Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So will the Raiders draft Usain Bolt or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Close. But he transferred from Oregon :-)

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Gatts posted:

The Lions will, they want the fastest men from all sports.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Gatts posted:

Al Davis is dead, dude

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

he's going to get so broken in the NFL

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

he's going to get so broken in the NFL

Yeah, but his combined highlight reel of the 6 career games when he's healthy is gonna be cooler than most players could hope for with a decades worth of work.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Volkerball posted:

Yeah, but his combined highlight reel of the 6 career games when he's healthy is gonna be cooler than most players could hope for with a decades worth of work.

So Darren McFadden 2.0?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

So Darren McFadden 2.0?

Lol De'anthony Thomas trying to power out of an NFL tackle. More like Dante Hall except they'll be scraping him off the turf more often in today's league.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Blitz7x posted:

Al Davis is dead, dude

But his spirit lives on...am i rite?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I was talking about seastrunk who should be a top 15 pick but might be available in the bottom of the 2nd round

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Do running backs do the gauntlet drill at the combine? Be interesting to see Seastrunk there since Baylor basically never asked him to catch a pass.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Gauntlet drill owns. Everyone should have to do it.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Starting to work on the next thread iteration; is there anything specific we want to include? Anyone want to contribute anything?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

bewbies posted:

Starting to work on the next thread iteration; is there anything specific we want to include? Anyone want to contribute anything?

be sure to include a link to the google doc

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

Do running backs do the gauntlet drill at the combine? Be interesting to see Seastrunk there since Baylor basically never asked him to catch a pass.

With the receiver corps they had why bother

He's amazing though. His vision and burst is just incredible. If he's there at #50 Miami has to get him and say goodbye to the daniel thomas experience.

Although they'd likely go for the auburn running back as he's more of a "get me three yards and a first down"

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Gatts posted:

But his spirit lives on...am i rite?

The only true Al Davis speedster WR the Raiders still have on their roster is Jacoby Ford and there's a good chance he won't even be resigned.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Did he declare for the draft? When did this happen?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

AAA DOLFAN posted:

With the receiver corps they had why bother

He's amazing though. His vision and burst is just incredible. If he's there at #50 Miami has to get him and say goodbye to the daniel thomas experience.

Although they'd likely go for the auburn running back as he's more of a "get me three yards and a first down"

He's also a pretty good choice although I assume Philbin is in love with power run + WCO schemes and will never let Mason run outside

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There's no point drafting anyone I like because philbin is an idiot and likely fired at the end of the season

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Seastrunk looked like a capable pass blocker which is more important than being able to catch out of the backfield. He looks hesitant to chip sometimes but I chalk that up to his leg injury.

Tre Mason is a dude that I'm in love with and Ka'Deem Carey is no slouch even if he was run into the ground at Arizona.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Mason is someone I expect Miami to target due to his style. I love seastrunk tho my god he's slippery

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Football+Mason in the first for the Browns almost seems like fate.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.

Blitz7x posted:

Al Davis is dead, dude

We'll see if you still believe that after they draft Logan Thomas with their first pick of the draft.:twisted:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Been sick, and watching college games on Noonkick was obviously the best use of my time.

Have built a serious draft crush for RB Devonta Freeman and WR Martavis Bryant. Bryant would be a perfect no.2 WR for the 49ers. He looks faster in games than he seems to get credit for, has good hands and is a willing (though not great) blocker. I could see him filling the Randy Moss role from his time in SF (deep routes/decoy) and appears to be a great end zone target. His experience at Clemson would translate almost perfectly to the Niners' offense.

Freeman as a complementary back for Lattimore gives me chills (and not just from the fever). Love his feet, and a great pass protector.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I wish the Cowboys would do something awesome like move up and get Clowney. Maybe trade their next year's first and third, and this year's third?
They'd still be able to get a safety in the second and draft for LB depth with the 4th & 5th.

Our biggest needs are a pass rusher and a cover safety so we'd be okay.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

The Cowboys biggest problems (besides coaching/front office/ownership/kill me) are a lack of depth pretty much everywhere and no cap space so what the hell let's just throw away the opportunity to get better for cheap at more than like 2 spots for the next couple of years

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

John Brown posted:

I wish the Cowboys would do something awesome like move up and get Clowney. Maybe trade their next year's first and third, and this year's third?
They'd still be able to get a safety in the second and draft for LB depth with the 4th & 5th.

Our biggest needs are a pass rusher and a cover safety so we'd be okay.

Yeah that would be a bad idea. Total Jerry move. Also unless there's an awesome safety in the first and all the defensive linemen are taken, I don't think they should draft one. Wilcox was a third-rounder last year and it's too soon to give up on him; drafting a safety in the second round is basically acknowledging you threw away a 3rd last year and it's doubtful that the rookie safety you draft is going to be a huge improvement over Wilcox.

Like Rasczak said, Dallas is so thin everywhere but TE that trading up is probably a terrible idea. They already made that mistake with Claiborne, passing up the opportunity to draft Michael Brockers and Bobby Wagner (who both would be loving awesome right now). They should trade down if anything.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

DupaDupa posted:

McCarron seems like McCown 2.0 so I'm super ok with the Bears picking him up on the 3rd Day.

I don't know if McCarron's the guy I'd want, but I'd definitely like to see Trestman develop a QB behind Cutler. A third-day pick would be totally OK by me. They just need to go defense early and often.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Parmesan Basil posted:

Football+Mason in the first for the Browns almost seems like fate.

You are assuming they won't trade both first round picks to move up two spots to grab Manziel. They will probably do this.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I was catching up on Rotoworld and found this amusing:

quote:

Jaguars owner Shad Khan confirmed the team will be selecting a quarterback in May's draft.
"Everybody knows we're going to draft a quarterback - maybe two," Khan said. The double dip approach has been used in previous years, notably with the Washington Redskins (Robert Griffin III and Kirk Cousins) and the Carolina Panthers (Jimmy Clausen and Tony Pike). The only question is how early the Jaguars will be selecting their passer.

I had no clue Tony Pike even got drafted. Did he even make the team out of camp?

That sure was a draft for the Panthers.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
It looks like the Georgia player the Bengals may be targeting this year is Aaron Murray. Thoughts on him?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Atticus Finch posted:

It looks like the Georgia player the Bengals may be targeting this year is Aaron Murray. Thoughts on him?

Better than McCarron

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Benne posted:

I was catching up on Rotoworld and found this amusing:

I had no clue Tony Pike even got drafted. Did he even make the team out of camp?

That sure was a draft for the Panthers.

Yeah, he actually played in a game, iirc.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

defiantgiant posted:

I don't know if McCarron's the guy I'd want, but I'd definitely like to see Trestman develop a QB behind Cutler. A third-day pick would be totally OK by me. They just need to go defense early and often.

Yeah, if we are picking a Trestman groomed, future starter outside of the first, I want Jimmy, Murray, or Mettenburger. Particularly Jimmy. I really only like McCarron as an alternative to giving McCown money.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
While I was amazed with LSU's receivers this year I have no idea why people think Mettenburger's so good compared to Murray or McCarron.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Raku posted:

While I was amazed with LSU's receivers this year I have no idea why people think Mettenburger's so good compared to Murray or McCarron.

His tape shows really good ball placement and he throws receivers open, plus he has the 1st/2nd-best arm in the class; I'd say Murray is up there with him as a prospect, Mettenberger just has that prototypical size compared to Murray, who has better production.

EDIT: And receivers don't just make catches in a vacuum, either.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

DupaDupa posted:

Yeah, if we are picking a Trestman groomed, future starter outside of the first, I want Jimmy, Murray, or Mettenburger. Particularly Jimmy. I really only like McCarron as an alternative to giving McCown money.

Yeah, I would love to get Garoppolo, he seems like Trestman's ideal QB. I have a feeling he's probably going to work his way into the 2nd by the time it's all said and done, though.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

defiantgiant posted:

Yeah, I would love to get Garoppolo, he seems like Trestman's ideal QB. I have a feeling he's probably going to work his way into the 2nd by the time it's all said and done, though.

I'd still be super ok with spending only a second on a future QB and going defense the rest of the way. :shobon:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I've seen a few Scouts compare Mettenberger to Cutler in playstyle and personality; I'd pay to see that buddy cop movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What's the general consensus on Dion Bailey? It seemed like he was number 2 Safety prospect early on but I've seen very little talk about him since January began. Any hope he falls to the mid third?

• Locked thread