Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

toe knee hand posted:

and you contend that, in world cup play, the men don't fall over and pretend to be dead everytime someone touches them? or that they do but also the women do? if so i'll give it a watch the next time a world cup comes around.

Moments like this are the reason that the WC is worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Wildlife Analysis posted:

Moments like this are the reason that the WC is worth watching.

I got to 0:13, saw the "OH I'M DEAD" and lost interest.

e: HELP I'M WRITHING IN PAIN

e2: why would you link this when i had speifically said this poo poo was poo poo

with extra cheese
Oct 27, 2010

Pick posted:

every time i see a pinterest recipe i want to barf

There are just so many dips. So many. Why do we need to dip everything? Why are they sweet? Why is everything cake batter flavoured? I have so many questions

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

toe knee hand posted:

I got to 0:13, saw the "OH I'M DEAD" and lost interest.

e: HELP I'M WRITHING IN PAIN

e2: why would you link this when i had speifically said this poo poo was poo poo

you have to watch past that you doof.

e: if you can't enjoy a good headbutt then I don't even know

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Fruity Gordo posted:

im in australia, our team was an u-17 from a country town and we won the state league two years in a row.
it would be so funny if it turned out we played against each other at some point

i was in bathurst fwiw, but sadly we were loving disastrous and never played further afield than, like, blayney so unless you lived within 10km it's unlikely

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I was tonight invited to join a ladies touch rugby team, I'm lazy and small and have never played SPORTS. I will update on hilarity.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

you have to watch past that you doof.

e: if you can't enjoy a good headbutt then I don't even know
why would i watch past it the first bit is EXACTLY WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT SOCCER

yes i've seen some good soccer goals. who hasn't. but THIS poo poo outweighs it all and makes it terrible.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Avshalom posted:

it would be so funny if it turned out we played against each other at some point

i was in bathurst fwiw, but sadly we were loving disastrous and never played further afield than, like, blayney so unless you lived within 10km it's unlikely

nah we were on the coast. also i think you're a couple years younger than me? im 25 AND HAVE DONE NOTHING WITH MY LIFE :cry:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

toe knee hand posted:

why would i watch past it the first bit is EXACTLY WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT SOCCER

yes i've seen some good soccer goals. who hasn't. but THIS poo poo outweighs it all and makes it terrible.

a guy getting headbutted and milking it a bit ruins the sport?

like I don't even know what to say

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

a guy getting headbutted and milking it a bit ruins the sport?

like I don't even know what to say

a guy in the nhl last year in the playoffs played out a 30 second shift on a broken leg. not a fracture. a break. so yes, it does.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
if I wanted a macho sport I'd watch rugby, not sports where athletes attempt to kill each other while wearing all the pads

but different strokes I guess.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Fruity Gordo posted:

nah we were on the coast. also i think you're a couple years younger than me? im 25 AND HAVE DONE NOTHING WITH MY LIFE :cry:
i am a waif of three and twenty years but we frequently played against middle-aged women so basically our hatred had transcended the bonds of age

i'm disappointed that i never got to brawl with you but tbh you'd probably have beaten me soundly

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
why macho? it's not about macho. it's about toughness, and the fact that people use them as synonyms is sexist. the women in hockey are just as tough as the men. and the women in soccer (from my experience) are more tough.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
alright, "toughness" then. it has little to do with toughness and more to do with gaming the system. and it happens infrequently enough to be negligible. "toughness" is not something I dwell on when watching a skill-based sport.

and really, i find it kind of odd that anyone would complain about injuries (real or imagined) that take up maybe 3-4 minutes of your average 90 minute match when other sports spend a good half their run time airing commercials. odd but whatever. like i said people like different things.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Avshalom posted:

i am a waif of three and twenty years but we frequently played against middle-aged women so basically our hatred had transcended the bonds of age

i'm disappointed that i never got to brawl with you but tbh you'd probably have beaten me soundly

one day we will meet and i will smash you like a puny worm, fear not

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

if I wanted a macho sport I'd watch rugby, not sports where athletes attempt to kill each other while wearing all the pads

but different strokes I guess.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I finally saw Frozen and was all "no Elsa why are you shutting people out :qq:" for like half the movie.

My boyfriend saw it with me and he laughed hard when Hans revealed that he didn't really love Anna, he is a black-hearted motherfucker. That's what I love about him. :allears:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Shannonmcn posted:

I was tonight invited to join a ladies touch rugby team, I'm lazy and small and have never played SPORTS. I will update on hilarity.

oooh touch footy is really fun, i played it in high school in the summer bc soccer was winter sport. lots of dodging and diving and rolling in grass and smashing into people when you know youre gonna get touched/wanna touch your hated opponent

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Fruity Gordo posted:

one day we will meet and i will smash you like a puny worm, fear not
the great and terrible battle of the jews as foretold by the dead sea scrolls

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
am i too late for hockeychat? go canucks

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
Whoa, this thread's never been retitled.

Someone gimme a title!

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Tell us where the hell that avatar came from.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

a dozen swans posted:

am i too late for hockeychat? go canucks

I think you are but we can do it again sometime

I agree with your choice of hockey team

Noni
Jul 8, 2003

Captain Backslap posted:

Tell us where the hell that avatar came from.

Chinese Man Fails to Smuggle a Turtle Disguised as a Hamburger
http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/3420/20130809/chinese-man-fails-smuggle-turtle-disguised-hamburger.htm

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

Noni posted:

Someone gimme a title!

the she woman man haters club

nanny goats

yes we love cats the whole internet loves cats you sexist rear end in a top hat

we don't need men to repopulate the earth

these are all my great ideas feel free to put them all in rotation

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I think you should ask Pick if she'd like to call it something else and if so change it to that and otherwise leave it as is.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

you don't ask for thread name changes, you wait until someone says something funny and make that teh thread title

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Ladies' Chatting Thread: we don't need your phalluses

but yeah pick should choose it if we change the name

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
Okay I PMed Pick. Pick has been PMed.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Pththya-lyi posted:

I finally saw Frozen and was all "no Elsa why are you shutting people out :qq:" for like half the movie.

My boyfriend saw it with me and he laughed hard when Hans revealed that he didn't really love Anna, he is a black-hearted motherfucker. That's what I love about him. :allears:

he's a fantastically hansome rear end in a top hat.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Noni posted:

Okay I PMed Pick. Pick has been PMed.

why are all the mods gone

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

VanSandman posted:

why are all the mods gone

It's this or a rash of mod suicides.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Fruity Gordo posted:

wanna touch your hated opponent
mods?

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Noni posted:

Someone gimme a title!

Fruity Gordo posted:

wanna touch your hated opponent

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Ladythread: Should I do my taxes tonight? Circle one. YES NO DRINK BEER

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Obligatory Toast posted:

he's a fantastically hansome rear end in a top hat.

I wholeheartedly agree but I was referring to my boyfriend, he loves sordid poo poo

They need to get done sometime, and you'll feel so much better without them hanging over your head.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

why do we have one of the banme tags now

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

we all gonna get banned

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Portals posted:

why do we have one of the banme tags now

patriarchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i was on the exercise bike just then getting sweaty as gently caress when this super buff girl came wandering over

she stood in front of my bike and made unbroken unwavering eye contact with me for about five seconds while slurping loudly on her water bottle, then walked away without a sound

did i just miss a chance at true love?

• Locked thread