Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

beergod posted:

Hoo boy sister ray slays on mono. God drat it's so raw

Ba na ba na ba na beep beep boo weeeeeeeeew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

First time I saw a vinyl that wasn't the traditional black, I did this :aaaaa:

On that note, just picked up a copy of BB King "Completely Well" for $4.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVdE469GOwg

One of my favorite albums, let's see how much this is...

150 bucks lol

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Well I took the plunge on that because it's simply an amazing record.

I really hope it's the good kind of remaster.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

alg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVdE469GOwg

One of my favorite albums, let's see how much this is...

150 bucks lol

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

is that some kind of "washer" joker????

I love that album don't be mean to me!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

How much do y'all pay for good bootlegs? I mostly collect new music so I never really deal with them. Saw a good bootleg of Loveless today for :20bux: and bought it. Sounds good, the cover is good, and the label looks good. If I didn't know it was a rare record I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

alg posted:

How much do y'all pay for good bootlegs? I mostly collect new music so I never really deal with them. Saw a good bootleg of Loveless today for :20bux: and bought it. Sounds good, the cover is good, and the label looks good. If I didn't know it was a rare record I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

The cheapest bootleg on Discogs is a little over $20 and from Germany, so you got a decent deal. Hope it sounds good!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

beergod posted:

This came on Friday and it is beautiful. Two pink LPs. Also note the handwritten letter from the merchant.

I haven't listened to it yet but it looks incredible.

It's a great album.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

alg posted:

How much do y'all pay for good bootlegs?

Between $12-18 usually, but that's about as much as I ever want to pay for records. Most of my bootlegs are poorly pressed reggae albums and old hardcore and I don't know if they could really be called good.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

I knew you were the same poster who posted some covered in mustard and cat litter :allears:

Also, only :( 0 :( copies left of the "early bird" colored version of Xiu Xiu's new album Angel Guts: Red Classroom on Polyvinyl.

Fors Yard fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 1, 2014

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Fors Yard posted:

I knew you were the same poster who posted some covered in mustard and cat litter :allears:

Jonny
Dec 31, 2005

In a similar vein:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's a taco bowl now? Or a Takyon bowl, rather?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

If you put all of these together it looks like some kind of art series.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Jonny posted:

In a similar vein:

Phew. Back when I was first getting into vinyl I bought Tristeza's Spine and Sensory and the ebay seller included a free 12" split Sharon Tate/My Increment. I basically did this to it, and didn't think anything of it. I had never checked, and it is selling for $0.82 on discogs, so didn't gently caress anything valuable up.

(also this one looks like a shop, but a very DG thing to do if real)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This poo poo is all awesome, please never stop. :thumbsup:

Fors Yard posted:

Back when I was first getting into vinyl I bought Tristeza's Spine and Sensory and the ebay seller included a free 12" split Sharon Tate/My Increment. I basically did this to it, and didn't think anything of it. I had never checked, and it is selling for $0.82 on discogs, so didn't gently caress anything valuable up.

I did that to a Dokken record once, and I'm still ok with it.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

Jonny posted:

In a similar vein:

It goes it goes it goes it goes

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Jonny posted:

In a similar vein:

How exactly does this happen?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

How exactly does this happen?

People melt records into little bowls. You can find them all over ebay and etsy.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Jonny posted:

In a similar vein:

Good.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I would prefer that record in bowl form.

I would also settle for it's resale value.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

beergod posted:

If I still hear a slight hum even with my turntable grounded should I attach another ground wire? If so, how?

This is from a couple pages ago but real answer, measure the diameter of your cables and put a ferrite bead (search Amazon or Monoprice if you don't know what they are) around them. It helps eliminate stray RF signals from coupling onto your wires and into the audio path.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

CPL593H posted:

If you put all of these together it looks like some kind of art series.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Dude, you should totally make a blog for these. Like, it's great as a joke, but then there is also something about the images which are really nice and cool to look at. You're onto something great here.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cemetry Gator posted:

Dude, you should totally make a blog for these. Like, it's great as a joke, but then there is also something about the images which are really nice and cool to look at. You're onto something great here.

Yeah, I wasn't joking. There's something really compelling about these.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

classic

WASDF fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 1, 2014

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

CPL593H posted:

Yeah, I wasn't joking. There's something really compelling about these.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Now you're just phoning it in.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
He sold out, man

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Cat should have been eating catfood off of the record.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Sadly I found out about this album wayyy after the pink copies were sold out, but I just ordered it on black. Doesn't quite feel the same without the bright colors, but it will be mine none the less.

I keep discovering new music because of you guys. Keep up the good work.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

Dr. Lenin posted:

Sadly I found out about this album wayyy after the pink copies were sold out

Holy poo poo this thing is beautiful. I ought to actually google some of the poo poo that gets posted in this thread occasionally.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Dr. Lenin posted:

Sadly I found out about this album wayyy after the pink copies were sold out, but I just ordered it on black. Doesn't quite feel the same without the bright colors, but it will be mine none the less.

I know how you feel, I bought the Machinarium soundtrack but only the initial run was on see through yellow (and signed) and that sold out ages ago:

(Not my pic).

I'm glad to have it on normal black vinyl as I adore this soundtrack but even so.. what could have been..

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Speaking of fun colors, I have this great copy of powerviolence heroes Infest's Slave LP. It's two layers, blue on one side and toothpasty turquoise on the other. It's the only time I've seen that done.

Sorry, I only seem to take blurry phone pictures at night in my cavelike apartment.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

shmee posted:

I know how you feel, I bought the Machinarium soundtrack but only the initial run was on see through yellow (and signed) and that sold out ages ago:

(Not my pic).

I'm glad to have it on normal black vinyl as I adore this soundtrack but even so.. what could have been..

I am disappointed I missed out on the colored version of this too, but I also think the standard black sort of fits the content. I imagine he sample old jazz records, which one would expect to be on plain black vinyl. Botanicula, on the other hand, the amber colored vinyl couldn't be more fitting.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Fors Yard posted:

I am disappointed I missed out on the colored version of this too, but I also think the standard black sort of fits the content. I imagine he sample old jazz records, which one would expect to be on plain black vinyl.

True, hadn't thought of that. Thank you for validating my purchase / tardiness.

Fors Yard posted:

Botanicula, on the other hand, the amber colored vinyl couldn't be more fitting.

And that's the colour I got :hfive:

For those that haven't, I'd recommend purchasing from Minority Records, they post stuff really quickly, packaged well, and for a reasonable shipping price. And they are really friendly in emails too.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
This just makes me mad about no further news on the JP soundtrack

This did come last week though

Chim
Jun 23, 2004
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!

Dogen posted:

This just makes me mad about no further news on the JP soundtrack

This did come last week though

mine came in too and I am pleased as a peach.

I recently picked up this record for 17 shipped :https://thespires.bandcamp.com/album/eternal-yeah

full album is stream able, sounds like a more jangly melodic velvet underground. hand made sleeve ltd 150 clear copies. if you liked kurt viles latest album, you'll love this. a open up your windows it's spring/summer kind of jam

Chim fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chim
Jun 23, 2004
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!

Snowy posted:

Speaking of fun colors, I have this great copy of powerviolence heroes Infest's Slave LP. It's two layers, blue on one side and toothpasty turquoise on the other. It's the only time I've seen that done.

Sorry, I only seem to take blurry phone pictures at night in my cavelike apartment.

this record might be worth 100+ dollars FYI

Chim fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 2, 2014