Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Check your email and also send me pictures of that LP please and thank you!

Cool! On my way back from band practice be a few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

iostream.h posted:

Cool! On my way back from band practice be a few.

Sounds good man I'll be around. I'm not guaranteeing anything on the LP but I've been after one for a while so who knows. Might as well check it out!

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Kilometers Davis posted:

Sounds good man I'll be around. I'm not guaranteeing anything on the LP but I've been after one for a while so who knows. Might as well check it out!
No worries, I spammed your inbox with info and pics, I'm gonna go ahead and throw the info up here too, but you've got dibs until you say otherwise. ;)

Gibson Les Paul Studio Mahogany
Earlier I think I said 'near perfect' condition and I have to retract that.
Under decent light there's some pick scraping on the front and some belt buckle worming on the back. Nothing horrific and nothing I'd say is real 'physical damage', but it's not primo.
I pulled the pickups and checked all the electronics and they're BurstBucker Pros with Alnico V pickups. The #1 and #2 simply denote which position they're intended for based on their output.
Neck is straight, frets are level. I did a quick setup, filed the nut and saddles a bit (just for smoothness), polished the frets some (they weren't in bad shape at all, but since I had the strings off and it was on the bench, why not), oiled the fretboard and polished the back of the neck a bit with some 0000 wool and finished up with a green scrubby.

Overall it plays REALLY well, sounds nice and fat with a good chime when you roll off the volume/tone a bit and flip the toggle up.
Gets a nice, bitey sound when pushed a bit and throwing a clean boost inline makes things get pretty hairy. I dig the BBPs quite a lot.

It was originally set up for somewhat heavier strings (I forgot to ask what the owner ran) but is absolutely stable in tune with Dean Markley Blue Steel 10s. I went ahead and screwed down the stop bar and top wrapped it because that's how God intended and MY TONEZ.

Pots, switch and jack are all solid, rotate smoothly, no scratchiness (and I went ahead and Deoxit'd them while I had it apart just for good measure and they were pretty clean to begin with as very little residue was apparent) and have the full range of adjustment.

They've got the standard ceramic caps that apparently come in EVERYTHING Gibson ships these days (seriously, they're the same caps that came in my CS LP) but I've got a few decent caps lying around, including some PiO that would warm it up a bit and add a 'cocked wah' effect if that's what you dig (I do it to all my LP, I love the sound).

Comes with an SKB hard shell case with no cracks or issues and is in good shape, a leather Levy's strap and strap locks and I'll go ahead and throw in an extra pack of the Dean Markley strings if you want, otherwise I've got a ton of other brands/gauges here too.

I set up the action just a tad lower than factory spec but if you want something more specific just ask and I'll adjust it before shipping.

Again, Kilometers Davis has dibs for now until he says otherwise.

I'd like somewhere around $600 shipped but by all means, feel free to make an offer!
I'm not looking for anything in trade specifically, but I won't be upset if you toss something at me. This is going into my Axe-Fx fund so I'm primarily looking for cash, but again...

Oh, and of note: I purposefully took all pics pre-cleanup, I just wanted to be as fair and truthful as possible and I figure the best way to do that is by showing the 'before' pics.

If no one picks this thing up, something weird is going to happen involving sandpaper, faggers tape and automotive paint.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
ugh if only you had posted this two weeks ago. good luck, looks beautiful. my roommate just bought a black lps for nearly 900

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Does anyone have a Boss OC-3 Super Octave pedal they want to get rid of?

I could pay cash, or I have two pedals that Im not using I'd be willing to trade.

I have two DigiTech pedals, a Metal Master , and a Digital Delay that I don't use and wouldn't mind getting rid of.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Moving a few amps around, if you're interested speak up and I'll throw up details and all the pics you want:

Marshall Slash Signature AFD head.
Notably different from the previous Slash sig head because this isn't a Silver Jubilee reissue (which is EXACTLY what the previous Slash sig was). Looks like it just came out of the box and has all the candy including the t-shirt.

Marshall Silver Jubilee 2x12 Combo.
It's actually in slightly better shape than my 2550 which is near-perfect. Can't find an issue here and the silver tolex looks like it never came out of the bedroom. Sounds like sex. Dirty, raw sex.

Marshall JCM800
Haven't pulled it apart yet, I don't even know if it's a 50 or 100 watt model. It's modded to hell and back but doesn't look like a sawzall was used to do so. Sounds evil, think late 80s Zakk Wylde thick and rich. It's pretty clean overall, looks like it spent more time in the studio than on the road.

Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553 'Mini Stack' with 2 matched 2556 2x12 cabs (slant/straight).
Very very clean but not mint. Sounds like it should. This one's not going to be split up, all 3 pieces go together.

If there's any interest let me know.
Got a few more including an interesting Rivera half stack, a few Marshall combos, Mesa and stuff.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

shootforit posted:

Does anyone have a Boss OC-3 Super Octave pedal they want to get rid of?

I could pay cash, or I have two pedals that Im not using I'd be willing to trade.

I have two DigiTech pedals, a Metal Master , and a Digital Delay that I don't use and wouldn't mind getting rid of.

I've got one, yes. Cash would be best for me as I'm pretty set for delay and dirt at the moment. $70 shipped if you're in the US?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

iostream.h posted:

Moving a few amps around, if you're interested speak up and I'll throw up details and all the pics you want:

Marshall Slash Signature AFD head.
Notably different from the previous Slash sig head because this isn't a Silver Jubilee reissue (which is EXACTLY what the previous Slash sig was). Looks like it just came out of the box and has all the candy including the t-shirt.

Marshall Silver Jubilee 2x12 Combo.
It's actually in slightly better shape than my 2550 which is near-perfect. Can't find an issue here and the silver tolex looks like it never came out of the bedroom. Sounds like sex. Dirty, raw sex.

Marshall JCM800
Haven't pulled it apart yet, I don't even know if it's a 50 or 100 watt model. It's modded to hell and back but doesn't look like a sawzall was used to do so. Sounds evil, think late 80s Zakk Wylde thick and rich. It's pretty clean overall, looks like it spent more time in the studio than on the road.

Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553 'Mini Stack' with 2 matched 2556 2x12 cabs (slant/straight).
Very very clean but not mint. Sounds like it should. This one's not going to be split up, all 3 pieces go together.

If there's any interest let me know.
Got a few more including an interesting Rivera half stack, a few Marshall combos, Mesa and stuff.

interested in the 800 don't have pm but email smashistcola at gmail. com

Panterica
Oct 24, 2003
I recently bought a used Triple Rectifier Solo head. It's the 3 channel version. Unfortunately, I'm not loving it. As such, I'm hoping to trade the Recto + cash for a Mark V head. PM if you've got one available. It works fine. There are only some minor wear. The black diamond plate is worn in a couple of places. The rubber sheath for the handle has come loose on one end. It's missing the rubber feet. I've ordered, from Mesa, the rubber handle sheath and the rubber feet. Both will arrive next week.

I'm looking to trade the recto + cash for a Mark V head. Sale price for the rectifier is $800 + shipping.

I've recently ordered an ESP Horizon III from a retailer in Australia. It's new old stock. Never played or demoed. I'm considering selling it as I've got it in my head to buy an Axe Fx II. If you've got an Axe Fx Ultra + cash or II and are interested in this hard to find (in the US at least) let me know. I'd also consider an EVH USA Wolfgang Stealth or I need a Mesa Mark V head

I've purchased all new "normal" black hardware to replace the cosmo (nickel) black hardware. Most pieces are on hand, but the tuners are on their way from Australia. The list of parts I bought are as follows:
Gotoh Floyd Rose, locking nut, and string retainer
Gotoh SG360-07B-HAPM adjustable tuners 3+3
Volume and tone knobs
Oval Jack Plate
3 way pickup selector
The parts I bought totaled over $300. I will send the ones I've got on hand and mail the rest when they arrive.

Trade or cash value of the Horizon $1800.

The Horizon arrived today. There's a minor scratch as the assfucks from Australia just decided to toss the loving fret protector loose in the case.

http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/taliababa/library/Esp%20horizon%20iii

Don Verga
Nov 4, 2009

I'm barely getting into DJing and I'm looking around to buy my first mixer/headphones.I have been listening to electronic music for around 10 years but barely getting into the technical side of things I guess. Looking for something basic I found the following on amazon:

Audio-Technica ATH-M30 - $40
Stanton M203 2 Channel DJ Mixer - $85

That doesn't seem too bad for what I want right now, but if some goons here have some old mixers they don't want anymore we could work something out. I'm not looking to spend more than $150 since I'm barely starting right now.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

FancyMike posted:

I've got one, yes. Cash would be best for me as I'm pretty set for delay and dirt at the moment. $70 shipped if you're in the US?

I am in the US, and that is a fair price. Let me see if I can raise some funds in the near future to take it off your hands.

My Boss bass overdrive pedal just started malfunctioning. So I'm gonna have to repair or replace it before I get a new pedal, since the overdrive is key to my sound.

Keep me in mind, and if you still want to sell in a week or two, I will still take it.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

shootforit posted:

I am in the US, and that is a fair price. Let me see if I can raise some funds in the near future to take it off your hands.

My Boss bass overdrive pedal just started malfunctioning. So I'm gonna have to repair or replace it before I get a new pedal, since the overdrive is key to my sound.

Keep me in mind, and if you still want to sell in a week or two, I will still take it.

While it doesn't sound like the Boss Bass OD, the OC-3 actually has a good bass distortion of its own. Put it in the drive mode, keep the Direct Level at about unity gain, Drive at 75% or more, and bring in just a bit of Oct 1 (like, maybe 10%). Adding in that Oct 1 brings in just a little bit of thickness, but not enough to notice the octave down effect and it keeps it from getting glitchy on the the low notes.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Smash it Smash hit posted:

interested in the 800 don't have pm but email smashistcola at gmail. com
Will do tomorrow (Saturday).

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

shootforit posted:

Sure, that's fine. I'm not in a huge hurry to get rid of it.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Speaking of octaves I am looking for one as well, particularly one that can handle chords without getting too glitchy.(two notes is OKAY but would prefer three at the same time)

I have a boss pitch/shift delay PS2 available for trade or sale as well. late 80s model MIJ. If you're interested let me know and I can shoot you info. if you have an octave you are trying to get rid of, lets talk!

Could be interested in the aforementioned OC3, how is it in playing chords?

Smash it Smash hit fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 14, 2014

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Sorry for the travel-related delay, but I got some emails sent to you guys that were asking about the stuff I listed above, I've got a TON of pics, so if anyone's interested let me know and I'll throw up some pics individually, rather than spamming like mad.

However, someone has to want this:

It's in absolutely, PERFECT condition with zero marks. All the case candy is here and the T-shirt's even still in the plastic bag.
It's one of the few amps that actually made me feel like giving my my Jubilee. All the Jubilee sound and a little more.

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

Borderview posted:

I wish they made the ditto with just one extra button as a dedicated stop and clear switch. That would make it perfect, but would probably get away from what they're trying to have with it. The Ditto Deluxe. . .you're welcome TC-Electronics.

Oh look, if you make wishes in a SA sub-forum, the thing you wish for appears a week later!

http://www.tcelectronic.com/ditto-x2-looper/

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Why yes... I am full of stars!

Borderview posted:

Oh look, if you make wishes in a SA sub-forum, the thing you wish for appears a week later!

http://www.tcelectronic.com/ditto-x2-looper/

Okay that is nice.

Dishman
Jul 2, 2007
Slimy Bastard
Ok who works at TC electronics show yourself!!

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
I'm considering letting my extremely modded Epiphone Sheraton go. I really want to grab a 9 string guitar because I like dumb low tunings and piano guitars and this one doesn't get played much since the last band broke up.

It's a 94 or 97 (can't remember) Korean made Sherry, from the samick plant. Supposedly these are the better made ones, but I've played some newer ones that play just as nice so who cares where it's made.

List of mods:
All gold hardware replaced with nickel
Grover 18:1 tuners
Graphtech nut
Gotoh bridge and aluminum stop bar
fully rewired using a mojotone wiring kit, full-size CTS pots, switchcraft jack and switch
Schaller straplocks
Seth Lover bridge pickup with the SD pickup switch. It has 2 switched built in that allow either coil, or both in series or parallel
GFS Dream 90 neck pickup

Also have the matching hardshell case. I have a Seth Lover neck pickup that I was going to put in the neck to match but never got around to it. Can include it too.

Here are some more pics:

neck flame!

That last one was when I changed out the electronics. My recommendation is never ever decide you want to change electronic on a hollow body. It was a nightmare.

I'm open to trades for weird guitars or would sell for $650 shipped. It's a great guitar but I play my 8 string or telecaster almost exclusively these days

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Got Sperzel locking tuners for a Strat in perfect shape, they're the '1 alignment post' version, I THINK for mexi/squier. Throw me &50 shipped.

WHITETRASHGANGBANG
Dec 6, 2013
A friend of mine is looking to sell a couple of his guitars. I told him that I might be interested but I have no idea what would constitute a fair price. One is Japanese Les Paul copy and the other is a Fender Gemini III in good condition. I would be grateful for any input regarding their value. Here are some pictures of the Les Paul copy. I should be able to get some pictures of the Fender tomorrow.

WHITETRASHGANGBANG fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 18, 2014

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Jadee is more obscure than a lot of MIJ models, and I can't attest to their specific quality, but I'd put that one in the $200-$300 range just based on what I've seen other lawsuit guitars go for. The Gemini is worth about $100-$150 depending on the condition. I'd also play both before committing to either but that's just a good habit in general.

WHITETRASHGANGBANG
Dec 6, 2013

Declan MacManus posted:

Jadee is more obscure than a lot of MIJ models, and I can't attest to their specific quality, but I'd put that one in the $200-$300 range just based on what I've seen other lawsuit guitars go for. The Gemini is worth about $100-$150 depending on the condition. I'd also play both before committing to either but that's just a good habit in general.

That's good advice. I'll make the time to string the Jadee and make sure the guitars are what I'm looking for. Thank you very much for the help!

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Jet City JCA22H 20watt.
SOLD
$290 plus actual shipping. SHIPPED
Perfect condition, original box, footswitch, etc.

SOLD

Make me an offer on that Slash head above, it needs to go.
Hell, make me an offer on anything I've listed.

iostream.h fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 29, 2014

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
Made a thread on SA-mart about selling my Axe-FX II and Matrix gt1000fx. Sad, sad times.

Looking for $2000 shipped for the Axe-FX II and $650 shipped for the Matrix. Will cut a deal and throw in a Gator hard shell 3u rack case if you buy both!

Balls Macintosh
Dec 9, 2013

Thorpe posted:

I'm considering letting my extremely modded Epiphone Sheraton go. I really want to grab a 9 string guitar because I like dumb low tunings and piano guitars and this one doesn't get played much since the last band broke up.

It's a 94 or 97 (can't remember) Korean made Sherry, from the samick plant. Supposedly these are the better made ones, but I've played some newer ones that play just as nice so who cares where it's made.

List of mods:
All gold hardware replaced with nickel
Grover 18:1 tuners
Graphtech nut
Gotoh bridge and aluminum stop bar
fully rewired using a mojotone wiring kit, full-size CTS pots, switchcraft jack and switch
Schaller straplocks
Seth Lover bridge pickup with the SD pickup switch. It has 2 switched built in that allow either coil, or both in series or parallel
GFS Dream 90 neck pickup

Also have the matching hardshell case. I have a Seth Lover neck pickup that I was going to put in the neck to match but never got around to it. Can include it too.

Here are some more pics:

neck flame!

That last one was when I changed out the electronics. My recommendation is never ever decide you want to change electronic on a hollow body. It was a nightmare.

I'm open to trades for weird guitars or would sell for $650 shipped. It's a great guitar but I play my 8 string or telecaster almost exclusively these days

Have you sold this yet? What's your email?

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
It ain't really guitar crap, but I've got the following synth/drum machine/effects/recording hardware up for grabs:

Synthesizers:
Midibox MB 6582 SID synth with 8x 8580 chips – $900
Roland MC-909 Groovebox – $500

Drum Machines:
MFB 503 – $350
Roland TR-505 – $100

Sequencers/MIDI gear:
Doepfer Dark Time sequencer – $600
Faderfox Micromodul DJ3 USB – $150
Arpie MIDI arppegiator/editor – $50
MOTU Microexpress 4x6 MIDI Interface (the modern one) – $220

Effects:
BYOC Mouse distortion pedal (Proco RAT clone) – $80
BYOC Large Beaver fuzz pedal (Big Muff Pi trangle spec clone) – $80

Other:
Technics 1210-mk5 turntable with Odyssey flight case – $600
Odyssey 80 LP record flight case (camo pattern) – $60

Would be interested in trades potentially if it's in the realm of synths, drum machines, or recording equipment.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
I might be interested in the Mouse though I have nothing to really trade. Lemme get back to you tomorrow after my check deposits. $80 shipped to MI? Have you done any mods or is it the standard build?

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
I'll take the Arpie. PM me your Paypal address.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Longshot since I don't want to ship, I'm selling my Ampeg V4BH amp in the Philly area - http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/4295084639.html

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Chomp chomp chomp...We have the legendary Magic Beans
Goon Made Wallets
I didn't see any rules against this so here is my SA mart thread.

I'm selling a like new chromatic hohner 270 harmonica
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3605671

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Electric violin, it's basically new, I snagged it new, played it a few times, realized I can barely deal with one stringed instrument and that I have no business piddling with another, and it's pretty much sat in the case ever since. Case is a bit ragged (it's woven nylon or whatever) but is in good overall shape. Has rosin, bow and tons of potential.

In all seriousness, it's a lot of fun, I just suck at it.
How about $95 shipped, feel free to throw out an offer.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

iostream.h posted:

Electric violin, it's basically new, I snagged it new, played it a few times, realized I can barely deal with one stringed instrument and that I have no business piddling with another, and it's pretty much sat in the case ever since. Case is a bit ragged (it's woven nylon or whatever) but is in good overall shape. Has rosin, bow and tons of potential.

Is there any more detail you could give? I'm actually a trained violinist and I've thought about trying a humble solid body axe for years. I bought one for $65 off EBay once and it was literally impossible to make a good sound come out.

I'm interested, but I'd like to go read user reviews to make sure it's at least professionally usable, as opposed to being suitable only for learning. Don't wanna get burned again

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

I'm sorry, there's no name on it, there's a name on the case that I'll edit into this post when I get back in.

I can post some clips, however laughable later tho, if that'll help.

Edit: in all seriousness, it's probably a crap Chinese toy that you would hate me for, I think I gave MAYBE $250 for brand-new at a local mom and pop shop a few years ago.

It seems to be ok, but I know nothing about them other than it makes violin-like sounds, and is a lot of fun for my untrained rear end to run through my goofy effects rack.

I'm just always afraid of misrepresenting something to someone.

iostream.h fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 30, 2014

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Putting this guy back out there, as I only mentioned it in passing in a previous post.

Im selling my Digitech Metal Master distortion pedal. I switched to playing bass in my band, so this pedal has been unused sitting in a storage box in my music room. Im trying to raise funds or other bass pedals. I like pedals.

I will do $45 shipped. TAKE THIS THING OFF MY HANDS!

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets

iostream.h posted:

I'll trade you my harmonica for it. See post above yours.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

philkop posted:

I'll trade you my harmonica for it. See post above yours.

If the other guy passes I think you might have a deal, he has dibs however. I'm almost home, let me throw up a sound clip and see if I can figure out what it is.

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets

iostream.h posted:

If the other guy passes I think you might have a deal, he has dibs however. I'm almost home, let me throw up a sound clip and see if I can figure out what it is.

E:Sold it sooner than I though.

I'll check around my room for any other music stuff. My girlfriend would like this violin.

I have a lot of guitars I'd trade but shipping wouldn't make it worth it. You don't live near Orlando FL do you?

philkop fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Go ahead and sell it to him. I think I'll probably wind up getting a nicer instrument when I'm making a little more money.