Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jet Ready Go posted:

It's supposed to be a late wave alternate. They apparently have a poor track record of producing them this far. The figure has not been mass produced yet.
I'm still waiting for the Lyra running change from the Red She Hulk wave. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The good news is that China samples of this running change have already surfaced and retailers are actually taking preorders on the revision cases. So they'll actually ship these ones.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

I'm still waiting for the Lyra running change from the Red She Hulk wave. :sigh:

The series before Hit Monkey is waiting too. Where's my Dani Moonstar? :colbert:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Stop making me want that figma samus. It's lovely yes but it's not gravity suit snes-samus. Holding out for that.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Agrias120 posted:

I ran into the Spider-Man legends figures for the first time last night. It took all of my willpower to resist picking up ASM2, Superior and Carnage. That Carnage figure is really nice, but I was a little upset that he didn't include an axe-hand (if he had, I would've snagged him). One thing I didn't realize was that there is a Julia Carpenter version of Spider-Woman in that wave. I haven't seen much talk about her--how rare is she, and is the figure any good?

Its actually not Julia Carpenter, its Anya Corazon, the new-ish Spider-Girl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anya_Corazon

But that Carnage figure, hand axe or not, is incredible. Absolutely perfect first appearance Carnage. I've had him and Marvel Select Venom fighting each other on my desk for a week now, and I cannot stop playing with them both like I'm 10 years old again.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

Ka0 posted:

Stop making me want that figma samus. It's lovely yes but it's not gravity suit snes-samus. Holding out for that.

I feel you. I'm so broke and now Amazon have them in stock (below retail): Samus and Link. :gonk:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Mitsune posted:

I feel you. I'm so broke and now Amazon have them in stock (below retail): Samus and Link. :gonk:

Ugh, why would you TELL me this!? I can't legitimately afford them but I waaaant them. drat.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

The Rage posted:

Its actually not Julia Carpenter, its Anya Corazon, the new-ish Spider-Girl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anya_Corazon

But that Carnage figure, hand axe or not, is incredible. Absolutely perfect first appearance Carnage. I've had him and Marvel Select Venom fighting each other on my desk for a week now, and I cannot stop playing with them both like I'm 10 years old again.

Oh wow, I had no idea Arana was Spider-Girl now. I just saw the mugshot on the back of the packaging and thought it was Julia Carpenter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Julia Carpenter is now Madame Webb. Some sort of natural evolution I guess.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Have they announced if they're doing more Nintendo figma? I can't find anything, which would be kind of a bummer.

Speaking of bummers, I just learned they're rebooting Marvel Universe, as Avengers Infinity. The first wave is Cap, Iron Man, Hulk with the Banner armor, Hyperion, Wasp, and Grim Reaper. At first I just heard Marvel Universe was ending, but the new stuff looks pretty nice. At the very least I want the Hyperion and Wasp.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

DrChud posted:

Any chance on grabbing that carnage if it's still there?

Well I found these at Target last night. Micro Muggs single boxed. They were 2.99 each. The box was on the slanted shelf under the new spiderman display.

Man, I didn't know how much I needed another tiny MODOK until right now. Are they blind boxes?

At least when I get tired of these they won't take up near as much storage space as the Mighty Muggs did.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Fishylungs posted:

Have they announced if they're doing more Nintendo figma? I can't find anything, which would be kind of a bummer.

Speaking of bummers, I just learned they're rebooting Marvel Universe, as Avengers Infinity. The first wave is Cap, Iron Man, Hulk with the Banner armor, Hyperion, Wasp, and Grim Reaper. At first I just heard Marvel Universe was ending, but the new stuff looks pretty nice. At the very least I want the Hyperion and Wasp.

'Marth' from the recent 3DS Fire Emblem is getting a figma. Bandai is doing a figuarts of Mario as well as a Lucario. Luigi is getting a Nendoroid and Wind Waker Link is as well.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Sanschel posted:

Man, I didn't know how much I needed another tiny MODOK until right now. Are they blind boxes?

At least when I get tired of these they won't take up near as much storage space as the Mighty Muggs did.

Yeah they are blind box, just like those Iron Man micro Muggs were when the movie came out.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
This sexy bastard arrived today.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
ITEM(S) SHIPPED

Item number: A6661
Item name: Marvel The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Marvel Legends Infinite Series Skyline Sirens Figure
Quantity: 2

Item number: A6659
Item name: Marvel The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Marvel Legends Infinite Series Spawn of Symbiotes Figure (Carnage)
Quantity: 1

Mmm.. I'll be with you soon Black Cat.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Any chance someone wants the Hot Toys Iron Man 2 Autopsy Suit figure?

Thought I'd check here before hitting SAMart. Complete, still have the box and inserts, etc. Don't have the little hologram arm thing though.

Cryptobotanist
Oct 23, 2005

Oh no... Poor me...
Anyone have any experience with the DC Direct 1/6th scale dolls? I've heard their quality varies based on the dolls, but some of them are pretty good especially if you can find them for a good price.

I'm not looking to get into the line, I'm only interested in getting Sinestro. His advertised pics look great but I can't seem to really find any reviews for him.

Anyone have him that can comment on whether he's worth tracking down (and if so, how much should I pay for him)

I want a Sinestro and I really don't want to get some 7 inch plastic action figure. I want something that feels and looks more like a collectible

(in my opinion anyway)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cryptobotanist posted:

Anyone have any experience with the DC Direct 1/6th scale dolls? I've heard their quality varies based on the dolls, but some of them are pretty good especially if you can find them for a good price.

I'm not looking to get into the line, I'm only interested in getting Sinestro. His advertised pics look great but I can't seem to really find any reviews for him.

Anyone have him that can comment on whether he's worth tracking down (and if so, how much should I pay for him)

I want a Sinestro and I really don't want to get some 7 inch plastic action figure. I want something that feels and looks more like a collectible

(in my opinion anyway)

The 13 inch line was terrible. We had a Sinestro sit on the stand for like 3 years without selling. Have you seen this guy?

Can be had for $50 on Amazon. There's also a GL version for $25.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...sinestro%20bust

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Lego Simpsons house is up at the Lego store go go go

Cryptobotanist
Oct 23, 2005

Oh no... Poor me...

Rhyno posted:

The 13 inch line was terrible. We had a Sinestro sit on the stand for like 3 years without selling. Have you seen this guy?

Can be had for $50 on Amazon. There's also a GL version for $25.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...sinestro%20bust

Yeah I have seen that one. It's pretty cool. And I have heard the 13 inch line was really bad but I saw this image of the Sinestro doll

Now, that is a promotional image, of course, so I was wondering if anyone had him or had seen an actual one in a comic store and can attest to whether the actual product matches the promo image's quality (or least closely enough)

That's why I'm considering my options (that bust you showed is one of the things I was consider), I'm not really interested in his green lantern outfit, I want a Sinestro in his Sinestro Corps. outfit)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If you take him out of the box the costume will be in tatters within a year. I had the 13 inch Superman from Returns and his shield fell off 10 minutes after I opened him. There's a reason DCD stopped making them, the vast number of damaged returns was more trouble than it was worth.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Any chance someone wants the Hot Toys Iron Man 2 Autopsy Suit figure?

Thought I'd check here before hitting SAMart. Complete, still have the box and inserts, etc. Don't have the little hologram arm thing though.

This is the Mark II Armor Unleashed version correct?

Cryptobotanist
Oct 23, 2005

Oh no... Poor me...

Rhyno posted:

If you take him out of the box the costume will be in tatters within a year. I had the 13 inch Superman from Returns and his shield fell off 10 minutes after I opened him. There's a reason DCD stopped making them, the vast number of damaged returns was more trouble than it was worth.

wow. Well that is some lovely quality. well thanks for the heads up. One last question. Are you referring to the costume will basically fall apart even if it's only displayed?

Well I guess I'll have to go with a bust or wait and see if the Play Arts Kai DC line releases a Sinestro. There is a premium format statue coming out soon but that's way too expensive for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cryptobotanist posted:

wow. Well that is some lovely quality. well thanks for the heads up. One last question. Are you referring to the costume will basically fall apart even if it's only displayed?

Well I guess I'll have to go with a bust or wait and see if the Play Arts Kai DC line releases a Sinestro. There is a premium format statue coming out soon but that's way too expensive for me.

If you ever touch him it'll prompt the stitching to start unraveling. I've seen afew figures still in the box with costumes coming apart.

Cryptobotanist
Oct 23, 2005

Oh no... Poor me...

Rhyno posted:

If you ever touch him it'll prompt the stitching to start unraveling. I've seen afew figures still in the box with costumes coming apart.

Ah well then that probably would be bad for me, as I like to change a figures pose sometimes. Guess it's that bust then. I mean unless Sideshow or Hot Toys is going to release a Sinestro, but I can't see that happening since the Green Lantern movie tanked, and has soured DC's marketing department toward the franchise somewhat. According to IMDB, there's a sequel, and if that sequel does indeed come out and Sinestro is in it, then maybe there's some hope for a high quality 1/6th scale Sinestro . And hey, while I'm at it, I'll go ahead and hope for a 1/6th scale Scarecrow.

Thanks for your help Rhyno, I will probably be ordering that bust you recommended very soon

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

The Rage posted:

This is the Mark II Armor Unleashed version correct?

Yup. The one with the removable panels and empty head or Rhodey head.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Baroness and Cobra Commander finally arrived, unfortunately Baroness' breastplate has big scuffs on it and one of her magazine holsters is broken so she gets to be exchanged :sigh: Hopefully the exclusive edition stays in stock until it's time to ship a replacement, the second portrait is awesome.

But Cobra Commander is also pretty bitchin' so here's some picture of him!

I love that they actually made a hand crushing a tiny globe.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Yup. The one with the removable panels and empty head or Rhodey head.

PM what you're asking for it, I'll see what I can do.

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!

Is the comically oversized helmet part of a Spaceballs/GI Joe crossover?
Everything else about it looks awesome except that helmet.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Got another Hot Toys figure I'm parting with, just can't find a place for it in my predominantly Marvel collection.

Hot Toys Terminator 2 DX 10 T-800, asking $325 shipped/insured obo. Opened figure and inspected, never displayed. Still in brown shipper.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does the stand just cradle his crotch to hold him up?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That or you can put it under his arms.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Rage posted:

Got another Hot Toys figure I'm parting with, just can't find a place for it in my predominantly Marvel collection.

Hot Toys Terminator 2 DX 10 T-800, asking $325 shipped/insured obo. Opened figure and inspected, never displayed. Still in brown shipper.

Tell me you have a Hot Toys Dutch... I may just be interested if you're offloading it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Hot Toys Dutch is terrible, why would you want that?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

To go with my Classic Predator. :(

Is it really that bad? Looks fine from the shots ive seen online...

Oh poo poo. Okay, nevermind. :3:

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Future Son posted:

Is the comically oversized helmet part of a Spaceballs/GI Joe crossover?
Everything else about it looks awesome except that helmet.

They had the same problem with Boba Fett, Sideshow just has trouble with helmets I guess.

What I need to find now is some kind of Cobra wall scroll to hang behind the throne.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Tell me you have a Hot Toys Dutch... I may just be interested if you're offloading it.

Negative, I didn't collect that far back, but the T-800 sculpt is definitely the best one they've done of him.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I have the battle damaged one and you're probably right, they really nailed it. Instead of pumping out Iron Man's they should start pumping out Schwarzenegger figures. Conan, Running Man, Kindergarten Cop, Junior, etc etc. I would kill for a Pumping Iron figure with a 'Arnold is Numero Uno' shirt.

EDIT: You can't laugh either as they put this poo poo out:

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 3, 2014

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

I have the battle damaged one and you're probably right, they really nailed it. Instead of pumping out Iron Man's they should start pumping out Schwarzenegger figures. Conan, Running Man, Kindergarten Cop, Junior, etc etc. I would kill for a Pumping Iron figure with a 'Arnold is Numero Uno' shirt.

EDIT: You can't laugh either as they put this poo poo out:

A Twins two-pack with Danny Devito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sanschel posted:

A Twins two-pack with Danny Devito.

Once they make that Batman Returns Penguin figure, I can't imagine this set is very far behind.