Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

S-Alpha posted:

Yesssss. :unsmigghh:

:swoon:

It looks like a forgotten alien device of unguessable configuration and cold, exquisite beauty

Or a christmas tree topper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

BlitzBlast posted:

Now that I think about it, I guess the best possible thing you could do with the Unicorn frame is make it so incredibly pretty you never want to touch it. Bam, stability issues gone.

Hope you guys enjoy nubs though, because review pictures already make it clear that Bandai did not randomly decide to completely remake the mold like that one Gundam Guy commenter is demanding they do.

Now let me tell you about what Mobile Suits should get Master Grades and Bandai is stupid for not listening to me:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

muike posted:

Now let me tell you about what Mobile Suits should get Master Grades and Bandai is stupid for not listening to me:

The answer to that is and will forever remain Advance of Zeta, because it's got the most retarded awesome MS designs. :colbert:

Someday I hope there's a knockoff/resin Gaplant Fiver in the vein of the Kshatriya. Or any of the Woundwort variants. They're the perfect amount of dumb excess.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

S-Alpha posted:

The answer to that is and will forever remain Advance of Zeta, because it's got the most retarded awesome MS designs. :colbert:

Someday I hope there's a knockoff/resin Gaplant Fiver in the vein of the Kshatriya. Or any of the Woundwort variants. They're the perfect amount of dumb excess.

Penelope.
I had the GFF of that on my desk for a year. You couldn't touch it or all the armor would come flying off. If I get it out of storage I'm going to suck it up and glue the bastard together.

I would pay... obscene amounts of money for a MG of that.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Psycho Gundam.

Also Quinn Mansa.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

muike posted:

Suiton... :argh:
That dude is everywhere.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Even the other snobs on the GundamGuy comments are sick of him. Also, RG Destiny, worthwhile buy? My HG is really starting to piss me off with its idiocy.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zedd posted:

Suiton... :argh:
That dude is everywhere.

I can't watch a Youtube Gunpla review video without seeing his stupid MG wishlist in every post he makes. He's basically Voldemort on Gundam Eclipse.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

TARDISman posted:

Also, RG Destiny, worthwhile buy? My HG is really starting to piss me off with its idiocy.

RG Destiny's about the same as any other SEED RG; solid kit, but very backheavy. Personally I'm not a fan of the proportions of the legs, but it's still miles better than both the NG and the MG design-wise. Wings of Light are a web-exclusive, but it includes an AB2 so that sort of works out.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Thanks, I was fine with the HG but the hands can't stay together to save their life and I'm trying to do a pose with the Arondight vs. Nu Gundam and the drat backs keep falling off.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's like a shiny golden god :allears:. Just remember; once the fingerprints start, they'll never stop.

"Shiny golden god" has been my go-to phrase to describe phenix in general also, it just describes it so well :allears:. And I'm planning on wearing gloves while building the thing because I'm not mad enough to try to clean the fingerprints off.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

What's the square yellow sticker(?) that comes with the action bases?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It's a label for the optional piece that can fit into one of the unused plug holes as a sign.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

muike posted:

It's a label for the optional piece that can fit into one of the unused plug holes as a sign.

Ah, good to know.

Any ways I finished the build strike... build. No panel lining yet since I'm waiting for my gundam markers to arrive and I accidentally destroyed my micron pen. I did paint the yellow bits on the shoulder instead of using stickers but I'm not really happy with the result.

Imgur Album with bonus Zaku Amazing

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hallo spacedog posted:

Penelope.
I had the GFF of that on my desk for a year. You couldn't touch it or all the armor would come flying off. If I get it out of storage I'm going to suck it up and glue the bastard together.

I would pay... obscene amounts of money for a MG of that.

There was a rumor that Elyn, the guys who did the plastic 1/100 Kshatriya, plan the Xi as their next release. I don't know how credible it is, but if true it may signal them as a source for ridiculously huge 1/100 MG-ish kits.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Midjack posted:

There was a rumor that Elyn, the guys who did the plastic 1/100 Kshatriya, plan the Xi as their next release. I don't know how credible it is, but if true it may signal them as a source for ridiculously huge 1/100 MG-ish kits.

Wasn't that the really, obscenely bad one, or am I thinking of something else? I hope not, because the Xi is amazing. (And so is the Penelope for that matter. :allears:)

Finally got my metal Sinanju decals, and drat these are pretty. I'm not sure if I'm gonna put them on before or after I apply the topcoat, I'll have to try one out to see if it looks like poo poo or not.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yeah, Elyn's doing Deep Striker next. Seems they're doing 1/100 G-System kits.

As for their quality, the Kshatriya doesn't compare to a MG quality-wise, and Elyn's QC wasn't all that great, but it was a good enough effort. Bandai's certainly never releasing MG Xi anytime soon anyways so they're all you got.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

That's awesome, and if they did make Xi Gundam I'd be so tempted to get it, even at those prices. The Kshatriya looks pretty drat decent.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh my God, a 1/100 Deep Striker. :swoon: If there's anything I like as much as Advance of Zeta, it's Sentinel, because drat those suits are cool. The Ex-S, Zeta Plus C1, and Gundam Mk V are all great.

I, too, would totally have to buy that, even if it ends up kinda shoddy.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Are there paints suitable for airbrushes that are a match for the Tamiya spray Italian Red and German Grey? I think the Tamiya X-7 Red matches the red, but I'm colour blind so I've no idea.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

EthanSteele posted:

Are there paints suitable for airbrushes that are a match for the Tamiya spray Italian Red and German Grey? I think the Tamiya X-7 Red matches the red, but I'm colour blind so I've no idea.

Tamiya makes a German Gray acrylic in little bottles that works fine in my brush.

You can also just decant the spray can and feed it into your airbrush if you want to use the exact same color. I've never tried but many people do it:

http://gamerabaenre.com/?page_id=1347

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

There'll be a HG... right? :smithicide:

Also the docked G-Falcon still looks ridiculous from a side angle.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

There'll be a HG... right? :smithicide:

Depending on how long Build Fighters goes, Mao could do something similar to this as an upgrade for his Gundam X...

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The 3.0 is panel line hell.

Special mention goes to those loving dots right underneath the white caps on the ankle flap. There are so god drat many of them, ugh.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

This is today's new display that I came home to this evening. I guess the mandarin is seasonal.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

hallo spacedog posted:

This is today's new display that I came home to this evening. I guess the mandarin is seasonal.

the one on the left has a really nice color scheme. Good job on the painting as well.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Monaghan posted:

the one on the left has a really nice color scheme. Good job on the painting as well.

Those are my husband's, but I will tell him you said that. I'm not nearly as good as him yet but learning.

He has done most of the HGUC Zeta suits. I need to get a new wall shelf to set them up now.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
He has fine taste in Asshimars

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So 8 hours after starting, I finished my MG GP-01. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I'm not tired, but that kit was pretty terrible.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'm kinda surprised we never got an HGUC Barzam and a little sad at the same time. I kinda dig its colors and overall design.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

:catstare:

That's an awful lot of decals, even by Katoki standards. Why even bother, too, since it'd just poo poo up and/or get lost in the glorious golden sheen of the kit.

drat, those look really good. I love the colors on that left one.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

S-Alpha posted:

That's an awful lot of decals, even by Katoki standards.

Don't forget the Phenex has two huge rear end Armed Armors on the back, each with as many stickers as your average MG. Throw in the Unicorn's normal sticker sheet, and yeah.

What I'm confused about is why they're still bright red. Red on white looked back enough on the Unicorn, but red on gold isn't much better

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

There's the finished GP-01FB. Definitely open to criticism.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
It looks pretty good for a kit that old. How's the poseability?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

The Muffinlord posted:

It looks pretty good for a kit that old. How's the poseability?

Poses well unless you want to hold a weapon or the shield. It doesn't have the grips for the hands so it's a pain.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

On the note of finished gunpla I just finished my Jesta Cannon

Imgur Album

The Gatling Gun came as part of the HG customize campaign, it's actually pegged in to the waist slot where one of the grenade holders normally attaches.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Hey, do any of you guys do anything special with the boxes and/or manuals? I always feel bad just tossing the boxes, especially if they have particularly good boxart.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You can fold up the boxes and set them aside, cut out the art and hang them up, or display the box right next to the model and store the accessories in it. I usually just toss my runners but I know a lot of people who save them for painting practice, use them as makeshift alligator clips, or construct things out of them.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
If I did that, my wife would scream. I think I'll use them to move my current gunpla in a month and a half when we vacate this high-rise, and then maybe make some kind of wall collage out of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Is there a chance that they'll do a MG for the Custom versions of the Wing units? Because I just finished that MG Heavyarms ver Ka and it is a beauty. I would love a Custom to place with it.

God drat you Build Fighters for getting me back into Gunpla. I might end up shelling out for that new MG Gundam X because it's pretty awesome looking.

• Locked thread