Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

sinewave posted:

Someone told me the quest NPC trades them for afrits in GG. Not sure thought.

The turn in for alb is outside of Stygian delta. I use to make a decent profit buying and selling afrit stacks on the housing market. It's tough to search housing for decent rog items since the search functionality is pretty weak compared to newer games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

boho posted:

Like I said I've taken to playing a Live trial account. I don't know what it's like at 50 (but I hear you just farm glass in groups til you have what you need and it's really not bad) but from 1-49 the PVE content is actually well done, gear is extremely easy to come by, BGs always have some people in them, etc. I don't know if the game is worth marrying but I'm enjoying my fling.
I'm glad you're enjoying live! The PvE content is what got me to play this game in the first place. I think it's a very well thought out universe. Many of the mobs have factions, so they will fight each other if they get too close, and they either like you or hate you depending on how you've treated their friends/enemies. The art is dated, but creative. The NPCs have their own schedules, egos, and ulterior motives. It's neat.

50 RvR is really fun, but my favorite times have involved doing quests and farming trophies with guildies. :)

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Cody posted:

I don't think staff ever said it's the ONLY thing contributing to instability, the DoS attacks are also a factor.

Stability isn't just a code problem it seems. People are deliberately trying to shut down the server as well. Hope they're able to adapt or whoever is doing it gets bored and stops.

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013
I still have that mumble up did any of our guilds want to use it? I can split up a few rooms for the different realms if needed. Might be able to get invites easier over voice as the /who function doesn't seem to be totaly functional.

Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

So, uh, is there a reason everyone on this server hates Buris Kinder?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
My guess is it's because Boston co-guild master is a lunatic.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Goon guild imo. We have the numbers

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013

Tanreall posted:

My guess is it's because Boston co-guild master is a lunatic.

Pringles can't be that bad I talked to him once for about 5 minutes seemed fine to me.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Minclark posted:

Pringles can't be that bad I talked to him once for about 5 minutes seemed fine to me.

Boston isn't Pringles. Pringles is a cool dude. Boston is some russian guy.

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Kind of close to leaving this guild. I'd definitely be up for a goon guild or something else. I get pretty annoyed with Boston in general.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Did something happen or is he just being his usual self?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Argh...finally get in a nice group in Nisse, stay logged in for more than 20 mins...

Server reboot in 10 minutes!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
No idea what he did to get the call out thread. I don't enjoy grouping or being in ts with him and I'll never go on one of his tg raids again. He spent the first ten minutes telling us how he was going to gear up some dude from Uthgard because he gave him stuff on Uthgard. Then every time something dropped it took 5 minutes for him to get the item and give it to whoever he felt deserved it and stopping the raid to do it. He even tried giving people loot that wasn't for their class or wasn't the correct weapon for them. It was pretty hosed up and the whole time he kept telling us how he was taking care of us. We also just happen to go in the direction of the skeletons that drop a 2 hand sword he wants. We ended up wasting a bunch time killing extra skeletons instead of moving on to other bosses as well. Someone he knew joined after we finished and got a bracer that I'm sure someone in the raid could have used.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

I would be down for a goon guild too. For such a new server, Buris seems to have a bad reputation already.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Tanreall posted:

No idea what he did to get the call out thread. I don't enjoy grouping or being in ts with him and I'll never go on one of his tg raids again. He spent the first ten minutes telling us how he was going to gear up some dude from Uthgard because he gave him stuff on Uthgard. Then every time something dropped it took 5 minutes for him to get the item and give it to whoever he felt deserved it and stopping the raid to do it. He even tried giving people loot that wasn't for their class or wasn't the correct weapon for them. It was pretty hosed up and the whole time he kept telling us how he was taking care of us. We also just happen to go in the direction of the skeletons that drop a 2 hand sword he wants. We ended up wasting a bunch time killing extra skeletons instead of moving on to other bosses as well. Someone he knew joined after we finished and got a bracer that I'm sure someone in the raid could have used.

He likes to use gas lighting tactics. He's kind of brain dead and really has no idea how to play a warrior. But overall he does some how manage to bring people together. I'd be up for a goon guild, but I don't really see the point when most of the goons playing now most likely won't be in a couple of weeks.
And a lot of that bad reputation is carry over from Uthgard.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm stuck at level 44. So frustrating trying to level with the server lagging and disconnecting.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

im gay posted:

I'm stuck at level 44. So frustrating trying to level with the server lagging and disconnecting.

Yeah, they keep upping the server cap for unknown reasons. It's perfectly stable at 800 or so people. At level 46 or 47 you can just quest to 50.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

PriNGLeS posted:

Yeah, they keep upping the server cap for unknown reasons. It's perfectly stable at 800 or so people. At level 46 or 47 you can just quest to 50.

I'm a healer, are those quests you posted a page back doable?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

im gay posted:

I'm a healer, are those quests you posted a page back doable?

Melting the Ice is soloable. The others you'll need a dps with you.

Edit: If you see me on I'll give you a hand.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Sweet, came here to see if any of you are on Origins (genesis).

Any idea if Hunters are terrible here? I didn't remember them being so bad on live/classic, but they were miserable on Uthgard.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I would imagine hunters would be back to being annoying just from a procedure standpoint. Constantly having to switch weapons, and arrow types, crafting your own arrows, etc. People certainly played them but I could never get into it.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Finally managed to get in some playtime today. Started up a healer like I planned, and to my delight the server seems very newbie friendly.
Immediately got invited into a newbie group and we leveled from 1 to 11 in about an hour, without any twinkage or so. People are really looking to fill up those groupslots as the bonus grouping exp is really worth it.

If any goons are that low I'd love to team up the next time I get online to get some leveling done.

PS : what is the most sought after during leveling : an Aug healer (for haste and buffs) or a Pac healer (for power regen and mezzes)? I'm going tri-spec anyway but want to know which to raise first.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Evernoob posted:

Finally managed to get in some playtime today. Started up a healer like I planned, and to my delight the server seems very newbie friendly.
Immediately got invited into a newbie group and we leveled from 1 to 11 in about an hour, without any twinkage or so. People are really looking to fill up those groupslots as the bonus grouping exp is really worth it.

If any goons are that low I'd love to team up the next time I get online to get some leveling done.

PS : what is the most sought after during leveling : an Aug healer (for haste and buffs) or a Pac healer (for power regen and mezzes)? I'm going tri-spec anyway but want to know which to raise first.

Both. I've been noticing a lot of people making and seeking out AoE groups. Wherein a pac would be superior. But both are great for groups. Pac would be the less boring one.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Once you hit around 40 you could probably grab on to a moderna group as a pac healer.

DrBombay
Jul 5, 2004

by Ralp

Tanreall posted:

Indeed, I had the same terrible experience as you did. Kept talking about how much he was helping all of us, took forever to loot, raged, lots of pointless and very casual shouting of racial slurs over teamspeak, etc. everything I don't look for in a guild. Boston is extremely grating and definitely has a god complex, thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread to grace all of our lives. Most of the American pubbies don't really know what they're doing, been in a couple really fail all guild RvR groups.

My vote is for a hybrid goon/pubbie guild except that we are the ones in power and have say over who gets recruited. I don't think we'd get much done with an exclusively goon guild, there aren't enough of us. (Yet..)

DrBombay fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 2, 2014

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007

DrBombay posted:

My vote is for a hybrid goon/pubbie guild except that are the ones in power and have say over who gets recruited. I don't think we'd get much done with an exclusively goon guild, there aren't enough of us. (Yet..)

Agree with you here. I have run into some pretty cool pubbies too so I wouldnt mind mixing it, as long as we only let quality human beings in. Nothing makes a game more unfun to play than people who take it more seriously than it is.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
What is the money from each loot kill going to anyway? I'm assuming guild crafters?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Is there a "what do I do at 50" guide for Live? I'm 40 and have started doing the glass quests to level. I know you can get a full set of epic armor for no effort at 50 but I'm kind of confused as to where things like pict farming, artifacts, master levels, and all that stuff fit in.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

boho posted:

Is there a "what do I do at 50" guide for Live? I'm 40 and have started doing the glass quests to level. I know you can get a full set of epic armor for no effort at 50 but I'm kind of confused as to where things like pict farming, artifacts, master levels, and all that stuff fit in.

Before rushing to 50 you might want to spend some time in CV, Cathal Valley, it's a 45-49 bg and the rank is up to 4L9 so you can get some realm points under your belt before heading out to the frontiers. Depending on your class and realm you might be able to score the Pictish weapons from a merchant. But you can basically ask in /region about the pict quests and where to go. Usually there is a rolling bg running the quests so you can also just search for that. Artifacts and master levels both can be bought with glass in the entrance to ToA. Walk around and speak with the different npcs and you should be able to find your way. Now is the time to start thinking about a suit as well so try and get a good ideas as to what your looking to achieve suit wise. And make sure to save those Afrits for RoG jewelry if you want to make a template utilizing that.

at 50 you'll want to speak to the king and start your champion levels, which will take a bit but you can get a few different side specialization spells that are helpful.

Edit: if your on alb I can give you a hand if you like.

Twlight fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 3, 2014

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
I am in as Soggybones (FINALLY) turns out you need to dll the 1.109 or something or you can't play, didn't see that in the instructions! Someone invite me to something I am new and lost and in nostalgia.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I've been holding off from joining Buris Kinder because of the talk of having our own guild and that apparently the server hates them and I want to be able to get groups for the time being, but I'm down to join a goon/pubbie guild. My zerker is 15 and I wasn't really able to log on at all yesterday until later at night.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Same here, couldn't log on on sunday.

So you don't want to join BK because the server hates them, but you do want to join a Goon guild. A Goon guild which I can assure you the server will learn to hate even more?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Evernoob posted:

Same here, couldn't log on on sunday.

So you don't want to join BK because the server hates them, but you do want to join a Goon guild. A Goon guild which I can assure you the server will learn to hate even more?

Oh I've been in plenty of goon guilds, I know what being hated is like, just saying when you're trying to get things rolling its easier if not everyone hates you. The few groups I've been in with people that had other mains on the server have had absolutely nothing good to say about BK so far. If I'm going to be hated I'd rather it be something I had a hand in :D

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Do we have anyone playing Albion on origins or nah?

I should say if anyone wants to play together in this game just add me on steam Soggygravy to coordinate since no one seems to have put up details for a mumble or voip.

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 3, 2014

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
There was a goon mumble but we use Buris Kinder's TS.

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Half the time I have no idea what is going in there. I just hear lots of german shouting.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Tanreall posted:

There was a goon mumble but we use Buris Kinder's TS.

I don't even know where to look to find info on that one.

DrBombay
Jul 5, 2004

by Ralp

SoggyGravy posted:

I don't even know where to look to find info on that one.

The teamspeak server is in the guild message under /social. ts.soldurii.com

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
How do you get into the guild?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Is there some trick to getting an account activation email or do they just not send them out?

Been waiting a few days and I haven't been manually activated either. Tried with a few different emails.

• Locked thread