Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Only on mobile, so my report will suck, but JWP show was fun. I have no idea what the plots or promos were, but it was fun, the two biggest matches were really good. Sadly my favourites for those matches lost, with both ray and Leon, as well as Kana losing.

Krazy Klown Kana is great, the main event brawling and grappling was a wonderful change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I couldn't find the official footage, but Dory's wife Marti filmed the Funks' AJPW return match vs Masanobu Fuchi & Osamu Nishimura and uploaded it to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccx0fdo_JBI

I was really loving confused at first why Chono's music hit after Fuchi and Nishimura's entrance.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Illinois Smith posted:

KENTA & Sugiura vs Nagata & Sekimoto from Korakuen showed up in my Youtube feed yesterday. If you watch only one NOAH match this year you should probably make it this one.

Nagata in NOAH is a thing. He gets booed and flipped off by fans.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Morishima beat KENTA for the GHC title at Korakuen Hall.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I wonder if that was the plan or if it was just because KENTA is hurt?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KENTA had the title longer than I thought. What defenses of his are really worth checking out? I haven't seen a lot of current puro outside of NJPW.

Which reminded me that I hadn't seen the Taue retirement show yet, and I was able to find it by searching on Youtube.

Taue Retirement Ceremony

Taue, Morishima, Sugiura & Hirayanagi vs Tenryu, Fujinami, Inoue & Shiga

Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask vs. Zack Sabre Jr. & Yoshinari Ogawa for the GHC jr tag titles

KENTA vs Yuji Nagata for the GHC heavyweight championship

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Looking for an old match. Hoping someone here can help me.

I am trying to find a match that involves the Steiners and I believe Muto & somebody else. Think that somebody else is either Hase or Sasaki.

The match in question involves a spot where Muto and his partner do the steiner run around the ring and crawl through the legs pose. Does anybody recall this?

I first saw it on the NJPW Youtube but they have since either deleted it or set it to private.

I remember thinking the Steiners were beating the piss out of Muto/Partner. Winner was ~~~~~~Steiner Bros.~~~~~~

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

HulkaMatt posted:

Looking for an old match. Hoping someone here can help me.

I am trying to find a match that involves the Steiners and I believe Muto & somebody else. Think that somebody else is either Hase or Sasaki.

The match in question involves a spot where Muto and his partner do the steiner run around the ring and crawl through the legs pose. Does anybody recall this?

I first saw it on the NJPW Youtube but they have since either deleted it or set it to private.

I remember thinking the Steiners were beating the piss out of Muto/Partner. Winner was ~~~~~~Steiner Bros.~~~~~~

I believe that's their 8/12/92 match for the IWGP tag titles. Here is a video of it.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Solomonic posted:

I believe that's their 8/12/92 match for the IWGP tag titles. Here is a video of it.

You're a champion. Wish they got a better camera shot but it's as great as I remember.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

HulkaMatt posted:

You're a champion. Wish they got a better camera shot but it's as great as I remember.

Scott was so good before steroids. :(

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Both of them were loving phenomenal. My overriding memory of them as a team is at WM9, when Rick counters a Doomsday Device into a bodyslam from Fatu's shoulders on Samu. It looked amazing when I first saw it and now I just can't watch it without thinking "How the gently caress did no-one get injured from that incredible clusterfuck".

But yeah, gonna check out that match because Steiners in Japan instantly means good match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aubergine Mage posted:

Scott was so good before steroids. :(

So in high school?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Apparently DDT Pro has signed a deal with a TCG company and they're making "Moe" versions of the roster. The rest of the news and more pics are here:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2014/01/29/ddt-pro-wrestlers-submit-to-ring-dream-moefication/

(Site might not be SFW sometimes)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

So, how bad is NOAH going to be hosed if KENTA goes to WWE as reported?

I only watch occasional matches from them, but it would be nice if one of the majors aside from NJPW could do alright.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

Apparently DDT Pro has signed a deal with a TCG company and they're making "Moe" versions of the roster. The rest of the news and more pics are here:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2014/01/29/ddt-pro-wrestlers-submit-to-ring-dream-moefication/

(Site might not be SFW sometimes)

Nope, this ain't happening.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thauros posted:

I only watch occasional matches from them, but it would be nice if one of the majors aside from NJPW could do alright.

They have Marufuji(sometimes) and current champ Morishima. Maybe Zombie Misawa if they get that money back from the Yakuza.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

John Cena posted:

Nope, this ain't happening.
Can't stop the moe train

http://swninfo.success-corp.co.jp/general/ringdream/ddt/

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thauros posted:

I think Japan could survive well with one big company and a bunch of local indies (and maybe like Dragon Gate still going around doing what they do). There's not enough TV time for puro now (guess Japan needs more awful dramas, replays of two-year-old western movies and food tourism shows instead), there's not enough interest in puro for two big companies, and I'm not sure that will change -- not enough spending money in the populous to go around sadly.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Speaking of companies that are probably on the way out, it looks like Osaka Pro's close to done. They had a mass exodus of talent last year (basically everyone involved with JOKER except for like Quiet Storm and Ultimate Spider, Jr., Daisuke Harada getting signed to Noah, Kuishinbo Kamen going part time) and now they've moved out of their main venue, are probably dropping the weekday shows and potentially going to a tour system in the next few months.

Sucks because I really enjoyed what I watched of them.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
That sucks. I always thought they were pretty much invincible with the way they had their venue and schedule set up, plus from what I read in gordi's trip reports on DVDR their fanbase was super enthusiastic and loyal with the wrestlers doing tons of local PR.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Suben posted:

Speaking of companies that are probably on the way out, it looks like Osaka Pro's close to done. They had a mass exodus of talent last year (basically everyone involved with JOKER except for like Quiet Storm and Ultimate Spider, Jr., Daisuke Harada getting signed to Noah, Kuishinbo Kamen going part time) and now they've moved out of their main venue, are probably dropping the weekday shows and potentially going to a tour system in the next few months.

Osaka Pro was an influence on Chikara and PWG, and as much as some folks hate Chikara around here, I think managing to influence two well known American indies is a pretty cool legacy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Osaka Pro is really rad but I loved their offshoot Okinawa Pro. What little I've caught of them was pure japan.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

So, they are making a moe girl version of Michael Nakazawa, a wrestler known for covering himself in massive amounts of oil? I think I've seen enough hentai to know where that is going, and I'm scared :ohdear: .

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Germansimp posted:

So, they are making a moe girl version of Michael Nakazawa, a wrestler known for covering himself in massive amounts of oil? I think I've seen enough hentai to know where that is going, and I'm scared :ohdear: .

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
If there's one trait about Nakazawa, it's that his legs are 2/3rds the total length of his body.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

dave melter the melty man posted:

TNA announced a joint PPV that will be taped on 3/2 at Sumo Hall in Tokyo working with the Wrestle-One promotion on a One Night Stand show that would air later this year.

There will be 11 TNA wrestlers sent to the show, which would be a TNA vs. Wrestle-One theme with mainly interpromotional matches. Scheduled to be sent are Magnus, Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, Gail Kim, Austin Aries, Abyss, Frankie Kazarian, Christopher Daniels, Madison Rayne, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards.

In exchange, Keiji Muto, as The Great Muta, and Seiya Sanada will be working Lockdown on 3/9 in Coral Gables, FL.

The ironic part of this deal is that the original conduit of the deal was Jeff Jarrett, who worked for Wrestle-One on one of the company's first shows.

Besides Muto, Wrestle-One features a number of name wrestlers including Hall of Famer Masakatsu Funaki, former WCW wrestler Kaz Hayashi, as well as Shuji Kondo, Koji Kanemoto and Minoru Tanaka. They also regularly use stars from other promotions on their shows.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hahahahaha remember when TNA had access to Jushin Liger, Tanahashi, and actually owned Okada under contract? What a bunch of idiots.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Flameingblack posted:

Hahahahaha remember when TNA had access to Jushin Liger, Tanahashi, and actually owned Okada under contract? What a bunch of idiots.

I remember when they put at-the-time IWGP Heavyweight Champion Shinsuke Nakamura on Xplosion with Elix Skipper.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I thought it was Tanahashi that ended up on Xplosion.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Nah, it was Nakamura

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Tanahashi vs. Roddy was on Xplosion.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

At least Tanahashi and Liger made it to PPVs, and they had one decent match each. Tana wrestled against AJ Styles while Liger wrestled Samoa Joe. Okada just went to TNA, stole Pope's gimmick and made it 10000 better and became the Rainmaker.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

Tanahashi vs. Roddy was on Xplosion.

Meanwhile that would be a main event at a ROH show (and may actually happen in the near future).

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

Suben posted:

This is a good English-language site for Osaka Pro coverage: http://www.osakahurricane.com/

Yeah, looks like in the spring they will be running 1-2 times a month without a permanent home. Not clear how sustainable that is.

I always liked the concept of a family friendly, comedy-oriented promotion with a strong local presence, so if this really is the beginning of the end, that's sad.

EDIT: I also think the CHIKARA comparison is apt, although (if I have my facts straight) CHIKARA was started because Quackenbush needed a promotion to showcase the wrestlers he was training, whereas Osaka Pro came from Super Delfin leaving Michinoku Pro with some of his buddies (over disagreement with Sasuke, which I have never read the details of). Also, I think Osaka Pro endured at least one prior mass exodus of talent back in 2005 (when Big Boss MA-G-MA and Gamma both jumped ship and ended up in Dragon Gate) so it's not like this is the first time this has happened.

Panama Red fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 31, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Flameingblack posted:

At least Tanahashi and Liger made it to PPVs, and they had one decent match each. Tana wrestled against AJ Styles while Liger wrestled Samoa Joe. Okada just went to TNA, stole Pope's gimmick and made it 10000 better and became the Rainmaker.

Liger's match with Joe got cut down to nothing, although he had a pretty good match the next year at Lockdown.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Liger's match with Joe got cut down to nothing, although he had a pretty good match the next year at Lockdown.

I thought he canceled the match on Lockdown when he found out it was a cage and they brought in Low Ki as a replacement?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

John Cena posted:

I thought he canceled the match on Lockdown when he found out it was a cage and they brought in Low Ki as a replacement?

I think it was actually a double booking, but yeah I guess he didn't. So yeah Liger's TNA match was about 8 minutes due to Nash having a heart attack/not wanting to job to Jarrett again.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Just a reminder that on this day in history 11 years ago, a ladder won the DDT Iron Man Heavymetalweight Championship by pinning Yoshito Sasaki.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It was actually Yoshihiro Sakai, aka. Muscle Sakai.

Yoshihito Sasaki would never tolerate such foolishness :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Wikipedia just gave me the Lex Luger treatment.