Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
Teaser for Captain America Super Bowl Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZquGybHre8
I really like Falcon's wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Today's biggest news about Superman/Batman is actually buried in the press release (oddly, Variety got this part wrong):

quote:

The new film is currently being written by Chris Terrio, from a screenplay by David S. Goyer.

Goyer's script was responsible for most of what I disliked about Man of Steel, so reducing him to a story credit can't be a bad thing.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

EDIT: Sorry I missed it earlier.

wedgie deliverer fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 31, 2014

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

i like tacos posted:

Teaser for Captain America Super Bowl Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZquGybHre8
I really like Falcon's wings.

So Cap 2 features Cap and Winter Soldier facing each other on a catwalk. Exactly the way Cap and Red Skull faced off in part one. And how Black Widow and Hawkeye faced off in Avengers. Cool.

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 31, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Happy Hippo posted:

So Cap 2 features Cap and Winter Soldier facing each other on a catwalk. Exactly the way Cap and Red Skull faced off in part one. And how Black Widow and Hawkeye faced off in Avengers. Cool.

So he's gonna snap Bucky out of it by whacking him on the head really hard?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

So he's gonna snap Bucky out of it by whacking him on the head really hard?

No rip off his arm and beat him with it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

No rip off his arm and beat him with it.

Is he going to cry while he beats up an amputee?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Dan Didio posted:

There's an ongoing competition on Marvel's Australian and New Zealand facebook page to choose the most important Australian/NZ pop song, with a chance of it being put into the film.

There's a similar type of contest on the Radio Times to decide what TV programs Cap decides he needs to catch up on.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-01-30/vote-for-your-favourite-british-tv-show-to-appear-in-captain-america-sequel-the-winter-soldier

And frankly I think that's a contest to get people involved in the movie.
For those of you worried about the choice, currently it's Dr. Who, Sherlock and Father Ted in the lead. My soul would wither and die if something like X-Factor or Big Brother won as that would make Sally Floyd Right.

As for the news about Eisenberg being cast I initially thought it was a joke/really well done parody, but I've decided it's not bad. He could work.
He plays smug amazingly well. And he's got this face that I would so want Superman to completely smash in, but know that if he did that, the world would just turn against him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Clearly needs to be Doctor Who. Cap can start from the '60s and ease himself into the new millenium. :colbert:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
edit: Oops. Saw it says British. In that case it should be Blackadder.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Madkal posted:

edit: Oops. Saw it says British. In that case it should be Blackadder.

He might feel like Goes Forth is a bit tasteless.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Madkal posted:

edit: Oops. Saw it says British. In that case Blackadder.

gently caress that, we've already got Father Ted the top 3. Steve Rogers deserves to know about The Beast of Craggy Island. I mean, they say it's as big as four cats!

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

The Question IRL posted:

There's a similar type of contest on the Radio Times to decide what TV programs Cap decides he needs to catch up on.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-01-30/vote-for-your-favourite-british-tv-show-to-appear-in-captain-america-sequel-the-winter-soldier

For those of you worried about the choice, currently it's Dr. Who, Sherlock and Father Ted in the lead. My soul would wither and die if something like X-Factor or Big Brother won as that would make Sally Floyd Right.

As for the news about Eisenberg being cast I initially thought it was a joke/really well done parody, but I've decided it's not bad. He could work.
He plays smug amazingly well. And he's got this face that I would so want Superman to completely smash in, but know that if he did that, the world would just turn against him.

Cap was unfrozen a few years ago. He wouldn't need to catch up on Sherlock cos it wouldn't be out yet/would be coming out when he's already unfrozen :shepface:

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

HOLY poo poo, JESSE EISENBERG. The casting for Superman/Batman keeps getting better and better, TBH. I am FREAKING THE gently caress OUT.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

Should have been Downton Abbey, he could relate to Lord Crowley and Mr. Carson.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Question IRL posted:

For those of you worried about the choice, currently it's Dr. Who, Sherlock and Father Ted in the lead.

Oh god, an internet poll was such a terrible loving idea

"OK, you're a World War 2 hero super soldier superhero who just saved the world from Norwegian Hitler. Now watch this lovely children's program for adult nerds"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gaz-L posted:

He might feel like Goes Forth is a bit tasteless.

At the end of the movie he'll take his mask off and reveal he was Michael Gove all along.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

boom boom boom posted:

Oh god, an internet poll was such a terrible loving idea

"OK, you're a World War 2 hero super soldier superhero who just saved the world from Norwegian Hitler. Now watch this lovely children's program for adult nerds"

What's the alternative?

Nick Fury: Okay Steve, I know you are feeling depressed and potentially tramatized at how everyone you know is dead and you've been going from fight to super powered fight in a war like scenario non-stop for years. And the entire cultural landscape has moved past you to such an extent that everything about this world seems strange and unfamiliar to you and you have a major sense of disconnection. But I really think you are going to love The Wire.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like the idea of people asking if Cap has caught up with the latest season of any TV show.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Codependent Poster posted:

I like the idea of people asking if Cap has caught up with the latest season of any TV show.

"DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE INTERNET IS, CAPTAIN AMERICA?! DO YOU EVEN KNOW ABOUT JUSTIN BEIEBER? YOU ARE OUT OF TOUCH!"

*shudder* gives me flashbacks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So is Winter Soldier doing something like Planes and localizing some stuff? Or does everyone have to see a terrible British show and awful Aussie music?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I would not be surprised if Steve really got into the Simpsons.

Reminds me of that old tumblr, memos from Nick Fury

"'Because Captain Rogers didn't get the reference' is not a valid excuse to hold movie night"

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Has anyone done Steve's take on the view of WW2 today? Does capt America like Band of Brothers?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

StumblyWumbly posted:

Does capt America like Band of Brothers?

He probably sits around while others watch it in Avengers Tower/the SHIELD break room/etc. and makes snide comments about how historically inaccurate it is.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

StumblyWumbly posted:

Has anyone done Steve's take on the view of WW2 today? Does capt America like Band of Brothers?
"drat Dum Dum's grandson looks just like him!"

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The good, the bad and the ugly.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Outside of that really bad drawing, the Turtle designs look pretty decent. I like individualizing them with different clothes and sizes, too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TwoPair posted:

He probably sits around while others watch it in Avengers Tower/the SHIELD break room/etc. and makes snide comments about how historically inaccurate it is.

I want him to watch Inglorious Basterds. And play Wolfenstein 3D, but that would probably be somewhat accurate to the WW2 he was involved in.

Action figures? I'm liking these designs even more now.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
I really like Raphael's redesign, but I really hate Michelangelo's. It's too busy. Boardshorts, hoodie loincloth, necklace and and sunglasses overlapping he's just got loads of poo poo hanging off him. I just notices donatello ties his bandana into a scarf, I like that tho

Bulging Nipples fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 1, 2014

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bulging Nipples posted:

I really like Raphael's redesign, but I really hate Michelangelo's. It's too busy

I kinda think that fits Mikey's character though.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I love Don's look except for that promo poster where he's wearing stereotypical nerd glasses with tape in the middle. Having him covered in tech gadgets is a cool idea I've seen done in a lot of fanart.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

I kinda think that fits Mikey's character though.

I think the idea is he's trying to be the most 'human' of the four, hence all the normal clothing he's got, the shorts, sneakers, hoodie.

Don't get your hopes up, though, guys. The toys for the Bay Transformers movies were often pretty cool too, and we all know where that led.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

The MSJ posted:

I want him to watch Inglorious Basterds.

Then tell him that's how it really happened.

Though that's getting into fanfic territory, which no one should ever do.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Back to Tatum-chat. I would not like him wasted in Fox movies, but if he was doing X-Men, neither Gambit or Colossus are funny enough for him. He must play Rockslide. Jonah Hill can be Anole.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Ralph looks like he needs to pee.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That looks bad but not enough to make me upset or anything.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I could see Steve Rogers digging Total Wipeout.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There is a five minute scene of Steve Rogers asking Nick Fury how he can download more episodes of High School DxD, and explaining the show's premise and characters in detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

greatn posted:

There is a five minute scene of Steve Rogers asking Nick Fury how he can download more episodes of High School DxD, and explaining the show's premise and characters in detail.

"Those Japs sure know how to make a good cartoon"

Yea I feel dirty now

• Locked thread