Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

e: I do not read the thread as much as I should

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Like 4 posts up on the last page dude.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru just got added to Crunchyroll manga. http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/soredemo-machi-wa-mawatteiru/volumes

Hopefully they'll add the old the older chapters soon.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Woah yeah, that's over 20 chapters beyond what's been translated thus far.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I just binged through this and... what the gently caress was that twist? :psyduck:

This series needs to come sooner :suspense:

Semantics, my dear goon. Semantics.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Never mind that poo poo, there's new Voynich Hotel to read!!!

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/220902/the-voynich-hotel_v3_ch60_by_thetsuuyaku

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Someday I'll understand Sakamoto's deal, today is not that day :psyduck:

Sakamoto is a humanoid cursed monkey-paw.

If you scheme against him you'll get exactly what you asked for but nothing that you wanted.
If you ask him for help you'll get nothing that you wanted but everything you needed.

DrSunshine posted:

Mikake no Nijusei definitely fits this thread -- it's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for, almost like a story out of Calvin and Hobbes turned into a manga series (you know, the one with the Duplicator)!

Yeah, it's a nice blend of silly and heartwarming. I'm not quite sure where they're going with the "please turn us back" request because uhh that usually leads down a dark path and they seemed to adapt pretty happily to being duplicated.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

Never mind that poo poo, there's new Voynich Hotel to read!!!

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/220902/the-voynich-hotel_v3_ch60_by_thetsuuyaku

drat it Snark :mad:

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Rodyle posted:

drat it Snark :mad:

Everybody knew what was going to happen after the bar scene. You KNEW.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Zai x 10 Chapter 12

Holy poo poo, even more continuity :stare:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Nate RFB posted:

Zai x 10 Chapter 12

Holy poo poo, even more continuity :stare:

That bank robber is amazing.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

A new Jitsu wa Watashi wa went up an hour ago.

Pretty weird take on a wolfman, i guess?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

PrinnySquadron posted:

Isn't that a slang term over in japan? Wolf, I mean.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

PrinnySquadron posted:

A new Jitsu wa Watashi wa went up an hour ago.

This manga has the best take on monsters than I've seen :allears:

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
So Silva had its last chapter released today. It's short but pretty sweet. Anyone who hasn't read it should take a bit of time to check it out. It's too bad it couldn't have gone on longer but it's nice that it got fully scanlated in the end.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
The latest (scanlated) chapter of Soredemo -- I'm not sure if it's allowed for me to post the link, Crunchyroll has just the most recently published chapter, 108, and none of the backlogs -- is really surreal and just a tad spooky. I love it when the manga gets like this, it really scratches that "Surreal Daily Life Manga" itch!

If only the scanning group wasn't as :japan: in its translation!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Centaur's Worries 44 and 45.

More cute than you can probably handle.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 3, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Centauri's Worries is the most unpredictable thing. One chapter, homicidal tiger people assassins. The next, adorable centaur toddlers.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Sindai posted:

Centauri's Worries is the most unpredictable thing. One chapter, homicidal tiger people assassins. The next, adorable centaur toddlers.

Oh, the transfer student is on a date, how cute! Secret agents have to follow her because she may or may not be a spy working with homicidal aliens, though.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I think the thread went into the archives, so I'll probably just post this here.

The latest chapter of Invader Zi-- Squid Girl!

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

DrSunshine posted:

I think the thread went into the archives, so I'll probably just post this here.

The latest chapter of Invader Zi-- Squid Girl!

Wow, what happened to the scans? This is the first in almost half a year. I guess it just fell out of the public eye now that the show's finished?

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
I was going to post to ask if Voynich Hotel and Nickelodeon qualified as "Surreal Daily Life Mangas" and then I scrolled up and saw someone mention Voynich Hotel.

So

How about that double release huh

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
There's a double release and you're not giving the links? Jeez, whatever happened to common courtesy? Do you know how hard it is to GoogleTM things?

Seriously though, what double release? Nickelodeon's chapter 31 was three days ago, Voynich's chapter 60 was a week ago. I went to the thetsuuyaku's webpage and their last update is for something called Oddman 11? Where are you finding them? Give me more Dowman Sayman, dammit.

If you're talking about Wunderkammer of Fascination, since Wunderkammer already means cabinet of curiosities, the title is redundant. In my opinion that brings down this chapter to roughly non-autographed Prince Fielder card from the 2011 Upper Deck Prospect Premieres.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Oddman 11 is Dowman Sayman, by the way, so thanks for letting me know that was out.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

He likes that cyclops collector character, huh?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Does anyone know if Ikigami is ongoing? Because if it's done that was one hell of a downer with the ending.

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
I think the raws were released within a few hours of one another, that's why I had it down as a "double" release in my head. All I remember is "hey voynich has a new chapter scanned and nickelodeon is due any minute" and then I slipped into some sort of surreal mango-fueled haze

Regardless, I can't get enough of that poo poo. The stories, the art, the everything. It's all so good.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Is anyone ready for three new chapters of Donut Cats? Because I sure am! It's oddly cute, somehow.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
More girl-clones-herself manga!

edit: or rather, is cloned, I suppose. Either way, still great, still absurd/surreal!

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Feb 9, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

edit: or rather, is cloned, I suppose. Either way, still great, still absurd/surreal!

The scene where they realize that they went to school together only after they came to class was completely hilarious! I really wish there was more of this out there, there's just something really lovely and adorably surreal about this.

Also, another chapter of St. Young Men! Yess!

-- With stuff like this, Angel Densetsu, and Voynich Hotel coexisting side-by-side, this really is quite a varied thread, isn't it?

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 9, 2014

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It was a very weird experience clicking this and finding out there are in fact two girl clones herself manga.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Cake Attack posted:

It was a very weird experience clicking this and finding out there are in fact two girl clones herself manga.

Three, if you count Franken Fran. :unsmigghh:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New 'The truth is I'm...'

The class rep and the wolf girl made a great pair :v:

(We need to found a nickname or something to name this manga though)

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

How about "Truthism"? :v:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Are some pages missing from the end?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Please, it's wolfman girl.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Tiny class rep is just waaaaay too adorable.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

The Lord of Hats posted:

Tiny class rep is just waaaaay too adorable.

Hey, a "Keikaku means plan" translation :v:. Not that this translation has ever been superb English, but I noticed that a bit more.

This series is pretty cute, but I think I'd like it a bit more if it wasn't relying so much on the "everything is the MC's fault, poo poo on/physically abuse the MC as much as possible" trope. Aside from the "monsters exist and are also really silly" gimmick (which again, is cute), it's painfully formula.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Oh my god!
:tviv:

poo poo just hit the fan in the latest Donyatsu!! The beginning of the bigger plot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Truthism :v:

Che Delilas posted:

Hey, a "Keikaku means plan" translation :v:. Not that this translation has ever been superb English, but I noticed that a bit more.

This series is pretty cute, but I think I'd like it a bit more if it wasn't relying so much on the "everything is the MC's fault, poo poo on/physically abuse the MC as much as possible" trope. Aside from the "monsters exist and are also really silly" gimmick (which again, is cute), it's painfully formula.

This time wasn't the MC fault!

:haw:

• Locked thread