don't care for, don't want, or don't need. Does that run a risk of screwing up the pack at all?

If you're only playing single player, removing mods should never be an issue, unless that mod is a dependency for another mod in the pack.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

m2pt5 posted:

If you're only playing single player, removing mods should never be an issue, unless that mod is a dependency for another mod in the pack.

The one other risk I can think of is that if the pack was configured so that, say, all copper ore spawns were disabled except for mod X's and you remove mod X, you'll wind up with worlds without any copper in them. I seriously doubt NST made Galacticraft the sole provider of any resource like that, though.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

At this point I have a double chest of cobblestone, with more to come. Are there any clever uses for it? I'm pondering just expanding out the little island I'm on and landfilling, but I'm wondering if there are any conversions I should be investigating to help me out here.

Edit: I guess I should pay more attention to equivalent exchange and what I'm doing there. There at last something I can do with cobblestone with that.

Ha, so you found the cobblestone/dirt -> gravel -> clay -> clay block -> iron -> gold -> diamond EE crafting line, eh? I once made a turtle chain to process my storage as a sort of programming exercise. It took it about 20-30 minutes to get one diamond out of that due to the sheer volume of starter material you'll need (and that turtles further down the line are constantly waiting for their input to be available):

1 diamond requires
4 gold or
8 * 4 iron or
8 * 4^2 clay blocks or
8 * 4^3 clay or
8 * 4^4 gravel or
8 * 4^5 cobblestone/dirt

for a grand total of 8 192 blocks.

You can also pulverize cobblestone into sand and 10% gravel which is slightly more useful. But then again, I tend towards glass structures.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

Aaaaand now I've forgotten how the gently caress to set up a server. How do I get the required Forge libraries and where do I put them? The last time I did this was with Toast Crunchy way back when and I had to dick around on the Forge files site to get the libraries, but they seem to...ah...not be there now, and the libs that the Forge installer downloaded for server versions do nothing.

EDIT: I just got somewhere...but now I'm getting this and it's not a series of errors I recognize:

quote:

Jan 30, 2014 2:23:13 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log

INFO: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker

INFO: Using primary tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker

INFO: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker

A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:48)

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:17)

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/common/collect/Lists

at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.acceptOptions(FMLTweaker.java:52)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:110)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

... 6 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.common.collect.Lists

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

... 9 more

EDIT: I...think I got it. :crossarms: Changed out the JAR on the server for the one from the Forge installer and it worked!

No wait, I lied. None of the mods are loading? Why is this all so foreign to me all of a sudden?

D34THROW fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 30, 2014

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

The other option is to setup a little repository of your own and create an auto update script. I use this php script and this loader script. The php script's sanitize function is likely not safe for public use or across operating systems.

You drop it in a folder and create a src\ directory. It then checks src\ for files or project files. It uses the timestamp the file was uploaded as as a version system. It supports project files so you can have the loader grab multiple files at once, and for more complex projects they can just call the loader's loadFile function and it will version check and then load the file if it's the latest version. Once the the loader finishes it things it calls a start() function, which one of your loaded files should have if you want to run off of the loader. If you are just using it to download a script without a start function the loader should gracefully quit when start is not found and then you can do whatever.

Or, you can use something even simpler:

code:
local r = http.get(url)
local c = r.readAll()
r.close()
local f = fs.open(file, "w")
f.write(c)
f.close()
That is my manual http get script that I write to download my loader on servers with pastebin disabled but the http api enabled. Which is the default in FTB Ultimate and on some servers that want you to "write" your own turtle code there.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 30, 2014

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Halibut Barn posted:

The one other risk I can think of is that if the pack was configured so that, say, all copper ore spawns were disabled except for mod X's and you remove mod X, you'll wind up with worlds without any copper in them. I seriously doubt NST made Galacticraft the sole provider of any resource like that, though.

Yeah, NST doesn't have any of the ore gens turned off, so remove stuff at will. There are like 6 sources of copper in there, taking out a mod or two won't make em all disappear.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Sage Grimm posted:

Ha, so you found the cobblestone/dirt -> gravel -> clay -> clay block -> iron -> gold -> diamond EE crafting line, eh?

1 diamond requires
8 * 4^5 cobblestone/dirt

for a grand total of 8 192 blocks.

Yeah I looked at that and it looks like your math is correct. That's 128 full inventory slots of cobblestones, but I guess with a cobblestone generator I could get by. Beyond that is the Minium Stones that I'd have to use. IIRC they are good for something like 1,500 operations, so I suspect I'd need maybe 6 of them. I don't know of a method of generating a bunch of those yet. I think I need to rethink this. :p

(I should just increase the diamond rate in the config because I really don't have the time for this)

Khorne posted:

The other option is to setup a little repository of your own and create an auto update script. I use this php script and this loader script. The php script's sanitize function is likely not safe for public use or across operating systems.

I found within Python it's pretty easy to start up a dumb HTTP server in a directory, so I think I'll run that out of the source project directory of the editor I'm using. It looks like you got all the code for actually moving the stuff down, so I can work with that. Thanks!

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Arrath posted:

Yeah, NST doesn't have any of the ore gens turned off, so remove stuff at will. There are like 6 sources of copper in there, taking out a mod or two won't make em all disappear.

And not all the mods play so nicely together either.

Modular powersuits doesn't recognize the copper my smeltery puts out, so no wire. And no powersuit. I'm doing a Magic playthrough anyway, but how much more badass can you get than Dr Strange in the Iron Man armor?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Yeah I looked at that and it looks like your math is correct. That's 128 full inventory slots of cobblestones, but I guess with a cobblestone generator I could get by. Beyond that is the Minium Stones that I'd have to use. IIRC they are good for something like 1,500 operations, so I suspect I'd need maybe 6 of them. I don't know of a method of generating a bunch of those yet. I think I need to rethink this. :p

(I should just increase the diamond rate in the config because I really don't have the time for this)

Well if you decide to go the way I did turtles don't damage Minium Stones when they use them in crafts. That's pretty much the only advantage you gain; Turtles can only craft one item at a time with them because...I honestly don't know. And I'm also certain you have to make them drop the result too or the next craft will fail to produce anything since it's affecting the crafting grid.

I started it with the end result being clay because I had a project requiring a large number of bricks. The turtle setup did keep a steady stream coming in (lot faster than ordering a set made via my auto-craft setup!) but then I was only needing 16 blocks per result. The turtles required to get back to that speed in producing diamond would grow exponentially, just like the amount you need!

It's a fun widget to play with but it isn't a good way to get diamonds, definitely.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

*snip*

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing with us your trip reports, I find them very helpful to my efforts to make something fun. I agree with you on the ore gen rates and multiplicity of some of the ores; I hadn't discovered how to use the CoFH worldgen options when I built the pack, but today if I were to do it again there'd be some pretty massive ore spawn changes.

RickVoid posted:

Modular powersuits doesn't recognize the copper my smeltery puts out, so no wire. And no powersuit. I'm doing a Magic playthrough anyway, but how much more badass can you get than Dr Strange in the Iron Man armor?
The Unifier exists for a reason; any copper can become any other copper using that handy machine.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

Welp, now the server's chugging along merrily, but when I try to join it, NST dumps unceremoniously to desktop with no error screen, but the logs say something about out of memory. What's weird is that Toast:Crunchy worked just fine on this computer. I may have to switch back to my laptop. :sigh:

Is there a way to force-allocate more memory than what the Technic launcher will allow?

D34THROW fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 30, 2014

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

RickVoid posted:

Is there any easy way to fix that?

mechaet posted:

The Unifier exists for a reason; any copper can become any other copper using that handy machine.

/\/\/\

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

RadioDog fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 30, 2014

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

mechaet posted:

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing with us your trip reports, I find them very helpful to my efforts to make something fun. I agree with you on the ore gen rates and multiplicity of some of the ores; I hadn't discovered how to use the CoFH worldgen options when I built the pack, but today if I were to do it again there'd be some pretty massive ore spawn changes.

You should update the ore spawns for NST and Diet and just throw the changed configs in there. Existing chunks won't be affected, but new chunks would have the unified ore spawns.

For anyone manual mining in NST, make yourself a Miner's Backpack ASAP. The Forestry backpacks are the most useful thing in the mod. I never go anywhere without a Digger's and Hunter's backpack, or mining without a Miner's backpack.

e.

RickVoid posted:

MPS works fine with TC copper on my NST install, not sure if mechaet did anything to fix that though.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

bbcisdabomb posted:

MPS works fine with TC copper on my NST install, not sure if mechaet did anything to fix that though.

I've noticed that I get different ingots if I cast a block and break it into ingots vs casting them individually. That may have something to do with it.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

The NST ore/ingot issues are also mostly an issue prior to getting yourself an ME setup, since tying a unifier into that with some export/import busses will thereafter handle all this for you automatically.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Arrath posted:

I've noticed that I get different ingots if I cast a block and break it into ingots vs casting them individually. That may have something to do with it.

I kind of wish I'd have tried unifying the ores a bit more in my own modpack too, what with two different tin sources and three different copper ones, but it's still not too bad as it seems to be mostly compatible between one another after smelting. Next time I generate a world though, I too will pay more attention to the CoFH generation stuff.

Oh well, I gave the ores a nice gleaming animated texture with a few variations, so at least they're decorative!

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

Swapped over to NST Diet for the sake of my computer (and I don't need 180 mods anyway :v:) and now my client is spitting out an error when I try to connect, something about a bunch of microblocks not being present on the client; all of them are from Natura by the looks of it, but natura isn't on the server. :psyduck:

EDIT: Some from Railcraft too (accidentally started typing Failcraft...appropriate) and maybe a couple other mods, the error is too long to see. Something in the log file about BattleTowers, Chisel, MineTweaks, and powersuitaddons not being on the server, but I copied the mods folder from the client to the server, so...I'm at a loss.

D34THROW fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 30, 2014

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

D34THROW posted:

Swapped over to NST Diet for the sake of my computer (and I don't need 180 mods anyway :v:) and now my client is spitting out an error when I try to connect, something about a bunch of microblocks not being present on the client; all of them are from Natura by the looks of it, but natura isn't on the server. :psyduck:

EDIT: Some from Railcraft too (accidentally started typing Failcraft...appropriate) and maybe a couple other mods, the error is too long to see. Something in the log file about BattleTowers, Chisel, MineTweaks, and powersuitaddons not being on the server, but I copied the mods folder from the client to the server, so...I'm at a loss.

This is probably not it, but did you copy over the config folder too?

I mean, the closest I can think of is that the world was saved with those mods, but that should just make it replace them with air or something, not throw a huge fit over it. A bit mystifying.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

I did, actually, pretty much the entire client folder got copied over save for the bin and resources folders. And saves, of course.

There's a bunch of old config files in there, though, for mods that aren't even on. I wonder, could Forge Multipart be causing the issue or is that actually just an API for the mods like Carpenter's Blocks or whatever it is?

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

D34THROW posted:

Sounds like you are trying to connect to a server running NST 1.6 using an NST Diet client pack.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

D34THROW posted:

I did, actually, pretty much the entire client folder got copied over save for the bin and resources folders. And saves, of course.

There's a bunch of old config files in there, though, for mods that aren't even on. I wonder, could Forge Multipart be causing the issue or is that actually just an API for the mods like Carpenter's Blocks or whatever it is?

It shouldn't - Forge Multipart is primarily an API as far as I can tell but with a microblock implementation in it. Carpenter's is completely separate from it. And old configs shouldn't really matter either.

I mean, the only thing I can think of right now are kind of on the level of "did you pull the plug and plug it back in again?" suggestions, but I guess I'll put it out there to get it over with -- are you launching the right profile for the client? I've managed to copy things over a few times and then launched an old profile that didn't point to the new files.

Also, I assume you did restart the server after copying files over? I know depending on OS it's entirely possible to replace files while a server is running - I certainly have once or twice. (It's so easy to make derpy mistakes at times. Well, for me anyway. :v:)

I haven't looked at NST/NST Lite since I have a modpack of my own, but don't they have separate server packages, or are they one and the same?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

mechaet posted:

I figured it was an easy way to explain the context of what I was doing and where I am having questions or problems. I had forgotten you were the one actually making the pack!

I've been talking about upping the diamond rate without necessarily knowing how to even do that, so I may be setting myself up here. I think it may be fair for me to just turn on cheat mode for a second in NEI and just give myself some of the stuff I obviously need for my scheming. There's probably no real reason for me to get frustrated about resources playing solo like that.

Actually there's a question right there: Is there a consistent way to ALT-TAB out and keep the game running? I noticed it likes to pause the game when I do that.

I'm thinking if I'm not playing on a server, where a chunkloader could keep stuff going for days and days and days--possibly forever for farming--then there's probably not much point in me getting into that process too much. I'm actually doing most of this to play with automation, but after proving the point I might as well just jump into cheat mode and gift myself some materials.

Sage Grimm posted:

Well if you decide to go the way I did turtles don't damage Minium Stones when they use them in crafts. That's pretty much the only advantage you gain; Turtles can only craft one item at a time with them because...I honestly don't know. And I'm also certain you have to make them drop the result too or the next craft will fail to produce anything since it's affecting the crafting grid.

I started it with the end result being clay because I had a project requiring a large number of bricks. The turtle setup did keep a steady stream coming in (lot faster than ordering a set made via my auto-craft setup!) but then I was only needing 16 blocks per result. The turtles required to get back to that speed in producing diamond would grow exponentially, just like the amount you need!

It's a fun widget to play with but it isn't a good way to get diamonds, definitely.

Well I dunno. Maybe I'll play with it now. :p I need to build up my smeltery more to crank out the cleared glass I want to use for a dome. My plan is to still write a little undersea digging script for a turtle to pull out some sand, clay, gravel, and dirt from the ground in a large area. And I have always wanted to do a cobblestone farm because it seemed like the dumbest idea in the world. At least I wanted to try the crafting turtle generally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

D34THROW posted:

The config files for non-Diet mods are there in case one decides to add them back in, they are part of the universal configs for the NST series.

Delete your mods folder on your server, put the mods folder from NST Diet in there, delete the lloverlay mod file, and you should have a working server for Diet.

• Locked thread