Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What the gently caress does any of this have to do with Forest Whitaker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

RandomFerret posted:

I was trying to figure that out as well. I don't see him anywhere in that image, and it's pretty lovely to blame him for losing a ring.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Krinkle posted:

If you're going to post a thing I can watch 30 times and still not understand can you at least tell me what the deal is? Did a ghost dog brush by his leg and everyone is shocked at a ghost dog?

Ok, let me explain, imagine a really fast-paced version of The Lord of the Rings, except instead of a volcano it's a river.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

The man has a thing in his hands then then man drops the thing, and the thing falls into the water. The people are upset by this because they didnt want the thing in the water. The man dropping the thing which fell into the water was an accident.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Cismans Burden posted:

The man dropping the thing which fell into the water was an accident.

How can you infer whether or not the man was conceived accidentally from that gif?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

RandomFerret posted:

If you're going to post a thing I can watch 30 times and still not understand can you at least tell me what the deal is? Are those funny looking cats? Whats all that green stuff in the background?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The white dog is getting married, the brown dog dropped the ring so she jumped out of the car to help look for it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
But then who was phone?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Everyone freezing is the best part.

This happening might be worse though.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

But then who was phone?

You never had phone.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
How is babby formed

snortpocket posted:

Got hit and screwed over

Schadenfreude in thread form
"congratulations op, you are a deer"

I'm cracking up in my office because of the last page or so, you guys. What have you done to me?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Mathhole posted:

$1000. He got off easy. One night's stay in the hospital costs you like $8k. :911:

Well yeah. If you're night's stay included a transplant or something.

Not a big transplant mind you. Maybe only part of a liver instead of the whole thing.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I didn't recognize it as a wedding I was looking for SOME THING to exist that would make him alarmed but you can't see a ring you can only infer it must be there after realizing it's a wedding. I was so focused on the nothing that was there I didn't see the veil. SorrY!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Krinkle posted:

I didn't recognize it as a wedding I was looking for SOME THING to exist that would make him alarmed but you can't see a ring you can only infer it must be there after realizing it's a wedding. I was so focused on the nothing that was there I didn't see the veil. SorrY!

You're absolutely right, it could have been any other type of occasion with a woman in white with a veil in her hair stand in front of a guy in a suit next to another guy in a suit.

I mean just the other day, I'm walking down the street and I'm like "Oh hey, congratulation on your wedding!" and it turned out it was a drug bust, wow was my face red.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I've been to one wedding ever and it wasn't on a loving bridge. That's a non traditional wedding dress. I just woke up. The sun was in my eyes. I'm not even supposed to be here today. Blah blah blah blah blah.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Krinkle posted:

And after looking for nothing 30 times you decided to be snarky instead of watching any of the somethings that could've tipped you off?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Krinkle posted:

I've been to one wedding ever and it wasn't on a loving bridge. That's a non traditional wedding dress. I just woke up. The sun was in my eyes. I'm not even supposed to be here today. Blah blah blah blah blah.

I got distracted by my ghost dog.

RIP, little dude :smith:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Perry Bible Fellowship all over again.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Krispy Kareem posted:

Well yeah. If you're night's stay included a transplant or something.

Not a big transplant mind you. Maybe only part of a liver instead of the whole thing.

Nope. You might only pay your deductible/annual out of pocket maximum for it, but the cost billed to your health insurance will be $10k or more if you're just admitted for observation with no advanced testing or care. Health care costs in the US are nuts.

e:According to the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)' Transplant Living Web site, the estimated U.S. average in 2011 of billed charges per liver transplant is $577,100.

NeurosisHead has a new favorite as of 23:02 on Jan 31, 2014

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

PainterofCrap posted:

By the number of deaths, I'm guessing they dragged out some ancient kerosene unit with an ossified wick & fired it up, and slept their way to eternity on CO.

This is how "Fan Death" started in Korea. Just after the war the country looked like a moonscape and wood was in short supply for heating, plus the infrastructure in the cities was destroyed so they started using kerosene and charcoal heaters indoors. People would die from carbon monoxide poisoning and the older people just began to associate "small appliance used for climate control" with dieing in your sleep. When fans became a thing, the parents and grandparents would say, "don't leave it on over night or you'll die". So when someone would die in the past few decades from carbon monoxide poisoning from faulty heating units, gas leaks from stoves, or offgassing from cheap building supplies and there was a running fan in the apartment, the legend lived on.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

NeurosisHead posted:

Nope. You might only pay your deductible/annual out of pocket maximum for it, but the cost billed to your health insurance will be $10k or more if you're just admitted for observation with no advanced testing or care. Health care costs in the US are nuts.

e:According to the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)' Transplant Living Web site, the estimated U.S. average in 2011 of billed charges per liver transplant is $577,100.

I was being more sarcastic about the cost of a nightly hospital room than serious about transplant costs.

I was helping my grandmother go through her medical bills and the amount billed versus total paid is crazy. $1200 ER bill? Medicare paid $100. So you could probably negotiate that liver transplant down to $200,000 easy. Medical schadenfreude!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Hey, that accident has its own thread already.

Pierzak has a new favorite as of 00:51 on Feb 1, 2014

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

RandomFerret posted:

Goddamn dogs are such stupid loving animals.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea but that second or so before he hit the ground rolling was the most amazing, awesome, best second of his life EVER.

Till he found a stick.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Frostwerks posted:

Let's be honest, we don't expect a lot from dogs, but compared to some humans they're loving geniuses.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Even the other dog looks back thinking "You dumb motherfucker."

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Frostwerks posted:

Hey he/she hit and rolled, which he/she did by instinct. Humans have to be taught that poo poo!

The Southern Dandy has a new favorite as of 02:41 on Feb 1, 2014

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

The Southern Dandy posted:

Hey he/she hit and rolled, which he did by instinct. Humans have to be taught that poo poo!

Pretty certain momentum took care of that bit. Not some inherent dog kung fu.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The dog knew that its momentum was carrying him 40mph and the ground was going by at 40mph so he solved for X and out the window he went.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Wasn't there an entire "animals being jerks" thread a while ago? There's definitely enough material for it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Decrepus posted:

The dog knew that its momentum was carrying him 40mph and the ground was going by at 40mph so he solved for X and out the window he went.

Not only a genius dog, but there is also the world's fastest dog in the .gif as well!

e: Maybe not the fastest but close!

Drunk Driver Dad has a new favorite as of 03:50 on Feb 1, 2014

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Midjack posted:

From a superficial reading of the situation they probably both deserve what they have. Really if you care that much you don't yell at the kid, you just unplug the box.

This.

When my kids eventually get video game consoles they will have the intrinsic understanding that disobedience involving the consoles will eventually lead to youtube videos of me taking them to donate their consoles.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Just in case you were wondering if that can actually happen.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

I assumed a dumbass with a cigarette (hey, it's really grainy) till I noticed the straightening of the jumper with both hands and then it dawned.
Well that's gonna have me paranoid around flammable substances for a while. And I thought all those shocks I got from static from being at a high altitude a few times were bad.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I was thinking "Don't pull it out, don't pull it out, run and hit the e-stop she pulled it out."

Don't fiddle with live industrial equipment

(He might have been blinded/deafened temporarily by the flash and gotten some burns on his hand, arm, and face, but the fact that he walked away without his clothes on fire is a really good sign.)

Three-Phase has a new favorite as of 06:09 on Feb 1, 2014

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hmmmmmmm

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

if you squeeze the nozzle can you share the fire with nearby cars?

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Re posting from 50 pages back but here's some more info on the Infamous Action Park.

While producing a park for injury defying 'Participant Sports'... Action Park was really different. This wasn't strap in, enjoy the ride place... exit at the end that most parts are today.

Shame there were no cell phones back because there would have been a lot of good gore, like -serious raspberries-to medium thickness burns... from running the alpine slide wearing a bathing suit using years old sleds that never had proper maintenance. Darwin and Mr Schadenfreude had laws chairs set up there.

First: Short Doco
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13qzyv_the-most-insane-amusement-park-ever-part-1-of-2_tech?start=1

And part 2
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13qzgb_the-most-insane-amusement-park-ever-part-2-of-2
Second: (Long presentation)

Psrt 3: long prestatiom on Traction park. Lots of injury talk.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/danm3/35-horror-stories-that-prove-action-park-was-the-6wr

Part 4: long presentation on the many aspects what wrong.
http://vimeo.com/42353399

[url]http://www.buzzfeed.com/danm3/35-horror-stories-that-prove-action-park-was-the-6wr[/ur: (long taped/live Presentation of this test our courage, most info):

I went to here about a half dozen times in the 80's. I will confirm that I personally saw a dozen injured folks with serious burns on the alpine slide alone one morning. This was a water park, so most of is would we wearing bathing suits since we were doing all the rides. They installed third super track after a couple years that you got some air on,using a 5 year sleds with no maintenance. Most of the burned folks still had the dignity to walk down injured with the sled.

The water was literally ice cold. Hypothermia would set in, it was frigid.

Since the place
was by drunk teenage kids from 4-16 and were served at late teeh it was a free far all. We would get served that 15

Herv has a new favorite as of 09:17 on Feb 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sad lions posted:

I assumed a dumbass with a cigarette (hey, it's really grainy) till I noticed the straightening of the jumper with both hands and then it dawned.
Well that's gonna have me paranoid around flammable substances for a while. And I thought all those shocks I got from static from being at a high altitude a few times were bad.

It wasn't the straightening of the jumper that did it, it was getting back in and out of the car.

• Locked thread