Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Madkal posted:

I would love for Cap to listen to Beds are Burning.

In A Big Country gets my vote.

In A Big Country will always get my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Come on, you're all missing the point here. It's Australia and New Zealand.

It is our god-given duty to get Cap to listen to Too Many Dicks on the Dannce Floor.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sgt. Politeness posted:

In A Big Country gets my vote.

In A Big Country will always get my vote.

Uh, Big Country is a UK band. I thought the contest was for Aussies/Kiwis?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I missed this. It looks more like the FB photo from some TVTroper who got arrested for molesting his kid sister.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I missed this. It looks more like the FB photo from some TVTroper who got arrested for molesting his kid sister.

Well, in the Ultimate universe...

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

Any theories about the Japanese pop group they saw filming winter soldier in DC? Just remembered that video the other day.

The group was WORLD ORDER. I think they were filming the video for this song and were just filming in DC the same time as Winter Soldier.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The MSJ posted:

Well, in the Ultimate universe...

Yea don't remind me. MILLAR! :doom:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

You mean LOEB :doom:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought Mark Millar was the overlord of the Ultimate universe.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

No that would be Bendis. The guy who started it with Ultimate Spider-man and is still writing it. Millar did hint that Wanda and Pietro banged, but Loeb had it confirmed.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

bobkatt013 posted:

Look at you geezers and your WW2-era understanding of the love between brother and sister.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

mind the walrus posted:

Uh, Big Country is a UK band. I thought the contest was for Aussies/Kiwis?

Ha ha woops, I guess maybe the song is about Australia then?

Then I vote for something by the Verlaines, but only to appease my roommate who is oddly enough a huge fan of them and Bucky Barnes.

Edit: gently caress, I always wondered why they had bag pipes(a guitar that sounds like bag pipes?) in that song.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jan 31, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The MSJ posted:

Look at you geezers and your WW2-era understanding of the love between brother and sister.

I honestly think it was done purely because they thought it would be hot.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Edit: gently caress, I always wondered why they had bag pipes(a guitar that sounds like bag pipes?) in that song.

The guitarist used an e-bow for that effect, something that feels like it should come from the future. The 80s future.

Surely the Aussiest song is Men At Work's "Land Down Under", right?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

twistedmentat posted:

See, Millar was actually kind of subtle about it compared with Loeb.

Seriously, if you're a writer that's less subtle than Mark 'AND THIS IS ME loving YOU IN THE rear end' Millar you got problems son.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Has Marvel said if they are doing a Super Bowl ad?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Has Marvel said if they are doing a Super Bowl ad?

Yes Captain America is getting one. I am not sure if Guardians is also.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

James Gunn said there will not be one at the Superbowl, but there's something coming soon.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
James Gunn said that there won't be a Guardians trailer during the Super Bowl.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Crossposting from CineD:

Remember when Channing Tatum said he would love to play Gambit? X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner is on the same page.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I refuse to accept it because Tatum should be Colossus :colbert:

Also there'll be new trailer for Amazing Spider-Man 2 at the Super Bowl and it looks pretty drat good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihLNAcF2dBE

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Waterhaul posted:

Man if you don't think that Channing Tatum would make the greatest Fake Cajun Scumbag ever I don't even know what to think of you.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do kind of want to see him put on a bad Cajun accent for 2 hours

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Opopanax posted:

I do kind of want to see him put on a bad Cajun accent for 2 hours

Sims' X-Men reviews have given me a newfound love for the worst accents on the planet, so yes I definitely need more of this in my life.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

Man if you don't think that Channing Tatum would make the greatest Fake Cajun Scumbag ever I don't even know what to think of you.

He'd be good, but everyone knows the best one would be Sawyer from Lost.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

Uuuuuugh this would be so much drat better than the wet dishrag they've got in that role.

I'm still very excited for DOFP, but man, the dude that plays Colossus just sucks. Also the dude that plays Havok.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Millar did hint that Wanda and Pietro banged, but Loeb had it confirmed.

So much for Mark Millar's famed subtle touch.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Channing can be Gambit if Jonah Hill voices Doop.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Aphrodite posted:

He'd be good, but everyone knows the best one would be Sawyer from Lost.

I bet that dude has 'Sawyer from Lost' written on his head-shot sheet.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

WB has announced who will be playing Lex luthor and alfred in the new superman/batman/wonderwoman movie.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/jesse-eisenberg-jeremy-irons-superman-batman-movie-warner-bros/

odd choices, but that seems to be par for the course.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/jesse-eisenberg-cast-as-lex-luthor-in-supermanbatman-jeremy-irons-set-as-alfred-1201079902/

quote:

Warner Bros. Pictures has cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons will play Alfred in the upcoming Superman/Batman film.

Interesting casting Jesse Eisenberg...But Irons seems like a pretty good pick.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
Irons seems fine, but isn't America ready for a black Lex Luthor? I was really hoping so

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Mark Zuckerberg as Lex Luthor, next you'll be telling me Eduardo Saverin is some kind of superhero! :v:

I actually wouldn't be shocked if they're explicitly going for a Zuckerberg-esque feel with this movie's Lex, hence Eisenberg.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I have no problem with either of that casting. Well except that Irons is a crazy person but other than that.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Eisenberg makes sense given recent popular Lexes.

He fits as youngish Smallville-esque Lex, obviously, but I can also see him as, say, Birthright Lex.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Well, at least we saw the Luthor truck in MoS, so he won't be some random Internet billionaire.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Someone must have told the casting director that everyone kept saying Heisenberg should play Luthor and he misheard?

Although, the way Eisenberg acted as a petulant dick who knows how smart he is and resents other people for not recognizing it in The Social Network is kind of how I imagine Luthor thinks to himself. Not how I imagine Luthor acting though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Speaking of casting crazy people, I never realized that the generic Jerk Businessman in Batman Begins was played by Rutger loving Hauer until I rewatched the first 2 films before going to see Rises in theaters. What an odd casting choice, but it totally works.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

greatn posted:

Someone must have told the casting director that everyone kept saying Heisenberg should play Luthor and he misheard?

Although, the way Eisenberg acted as a petulant dick who knows how smart he is and resents other people for not recognizing it in The Social Network is kind of how I imagine Luthor thinks to himself. Not how I imagine Luthor acting though.

They may play it up as a new upstart company vs the established Waynetech. Have Lexcorp be the Google to Waynetech's Microsoft. They could use that as a reason for the Bruce/Lex conflict. Have Lexcorp making massive money off found Krypton tech and about to take over Waynetech. They mentioned that they will be taking a new spin on Bruce as an older wiser Batman. This could be the logical choice for a Younger Lex to be the polar opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Gaz-L posted:

Mark Zuckerberg as Lex Luthor, next you'll be telling me Eduardo Saverin is some kind of superhero! :v:

I actually wouldn't be shocked if they're explicitly going for a Zuckerberg-esque feel with this movie's Lex, hence Eisenberg.

Snyder has said he wanted to portray a younger Lex that was kind of like a cross between Bill Gates and Brad Pitt. The shock is wearing off, but I think Eisenberg is a solid casting choice. I didn't realize he's the same age as Cavill too.

• Locked thread