Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXH6u5RNID8

edit its around 1:10

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

ynohtna posted:

What I miss most from my last relationship. :3:

Love those bits of orange.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I went to see my parents this weekend, and also their cats. Well, I say "their cats", but since my parents made me feed them every morning and evening until I finally moved my rear end out to go to college, they're really my cats.

(These cats have lived in London, Cork (Ireland), London again, Shropshire, and... somewhere else in Shropshire.)

This is Obelix.

Obelix has two states of mind:

Sleeping...

And wanting to love you.

He is dumb as a sack of bricks, but he makes up for it with his charming personality, by which I mean, he loves you. He is capable of learning, but only when it facilitates loving you.

This is Obelix's sister Asterix.

Asterix has, like, cat autism or something, I dunno. She's twitchy, skittish, terrified and uneasy around new people...

...and far cleverer than she lets on. She knows things. She understands things.

There is nothing (except new people) she won't immediately investigate.

Look at what she's standing on. My parents have a glass spiral staircase in their house because... well, I don't know why they did that, maybe they just really like Apple Stores or something. The glass spiral staircase confused and horrified the cats. Right after they moved in, there were builders and such walking around everywhere doing stuff. Asterix went into full panic mode and spent the week hiding and making GBS threads on our beds. Obelix spent the week loving the builders and nervously glancing at the glass spiral staircase. We tried just putting him on the middle stair and waiting and he'd just freak out, glance around, try and find something opaque, fail, look straight down, and freak out again until he finally just made a leap of faith down to the floor through the railings. After several weeks he finally learned to climb up it. Meanwhile, Asterix got taken to the vet and spent another week essentially confined to one room with very bland food. When she was out, she was walking up and down the stairs within a week.

A month later, Obelix still hesitates. We have to coax him up by reminding him that he can love us once he gets up here. It works...

...sometimes.

Fedule has a new favorite as of 00:48 on Jan 30, 2014

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I love Obelix and his special kind of dumb.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

My old cat, next to a "cats rule" sign.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

Particle409, I've noticed you frequently post high-quality pictures of cats and cat phenomena that are of many different cats, presumably not all (or any) of which are your own. Where do you get all these pictures? To be clear I'm not complaining or anything, I like your posts and the cats contained therein. I just need a concentrated dose of kitties sometimes.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Inspector Zenigata posted:

Particle409, I've noticed you frequently post high-quality pictures of cats and cat phenomena that are of many different cats, presumably not all (or any) of which are your own. Where do you get all these pictures? To be clear I'm not complaining or anything, I like your posts and the cats contained therein. I just need a concentrated dose of kitties sometimes.

Randomly browsing Imgur. I just open it up and go through top rated pics. I'm actually allergic to cats, something in their saliva makes me break out, so I just get to look.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

He is a good cat, albeit noisy and demanding.

here is him, with shorter hair, and more demands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUzw8zWsOps

(his name is ozzy)
Please bring more of this floof-lord meow-box to the superior cat thread ASAP.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Didga the cat goes skateboarding (and pulls off a few tricks):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRbakPKgU5Y

Fernhill
Oct 28, 2013

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Please bring more of this floof-lord meow-box to the superior cat thread ASAP.

Poaching cats from PYF, eh?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Brother Jonathan posted:

Poaching cats from PYF, eh?
People shouldn't have to be reduced to posting in PYF in order to share their awesome cats on SA. :shobon:

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

Isn't YOSPOS :nws: ? :colbert:

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Clavietika posted:

Isn't YOSPOS :nws: ? :colbert:
Nope. Inline or untagged NWS is punished -- always has been.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1o_eFtTshc

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

Lookit all the kittens :3

thebehaviorist
Jan 11, 2009

This is Margot:

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

This is my favorite picture to ever pop up in my facebook newsfeed

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

thebehaviorist posted:

This is Margot:

This is also Margot:

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

thebehaviorist posted:

This is Margot:

Margot is a plump, fluffy floorpedo!

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Fedule posted:

This is Obelix.

He is dumb as a sack of bricks, but he makes up for it with his charming personality, by which I mean, he loves you. He is capable of learning, but only when it facilitates loving you.

Obelix reminds me of my poor old tuxedo cat Sylvester. He just showed up at our house, scraggly, scarred, and starving, and immediately decided that every human was just the best, and needed to be rubbed on right now. He would come when you called, but you would have to call him multiple times because he'd forget what he was doing the instant he went from one room into another. He fell off of things and never really learned how to meow, but damned if that cat didn't love every bit of attention he ever got. We never found out where he came from or how he got to our house, but we enjoyed the 8 years he stayed.

He lived with us pre-digital cameras but someday I'll find and scan some pictures of him. In the meantime, enjoy Obelix as much as you can.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Trying to take a shower?

Three out of four cats say no. The fourth couldn't give a crap about anything.

And my SIL's cat for extra measure. He's adorable, all white with one single orange dot.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 08:27 on Jan 30, 2014

goatse.cx
Nov 21, 2013
Some pics of my cats

The rest are here (not goatse lol)
http://imgur.com/a/DShcH#IbO4dmZ

goatse.cx has a new favorite as of 20:56 on Jan 30, 2014

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

This is a friend of mine's cat, a super-fuzzy ragdoll whose general level of activity is "Sitting and laying down". Forgive the instagram filter.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Things that are warm are for MY BUTT :butt:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bub and Bub

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
This is my guy, Hamilton, tolerating some catography:

He's lazy, and beg-y, but he's my bro:

He likes to sit with the lions when we watch nature documentaries together:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Holy poo poo, that's pretty spot-on for a plush replica :stare:

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Say it ain't so.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
I, a 31 year old woman, cried at my desk today at work upon learning the news. And I don't care who knows it.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Edminster posted:

Have you tried ending the game by putting the laser on one of their other toys? One of the things that freaks cats out with laser pointers is that no matter how hard they try they can't catch it. Having it end on some other cat toy like one of those rabbit fur mice or whatever goes a long way towards giving your cat a satisfying conclusion to the hunt.

I heard of one guy making the dot appear at a heat register and then putting it back in the heat register when he was done. He'd occasionally come into the room to find the cat staring intently at the heat register, waiting for his prey to appear.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mister Sinewave posted:

Holy poo poo, that's pretty spot-on for a plush replica :stare:

They're going to start selling them in April with a portion of the proceeds going to an animal shelter.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
How is bub doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Geolicious posted:

I, a 31 year old woman, cried at my desk today at work upon learning the news. And I don't care who knows it.

I know just how you feel, just found out myself. Has somebody broken the news down in yospos yet? Edit: looks like yes.

:(

nockturne has a new favorite as of 05:41 on Jan 31, 2014