Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Broseph Brostar posted:

If I remember correctly Jotaro even had a super to counter Dio's slow time. Apparently the game also had a bunch of cut content even though the game had a second revision. Like for instance, there's an almost complete sprite for Grey Fly and it's user.

Speaking of the Capcom game, I wonder if the anime is going to use their design for Midler or if they'll stay true to the manga and just show her legs.
-Pretty sure doing Jotaro's time stop allows him to move during Dio's for as long as his bar lasts.
-There was also sketches for an N'Dour sprite standing and fighting with his cane. He was probably going to be playable at one point.
-Capcom Midler is canon. Araki drew her that way in original art for JoJo-A-Go-Go. I bet the anime will show less than the manga did though. Just a hunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Jotaro also has a special button combo he can press during DIO's steam roller super to negate part of the damage. Basically what I'm saying is the game is cool and fun with lots of character diversity and silly stuff to do and look at and I play fighting games "for serious" but I'm not looking for the Jojo's button masher or DBZ Budokai to be anything other than a good fun time of watching Goku and Jotaro do the moves.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
My favorite of all the cut/unused stuff is the sprite from Akuma's raging demon with a paw print next to it that was going to appear after Iggy's raging demon super. It would have been a pretty good easter egg, but I can understand that it didn't actually fit the game.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!

Broseph Brostar posted:

If I remember correctly Jotaro even had a super to counter Dio's slow time.

It's not exactly a counter, but you can use it as one. Jotaro also has "The World" ability. If one person activates The World, the other player can activate theirs, and both players are able to fight until one person's super meter burns out, which results in a brief Time Stop period. It's a neat mechanic they put in that remains true to the series.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Knock yourself out, people.

(I make no claims to the quality of the game, this was a loving around exercise.)

Definitely liking where this is going but I think it could use some work for clarity and simplicity. Maybe using Fate Accelerated as a base, since its simple as poo poo and easy to understand.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

mr. stefan posted:

Definitely liking where this is going but I think it could use some work for clarity and simplicity. Maybe using Fate Accelerated as a base, since its simple as poo poo and easy to understand.

Also, 10 aspects is WAY too much to keep track of.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, 10 aspects is WAY too much to keep track of.

Someone hasn't played Spirit of the Century. :colbert:

I was thinking of reducing it to eight or so anyway.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Someone hasn't played Spirit of the Century. :colbert:

I was thinking of reducing it to eight or so anyway.

I have.

Ten aspects are WAY too many to keep track of.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I'm doing a writeup right now but so far I'm thinking cut from ten aspects to five (high concept, trouble, three general) with your attributes functioning as skills with a 20 point budget, and stands/vampirism/the ripple being a 4-5 refresh power you can choose to buy. Also instead of HP using a consequence track.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

mr. stefan posted:

I'm doing a writeup right now but so far I'm thinking cut from ten aspects to five (high concept, trouble, three general) with your attributes functioning as skills with a 20 point budget, and stands/vampirism/the ripple being a 4-5 refresh power you can choose to buy. Also instead of HP using a consequence track.

I noticed that Mighty Dicktron's game doesn't have a dedicated secondary track for will/mental strength. It might be necessary since stand users can still use their abilities even in poor physical health so the default physical and mental stress tracks should be fine enough.

I've got my own ideas I'll try writing out but he stand creation looks really good. The only change I could think of is taking some of the aspects you've added to the character and give them to the stand instead.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does anything in Part 5 top the train arc, or should I just start part 6 now?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
If you've gotten that far you might as well finish it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Knock yourself out, people.

(I make no claims to the quality of the game, this was a loving around exercise.)

Has anyone here ever run Fate before? I've never played it but I've always wanted to try playing a jojo-themed pen and paper game. The only one I ever saw on these forums was a freeform roleplay thing that died and didn't really seem to have much to do with jojo outside of names and also it sucked on account of the people who made it not choosing the player whose stand was "Space Jam." I've never ran a Fate game before but if someone here has and wants to try it out, it could be a fun way to test out the rules and tweak it as necessary. I've already got an idea for a stand too based on the current rules. Maybe once the rules are tweaked a little we could try playing a game of it over in Trad Games?

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

Pomp posted:

Does anything in Part 5 top the train arc, or should I just start part 6 now?

The fight right after the train arc isn't great but the one after that one is one of my favorites in all of vento aureo so I'd say keep going.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV_UhqF4JFI

This pretty much sums up Part 3.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

I wouldn't be surprised if TMB actually came out dressed like this at some point in the WWE.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

I forgot the chapter where they fought Vince McMahon and his stand, "Higher Power".

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!

MelvinBison posted:

I forgot the chapter where they fought Vince McMahon and his stand, "Higher Power".

Really? I thought his stand was "Montreal Screwjob"? You know, that stand that can cause a submission to become a pinfall?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Finished Vento Aureo, and I didn't think King Crimson or the ending were confusing. King Crimson mostly is just a poor fit for the medium, I think, and I'm not even sure what part of the ending has been deemed confusing, because it all made sense to me. Was it Diavolo's death and that reality poo poo Requiem went on about? I just assumed it was poor translation, and figured that trippy poo poo Diavolo was dealing with was just Golden Experience's weird loving mind-body desync powered up.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 29, 2014

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

King Crimson isn't too hard to comprehend if you have seen that one futurama episode about time skips, but I still don't get why Bruno saw himself when he first fought Diavolo.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
I re-read it recently and the only thing I still don't fully understand is how diavolo beat silver chariot requiem.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Broseph Brostar posted:

King Crimson isn't too hard to comprehend if you have seen that one futurama episode about time skips, but I still don't get why Bruno saw himself when he first fought Diavolo.
...King Crimson picked him up and moved him around during the skipped time, like Dio did with Polnareff on the staircase?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

dudermcbrohan posted:

I re-read it recently and the only thing I still don't fully understand is how diavolo beat silver chariot requiem.

It made enough sense, I thought. I was surprised why everyone gets confused by it. Jojo often has weird things that cause stand abilities to work - can detect carbon dioxide, aims via movement in the air, distinguishes target by body heat, only effects you if the user can spot your fear tells, etc. Having a stand that creates a light that's always behind you and will effect you as long as that light's there makes just about as much sense as the others.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Perigryn posted:

...King Crimson picked him up and moved him around during the skipped time, like Dio did with Polnareff on the staircase?

I thought the idea was KC can't interact with anything during skipped time, because it doesn't matter once it's been edited out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just think of the Bruno thing as somthing like all the poo poo that happened when D4C first showed up. It does not make sense with how the power was said to work latter on so it was just Araki trying to figure out how he wanted it too.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man, Jotaro is a terrible father.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Broseph Brostar posted:

He saw himself in the future. Diavolo can temporarily give Epitaph to other people.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

He saw himself in the future. Diavolo can temporarily give Epitaph to other people.

It's been a while since I read Part V, but didn't he "give" Epitaph only to his split personality? Doppio probably always had King Crimson and just convinced himself his boss gave him Epitaph to keep his delusion going. You know, like how he uses ice cream cones as phones and poo poo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Epitaph was only really ever given to Doppio who IS Diavolo, so it's hard to say if he's actually able to give Epitaph to other people, or that was just like a "OH poo poo I AM SO hosed I CAN SEE MY DEATH" moment.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Pomp posted:

Man, Jotaro is a terrible father.

I dunno I still think Joseph is a worse father, at least Jotaro doesn't sleep around. Jotaro is just too stupid to explain everything to Jolyne.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Namco has the English version of ASB up for pre-order. Better get it now because they're only doing a limited run of physical copies.

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store?Action=pd&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=namcous&productID=296650600&sac=true#.UurCn8v-XpN

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't understand the logic in doing a printed run when you're trying to save money, but I guess I'm pre-ordering.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Namco has the English version of ASB up for pre-order. Better get it now because they're only doing a limited run of physical copies.

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store?Action=pd&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=namcous&productID=296650600&sac=true#.UurCn8v-XpN

http://www.destructoid.com/jojo-s-bizarre-adventure-has-new-content-for-the-west-269719.phtml Some more information on the game. Apparently the farmerate is being improved as well for the game along with us getting other extras.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Does that mean they're not even selling it in stores?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MelvinBison posted:

Does that mean they're not even selling it in stores?

The physical run is only Amazon and ClubNamco. Otherwise, it's digital.

Edit: In other news, English footage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h14sfSpyjQs

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jan 31, 2014

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I must be one of the few people who still hasn't seen that episode.

The thing with part 5 much like the previous parts is that there are stand abilities that exist earlier in the series that get dropped or changed as the story goes on and Araki seems to get a better handle on how to implement them. Otherwise the character never really uses their ability at all and gets put on a bus/Defeated; part 5 suffers from this the most with both Diavolo and Giorno. Remember how the objects that Gold Experience creates 'defend' themselves by reflecting all damage onto the attacker? Or how getting hit with GE gave you an abundance of energy? I would just chalk up Bruno's out of body experience to an earlier version of King Crimson's ability or Araki injecting a little tension into Diavolo's villainous reveal.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

How do they keep finding the most boring examples possible to show this game off. :ughh:

By this point I wouldn't be surprised if some people had been turned off the game just because every time someone makes a video on it, they play like it's the first fighting game they've ever touched.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Yardbomb posted:

How do they keep finding the most boring examples possible to show this game off. :ughh:

By this point I wouldn't be surprised if some people had been turned off the game just because every time someone makes a video on it, they play like it's the first fighting game they've ever touched.

I don't know man, Johnny was pretty good as far that
But yeah, Gyro couldn't do poo poo.

Ledgy fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I think the intention was probably to show off the weird horse mechanics. Can't say I've ever seen a fighting game do something like that, so it's bound to get people interested, even if the actual fight wasn't good.

• Locked thread