Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hlwss
Nov 12, 2007

Shugojin posted:

I'm fairly sure we have invited people to Orokin Void survival/defense missions in the past, but this was before we triggered the alarm/walked into the circle.

Also my memory may be false.

I was invited after the alarm in a survival, might have been before five minutes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I'm starting to think I don't understand how cross-faction invasions work. Does the node ALWAYS convert to the invading side when the mission completes, no matter which side gets more support? Because on the PC, literally every node on Europa except the boss has converted to Grineer, and the Grineer seem to be taking over Eris as well even though there was a Forma Blueprint being offered as a Corpus support award at one point (much to my horror, don't take away my Cyath farming darnit :arghfist::saddowns:). I'd assumed it was stupid pubbies trying desperately to farm the Harvester no matter what the cost, but I looked at Phobos and somehow the Corpus are taking that over bit by bit, now.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
That's because Phobos was the place that had the two Catalyst BPs as rewards for helping the Corpus so of course those nodes would switch over to the Corpus.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Also a lot of pubbies want to get the Harvester after them and you only get that by helping the grineer in those missions, so that is why the only invasions corpus win are the really obvious reward ones, in the 50k credit ones, the grineer win by pubbies wanting the detron, It's kind of hosed up right now and I hope DE finds something to give people reason to support the corpus before they go extinct.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Azzanadra posted:

Also a lot of pubbies want to get the Harvester after them and you only get that by helping the grineer in those missions, so that is why the only invasions corpus win are the really obvious reward ones, in the 50k credit ones, the grineer win by pubbies wanting the detron, It's kind of hosed up right now and I hope DE finds something to give people reason to support the corpus before they go extinct.

It's only a matter of time before the CLONERER secret boss shows up to incentivize anti-Grineer missions. :eng99:

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Synastren posted:

It's only a matter of time before the CLONERER secret boss shows up to incentivize anti-Grineer missions. :eng99:

A better solution would be to give Harvester aggresion to some bosses instead, but this would probably be something DE would do.

:negative:

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Azzanadra posted:

A better solution would be to give Harvester aggresion to some bosses instead, but this would probably be something DE would do.

If they did that, then that would functionally make Stalker the Grineer-specific ambush boss, which would be exceptionally problematic, I think.

ed: Didn't they introduce Harvester because Corpus would always win invasions?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Synastren posted:

If they did that, then that would functionally make Stalker the Grineer-specific ambush boss, which would be exceptionally problematic, I think.

ed: Didn't they introduce Harvester because Corpus would always win invasions?

I generally pick Grineer if the reward is identical because gently caress dealing with shields and helmets, though the buggy rear end laser doors which you can slide through sometimes and the other times you get stuck inside in a knockdown loop that drains all your shields can go right to hell too.

Also, now that I've completed the solar map and beat the last boss in the Orokin Derelict I beat the game now I guess?

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Got my invite to the clan all set, and my clan key crafted. Working on ranking up my Braton, Lato, Cronus Excalibur. Is there a warframe I should work on crafting if I have a thing for giant cannons or massive melee weapons?

I'm also not sure how to talk in clan chat

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Vadun posted:

Got my invite to the clan all set, and my clan key crafted. Working on ranking up my Braton, Lato, Cronus Excalibur. Is there a warframe I should work on crafting if I have a thing for giant cannons or massive melee weapons?

I'm also not sure how to talk in clan chat

Rhino is an incredibly good warframe that you can get really early. Excalibur + Ogris (only rocket launcher in the game afaik) + Super Jump is apparently really good, but I haven't tried it yet.

To talk in clan chat, click on the little talky button on the right side of the screen. It's the top one here:

After that, just click on the Clan tab and chat away!

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Can I get a clan invite on PS4 Photex-Media

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Azzanadra posted:

I always found it funny how Stalker would get on your case for killing certain Corpus bosses. He's all "Did you think your crimes against Raptor would go unpunished?" and I'm just like "uhh you know it's a drone right they can build more". Maybe he just really loves drone strikes.

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 31, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Insert name here posted:

I always found it funny how Stalker would get on your case for killing certain Corpus bosses. He's all "Did you think your crimes against Raptor would go unpunished?" and I'm just like "uhh you know it's a drone right they can build more". Maybe he just really loves drone strikes.

He also loves Phorid. I'm assuming that Phorid is actually his dog.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I also love trying to figure out justifications for some of the missions you're doing, which seems to make no sense at all. Like a sabotage mission in a grineer base that's already completely overrun with infested.

"The Grineer have been mining the nearby moons for alloys and stuff and we can't allow this."

Oh really? Kind of seems like all the monsters that killed everyone stopped them first. But then! There was an objective change halfway through which made it into an exterminate mission, which actually made sense!

I kind of wonder if that kind of thing is planned, because other missions have you going to assassinate some dude that's surrounded by a ton of monsters who would normally be eating him alive first thing.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Just did a 25 minute survival. The rewards? Five Latron Prime Receivers :downsgun:

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jan 31, 2014

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Mercury_Storm posted:

I also love trying to figure out justifications for some of the missions you're doing, which seems to make no sense at all. Like a sabotage mission in a grineer base that's already completely overrun with infested.

"The Grineer have been mining the nearby moons for alloys and stuff and we can't allow this."

Oh really? Kind of seems like all the monsters that killed everyone stopped them first. But then! There was an objective change halfway through which made it into an exterminate mission, which actually made sense!

I kind of wonder if that kind of thing is planned, because other missions have you going to assassinate some dude that's surrounded by a ton of monsters who would normally be eating him alive first thing.

Don't even try to rationalize anything going on at a deeper level in this game. The grineer are clearly way more advanced at killing people than the corpus, so the idea that they're in some kind of struggle is a joke. The fact that we're just now trying to stop them from mining stuff to get more advanced tech is absurd. They've already got rocket launchers, napalm, a legion of Scorpion, and little death rolling balls. We're too late. I was so happy to find out that I was already working towards getting harvested just by siding with the faction that was more obnoxious to kill, given equal rewards.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
"The Corpus have disabled the air on this planet."

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah that's another thing I don't get. You're supposed to be on ships in most of the missions right? How are there a bunch of rock caves and open air areas on these ships?

I guess you can kinda rationalize the life support getting turned off by there being a tiny shielded atmosphere around the open areas or something, but yeah.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The big caves are the Grineer Asteroid tileset.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Mercury_Storm posted:

Yeah that's another thing I don't get. You're supposed to be on ships in most of the missions right? How are there a bunch of rock caves and open air areas on these ships?

I guess you can kinda rationalize the life support getting turned off by there being a tiny shielded atmosphere around the open areas or something, but yeah.

Don't forget the Grineer that aren't wearing helmets. I can only imagine the exchange.

:black101: 'KILL THE TENNO!'
:confused: 'But there's no air in there!'
:black101: 'HOLD YOUR BREATH!'

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mercury_Storm posted:

It irrationally bothers me that Phobos looks like Mars should with the red and the open and everything.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Shugojin posted:

It irrationally bothers me that Phobos looks like Mars should with the red and the open and everything.

Phobos is literally the best planet. I really wish it was used more often. It's got poo poo open-areas, but it does make some of the best defense/survival missions.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Shugojin posted:

Well Venus is an ice planet in Warframe and Europa got knocked out of Jupiter's orbit, if they somehow pulled that off then turning a small 20 mile rock into a gigantic desert world shouldn't be a big deal.

Also, everything about the solar system we know and love is probably long gone. Except Earth sort of.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

limited posted:

Don't forget the Grineer that aren't wearing helmets. I can only imagine the exchange.

:black101: 'KILL THE TENNO!'
:confused: 'But there's no air in there!'
:black101: 'HOLD YOUR BREATH!'

They do drop Personal life support units.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Only some of them.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

For all we know their faces aren't real. :tinfoil:

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Only some of them.

Maybe the rest got theirs damaged when we kill them.
The best part is the Infested having their own personal life support system. Well, I guess you could stretch it and say those are owned by the person before they got infested.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

wid posted:

Maybe the rest got theirs damaged when we kill them.
The best part is the Infested having their own personal life support system. Well, I guess you could stretch it and say those are owned by the person before they got infested.

Yeah, but how do they disable the life support system to "choke you out"? Their AI is pretty bad in comparison to the other enemies, so I doubt they're supposed to be smart enough to access a computer system.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Mercury_Storm posted:

Yeah, but how do they disable the life support system to "choke you out"? Their AI is pretty bad in comparison to the other enemies, so I doubt they're supposed to be smart enough to access a computer system.
"What do you mean they cut the power? How could they cut the power man? They're animals!"

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I would totally watch a Warframe movie that was just like Aliens or The Raid or Dredd, just a basic story and tons of cool fights n'poo poo. I'm twelve.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mercury_Storm posted:

Still functional automatic systems? Seems reasonable enough to me anyway.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Either that or they just set Chargers on every single power outlet in the base/asteroid/ship etc. until one of them chews through the air-processing power cable, or somesuch. They have reserves, after all.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I just like to imagine that we're actually the bad guys and the Lotus just has a huge hate-boner for everyone else. Mining facility already overrun by Infested? Blow it up anyway. Corpus repairing the solar rail system, possibly bringing affordable mass transit and commodity transport to an entire solar system? Not on my watch! Grineer trying to cut down some trees? gently caress that, poison the water supply!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is it a thing recently for pubbies to not do their mastery tests? It seems I've come across a few lately who are rank 0, but wandering around in later planets, like Earth. Sometimes they have the starter gear, sometimes not.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

hooah posted:

Is it a thing recently for pubbies to not do their mastery tests? It seems I've come across a few lately who are rank 0, but wandering around in later planets, like Earth. Sometimes they have the starter gear, sometimes not.

The game is pretty poo poo at telling you that you have ranked up, they probably don't even know about it.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Got my first ever perfect BP run last night when I did Alad V five times last night. I crashed twice so those don't count. Nope, defintitely don't count.

I also then realised that I also had all the Vauban BPs and I'm not sure when that happened :cripes:

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Ice Fist posted:

Got my first ever perfect BP run last night when I did Alad V five times last night. I crashed twice so those don't count. Nope, defintitely don't count.

I also then realised that I also had all the Vauban BPs and I'm not sure when that happened :cripes:

I think the last perfect run I did was for Saryn. Of course I forgot I already had a helmet cooked up. Kind of at that point where the only thing left to collect is prime weapons and frames. Which means farming for keys :suicide: Capture keys are definitely my bane. Specifically to get the orthos blades but finishing a bronco and ember prime would be pretty nice.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Pierson posted:

"The Corpus have disabled the air on this planet."
I just think it's like Spaceballs and the Corpus are actually rolling around in Spaceball 1 up in the sky.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Sandweed posted:

The game is pretty poo poo at telling you that you have ranked up, they probably don't even know about it.
At least on PS4 when you hit a new rank, the play button is replaced by a button to do the rank test so I don't know if it's even possible to miss it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013

QQmore posted:

I think the last perfect run I did was for Saryn. Of course I forgot I already had a helmet cooked up. Kind of at that point where the only thing left to collect is prime weapons and frames. Which means farming for keys :suicide: Capture keys are definitely my bane. Specifically to get the orthos blades but finishing a bronco and ember prime would be pretty nice.

I find there to be quite a lot of hosts looking for people in the recruit tab such that I haven't needed to farm for keys. Considering how long it takes to farm a single kind of key you want, it takes much less time to wait a few minutes for someone to shout out a mission type you need. You need to be a bit fast at typing to whisper them before everyone else however. Of course, once you get to that last item you need that only drops reliably from one tier of a mission type, it might get a bit difficult to find a host, but that's the case for getting that key as well.