Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Watzke posted:

Das Verhältnis zwischen den Münchnern und dem Verfolger aus dem Ruhrpott ist wohl doch nicht so gut wie von beiden Seiten immer betont wird. Auf einer Presserunde in Berlin am Donnerstagabend schilderte Watzke seine Sicht der Dinge.

"Jetzt schlagen sie zurück", erklärte der 54-Jährige in Bezug auf die Anstrengungen der Bayern, nach dem BVB-Double 2012 die Vorherrschaft in der Liga zurückzugewinnen.

:cry:

Watzke posted:

Mehr noch: "Natürlich war es nach den beiden Meisterschaften und dem Double das Ansinnen, uns zu zerstören. Aber nicht dahingehend, dass man uns menschlich kaputtmachen oder uns nicht mögen würde. Es ging vielmehr darum, uns als Rivalen auszuschalten. Das ist aber total legitim. Und damit müssen wir leben."

Im vergangenen Sommer war Mario Götze aus Dortmund an die Isar gewechselt, in wenigen Monaten wird es ihm Stürmer Robert Lewandowski gleichtun. "Wenn sie das zweifache Gehalt geboten bekommen, haben wir nun mal keine Chance", wird Watzke in der "Welt" zitiert.

Watzke posted:

Mit 50 Punkten sitzen die Münchner komfortabel an der Tabellenspitze, Dortmund ist schon 17 Punkte weg. "Es gibt derzeit keine andere Liga, die derart von einem einzigen Klub dominiert wird wie die Bundesliga", so Watze. "Das sind keine spanischen, das sind schottische Verhältnisse."

Kampflos wolle man sich aber nicht geschlagen geben. "Wir werden im Sommer investieren, und das nicht wenig. Wir werden einiges machen", bekräftigte der BVB-Boss erneut die Absicht, richtig Geld auszugeben. "Wir werden ein paar Ausrufezeichen setzen und haben noch Raum für Steigerungen im Gehaltsbudget."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I haven't read the article but you forgot the part where he complained about Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim and Leverkusen. There's always a part where he complains about Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim and Leverkusen.

*edit: :cry:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Aubameyang strikes again! If we can't beat Braunshweig then what's the point?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Reset Smith posted:

Aubameyang strikes again! If we can't beat Braunshweig then what's the point?

I'm so jealous :qq:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
How do you miss that Robert?
edit: And poor Mkhicky just can't catch a break

Reset Smith fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 31, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Reset Smith posted:

How do you miss that Robert?

Bayern is paying him off

Literally

Got that in English?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

DOOP posted:

Bayern is paying him off

Literally

Got that in English?

I'm trying really hard not to think things like that
edit: Dortmund are still terrible at corners, can't score from them and certainly can't defend them properly.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

DOOP posted:

Bayern is paying him off

Literally

Got that in English?

It's the usual: Watzke whining about how unfair the whole football business is, how eeeeviiil Bayern are because they dared to activate Götze's buy-out clause and sign Lewandowski on a free and how they're only out to destroy Dortmund etc

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

DOOP posted:

Bayern is paying him off

No they're not. He's basically attained the same level of proficiency he's been displaying for years playing for the Polish national team. I'm literally salivating at the prospect of his being discovered for the fraud that he is and his wasting away on Bayern's bench and getting paid millions of euros for it.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Dunban posted:

It's the usual: Watzke whining about how unfair the whole football business is, how eeeeviiil Bayern are because they dared to activate Götze's buy-out clause and sign Lewandowski on a free and how they're only out to destroy Dortmund etc

Are you saying that Bayern did not deliberately sign two of the best key players off their most successful domestic rival of the last years or what? He only stated the facts there.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

elbkaida posted:

Are you saying that Bayern did not deliberately sign two of the best key players off their most successful domestic rival of the last years or what? He only stated the facts there.

Bayern signed them (again, one on a free, the other cause he had a buy-out clause) because they're world-class players. When you've got a squad like Bayern there aren't exactly many players in the world who can improve that squad who are affordable and whose current club is willing to let them go. They know the league, they weren't already on ridiculous wages..they were two amazing and really just logical transfers.
It's not exactly Bayern's fault that Dortmund were unable extend Lewandowski's contract (he was on €1.5m per year lmao) or that they signed a couple of poo poo players with the 37 million they got for Götze.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Dunban posted:

Bayern signed them (again, one on a free, the other cause he had a buy-out clause) because they're world-class players. When you've got a squad like Bayern there aren't exactly many players in the world who can improve that squad who are affordable and whose current club is willing to let them go. They know the league, they weren't already on ridiculous wages..they were two amazing and really just logical transfers.
It's not exactly Bayern's fault that Dortmund were unable extend Lewandowski's contract (he was on €1.5m per year lmao) or that they signed a couple of poo poo players with the 37 million they got for Götze.

On top of that its not like Dortmund didn't do the same with Reus either. It literally is business as usual for the clubs at the top.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

CVE posted:

On top of that its not like Dortmund didn't do the same with Reus either. It literally business as usual for the clubs at the top.

It's business as usual for literally every single football club ever. Players go from "worse" clubs to "better" clubs. But of course that doesn't apply to Dortmund because they're special little snowflakes. #EchteLiebe

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

mackintosh posted:

No they're not. He's basically attained the same level of proficiency he's been displaying for years playing for the Polish national team. I'm literally salivating at the prospect of his being discovered for the fraud that he is and his wasting away on Bayern's bench and getting paid millions of euros for it.

I'd love to get paid millions sitting on Bayern's bench hth.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Healbot posted:

I'd love to get paid millions sitting on Bayern's bench hth.

I'd probably even watch the match from the VIP terrace if I didn't make the bench.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I really don't know what kind of drugs Watzke was on when he gave that interview. With a lot of goodwill you could point out what he is really trying to say (we had some good players and Bayern contracted them because they want to be better than us) but his choice of words is so ridiculously stupid that I wonder what he wants to achieve with that. Maybe he tries to get the media's attention so they will stop talking about how bad some of Dortmund's players are at the moment. Like Reus and Micky yesterday. They sure run around a lot and create some good situations, but they can't score for poo poo. Aubameyang is just the opposite, you don't see him a lot but he scores twice, like Mario Gomez a couple of years ago. This is how you win matches. Against Braunschweig.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
This season seems just as much Dortmund being poo poo as Bayern being good, what happened to them?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Personally I'm glad that Watzke is keeping the media focus on how poo poo Dortmund is while we, still ranked #2 in the league, lost three games in a row against relegation-quality teams. As long as we're above Dortmund, it's a winning season.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009

tekz posted:

This season seems just as much Dortmund being poo poo as Bayern being good, what happened to them?

They haven't changed their gamestyle much since those two amazing years and most teams have found a way to deflect their strengths. A lot of major injuries. They witness Bayern dominate basically the whole world in a way Dortmund never could, and then Bayern contract not only Guardiola but also two of Dortmund's best players. In general, every major team in the world is suddenly interested in their players and is able to pay them three times the wages, so they are faced with the looming threat of the team falling apart and the constant rumors about which major player will leave you next, while Auba and Micky don't immediately turn out to be the amazing players everyone wants them to be.
All of this is, I guess, a major problem at least in the mental department for both the players and Klopp/Watzke/Zorc. Also, Bayern are just in their own plane of existence so Dortmund is suddenly the one team everyone wants to win against in order to feel good. This is basically what Klopp said before the Augsburg match.

I feel like this is reflected in the media attention focused very much on Dortmund while Leverkusen are statistically "Bayernjaeger Nr.1" but noone seems to really care about them. Basically, what Katana Gomai says. On the other hand, the CL performances might be a factor.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Oh well. The only major league I get on TV is the bundesliga and I'd like to watch it but it feels too one-sided for me to take an interest.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

tekz posted:

Injuries are a huge factor. I know it's the oldest and lamest excuse but this season the injury bug has been stomping all over Dortmund. I'd like to see how well Bayern could do over a half season if they had comparable injuries. Imagine Bayern trying to compete without Lahm, Dante, Boateng, Schweinsteiger, and Ribery. That's basically what Dortmund have been trying to do for months now.
All Watzke is saying is that Bayern has an enormous overwhelming advantage over every other team in Germany and they are ruthless in protecting their position on the top. Dortmund are hardly the first challenger Bayern have tried to dismantle using their money, just ask Werder and Leverkusen fans.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Reset Smith posted:

Injuries are a huge factor. I know it's the oldest and lamest excuse but this season the injury bug has been stomping all over Dortmund. I'd like to see how well Bayern could do over a half season if they had comparable injuries. Imagine Bayern trying to compete without Lahm, Dante, Boateng, Schweinsteiger, and Ribery. That's basically what Dortmund have been trying to do for months now.
All Watzke is saying is that Bayern has an enormous overwhelming advantage over every other team in Germany and they are ruthless in protecting their position on the top. Dortmund are hardly the first challenger Bayern have tried to dismantle using their money, just ask Werder and Leverkusen fans.

Bayern are having comparable injury woes this season.

Also: :cry:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I figuratively died during this game. What a loving relief.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Dunban posted:

Bayern are having comparable injury woes this season.
You have got to be joking.
And on a different note, Could this finally be the year Hamburg gets relegated?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Reset Smith posted:

You have got to be joking.
And on a different note, Could this finally be the year Hamburg gets relegated?

Nope.
Götze went into the season with an injury he carried over from Dortmund and was out for months, Thiago was out for 3 months, Shaqiri and Pizarro for 2 months, Robben has been injured since December, Höjbjerg was out for a couple of weeks, Schweinsteiger and Martinez basically haven't been properly fit all season and of course Badstuber has been injured for over a year now.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Dunban posted:

Nope.
Götze went into the season with an injury he carried over from Dortmund and was out for months, Thiago was out for 3 months, Shaqiri and Pizarro for 2 months, Robben has been injured since December, Höjbjerg was out for a couple of weeks, Schweinsteiger and Martinez basically haven't been properly fit all season and of course Badstuber has been injured for over a year now.

Even Lahm was out for a bit, which I'm pretty sure is one of the signs of the apocalypse

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
However, Bayern have enough really good players in the second row. What people really should say is "Imagine Bayern having to play with Manuel Friedrich and Erik Durm in the defense and no defensive midfielder except Sahin" and so on. The whole comparison boils down to a question of money and long term success and tactical flexibility, which Bayern just have much more than Dortmund and therefore the injury woes have a much bigger influence on Dortmunds performance.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

sicDaniel posted:

However, Bayern have enough really good players in the second row. What people really should say is "Imagine Bayern having to play with Manuel Friedrich and Erik Durm in the defense and no defensive midfielder except Sahin" and so on. The whole comparison boils down to a question of money and long term success and tactical flexibility, which Bayern just have much more than Dortmund and therefore the injury woes have a much bigger influence on Dortmunds performance.

Exactly. Bayern's bench is better than the bottom half of the league's starters. That's upsetting.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

nippythefish posted:

Exactly. Bayern's bench is better than the bottom half of the league's starters. That's upsetting.

Don't worry, all the Bayern supporters will be here soon enough to tell you why everything is perfectly fine in the league and to harden the gently caress up and deal with it.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Well, Dortmund had the cash to improve their bench..but instead they bought the lovely Armenian and Manuel loving Friedrich.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

oh em gee bee ess posted:

Don't worry, all the Bayern supporters will be here soon enough to tell you why everything is perfectly fine in the league and to harden the gently caress up and deal with it.

Dunban posted:

Well, Dortmund had the cash to improve their bench..but instead they bought the lovely Armenian and Manuel loving Friedrich.

Seems like someone predicted the Bayern response quite accurately. It is of course ridiculous to suggest that Bayern and Dormund are/were on an equal level financially.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Bayern are breaking the league atm and I hate it.
I love a good competitive league, it keeps me emotionally invested.

That's why I am not happy about Götze and Lewandowski joining us.
Weakening Dortmund made this season into an SPL travesty and it's honest to good boring.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Bayern are breaking the league atm and I hate it.
I love a good competitive league, it keeps me emotionally invested.

That's why I am not happy about Götze and Lewandowski joining us.
Weakening Dortmund made this season into an SPL travesty and it's honest to good boring.

A respectable stance. I like you.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

gently caress the poors imo.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I mean yes, Dortmund could have invested the Götze money better or have spent more in the summer, but I guess they are still remembering the times they almost went bankrupt and try to spend wisely.

Everybody knew they were going to lose Lewa to Bayern, it was the single most ridiculously obvious transfer ever, so at least fleece some money out of them in the summer or winter instead of letting him go for free and having to up his wages to keep him motivated.

At least Leverkusen looks like they can somehow remotely compete if we ignore the last couple of matches ;)

Guess we will see Wolfsburgs rise next year, they got a real good mixture with Allofs and Hecking than can bring stability and success to the club especially with the financial backing of VW.

But gently caress Wolfsburg.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
It's not like we're completely invincible or whatever. We nearly lost against Stuttgart for gently caress's sake. Our toughest game of the season so far was against Hertha - if a team that was just promoted can give us that much trouble then every single club in the Bundesliga can. I'm not sure why it's supposed to be Bayern's responsibility to keep the league fair or whatever. I mean, what are we supposed to do? Intentionally play worse? Not sign the players we need to sign and are able to get?
It's up to the rest of the league to step up their game and stop loving around.

Johnny Lawrence
May 15, 2013
The Game is the Game. Lewandowski and Goetze would not have stayed at Dortmund, Bayern or not. At least they still playing in Bundesliga. I can understand, the point of view of Wazke, this must be frustrating but, yeah no one is crying when Dortmund has taken Reus from Monchenglabach or next year when they will sign Ramos from Berlin.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dunban posted:

It's up to the rest of the league to step up their game and stop loving around.

This is so goddamn true.

There's no excuse if teams like Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen and Wolfsburg with their experience and financial capabilities spend money on subpar players, failing horribly internationally all the time and don't even give Bayern a proper run for their money.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Für eure scheiß Spannung seid ihr doch selbst verantwortlich" was the best thing I read on Twitter all season. If, for example, we hadn't lost three games in a row against poo poo teams, there would only be four points between us and Bayern. If Stuttgart hadn't hosed around in the 93rd minute last week, etcetc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Is Wolfburgs transfer strategy still to buy a ton of unknown players who happens to have a good youtube compilation?

• Locked thread