Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

RMZXAnarchy posted:

The same.

Its a DSi ware version of the four swords game that was in the Lttp Port on GBA. The one you're thinking of is Four Swords Adventures.

aka one of the best Zelda games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO
Is the Virtual Console is e-shop equivalent of the Sonic Cycle? I'm excited about DS VC on the Wii U but it will probably be treated as poorly as the current VC.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I don't think so, since there doesn't seem to be anyone that's actually falling for this. I really don't get why they're so consistently terrible at this.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Is the Virtual Console is e-shop equivalent of the Sonic Cycle? I'm excited about DS VC on the Wii U but it will probably be treated as poorly as the current VC.

No, because once in a while we get actual great games.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Spacebump posted:

No, because once in a while we get actual great games.

Sonic Generations was quality, sir :colbert:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Sonic Generations was quality, sir :colbert:

Sonic Generations was a decent to good game that I enjoyed, but it has been a long time since their was an actual great Sonic game.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Spacebump posted:

Sonic Generations was a decent to good game that I enjoyed, but it has been a long time since their was an actual great Sonic game.

Yeah man Colors and Generations were enjoyable games but those don't count because "opinions".

Sonic Cycle has been dead for years so let's just drop that stinker and move on.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of January 30)

NA update (week of January 30)

And this is why the DS Virtual Console announcement, as nice of an idea as it is, means jack poo poo right now. It's going to take years just to get back up to parity with the Wii, let alone moving on to Gameboy Advance (which was announced, what, a year ago?) and now DS on top of that.

Announcing a new platform for the service is kinda pointless when you're having when literally nothing is coming out from the ones already supported.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Four Swords isn't even on the EU eShop. Has Nintendo just completely forgotten that we exist again? With the delays and lack of ports on games and the complete lack of decent eShop sales, promotions and pricing, it's beginning to feel like the loving N64 days all over again. :sigh:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

gently caress yeah, I'm gonna grab bit.trip.beat 2 when I get home, as well as spin the bottle. What's Giana Sisters?

Edit: I mean bit.trip.runner 2

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 30, 2014

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

gently caress yeah, I'm gonna grab bit.trip.beat 2 when I get home, as well as spin the bottle. What's Giana Sisters?

I haven't played it, but Giana Sisters is a platformer that the majority of the Steam thread thinks is great.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

It's beginning to feel like the loving N64 days all over again. :sigh:

Preach it. I really thought we were beyond this crap. The worst part is that I can't stop hoping. Why am I kidding myself? I should just get a US 3DS, start importing and kiss my :10bux: goodbye.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It's a pretty good 2D platformer, though some of the stages feel a bit too long.

Fun Fact: The original game in the series, The Great Giana Sisters, is a Commodore 64 game that strangely looks familiar...

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
gently caress you Nintendo for making more games available on the Wii U :argh:.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Spacebump posted:

aka one of the best Zelda games.
Force Gems used to break friendships at least as hard as Mario Party, til nobody had GBAs anymore.

I am super tempted by SMTIV on sale. I prefer physical games though, so I'll probably wait and get it from Amazon eventually. :(

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

katkillad2 posted:

Haha you think they'll actually be made available. That's beautiful.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Force Gems used to break friendships at least as hard as Mario Party, til nobody had GBAs anymore.
Four Sword Adventures really is something special, when you have the hardware handy to play it right. Probably the most satisfying co-op gaming experience I've ever had. Considering Nintendo has not been shy about extra hardware requirements for Wii U multiplayer games, it kinda bugs me that they haven't done anything with 3DS connectivity yet. The technology is so much more ready than it was back in the GC/GBA days.

Anyway I know of at least one friend I can co-op this DSi 4 Swords with, so that'll be nice :)

Minidust fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 30, 2014

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Basically, a European knockoff of the original Super Mario Bros, that managed to at least imprint itself in public consciousness due to the fact the media actually took notice of how much it took from the plumbers. Several unofficial sequels later, the original creator saw that there was enough interest to actually create a full sequel, ironically, on Nintendo's handheld at the time (the DS). Whilst he died in the months thereafter, it clearly renewed further interest in the franchise, as Twisted Dreams was funded by Kickstarter and subsequently released as an arcade title for various platforms. A good case story if you want to examine how derivative can evolve into being its own thing.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

It's a pretty good 2D platformer, though some of the stages feel a bit too long.

Fun Fact: The original game in the series, The Great Giana Sisters, is a Commodore 64 game that strangely looks familiar...

Around 6 bucks was the price I was waiting for Giana Sisters. I don't know poo poo about the game except for the fact that it's a platformer and Machinae Supremacy did some of the soundtrack, but that's enough for me. :rock:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Minidust posted:

Four Sword Adventures really is something special, when you have the hardware handy to play it right. Probably the most satisfying co-op gaming experience I've ever had. Considering Nintendo has not been shy about extra hardware requirements for Wii U multiplayer games, it kinda bugs me that they haven't done anything with 3DS connectivity yet. The technology is so much more ready than it was back in the GC/GBA days.

Anyway I know of at least one friend I can co-op this DSi 4 Swords with, so that'll be nice :)
The fact that the DS could interact with the Wii (as shown at least through Pokemon Battle Revolution and Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time) and we didn't get a new Four Swords Adventure game, or even just a port of the old one, was a drat shame. I waited the entire console's life for it! Everything was there, it made no sense! There's still time, Wii U!

That said, I would have also liked a new Crystal Chronicles game more in line with the original Gamecube Game. Echoes of Time was nice for what it was, but it wasn't the same, especially since the Wii version was just a lazy port.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm excited to purchase all these games when I get home tonight.

Also I find it odd that people are saying that Nintendo announcing DS frames on WiiU means they aren't working on N64 and GBA. Didn't Iwata say that they just overcame a big technical hurtle for bringing VC games to the WiiU? Doesn't that mean they will be able to put them on easier and quicker?

Edit: the technical hurdle was apparently only referring to DS games, nevermind. It's still silly to just assume that means Nintendo wasn't working on that other stuff.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 30, 2014

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

katkillad2 posted:

We'll see how you feel two years from now when the DS Virtual Console is in its seventh week without a new release but Yoshi's Touch and Go is still slated for "any day now."

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

katkillad2 posted:

That's adorable :allears:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Sarchasm posted:

We'll see how you feel two years from now when the DS Virtual Console is in its seventh week without a new release but Yoshi's Touch and Go is still slated for "any day now."

Out of all the DS games to make an analogy to Super Mario Bros. 3 (I think this is the one that's the problem, right?) you choose loving Yoshi's Touch and Go?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If they were ACTUALLY going to make more games available on Wii U, I would be ecstatic about it. But until there's an actual date and a promise of frequent releases, there's no point in getting excited about it. Will it come before the N64 and GBA games they promised? Will it wait until after? How about the TG-16 and MSX support Wii U has in Japan but not America?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Color Printer posted:

Out of all the DS games to make an analogy to Super Mario Bros. 3 (I think this is the one that's the problem, right?) you choose loving Yoshi's Touch and Go?

I absolutely was not trying to draw parallels between the current SMB3 situation and Yoshi's Touch and Go.

I'm just saying that it's gonna be grim.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
I don't suppose there's been any murmurs about Gamecube games, either via download or some other functionality?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

morcant posted:

I don't suppose there's been any murmurs about Gamecube games, either via download or some other functionality?
Resident Evil 4 WiiU complete definitive Game of the Decade edition

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Bolverkur posted:

Preach it. I really thought we were beyond this crap. The worst part is that I can't stop hoping. Why am I kidding myself? I should just get a US 3DS, start importing and kiss my :10bux: goodbye.

If it wasn't for UK prices and websites like Zavvi, importing US games would even be cheaper than buying 3DS games here in Germany. They have the nerve to charge 45€ MSRP for most 3DS games, that's $60. Nevermind the digital download, which bypasses shipping cost. Seriously considering a US 2DS somewhere down the line.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I am on the DSi shop with my DSi and see Four Swords nowhere? IGN specifically says it's for DSi as well?

edit: Nintendo's site says it is for 3DS only though! drat it, I really want a way to put this on my DSi XL :(

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 30, 2014

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Flameingblack posted:

I'm getting that on Steam... :valvebeta:

I'd pay a sizeable amount of money to be able to play Thousand Year Door on my Wii U. Also Skies of Arcadia.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why would they when they can spend a few months development time and release it full retail price. I mean, apparently even a basic NES virtual console game takes a few months development time anyway!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Is Giana Twisted Sisters or Toki Tori 2 the better buy?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MykonosFan posted:

Yeah man Colors and Generations were enjoyable games but those don't count because "opinions".

Sonic Cycle has been dead for years so let's just drop that stinker and move on.

You seem to be forgetting Sonic 4 Episode 2 and Sonic Lost World have both been released since those games came out. Also, I never said those games weren't enjoyable. In fact I said I enjoyed Sonic Generations. What I meant by it's been a long time since there was an actual great Sonic game is that it has been a long time since there was a Sonic game that was good enough to sell systems.

I wish they'd make a sequel to Sonic Generations but I don't think that will happen. I wonder if we will get the DS Sonic Collection for the Wii U VC.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

bushisms.txt posted:

Is Giana Twisted Sisters or Toki Tori 2 the better buy?

I haven't played Giana but you can't go wrong with Toki Tori 2 and there are less games of this type.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
A few bits of eShop-related news:

-Namco has cancelled both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the Pac-Man collection due to "delayed development", which makes me think they probably outsourced both versions to the same studio and they couldn't deliver, but who knows

-Warner Bros. has cancelled all upcoming DLC for the new Batman game and has sent out $20 eShop refunds to anyone who bought the season pass, so if you have some extra eShop credit out of nowhere, that's probably why

-"Denpa Men 3: The Rise of Digitoll" (3DS) has been OFLC-rated, so expect that to drop in the next few months. The Genius Sonority boss has suggested that he thinks the visual style of the Denpa Men games hasn't resonated with the international audience, and that he wants to change things up drastically for the next one, so this might end up being the final game to use this style/format.

-A Natsume community rep claims that Nintendo is still working on GBA support for the 3DS VC, for whatever that's worth

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Shame about the Pac-Man Collection thing. I was kind of looking forward to that in the vain hope of seeing Pac-Man Arrangement on there(The original one, not the PSP version.)

Nintendo still trying to do GBA Support for the 3DS is a surprise though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe they subbed Pac Man anniversary collection to the same company Capcom used for Mega Man Anniversary Collection (GBA).

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Man, I was looking forward to that Pac-Man collection, especially in a portable digital format. Guess I'll hang on to my copy of "Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions" for 3DS after all.

The best thing that could come out of this is that they just release a Wii U version of "Pac-Man Vs." instead. Come on Nintendo, exploit that close working relationship with Namco a bit!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Flameingblack posted:

I will be buying that and MGS3 forever, as long as they keep re-releasing it.