Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

amarantinesky posted:

I don't have a fear of spiders just sitting there, it's entirely about creatures actually being on my skin or in my mouth. If I could have a five foot bug- and mouse-free radius around me I'd be happy. The jumping spider looks kinda cute although it's probably a trick.

I don't want a wild bird near me either, so it's not limited to bugs or whatever. I had a bird fly into my car that wouldn't leave and it was a traumatic experience. Then again I'm a deeply messed up person who jumps at any remotely surprising noise so existence is pretty much traumatic at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Don't gently caress with THE SPIDERBALL

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
those are opiliones not spiders :3:

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

No no no no no no no no no no

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

detectivemonkey posted:

Unrelated: in other forums drama news Lady Crew Member Ozma stepped down from admin. My main focus is getting Avshalom back, though.

:cry:

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Heh, you see these in central Texas a lot, they like the eaves of house. It makes the house look like it has furry armpits.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Maybe she just wanted to free up time for lady chat?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

SPIDERBALL

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

detectivemonkey posted:

How was the service? Did you sing or speak and how visible was your pimple?

It was lovely and went very smoothly. The quintet played softly and I spoke the hymn. I was told several times that it was done very well and everyone seemed pleased and told me it was beautiful. (It's not typically a spoken thing, but I really do have a powerful "poetry slam" type speaking voice.) My pimple was nice and small and a combination of Smashbox primer (thank goodness for Sephora samples,) CC Cream and UD pencil made it virtually invisible.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
ozmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;___;

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Pick posted:

those are opiliones not spiders :3:

Are they daddy long legs? Also why do we have them here but I have never seen them in fuzzball form? Not combining I never want to see that ever.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah they're commonly called daddy long-legs in North America, but that can also mean certain types of spider depending on locality.

They're super duper wooper cute and their eyes are like little turrets and some of them are SO loving METAL, I almost posted a few pics but I know not everyone is into it so I'll let you look for it yourselves.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

poopkitty posted:

It was lovely and went very smoothly. The quintet played softly and I spoke the hymn. I was told several times that it was done very well and everyone seemed pleased and told me it was beautiful. (It's not typically a spoken thing, but I really do have a powerful "poetry slam" type speaking voice.) My pimple was nice and small and a combination of Smashbox primer (thank goodness for Sephora samples,) CC Cream and UD pencil made it virtually invisible.

Sephora samples giveth, and Sephora samples taketh away.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

detectivemonkey posted:

Sephora samples giveth, and Sephora samples taketh away.

Hhahahaaaa. Soooo truuuuuue. But Smashbox primer = good.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

poopkitty posted:

my condolences, and i'm glad you were able to do so well for him.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pick posted:

Yeah they're commonly called daddy long-legs in North America, but that can also mean certain types of spider depending on locality.

They're super duper wooper cute and their eyes are like little turrets and some of them are SO loving METAL, I almost posted a few pics but I know not everyone is into it so I'll let you look for it yourselves.

no, do it

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pick posted:

Request eye turret pictures, plz.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Ozma no :( :( :(

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 4, 2014

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

not happy about this

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

poopkitty posted:

Request eye turret pictures, plz.

Coming from the person who isn't on her way to bed :mad:

For reals though it can't be worse than spiderball I want to see these eyes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think I posted a ton in the spider thread.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
eye turret

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Pick posted:

eye turret

That is hardcore his legs look like they're welded on.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

detectivemonkey posted:

Coming from the person who isn't on her way to bed :mad:

Sorry, Monkey. :glomp:

Oh, Pick, it's awesome! And shiny!

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

Pick posted:

eye turret

"Hey, my eyes are up here. No, more up. Toward the back. Near my rear end."

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I went to a Warmachine event tonight. I am terribleat Warmachine

t_violet posted:

:hfive: and :( (and you're a man? I guess I'm not paying attention)

I guess.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

Portals posted:

not happy about this

They weren't, either. People stomping all around, disturbing arachnid cuddle parties. :mad:

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug
Also, I really like the app because the people I don't want to hear don't exist on the app.

"Oh, this poo poo poster is here? I can't help but wonder if what they're saying is finally relevant? Time to App!"

And since nothing is missed when I look through the app, it's easier and easier to ignore them on the web.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Serious Cephalopod posted:

They weren't, either. People stomping all around, disturbing arachnid cuddle parties. :mad:

i worked at a bio station where they loved hanging out in the bathrooms, the people who minded them crawling up their legs had to keep their feet off the floor while they pooped :c00l:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Pick posted:

eye turret

that's that boss from pikmin 2 right

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

boom boom boom posted:

I went to a Warmachine event tonight. I am terribleat Warmachine

I guess.

BTW, the sad face wasn't 'cause of your gender, it's 'cause I basically have the haircut you described but didn't realize other women thought I was trashy. At least not for my hair. For my heels and coke whore acrylic nails, sure, but I always thought my high undercut bob was kinda classy. :(

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

t_violet posted:

BTW, the sad face wasn't 'cause of your gender, it's 'cause I basically have the haircut you described but didn't realize other women thought I was trashy. At least not for my hair. For my heels and coke whore acrylic nails, sure, but I always thought my high undercut bob was kinda classy. :(

gently caress that, I bet you look amazing. He isn't even another woman. It is his hypothesis and your stylishness is fact.

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

Pick posted:

i like walking sticks

they look like sticks and mooove slowwwly

i've been thinking of starting up a colony

WARNING: they move fast when your cat frees them from their tank

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i have to get another cat to do it for me? :confused: im not a cat

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Just to be clear, I really have no idea what any women think about anything.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
putty lives

yay

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
that was a good WW1 post and I learned some stuff, thanks!

also ilu all ladythread

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Serious Cephalopod posted:

gently caress that, I bet you look amazing. He isn't even another woman. It is his hypothesis and your stylishness is fact.

Thank you! :glomp: I dunno tho', I'm definitely a little trashy. The other day in the elevator, an older woman was admiring my shoes and confided that "in my day, we called those titty dancer shoes". But I figured my Posh Spice bob kinda compensated.

boom boom boom posted:

Just to be clear, I really have no idea what any women think about anything.

:glomp: It's all good. (I just assumed you were a k-pop fangirl.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Daddy Long-Legs are cool. They were the only [e:not] spiders I didn't hate as a kid.

Aves Maria! fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 31, 2014

• Locked thread