Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Whatever dark deal with a demon Gigi made to work with colour the way she does it was totally worth it because :drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rasamune posted:

So what was that y'all were saying about Almond getting her comeuppance

Mute's about to put the "break" in "breakdance."

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

This ain't Deus Ex, Almond, you aren't bypassing a boss fight with dialog tree fuckery

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Rest in loving pieces

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Turns out Mutemaster turns into a murderbeast whenever he's knocked out, and it's a hassle to get him back to normal. Noisemaster just wanted to avoid that.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

If that's the case, I wonder if noisemaster is actually more or less harmless, but capable of being really loud so as to awaken murder-beast mode. It would explain why they are paired together.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what was it we were saying about Almond loving everything up :gibs:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tollymain posted:

So what was it we were saying about Almond loving everything up :gibs:
As long as she's not bitter about it!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Gigi be honest are you holding one of the Greek Muses captive

Is that how you have such command over color

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Gigi is actually the last Disaster Master, Colour master.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Cat Mattress posted:

As long as she's not bitter about it!

Screaming until you're blue in the face?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
This is the part of the boss fight where the fight theme gets really muted and only the deep bass comes through clearly.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't not read Noisemaster's dialogue this last page with some kind of drawl. Not really sure why though. It's really weird because it doesn't really fit very good with most of his other dialogue, at least in my head :confused:]

E: What was it some folks were saying a while ago about Knightmare Knight being the Dream Oracle's former boyfriend and all this stuff basically being her being a jerk?

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Feb 1, 2014

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Tollymain posted:

E: What was it some folks were saying a while ago about Knightmare Knight being the Dream Oracle's former boyfriend
Quite a funny and fitting theory for this comic.

quote:

and all this stuff basically being her being a jerk?
And this is a very reddit interpretation thereof.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
From what I understand the Dream Oracle is already a bit of a jerk, so this isn't exactly out of character or anything.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Popo posted:

Quite a funny and fitting theory for this comic.

To be fair, it's already pretty well established that the Dream Oracle has a non-trivial Jerkface attribute.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Popo posted:

Daring to believe female characters can actually be portrayed as jerks is :reddit: :mrapig: now?

PurpleLizardWizard
Jun 11, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Daring to believe female characters can actually be portrayed as jerks is :reddit: :mrapig: now?

Assuming that the fallout from a failed relationship is the woman's fault is.

Sorta a stretch in this case, though.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
This is the worst derail in the history of lovely, bizarre derails.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

Calaveron posted:

Whitenoise Poster posted:

RIP in peace Almond Serket.
All we need now is some proper Almond-Chat and Cucumber Quest is as good as ruined!

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Calaveron posted:

At least this one doesn't involve ebonics.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tollymain posted:

I can't not read Noisemaster's dialogue this last page with some kind of drawl. Not really sure why though. It's really weird because it doesn't really fit very good with most of his other dialogue, at least in my head :confused:]

Gigi said something about his voice being somewhere around the Beastie Boys' which personally fits decently

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Got my kick starter hardcover today. Great looking book.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Ouch.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I was about to post the same thing. Ouch.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

So we can assume the deal with the wall was his doing. Also this doesn't look good for Almond.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Devil Ed posted:

So we can assume the deal with the wall was his doing. Also this doesn't look good for Almond.

Well, Cucumber does have actual magic now so it's possible he can save her with water. Or plugs. Or pizza.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

The lack of comment under the comic really adds to the whole poo poo getting really real here. Cucumber please cast a spell or something.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Almonds just on mute, right guys? She'll be okay, right?...right?

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Peridot save. Periodot save. :mad:

e: :ohdear:

Meowjesty fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 2, 2014

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

wdarkk posted:

Well, Cucumber does have actual magic now so it's possible he can save her with water. Or plugs. Or pizza.

Cucumber's always had magic. He's just used to having a lovely wand.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I think the thing that's going to save Almond is whatever is causing the gray-scale splash.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Akett posted:

I think the thing that's going to save Almond is whatever is causing the gray-scale splash.

... So you're saying that Mutemaster is going to save Almond from Mutemaster? :confused:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

wdarkk posted:

Only that Cucumber doesn't have pizza magic, Nautilus does.
:goonsay:

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Zereth posted:

... So you're saying that Mutemaster is going to save Almond from Mutemaster? :confused:

I don't recall his power causing the color to go away, and if it was from him it would make more sense for it to be in more than just the last two panels. I could easily be wrong. Or we could both sort of be right and docile Mutemaster could wake up again, but that's not likely.

The only reason I bring it up is the timing points more toward it saving her. It reminds me of some depictions of time being stopped more than anything.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The last time we saw this kinda thing happen, it definitely wasn't trying to save them. So it's pretty safe to say it's Mutemaster's power.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sound is consistently reflected in the color palette in this chapter.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The gray splash that mutes everything is as good as explicitly confirmed to be Mutemaster's power.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GUNNAWRECKIT :unsmigghh:

I find it amusing that this whole thing was a huge heel turn for Almond in the eyes of the fans. I've seen almost exclusively "you deserve a beatdown" comments about this turn of events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, I don't really want her to get beat down.

We can see which of the siblings got Cabbage's Jerkface stat bonus though :colbert: