Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

404GoonNotFound posted:

So, uh... Marvel doesn't really get this whole "timing" thing, do they? I assume they just heard that Scarlett was in the news a lot right now and decided "this is the perfect time for a new promo poster!"

Looks okay I guess, even if her suits seem to be less practical with every passing movie.

How embarrassing. She was in such a hurry she didn't get to zip up her top all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

404GoonNotFound posted:

So, uh... Marvel doesn't really get this whole "timing" thing, do they? I assume they just heard that Scarlett was in the news a lot right now and decided "this is the perfect time for a new promo poster!"

Looks okay I guess, even if her suits seem to be less practical with every passing movie.

Photoshopped, sure, but I'm digging that poster. And I'm all for her getting some pym particles, gianting up, and smashing things.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

jivjov posted:

I'm okay with the outfit, but something about the perspective is loving with my head.

It's making her look about as big as that helicarrier behind her.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

404GoonNotFound posted:

I still think it looks a bit less crazy-tight and thin than her previous suits, if there's a difference at all

there's stuff that looks like it might be real padding rather than just curve-accentuating seams, for instance

Avengers hair was the best hair, however.
Should have kept Avengers hair.

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 30, 2014

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The perspective of of the viewer looking up at her, while she also looks higher above us, gives her some power...and yet it looks like she's skipping towards the viewer as if youthful...and further still almost in a christ-like pose with the arms starting to be raised at sides and the legs crossed ahead of each other....while being sexed up with that luscious hair in the wind and zip down exposing chest. Plus her size almost as big as the helicarrier suggests importance as well.

A lot of thought went into this poster.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Waterhaul posted:

How embarrassing. She was in such a hurry she didn't get to zip up her top all the way.

Tony just played a funny joke on her and zapped her chest with Pym particles and they broke open the zipper.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
At least she isn't doing the rear end boob pose.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

greatn posted:

That will be the Hawkeye one.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

PupsOfWar posted:

I still think it looks a bit less crazy-tight and thin than her previous suits, if there's a difference at all

there's stuff that looks like it might be real padding rather than just curve-accentuating seams, for instance

Avengers hair was the best hair, however.
Should have kept Avengers hair.

A thirty million dollar ultra thin Kevlar vibranium weave with micro trauma plate reinforcement and a three dollar wall~mart zipper that pops a tooth and dosen't zip up all the way. Your tax dollars at work.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

SirDan3k posted:

A thirty million dollar ultra thin Kevlar vibranium weave with micro trauma plate reinforcement and a three dollar wall~mart zipper that pops a tooth and dosen't zip up all the way. Your tax dollars at work.

Our bravest men and women, powered by the lowest bidder :V

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

404GoonNotFound posted:

redbackground posted:

Posters. There are new one-sheets for Cap and Fury as well, that came out at the same time.

In case someone hasn't seen them:

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

greatn posted:

This.
Also, Sam Jackson looks like he's 65 or something, can we do something about that?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Widow has the best poster. What about Falcon?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

In case someone hasn't seen them:

I know it's perspective and all but I want to know what Cap is going to do with that tiny building.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gatts posted:

Widow has the best poster. What about Falcon?

They seem to be pretending the Falcon isn't even in the movie, which is weird because I was really looking forward to him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

mind the walrus posted:

They seem to be pretending the Falcon isn't even in the movie, which is weird because I was really looking forward to him.

I assume he will be in the second group of posters. This one seems to just be returning characters.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
The Widow poster reminds me of a weird mix between Venus Rising From the Sea and some Jesus iconography.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I really like the aura of resignation in that Cap poster. Brings across the weariness well.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

bobkatt013 posted:

I assume he will be in the second group of posters. This one seems to just be returning characters.

Yeah. they're probably saving that reveal for the superbowl spot, have it end with him spreading his wings

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

Opopanax posted:

Yeah. they're probably saving that reveal for the superbowl spot, have it end with him spreading his wings

Wasn't that the end of the first trailer?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Madkal posted:

I know it's perspective and all but I want to know what Cap is going to do with that tiny building.

Looks like he's about to hock a loogie on the Capitol.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Ummm...

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

StumblyWumbly posted:

This.
Also, Sam Jackson looks like he's 65 or something, can we do something about that?

Well he's already 66, so... maybe?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ahahah.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Madkal posted:

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Yeah, I don't think the 'ummm' was because Throwdown didn't know who it was. More.... why it was.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

So are they going to be Wanda and Pietro in this, or does the licensing poo poo only include their superhero names?

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
I guess they are throwing the whole twin thing out the window. I am just going to call them Fast Metal and Red Magician.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dacap posted:

Hey look, it's Batroc

Looks like his shield takes a hell of a beating. All the red paint is gone.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Fits right in with real Russian fashion...http://imgur.com/gallery/JZKci

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Apparently the current rumor is that this version of Pietro suffers from accelerated aging, hence the stupid costume being him trying to act like a grown up... but that still sounds more like a fan theory to cover up bad plotting.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Apparently the current rumor is that this version of Pietro suffers from accelerated aging, hence the stupid costume being him trying to act like a grown up... but that still sounds more like a fan theory to cover up bad plotting.

Like Velocidad from Generation Hope I guess? He had super speed but whenever he used his powers he aged quicker too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihLNAcF2dBE

Sorry, not even seeing cool Spiderman stuff is enough to get me to watch Super Bowl.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihLNAcF2dBE

Sorry, not even seeing cool Spiderman stuff is enough to get me to watch Super Bowl.

It will be online within minutes of the Superbowl.

I like Spidey swatting missiles with a manhole cover and catching Gwen before falling through glass.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Any theories about the Japanese pop group they saw filming winter soldier in DC? Just remembered that video the other day.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

Any theories about the Japanese pop group they saw filming winter soldier in DC? Just remembered that video the other day.

Maybe it was for a "Cap learns about the modern world" montage?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

muscles like this? posted:

For the love of god, nobody tell Cap about body pillows or virtual girlfriends. The guy has easy access to a nuclear arsenal.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

muscles like this? posted:

There's an ongoing competition on Marvel's Australian and New Zealand facebook page to choose the most important Australian/NZ pop song, with a chance of it being put into the film.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

404GoonNotFound posted:

For the love of god, nobody tell Cap about body pillows or virtual girlfriends. The guy has easy access to a nuclear arsenal.

As an art major, Steve Rogers is going to be interested in the world of animation, then stumble onto some very unfortunate anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Dan Didio posted:

There's an ongoing competition on Marvel's Australian and New Zealand facebook page to choose the most important Australian/NZ pop song, with a chance of it being put into the film.

I would love for Cap to listen to Beds are Burning.

• Locked thread